Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - a villain on the loose; {a wanted poster}

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isra

“Every story needs its hero. And its villain. And its monster.” 

----

Isra is almost frantic as she clamors through the doorway of the Denocte castle. Her hooves scrabble over the marble and this is the first time her eyes do not linger on the constellations etched in gemstone overhead. The horses lingering in the entryway stare at their wild queen and for a moment through the fear, she's thankful that she's surely moving to quickly for them to see the ring of teeth marks and blood around her throat. 

She doesn't stop at any of their calls and makes her way down the hallways, her steps slowing the closer and closer she gets to to her rooms. Once there she pauses to blink back the frantic fear and that beast that wants to run to war. What's left of her magic rises to her aid and words easily appear on the papers before her (the threads of the paper turning a strange red-black color, like blood). 

The papers read,

A Warning to the Court,

The stallion named Raum, one of the 'Crows', is loose in our home. He has attacked me, your Sovereign, with malevolence and hate. Had I not escaped, (here drops of tears and blood stain the top paper), surely death or grave injury would have followed. 

He is wanted for these crimes and surely many others that have yet to come to light. Please do not confront him on your own, alert the soldiers and champions of the Court. I could not bear it if a single of you came to harm from this villain. He can change his skin on whim-- teeth can become fangs and skin armor. So beware his magic as much as his sinister intentions. 

Please help me keep our home safe from dangers that seek to break the new peace and courage that we have found with the opening of our Court to the world. Let us ensure that they see only how wonderful we are and that all their false views on the darkness of our hearts are nothing but lies. 

Isra

Below the words an image of the stallion as she remembers him forms, white as a ghost with empty knife holders around his legs. Even from the paper the sight of that black, hateful gaze makes her shiver (and makes that beast in her roar). 

Her skin still shivers as if flies crawl all over her and her throat still burns as if teeth as still embedded in it. But she swallows all the fear down and hurries back to the horses below and begs them all to spread the papers so that the entire court might be put on alert-- especially with the festival starting and the other courts pouring into their home like rain. 

NOTE: you are free to respond to this if you want your character to have an IC reaction, otherwise it's an FYI. This takes place just before the start of the festival, so anyone is welcome to approach Isra to discuss it. <3

@Raum