Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Coloring Outside the Lines

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 34 — Threads: 6
Signos: 530
Inactive Character

"I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original."

His youthful features creased as he furrowed his brow, puzzled as Moira spoke. Maybe when he was older he would understand the meaning behind her words, but his lack of experience and a childish view of the world caused him to take the words literally. “It’s okay,” he attempted to reassure the fire-hewn woman, his voice gentle like a sibling trying to calm a brother or sister, “I can’t fly yet, either. But… I’m real good at running, and I could teach you!”

On the subject of sugary treats somehow rising into the sky, however, Regis left it alone when he was suddenly enveloped by a wing much larger and grand than his own. He wasn’t frightened, however, and neither was Milo. Were Moira to look down, she would be met by a bright smile and eyes glistening with excitement and anticipation, ready to seek out their hidden treasure – but first, Moira speaks of her favorite of them all, and his smile broadens. He doesn’t know the rich history of Delumine like his father, doesn’t know what flora surrounds their home and knows only some of the fauna, but what Regis has committed to was all the different types of sweets that their own cooks were capable of making.

“Cinnamon rolls are my favorite, too!” He exclaims gleefully, head rising minutely as though proud of such a proclamation. If Moira liked them like he did, did that mean he was more like a grownup? As for chocolate, he’d been given limited amounts, but maybe tonight would be the night he could change that. If it were possible, the colt looked even more excited than before, and thankfully they begin their journey before he could try and lead the way himself.

They are years apart, Prince and Emissary, but Regis had found friends in everyone he had ever come across throughout his brief existence. If anything, Miss Moira was already well on her way to becoming one of his best friends. Together they moved, a trio weaving through the heavy foot traffic of guests clamoring to get out on the floor to dance, to find their friends and fix heaping plates of Denocte’s exquisite catering. Were it not for Moira’s deft footwork and her unwavering awareness of him, Regis would have surely been swept away and lost in the ocean of attendees, but eventually they made it to the proverbial shore in one piece.

The booth was clearly constructed with children in mind, and while Regis could easily look beyond the glass display to see the various items offered, he had to rest his chin on the edge of the countertop to see the vendor himself and the glorious chocolate fountain. It spilled endlessly over itself, and idly Regis wondered how he could obtain such a magic as this until Moira’s urgings banished the thought from his mind. He focused instead on one of the strawberries, and with shaky magic he plucked one of the strawberries from the table, to the fountain and then into his mouth. Chomping down without reservation, the boy gave a gasp as he gazed up at the two adults as though in shock. “Holy smokes!” He cried out, a grin sweeping across his features as he once again seemed to bounce in place. “That was so good, mister! Thank you. May I pretty please have another? And Milo, too?”

He looked back then to Moira, absolutely beaming. ”No wonder these are your favorites. I gotta bring momma and papa here before we hafta leave.”

”Speech”

@Moira!! It's a wonder Regis hasn't been kidnapped yet xD Not sure if you wanted to call this a good place to end?? I definitely want another thread between them soon, though, for sure ;o;
aimless | odeen

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING, WHAT WILL YOU FALL FOR?

all contact and force is allowed at any time, sans godmodding and powerplay

Messages In This Thread
Coloring Outside the Lines - by Regis - 12-13-2018, 05:03 AM
RE: Coloring Outside the Lines - by Moira - 12-13-2018, 12:45 PM
RE: Coloring Outside the Lines - by Regis - 12-17-2018, 02:57 AM
RE: Coloring Outside the Lines - by Moira - 02-10-2019, 03:07 AM
RE: Coloring Outside the Lines - by Regis - 03-03-2019, 06:03 AM
RE: Coloring Outside the Lines - by Moira - 03-11-2019, 12:27 AM
RE: Coloring Outside the Lines - by Regis - 03-17-2019, 03:57 AM
RE: Coloring Outside the Lines - by Moira - 03-24-2019, 05:33 PM