Novus
Hello, Guest! Register

OOC  - Year 503 Summer - Spotlight Announcements!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 65 — Threads: 0
Signos: 3,415
Administrator

SPOTLIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS!
All prizes have been distributed!

Congratulate @nestle on winning Member of the Season!

Nestle is a very positive and creative light in Novus! She handles a lot of responsibilities — from being on the mod team, to running Dencote as Isra, all on top of planning and executing some really wonderful events! The planning she has put into the Summer Solstice Masquerade is really amazing, as not only has she cooked up an awesome IC event - but she's also doing personalized tarot card readings and made some specialized, unique items just for this!

Congratulate @Theodosia on winning Character of the Season!

Through and through, she has been a prominent part of Dusk-life since joining Novus and was super active during our recent SWP, where Theo’s emotions were so raw and real! Through no shadow of a doubt, she is a remarkable, badass female character whose recent threads have shown great development and story arc.

Congratulate @Moira on winning Quote of the Season!

From Small as a wish in a well — "Are there lines she's crossing? Should she toe them or touch them with a pole and stay away wholly? But to avoid such a storm he offers, such a taste of life; to withhold herself from the chance to taste starlight, to love satin and silk and swallow pomegranate seeds not yet offered... She should be stronger."

This quote stuck out to us and many others for all the right reasons. It’s so deep and wishful and restrained — even without reading the entire thread, it's so expressive that you get an immediate feel for her relationship with Asterion. As Rae said, this quote so beautifully captures the uncertainty and the thrill of a crush!

Congratulate @Atreus and @Fiona on winning Pair of the Season!

No pair was nominated by our members this season - so staff nominated one ourselves! Two characters we would never expect to mesh so well together, yet they do and, honestly, we're all in love. We look forward to continuing to stalk their threads together!

Congratulate @Acton and @Raum on "RIP to my Youth" winning Thread of the Season!

The development Griff and Obsi have put into these two characters — particularly since the Crows have since officially disbanded — is incredible. The writing is gorgeous and draws you in, and this interaction? It’s at the same time what you may expect from these two and completely unexpected. We definitely want to see where this is headed (although we might  have a good idea....) and watch their kinship continue to develop in ways that may continue to surprise us!

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59P EST ON 01/30/19!

Year 503 Summer is half over - and that means Spotlight Announcements are right around the corner!
We're looking at YOU guys to give us the nominations on who you think would be the best for the following categories:

CHARACTER of the Season
El Toro, who won Character OTS for 503 Spring, is not available for nomination!

Current nominations: @Euryale - @Theodosia -

PAIR of the Season
Eik&Isra, who won Pair OTS for 503 Spring, cannot be nominated!

Current nominations: 

THREAD of the Season

Thread must have been made or posted in during Spring (12/01/18 - 01/30/19)!

Current nominations: Gospel of Dismay - R.I.P to my youth - Moonlight walking, I smell your softness

MEMBER of the Season
Griffin, who won Player OTS for 503 Spring, isn't available for nomination!

Current nominations: @nestle - @Sparrow

QUOTE of the Season

Quote must come from a post made during Spring (12/01/18 - 01/30/19)!

Current nominations include...

From @Bexley in Hit me like that snare; — "Which is why she tries not to use the word worship for Acton, but deep down, grinding its hard teeth against her heart, she knows there is nothing else to describe it properly - the blood sacrifices she’s laid to his altar, the gold and the figs and the lives she would give him, if he asked - the way she wears his name on her face day after day after day. 

After a certain amount of bodies pile up, she thinks, blood is more a side effect than an offering."

From @Eik in the river and the moon — "Eik does not want to speak of how he is torn between love and duty, because it is not in his nature to confide... but oh, love has made him weak, and duty has worn him thin, and he does not much feel like himself these days anyway."

From @Saphrax in so come with me where dreams are born — "My mother was half-phoenix, my father a god. I suppose those two things together make me sexy and harmless."

From @Moira in small as a wish in a well — "Are there lines she's crossing? Should she toe them or touch them with a pole and stay away wholly? But to avoid such a storm he offers, such a taste of life; to withhold herself from the chance to taste starlight, to love satin and silk and swallow pomegranate seeds not yet offered... She should be stronger."

From @Asterion in Dark angels — "...but the beat of his heart knows better - it is want that stirs in him, dark and low and strange. Want for the way she moves, the way she looks at him, the way her voice traces like fingers down his neck, down his back. He does not quite know what it is he wants - to taste the salt on her skin, to scrape his teeth along her shoulder, to see if the wildness of her might make him wild, too &mdash"

From @Calliope in I am never warm; I am rigid — "Tonight she feels reckless and wild with the way parts of her skin don't feel like they belong to her anymore. She itches and she burns and she wants rivers of blood. Blood enough to drown a hundred gods in."

• Winners will receive 100 signos and be highlighted in our Spotlight section!

• NEW! The (first) person to nominate a Spotlight winner will also receive 100 signos!

• Post the below form in a reply to this thread, or message staff directly if you'd like to stay anonymous.

• You may nominate for 1, 2, 3, or all categories - and may make multiple nominations per category!

• You can nominate those already listed under current nominations, but be aware that multiple votes won't increase their chances of winning! Please try and suggest someone different, if you're able to!

• We know it's tempting (and many of you deserve the recognition!), but please don't nominate yourself!

• Players/Characters who won the Year 503 Spring Spotlights cannot be nominated this time around. This doesn't apply to those who were nominated last time but not chosen. They may be nominated again!

Code:
<blockquote><blockquote>
<div class="tcat"><font style="font-size:20px; font-weight:bold;">Spotlight Nomination!</font></div>

<b>Which OTS</b>: CHARACTER, PAIR, THREAD, OR MEMBER OF THE SEASON
<b>Show us</b>: <a href="">LINK</a> TO THE CHARACTER(s), THREAD, OR MEMBER
<b>Reason:</b> TELL US WHY YOU CHOSE WHO/WHAT YOU CHOSE!

</blockquote></blockquote>

Staff will make the final vote and decide which of the nominees for each category is the best fit!

Played by Offline griffin [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 4,875
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: THREAD
Show us: Gospel of Dismay
Reason: Ahh where to start? There's so much good drama in here, plus some excellent humor (a good counterpoint to the tension) too! The dynamics of the group make for such a fun read and I look forward to seeing this one continue (and the developments that come of it).

Which OTS: QUOTE
Show us: "Which is why she tries not to use the word worship for Acton, but deep down, grinding its hard teeth against her heart, she knows there is nothing else to describe it properly - the blood sacrifices she’s laid to his altar, the gold and the figs and the lives she would give him, if he asked - the way she wears his name on her face day after day after day.

After a certain amount of bodies pile up, she thinks, blood is more a side effect than an offering.

@Bexley from this thread

and

"Eik does not want to speak of how he is torn between love and duty, because it is not in his nature to confide... but oh, love has made him weak, and duty has worn him thin, and he does not much feel like himself these days anyway."

@Eik from this thread

Reason: I WILL

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 3,210
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Thread
Show us: r.i.p. to my youth
Reason: There's so much good stuff going on in this thread! I was hooked, start to finish.

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: Moonlight walking, I smell your softness
Reason: These characters are both so beautifully and distinctly written, reading them together is an absolute luxury.

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Member
Show us: Nestle 
Reason: It is clear that Nestle spent a ton of time and care into planning and implementing the most recent Night Court event. Plus in general Nestle is a fountain of creativity and generosity (she's doing actual tarot card readings for characters??!) and is such an inspiration to read and write with!

honestly I have so much more to nominate (mostly threads) so I will most definitely be back with more.

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 3,210
OOC Account

I'm baaack

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Quote
Show us:
“My mother was half-phoenix, my father a god. I suppose those two things together make me sexy and harmless.” - Saphrax in So come with me where dreams are born...
Reason: Zombie manages to crack me up in almost every Saph post with his wild egotism xD I feel like this quote captures his character perfectly. (PLUS it's a quote straight from the horse's mouth)

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Quote
Show us:
"Are there lines she's crossing? Should she toe them or touch them with a pole and stay away wholly? But to avoid such a storm he offers, such a taste of life; to withhold herself from the chance to taste starlight, to love satin and silk and swallow pomegranate seeds not yet offered... She should be stronger." -Moira in Small as a wish in a well
Reason: This quote so beautifully captures the uncertainty and the thrill of a crush <3

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: Gospel of Dismay
Reason: This is such a fun thread!! I immensely enjoyed reading every character's reaction to the situation and interactions with each other.

Played by Offline griffin [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 4,875
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: CHARACTER
Show us: @Euryale
Reason: Have you read her? Aurora writes so lushly - reading her posts always puts me into a mood where the only thing I'm picturing is what's going on in the words. It's so gothic and darkly romantic, and I've enjoyed reading all of Euryale's various meetings with other characters around Novus - and look forward to more!

Which OTS: CHARACTER
Show us: @Theodosia
Reason: Ah, Theo. She has been through so much recently and stayed strong through it all! I loved her thread with Marisol (nothing like collapsing from pneumonia while feverish with your commander/crush) and her commentary in the Gospel of Dismay thread is some of my favorite.

Played by Offline aurora [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 0
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: quote
Show us: "but the beat of his heart knows better - it is want that stirs in him, dark and low and strange. Want for the way she moves, the way she looks at him, the way her voice traces like fingers down his neck, down his back. He does not quite know what it is he wants - to taste the salt on her skin, to scrape his teeth along her shoulder, to see if the wildness of her might make him wild, too —" Dark Angels (Asterion)
Reason: it's haunting. griffin writes so beautifully. if i saw this on pininterest, i would instantly add it.

Which OTS: quote
Show us: "Tonight she feels reckless and wild with the way parts of her skin don't feel like they belong to her anymore. She itches and she burns and she wants rivers of blood. Blood enough to drown a hundred gods in. " I am never warm. I am rigid; (Calliope)
Reason: ahh, is there nothing nestle won't write, that just lifts off the page like dark, beautiful magic?

Which OTS: member
Show us: @Sparrow
Reason: i would honestly nominate everyone. but if i had to choose one, sparrow. i was tentative in returning, but sparrow is sweet, friendly, and helped me since day one - not to mention she's such a talented writer. so as a newcomer, i really appreciate how she reached out to me!

i'll add more soon!

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 65 — Threads: 0
Signos: 3,415
Administrator

Congrats to our spotlight winners!! ♥

Character: @Theodosia - Member: @nestle - Thread: RIP my youth, @Raum and @Acton - Quote: @Moira - Pair: @Atreus and Fiona