Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - remembrance

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

At mention of the festivities, Corr was quick to pack her things and make her way closer to the Court's center. Of course, it wouldn't be a normal day if she wasn't met with Hāsta's protesting, but the crow eventually got over it. There really wasn't anything better for her to do anyway.

The pair had stopped briefly in the fields to meet with a stranger. They were revealed to be named Reckitt and had recently joined the Dawn Court. The strange part though was that the woman had known her in another life - or another world, for that matter. In this alternate world, Corr was a wolf and Hāsta wasn't even real. Her mind was still trying to wrap around these facts, but it was all so fascinating. Perhaps she needed to dive into some meditation and consult with the animal guardians to find out more of what this could mean.

Now they had continued towards their original destination with Hāsta flying overhead again to lead the way. She had seen the trail of smoke coming up from the cliffs, so Corr decided to make that their first spot to check out. When they arrived, a lovely dinner was laid out on the table with drinks. The smoke was coming from the bonfire that was set and there was dancing and laughter. The vibe here was just what Corrdelia needed to welcome the season change and simply get a change of pace. There were few visitors to her house in the swamp, so not only was she eager to meet more of her Court, but also perhaps get some more of those interested in her readings. Her desire to help was too great not to be fulfilled somehow.

It had been explained to her that one could set out wishes into the sea and gifts were being exchanged within the gathering. Corr decided to take a few moments to set out her wish before jumping right into the social circle. It would be a good time for her to collect her thoughts.

Hāsta kept her distance and landed on a nearby rock, waiting for her companion to be ready. She was not one for social gatherings, but the bird cared too much for Corr not to be with her (although Hāsta would never admit this).

Taking a piece of paper and a quill, the mare made her way to the edge of the cliff. It was a marvelous sight both in beauty and in the risk of danger. Thankfully she had wings, but others would not be so lucky since one wrong move would cause them to fall down. She would be careful still as losing her footing was not what she had in mind for this.

There was a long moment of stillness. In a way it was quiet as the roaring of the ocean waves below muffled the sounds of the horses behind her. A breeze tousled her hair and she had to shake her head to get her forelock out of her eyes. Yes, I think I know now.

Now satisfied with her wish, she wrote it on her piece of paper then released it into the breeze. It floated in the wind until it was so far away, she could no longer see it.

Quietly she uttered a spell to follow her paper wish.

"This simple wish is mine to cast,
a magic spell to make it last,
I close my eyes a little shiver,
this wish for me now please deliver."

Her eyes remained closed for a few moments and, when she opened them, a feeling of relief came over her. The spell was perhaps a bit childish, but it was something her mother had taught her and her sister, so she would always hold it dear to her heart.

@Ard @Erd <3

"Speaking."
Table code by Frost