Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - step up or back down

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline bruiser [PM] Posts: 26 — Threads: 5
Signos: 30
Inactive Character

you shouldn't have to pay for your love
with your bones and your flesh

Toro,

I hope this letter finds you in good health amongst all of the chaos recently. There is a lake some distance between our two Courts, where caves seem to dot the surface of the mountains -- if you would like to meet there, I would enjoy your company. I have a request of you.

Your friend,
Anzhelo.

He seals the letter with trembling telekinesis and a faint flicker of hope deep in his chest, despite all of the turmoil currently plaguing his home. He worries for the horned stallion -- he is brash, and reckless, and there is a silver man currently holding the crown, one that dominates whispers of crows and blood. 

The bird that carries the letter away is swift, and he can only quietly pray that the words will find their intended receiver without tipping off the wrong sort of person. There is danger in what he has agreed to do -- if he is discovered, he has little doubt that he will be punished accordingly, but if it might help bring Isra home, he is willing to do so. 

He departs his Court that night and makes it to the Abigo caves by daybreak to wait for what Toro's answer might be, before he continues to the next part of his mission. 
credits

@El Toro

you were only a boy,
when you were thrown into a war.

Played by Offline Muirgen [PM] Posts: 114 — Threads: 16
Signos: 0
Day Court Champion of Battle
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Summer]  |  17.2 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 25 — Exp: 40  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Hajduk (Mythical Lion)

THIS CITY IS SO COLD AND I’M, I’M SO SOLD

Toro didn’t get letters.

Not - not to say that he didn’t understand them, but it was entirely that no one sent him any. Who would? Needless to say, he was surprised - shocked, even - to find a bird waiting for him at his most recent residence (for as much as he craved stability, he had taken it upon himself to leave whichever part of the capital he was in that started to have too many familiar faces, because all of them seemed to sneer) with a letter addressed to Toro. He was hesitant to open it at first, thinking, perhaps, that it was meant for someone else, but shame on the sender for getting the address wrong, if that was the case, and so, he resolved to indulge in whatever business was not for his eyes. But as the white bull skimmed along the brief message, they fell upon the signature. He inhaled sharply. 

Your friend,
Anzhelo.

He would say something stupid like that. Toro reread the letter three times before crumpling the paper and throwing it into the corner of his very unfurnished room. He spent the rest of the afternoon pacing, during which he took a break for dinner, before slipping out of the capital as the last rays of dusk slid below the horizon. It’d be wrong to make such a sorry creature wait.

It took some days for El Toro to cross the plains of Solterra, and it lengthened his trip even more to skirt around the canyon (though he took a break at the oasis), dipping south through the mountains (in which he proclaimed himself lost at least twice) before finding the lake of which (he hoped) Anzhelo wrote. It seemed about right, anyway, for when he looked hard enough he found the yawning mouth of, what he considered, a rather noteworthy cave. Toro took a few steps in, but he found his hooves sinking quickly. He called out, “Anzhelo?” before backing out, hoping the darkness had not swallowed his fr- 

@AnzheloBORN TO LOSE
"What I say,"

What I think,
CREDITS

please always tag here and preferably discord for replies

Inactive Character

this small boy with his hungry mouth, burning,
for a scrap of armor, blazing for a shard of love

He is beginning to think that his letter had been lost, or that Toro had simply decided not to come, when he finally spots the figure on the horizon, and the feeling that rises in his chest is too close to hope to call it anything but. There is relief, as well, the half-formed thought that perhaps he had been mistaken -- that Toro would not want to be his friend, that he had misread everything they have said to each other

“Toro,” He calls back from the darkness, emerging from the cave that tries to drown him if he doesn’t place his feet just right on the hidden rocks (he has had plenty of time to learn where they are, his journey less strenuous than his companion’s path) and his smile is brilliant when he comes fully into the late morning sunlight.

“I’m glad you made it here safely.” He is glad that Toro has made it here at all, that he had answered the call of a God and has survived unscathed (or what seems to be so), but he knows not how to say it without baring his own throat to the sharp jaws of doubt. So he swallows back those uncertain words, to the back of his throat where they stick like burrs, and he lets the sunlight bathe over the both of them before he speaks once more.

“I have a favor to ask of you.”

credits

@El Toro

you were only a boy,

Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Summer]  |  17.2 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 25 — Exp: 40  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Hajduk (Mythical Lion)

WE ALL KNOW THIS IS NOTHING

Something sharp and cold stakes him to the ground when his name rings out from the cave. He knows that voice better than others, for certain, for who else would talk to him for so long - Isra, perhaps, but she was of quieter things he thought, and he did not like to see her so much for she knew him when he was weak, but then, so did Anzhelo, and this all wasn’t so bad, if not for the trip-

The grin on Anzhelo’s face is wide and earnest. ”I’m glad you made it here safely.” Toro dipped his head; he had few thoughts on the situation that would leave his mouth in proper order so he simply glanced away. He remembered then the dragon scale about his neck, but the antlered stallion was already speaking so Toro let the thought pass. He’d grown accustomed to its weight against his chest; it felt like it belonged with him now. Few things ever did, and fewer people yet.

”I have a favor to ask of you.” Always so serious, wasn’t he? ”Yeah, I got that part from the letter.” Why do you think I’m out here? prickles at his good intentions but he holds his tongue for Anzhelo. Always for Anzhelo. ”What do you need?”

@AnzheloCall Me in the Day | call the police
"What I say,"

What I think,
credit

Inactive Character

this small boy with his hungry mouth, burning,
for a scrap of armor, blazing for a shard of love

He can’t help the fond smile that pulls across his lips at Toro’s voice, a smile that softens the lines of his face and makes him ever-so-much a boyish youth again, all gangly legs and breathless exultations, youthful enough to still believe in the idea that gods were just beings instead of the cruel, fickle creatures they were -- the moment passes quickly, but a shadow of the boy he could have been still lingers in the way he shifts forward, his seaglass eyes bright against the pale of his face.

“I need you to smuggle me into Solterra.” It’s risky, even asking Toro for such a delicate matter -- but he trusts the stallion, possibly far more than he really should, but he lays his cards on the table and hopes that his trust is not misplaced. Once upon a time, he might have simply tried to sneak in -- but that was a time when he still had his magic, and before Raum had supposedly closed off the Oasis and posted guards to the major entrances of the Day Court.

"Can you do that for me?"

credits

@El Toro

you were only a boy,

OH, TO BE HERE ON THE GROUND

Toro looks away from that smile, it’s too much, really, so silly and juvenile and honest. Toro was undeserving of that kind of thing, Anzhelo too free with it, he decided. ”I need you to smuggle me into Solterra. Can you do that for me?” 
Toro’s breath hitches at the question. ”What?” What in the worlds could Anzhelo need to do in that hellhole? It was a sinking sand pit, alright, and the last thing anybody ought to do was go in there if they weren’t getting accustomed to the…the…hunger. The horrors. All of it. It was getting worse and it was no place for Anzhelo, absolutely not. ”Why do you want to go there? It’s not good, Anzhelo…”

@Anzhelo
"What I say,"

What I think,

CREDITS