Hello, Guest!
or Register

Updates  - Exemption Appeal

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 20 — Threads: 11
Signos: 637,583
Official Novus Account

Exemption Appeal

Were you on a site that suddenly closed down and left your developed characters homeless? Wanting to join a character younger than 2? Or are you looking to join a pair of twins together, or otherwise seek to waive the 2 week joining rule? Here at Novus, we want to try and help accommodate you as much as possible! If approved, this will grant a one time exemption to the characters the appeal pertains to.

Please fill this out before you put in a character application!

Acceptable uses for this appeal system:
  • Transferring off-site character pregnancies without having to go through Novus' breeding system.
  • Gaining exemptions for the "2 week between characters" rule for foals played by one of the parents' players.
  • Gaining exemptions for the "2 week between characters" to join twins together.
  • Gaining exemptions for the age requirement for characters born on a previous site.
  • Additional exemptions may apply per staff discretion.

We cannot:
  • Provide exemptions if you decide to leave a functioning site of your own volition.
  • Transfer over the following:
    • Magic, other than the standard Lesser Telekinesis that all Novus' inhabitants are blessed with.
    • Outfits, armor, or more than the 3 "free" small accessories.
    • Any type of bonded or companions.

Appeal Form
Respond to this thread with the following form filled out. Be as thorough as possible, please! 
Staff will contact you personally about the situation, either prior to or after the form submission.

If more than one user/character is involved, BOTH parties must post separate forms.

Code:
<blockquote>
<span class="officialheader">Exemption Appeal</span>

<b>Name:</b> YOUR OOC NAME ON NOVUS
<b>Character:</b> WHICH OF *YOUR* NOVUS CHARACTER ACCOUNTS IS THIS AFFECTING/ABOUT
<b>Requesting Exemption for:</b> EXPLAIN EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE REQUESTING BE EXEMPT

<b>Type of Hardship:</b> SITE CLOSING OR UNDERGOING UNEXPECTED HIATUS? TWIN CHARACTERS? SOMETHING ELSE?
<b>Proof of Hardship:</b> PROOF OF THE HARDSHIP - IN THE CASE OF A CLOSING SITE, IDEALLY A SCREENSHOT OF THE CLOSING OR HIATUS ANNOUNCEMENT
<b>Reasoning for an Exemption:</b> WHY DO YOU WANT YOUR REQUEST GRANTED?

If coming from a preexisting site, please answer the following:
<b>Your Account(s):</b> ON THE PREVIOUS SITE, WHAT WAS YOUR OOC & IC ACCOUNT NAMES?
<b>Proof of Plot:</b> LINKS TO THREADS OF PLOTS, BREEDING ROLLS/ETC. IF YOU CANNOT OBTAIN THEM, SEE BELOW
<b>Proof of Rules:</b> PROVIDE PROOF OF THE PREVIOUS SITE'S RULES (OR ABSENCE OF) IN REGARDS TO YOUR EXEMPTION REQUEST
<b>Point of Contact:</b> IN THE EVENT YOU CANNOT ACCESS THE SITE'S CONTENTS, GIVE US THE CONTACT INFORMATION OF AN ADMIN/STAFF

<b>Notes:</b> ANYTHING ELSE YOU THINK WE NEED TO KNOW - IF THERE'S OTHER DETAILS ABOUT THE SITUATION, PLEASE EXPLAIN HERE

~~~
</blockquote>

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 2 — Threads: 0
Signos: 3,011

Exemption Appeal

Name: @Sparrow
Character: @Ard and @Erd
Type of Hardship: Twin Characters
Proof of Hardship: As they both are coming to Novus via a magical portal, created with pieces and aspects of one another’s magic, I would like to join them both at the same time. (Not to mention their incredibly unhealthy codependency -coughs-)
Reasoning for an Exemption: To join a set of twins without the 2-week wait period.

Your Account(s): N/A
Proof of Plot: N/A
Proof of Rules: N/A
Point of Contact: N/A

Notes: I’m a derp and forgot to post this. Oopsies. XD If there’s any concerns or questions let me know!
~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Ard / @Erd - Your exemption appeal is approved! You may skip the 2 week wait in between joining characters for these two.
This was reposted by @sid on behalf of @Sparrow when the Exemption Appeal thread was tidied up. Original form posted: 05/17/18

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 4 — Threads: 0
Signos: 555
Inactive Character

Exemption Appeal

Name: Dingo
Character: @Lieve'tel
Requesting Exemption for: I would like to bring Lieve'tel in at the age of 7 months - the reason being, I've been trying to bring this character in for some time but have had a poor time trying to find parents for her. Now, I would like to bring her in as Vikander's long-dead daughter that he plans to raise once he has his magic.

Type of Hardship: Bringing in a character at seven months rather than two years old
Proof of Hardship: n/a
Reasoning for an Exemption: I've been trying to bring her in as a foal through other means for a couple months now and have failed to find a way. I prefer to start characters at a young age so that their personalities and histories can be molded more naturally.

Your Account(s): n/a
Proof of Plot: n/a
Proof of Rules: n/a
Point of Contact: n/a

Notes: I don't think so! <3

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Dingo / @Lieve'tel - Your exemption appeal is approved! Lieve'tel is exempt from Novus' age requirement and may be joined at the age of 7 months.

Played by Offline star [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 550
OOC Account

Exemption Appeal

Name: star
Character: @Roselin
Requesting Exemption for: Character to be joined at a similar age of the character @Elliana to be 'fostered' and raised by her aunt @Elena.

Type of Hardship: Character is probably between the age of 1-2 years.
Reasoning for an Exemption: Sam and I have the beginnings of a plot going! Our characters have played together on various sites over the years and have a backstory that we are looking to continue here on Novus.

Your Account(s): star
Point of Contact: if needed, please dm me! 
Notes: if it's needed, original stat roll for Roselin can be found here.

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@star / @Roselin - Your exemption appeal is approved!Roselin is exempt from Novus' age requirement and may be joined younger than 2.

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 230
OOC Account

Exemption Appeal

Name: Chaosy
Character: @Rhysand and @Grisha
Requesting Exemption for: Joining a set of twins without 2 week wait
Type of Hardship: Twin characters - I would ideally like to have them join together as a result of Rhys taking Grisha away from their home to protect her.
Reasoning for an Exemption: I want to be able to play them as escaping from their original home to come to a place where they can be themselves.

Your Account(s): n/a
Point of Contact: n/a

Notes: I cannot think of anything, but please feel free to message me if there are any questions/issues <3

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Rhysand and @Grisha - Your exemption appeal is approved! You may skip the 2 week wait in between joining characters for these two.