Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - winter solstice

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

The crisp scent of winter clung to the air as Corrdelia woke from her slumber. Autumn did not stay long, although it usually never did. Leaves changed in a blink of an eye and the trees shed with the blustering wind. The earth crawled into its den to hibernate for the season, but this would not be the case for Corr. It was very tempting to give in, stay inside where it was warm and sleep until the world came alive again.

Within her cluttered home were bottles and bottles of stored herbs and elixirs. She stared at them now, organizing some that had fallen over and eyeing the stock to see if she had missed gathering anything she might need. Her time was nearly out to grab anything else, but she may get lucky and not everything would've been ruined from the first frost. Thankfully it looked like all the important herbs were all set, although she noticed she could always use some more lavender.

A caw echoed off the walls as her crow familiar flew in from the roof. There was a hole just small enough for the bird to come in without anything else getting into Corr's home. Hāsta came down and landed on her perch that stuck out from one of the ceiling beams, eyeing Corrdelia as usual.

"Did you find anything interesting?" she asked, not taking her eyes off of her task.
"Well, I saw a bunny get taken out by a hawk, but that was about it.""
"Poor dear. Were you able to find something for yourself to eat?"
"A little, but the pickings are slim this time of year… I hate winter."
"For the record, you hate everything," Corr replied with a laugh, then gestured towards the counter in the kitchen. "I thought you might get unlucky, so I put together some stuff for you. It's over there."

Without another word, the crow flew over to the pile of dried fruit and nuts. It was her own version of "trail mix" that she kept in stock often enough just in case her friend got hungry. Although Hāsta rarely said thank you, she knew the bird appreciated it.

When Corr was satisfied that everything was in order, she turned back around and decided it was time to tidy up her crystals. It was always important for her to make sure everything was in order to keep the aura of the room clear. Also, disorganized crystals made for not so great energy during readings. She didn't get very far before she heard a knock on the door. Her gray ears twitched and she looked up, trying to see who they were from the window. However, it was just a bit too dark to make out a form.

"Come in, the door is open!" she called to the stranger.

Curiosity stirred within her as she wondered who that might be. Hopefully, it'd be a potential customer. It had been a little while since she had tapped into her psychic abilities for someone else and she was itching to do it again.

(Corr's house description for reference)
@Juniper

"Speaking"
credits

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 48 — Threads: 12
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

These swamps are her home, things she knows beter than she knows her name some days. The wind guides her further and further from the den of priestesses that were curled about her just hours earlier. Their body heat has barely left her lilac scented skin, but the breeze and the trees purify all that dare travel through them faster than a speeding bullet, reaching speeds that could (would) kill her if she were ever hit anything.

The Pegasus girl swoops down like a hawk, like an eagle, like a falcon. A gleeful cry ripped from her lips as tears are pulled from green, green, endless green eyes that glimmer and shine and laugh and dance. There is a freedom in her flight, something to be longed for as all her earthly attachments are severed. Only the trees and the breeze lord over the pale girl, the goddess girl, as she dances high in the sky with only her purple shimmering robes to whip about her. They look more a scarf now, strewn over her neck and throat and dancing behind and between every beat of her wings.

She is a goddess girl, a free girl, and perhaps Hāsta would have seen her land had she stayed out a moment longer. Alas, the bird did not, and so there are no witnesses save for the snow studded sky high above the boughs to watch as those curious eyes alight on the cabin in the woods.

Juniper knows she's scoured so much of this swamp and yet there is still more to discover. Today, it is a new quadrant, a new adventure that sings in her blood. And it brought her to the door, past the chimes, through the woods into the cottage of the witchy woman, the silver woman, the smoke woman.

There is a wicked delight still warm in those green, green, emerald green eyes. She can still feel her sister's skins flush against her own, their hearts an echoing of her wings in the skies moments before. Adrenaline pulses like a living thing, a breathing thing, as the almost-goddess, the unearthly ephemeral and eternal girl takes in the woman of smoke and her companion eating merrily to the side. Crystals glitter and wink at her, she's almost tempted to wink back. Herbs and grasses and so many sights assault her senses and how Juniper loves being overwhelmed.

She sighs, she smiles, and she slinks across the floor into Corrdelia's orbit until she can almost reach out to touch her wings and feathers. They are black like sin, black like the tear-trains running down her own face, black like the crevices where secret rendezvous are set up through whispers in the dark. Juniper grins like a thief ready to steal the stars from the sky and plant them in the other's skin one by one. "Do you have any tea to start off with?" she asks instead of the million questions burning her tongue. For there is a curiosity thrumming through her skin, its nearly electric the way it hums and seeks to devour her.

Instead, she raises a brow and turns to the shelves, to the crystals, to the crow. "It smells like magic here, are you a magic woman." And she circles back like a girl with a door opening before her, a door she knew was always there and always wished to enter through. She does not hesitate, she wears no shame when that soft, silky voice made of prayers and sins and sermons slips past teeth so pearly white you'd question what (or who) she eats when no one is watching.

"Speaking."
credits @Corrdelia

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

The door opened to reveal a woman in white with a sweeping long mane. Her smile lit up the room and Corr returned it, taking a moment to stop cleaning.

"Oh hello, my dear! Welcome, welcome!" she greeted excitedly and came over to stand next to the mare who then asked for tea. "I'm so glad you asked! I have many kinds of teas. I have teas that will soothe your soul or wake up the mind - your choice!"

She shuffled over to her collection of herbs and her eyes scanned all of the labels - lavender, chamomile, peppermint, nettle, and more. "Something tells me you would like lavender, am I correct?" Corr asked, looking back at the mare and taking the jar of lavender out of the cabinet. Just in case she said yes, she left the jar on the counter to come back to later. For now, she would get the hot water ready in the pot by the fireplace.

"It smells like magic in here, are you a magic woman?" The other woman asked and Corr was delighted by the question.

"Why, yes I am! Many call me the master of my craft and a real psychic expert."

"No one calls you that," Hāsta chimed in using her telepathy to Corr. The crow flew closer to the mares and looked on inquisitively at the stranger.

"Oh, hush you old bird! Those are my true titles," Corr snapped back at the crow, rolling her eyes. Turning back to the white mare, she laughed. "Don't mind her, she doesn't know what she's talking about! My name is Corrdelia Maude, this is my companion, Hāsta. What's your name?"

Suddenly, there was a high pitched whistling noise and Corr rushed over to take the pot off the stove. Glancing at the cards laid neatly on the table, her eyes widened with excitement as she walked back over. "Say, would you like a reading, dear? I can do different kinds… I can take a look into your future or seek a message from your animal spirit guides."

It had been so long since she had done a reading for someone and she was just itching to tap back into the spirit world. There was something about this woman that Corr liked and she had a feeling that she would agree to the reading. At least, she could hope.

@Juniper whoops Corr is a bit over-excited xD

"Speaking"
credits