Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i will always love you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

She stands in the middle of the lake, her eyes looking at the mountains that surround them. The snow offers a white blanket of beauty all around them. Despite the frigid temperatures, she cannot help but see the beauty that’s all around her. There’s a sense of peace that washes over her. Despite everything that has happened in Novus as of late, she can still find peace and comfort in something as simple as a snow-covered lake. And as she stands on the frozen water, she sighs in absolute contentment.

The fire beside her crackles as the sun begins to rise. She had come out here last night to spend some solitude thinking about what she needed to do in order to get Isra back. She had told Metaphor where she would be going via a note written in the sand of their humble home. Finnick refused to let her go alone, so the bird had been keeping a watchful eye over her all night. As the sun began to rise, she send him on a hunt. After all, he needed to eat to keep up his strength. After all, he was still healing.

She hears Metaphor before he speaks, the way his feet crunch the snow. She recognizes the way his pace is slow and deliberate, the way he breathes in the cool morning air. The only thing that tells him that she knows he’s there is the way her ears follow the sound of his approach.

And as he comes closer to her small little campsite, she turns her body to greet him fully. She steps closer to him, her head wrapping around his own in a loving embrace. “Good morning. I did not mean to leave you and make you worry.” She had just needed time to think and reflect. “I just needed some time to think.” To think about what was to happen in order to find Isra, what to do about Raum, and what she wanted out of her relationship with Metaphor. So many things were on her mind, so many things that distracted her form the task at hand. Although her love for the sorrel next to her was strong and it made her feel alive, it cluttered her thoughts. As a warrior, it was dangerous to love someone as fiercely as she loved Metaphor. And yet, she was not willing to let those feelings go away.

@Metaphor

Played by Offline Firefly [PM] Posts: 31 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Deceased Character

metaphor

He comes to her with the sun, when golden sheaves of light fall across the untouched snow like a goddess’ kiss.  In the sunlight, his coat seems to almost glow with shades of gold and red, beautiful as a new copper penny.  Even Maaemo’s mark upon his shoulder seems to take on a different sort of texture when the sunlight touches it, shimmering like a fish scale in the morning light, appearing gold or green, depending on which direction you were to see it from.

There is certainly a peace to the morning, and he almost regrets stepping in the fresh snow and leaving a trail behind him.  But he follows an invisible thread, drawn toward his lover by the unbreakable bond between them even as he spots her in the distance.  For a moment, he has to stop and watch her, struck by the beauty of her warrior frame against the stark white and blue landscape.  Love blooms in his chest as he takes in the scene, drawing the cold winter air into his lungs with a quiet smile before he continues toward her, snow crumbling softly under his feet.

Good morning, no need to apologize… I don’t worry.  You know how to take care of yourself.  Still, he has to wonder if they all should worry a bit more, with the chaos of Novus hitting closer and closer to home.  Banishing the thoughts, he rests his forehead against the warmth of her neck, drawing in the scent of her.  Did the peace of the morning help?  

He knew she was restless of late, and could not blame her for needing fresh air.  All of them needed time to regroup and strategize about what came next, lest mornings like this became fewer and further between with the peace of Denocte shattered.  He does not question her further, simply giving her support rather than giving into his own curiosity, as was his way.  Looking about, he notes that her companion appears absent, and wonders quietly, Where has Finnick gone?  Is his wing healing better?  

“Speaking.”
credits

@Katniss - I know I've said this, but that picture is amazing!

m e t a p h o r

Inactive Character

Even though she knew that he was well aware that she could take care of herself, she still felt the need to apologize for just slipping away. No longer was she a single woman with no one who worried about her. Metaphor was her better half and he deserved to know where she was. She didn’t have to tell him, but she wanted to. This particular morning, she just had a lot on her mind and she needed some fresh air and time to think. The frozen lake had offered that for her, at least a little bit.

He asked if the peace of the morning had helped her think and she nodded her head as she leaned into his tender caress. “It offered some help, but I’m afraid I need far more confidence in myself than I can muster.” Confidence to find a way to bring Isra home. Confidence to be the battle champion Isra wanted her to be. Confidence to ask Metaphor for the chance to be a mother again. So many things she felt as if she wasn’t ready for. But if she truly weren’t ready, then she would not be standing here in this predicament. Isra would have never given her a job that she did not think she could handle.

For the moment, she took in the feeling of him leaning against her neck. She heaved a heavy sigh of contentment. She wished she could capture this moment and hold it dear to her forever. It was as if she wanted to take a picture of this moment and carry it wound with her so she could relive it over and over again. She would not lose Metaphor again, she couldn’t. Her heart would not be able to take such a loss ever again.

It was the question about Finnick that brought her thoughts back to reality. She smiled as she looked down at Metaphor. “He’s doing much better thanks to you.” She looks around her. She can feel the pull of Finnick and knows that he is close, although she cannot see him. “He felt well enough to stretch his wings, so he’s out hunting. He’s close, I can feel him.” He was probably enjoying a breakfast of mouse or small bird. Anything was better than the grass and fruits that she and Metaphor seemed to enjoy.

She is quiet for a moment  as she looks out over the lake, taking in the peace and serenity it seems to offer. She gathers her thoughts for a moment before she looked to Metaphor. “I got a letter from Isra attached to the leg of a sparrow made of smoke. She has made me champion of battle…and asks that I gather the army and train them. She wants me to protect those that live here while she protects us all from Raum.” Katniss had known that Isra was considering her for a promotion, so it should not have come as a surprise that it was now that she was called upon. But still, the news had been shocking. Katniss was just happy to know that Isra was alive. That was all that mattered.

@Metaphor - and I love this picture too!

Deceased Character

There is a peace that comes with the stillness as he stands with his lover, heart to heart, his head against the warmth of her nape.  If he could, Metaphor would stay here with her forever, drowning in her scent and basking in the glow of their love.  Here by her side, he could almost forget all that had come to pass… but reality had a way of fighting its way through the peace, shattering all illusions of serenity.  Still, he didn’t have to face the future alone – neither of them did.  Together, they would be stronger… both together as a couple, and together as a nation.  Duty had a way of drawing the best out of people, and Metaphor would be no exception, when Isra came to call.

When she mentions that Finnick is well, he cannot help but smile, glad to have brought a sense of peace to the bird with the broken wing.  Seeing the falcon fly once more would be such a delight, for he too knew the power of freedom, and felt a sense of pride in helping Katniss’ companion gain flight and independence once again. 

As a quiet stillness falls between them, Metaphors’s brow creases in worry – but just as quickly as he had allowed himself to think the worst, a smile replaces the sensation.  How wonderful!  Isra must think very highly of you to grant such an honor.  He echoed the sentiment with a nudge of reassurance, his smile soft and genuine as his warm chocolate eyes find hers.  You seem worried… I know you’re up for the task. 

He does not mention Raum, nor the building resistance in the Day Court.  They didn’t need any more mention, for the implication of his horrific acts hung like a dark cloud of Denocte these days – and everyone was speaking his name with a whisper of fear and trepidation.  Still, if anyone was up for the job, he knew that Katniss would rise to the occasion – that she would be the one to lead Denocte’s army to victory against the resistance.  I will fight beside you – for you… and for Denocte – if you should ask it of me.

Metaphor
medic of the night court

dante & taya.

m e t a p h o r

Inactive Character

There were so many things that were running through her head. With a new title came new responsibilities. She would be expected to lead Denocte into battle, to be a leader for those that needed direction. She would be responsible for bringing Raum to justice. She had met the stallion only once, and he had always made her feel uneasy. She knew it would be a difficult task to complete, but she knew that all would be well. She knew that if she just put in the time and dedication, then anything she set her mind to was possible.

Leaning into Metaphor for comfort, she takes in his words of encouragement and manages to smile at him. “She must…I can only hope I can meet her expectations of me.” Katniss only worried that she would not be the soldier that Isra, that Denocte, needed her to be. There was such a large margin for error that Katniss felt as though she might fail her queen and her court.

But then Metaphor is saying that he will fight alongside her and Denocte if she were to ask it of him. She smiles at him as she turns to lap affectionately at his mane. “I need you to be here when the soldiers come back needing tending to. You have a skill set I only wish I could possess.” Just as much as Night Court needed soldiers with brute strength to fight, they also needed medics to remain at home to help mend the wounds the soldiers came home with. His job was just as important as her own, even if he stayed on Night Court soil.

There is a silence that seems to take over them, a stillness that seems to ease her worries. She sighs, taking comfort in Metaphor’s presence beside her. She looks down at the snow at her feet, wishing that the snow would melt away the fears that the citizens of Night Court had and replace them with blossoms of hope for the future. “Spring is coming. Perhaps there will be new life in Denocte that you can protect.” Children were often born in the spring, children of Denocte citizens and children of the fauna that called this place home. New life was crucial to the ongoing support of Denocte. A new generation would be born with clean slates to mold into beautiful minds. Metaphor would be good at that job. The more she thought about it, the more she began to realize that Metaphor would be a good father.

@Metaphor

Deceased Character

He knew she would be an able and welcome leader for Denocte, even if she didn’t see it in herself.  If Katniss had one fault, it was self-doubt.  She would rise to the occasion, heeding the call of those who cried for help, just as she had so many times before.  Though he hadn’t met Isra, he knew enough to respect her already, for recognizing Katniss’ prowess and utility for Denocte.  Though their nation was broken now and without direction, his lover knew better than anyone how to lead, and she would easily be able to rally them around a cause.  Already, so many were itching to fight back, it was just a matter of providing a strategic direction.

As she reminds him once more that his place off of the battlefield was just as needed, Metaphor nods, understanding the wisdom in her words.  I should hope that my services would not be needed… but it is naïve to think that no one will be harmed in such events.  I would ask you to be careful, but I know you will.  Finnick will be of assistance too – your eyes from the sky.  He took comfort in knowing the eagle could be with Katniss while he might not be, knowing that they could look out for one another.

Still, it was only natural for him to worry.  As the chestnut stallion looked over the land which had quickly become home, he shivers in the stillness of winter – wondering – worrying about what came next.  Surely, the war would take a toll on all of them, and while they would prepare and be ready as they could be, their fight would not be without its casualties.  With more than just pride at stake, he knew that the fight was inevitable and justified, but his desire for peace would still be an unrealized goal for the future.

She mentions the children, and a whimsical sort of smile crosses his face, as he thinks of his mother Fera.  Long ago, she had taken in all of the lost and orphaned foals, and he’d been raised alongside two foster sisters.  It was in his blood, you could say, to care for the innocent.  He thought too of Creeper, and a quick tinge of sadness washed over him along with guilt, as he wonders where she might have gone.  Still, it would be nice to care for children once more.

Reaching out to lip at her mane, he wonders if the two of them might have children of their own someday… but as was his way, the stallion is quiet on the matter, simply responding to her suggestion with a quiet, I’d like that…  It would be best for all of them to dwell on happier futures, and here with his queen by his side in the stillness of morning, Metaphor can do just that.

Metaphor
medic of the night court
dante & taya.

@Katniss – I dropped most of my chars so I can focus on keeping Metaphor and Pan active – will try to be better about posting quicker.  Definitely interested in keeping their arc going.

m e t a p h o r

Inactive Character

Katniss wished that the mission she was about to set out on would not cause harm to herself, Isra, or the other members of Night Court. And yet, she knew that was a naïve thought. In war there are casualties. Lives would be lost and others changed for good. She wished she could prevent all of that, but there was no way to. She couldn’t protect everyone, no matter how hard she might try. “There will always be casualties of war. I can only hope to prevent many of them.” She just hoped for Metaphor’s sake, she wasn’t one of those that would be lost. Finnick would surely die and a part of Metaphor would die as well.

She tries to lighten the mood, to talk of spring and new life. Denocte would be full of new life when the snow began to melt. Foals to play alongside their mothers, fawns hiding out in the tall grasses, and baby birds chirping in their nest calling out for their breakfast. It was a pleasant thought, one that warmed the put of her stomach.

She looked to Metaphor, knowing that he would make a great father, if not for her own children, then as a father figure for others. Perhaps if things did not work out between them (though she was hopeful her love for Metaphor would last and was reciprocated), then he would have foals of his own with someone else. He deserved to be happy in that sense. He deserved so much.

She can feel the lap of his lips against her mane and she sighs contently. She presses her body against his own, leaning against him to nuzzle against his nape. She is not sure if she will be a good mother. After all, she does not have a good mothering history. But the way he tells her that he’d like to protect new life, it makes her wonder if she should just try. She had been so scared to be a mother after what had happened with her twins. But perhaps she just needed to take the plunge. “Can you see yourself as a true father?” Not the sort of father that watched over someone elses’ foals, but the sort of father that watched over and protected his own foals. Could he see that sort of life with her? Even after knowing what she had done to her daughters?

@Metaphor

Deceased Character

Metaphor wanted nothing more in life than to be a father.  For so long, he’d wondered if anyone could love him – after his love had been shunned by the girl he’d so brazenly pined for in his youth.  For many years, he’d punished himself for his shortcomings, and had grown to be stronger because of it.  In some way, it was the same with Katniss.  She had shielded her own heart, not wanting to trust another in the world – but in each other, they had found a second chance.  He wanted his redemption to come full circle with Katniss, hope blossoming in his chest at the thought of new life… of their children, coming into this world.

I can, with you.  His voice is quiet and sincere as his breath warms against her nape.  Chocolate eyes find hers and hold, wanting the fairytale to blossom, wanting them to have a happy ending.  I know you’ll make an amazing mother.  Nevermind what had come before.  They were both older now, wiser, and in a position to love and cherish their children together.  The timing was right, and that was enough.  Despite the chaos of the world around them, their family could be a rock to hold onto.

Just say the word, my love.  His voice holds a promise to love no other, and a yearning to meet the life they would create together.  All she had to do was take the leap, to reach out and seize her heart’s desire, and their lives would change forever..

Metaphor
medic of the night court
dante & taya.

@Katniss

m e t a p h o r

Inactive Character

She wonders if he’s ever wanted to be a father, if he’s thought about that path for himself. It’s something they had never explicitly talked about, but the topic had not gone untouched. Katniss had been very open with him about her first attempt at motherhood and how horribly wrong it had gone. She had told him her fears and regrets, but never had it occurred to her that he might want that life. If they were going to be a couple long term, the topic of children most certainly needed to come up. Katniss had seen where this issue could tear couples apart when one wanted children and the other did not. She was nervous, unsure if she would ever truly be ready for children.

His answer was swift and sudden. He saw himself as a father…to her children. The implication was there, and it terrified her. He wanted fatherhood, but with her. Would she be ready? She was so very unsure. He seemed to know that she was scared and unsure, his words of confident drawing a soft smile on her lips.

Metaphor thought that she would make a good mother, despite what history told him. She had been the opposite of a good mother and yet he still felt as though she could do it. It meant a lot to her that he held such confidence in her abilities. It would take time for her to be ready, but if he would give her time, he would be rewarded. “Give me time, Metpahor.” It was a not a yes or a no, but a question filled with hope. If he would give her time, she would reward him.

With thoughts heavy on her heart, Katniss turned away from him and left him alone on the lake. She needed some fresh air and time. She had so much to think about.

@Metaphor - her closer <3