Novus
Hello, Guest! Register

OOC  - Year 503 Winter - Spotlight Announcements!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline sid [PM] Posts: 59 — Threads: 4
Signos: 5,655
Administrator

SPOTLIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS!
All prizes have been distributed!

Congratulate @Muirgen winning Member of the Season!

From her seriously sunny demeanor to her hilarious Novus character doodles, Muirgen is a wonderfully positive force of Novus! Even though she's recently been travelling, she's still a constant face around the community. Like all of our wonderful members, Novus would not be the same without her ♥

Congratulate @Maerys on winning Character of the Season!

Maerys is a new face to the world of Novus, but that doesn't mean she hasn't already made an impact and explored so much. Kealie has a beautiful eloquence in her writing and it shines wonderfully through Maerys, who dutifully looks for the positive even in the tough times that have befallen Novus.

Congratulate @Boudika on winning Quote of the Season!

From THANK YOU KINDLY, WOLF — "Other concerns did not appeal to her: she did not stop to consider that this was no longer her obligation, she was a dancer, a mere dancer, she ought to have paused to still the flames, to calm the children, but tragedy had struck.

And what did a warrior do, besides act? What language did she speak, besides tragedy?"

Boudika came in like a tornado in this thread! While unable to prevent the tragedy as the Court's grain stash went up in flames (no one would have been able to prevent it), she was quick to react and apprehend one of the criminals involved. The last line of this quote was especially chilling in all the best ways.

Congratulate @Israfel and @Ulric on winning Pair of the Season!

These two are an amazing duo - equally strong and powerful, a dedicated two who will make wonderful parents to a guaranteed-to-be-feisty little @Charlotte! We look forward to seeing their relationship continue to blossom and to see the path they forge for their new family.

Congratulate @Llewelyn and @Mateo on "Perish the Thought" winning Thread of the Season!

Even in the particularly negative times that have befallen Novus, it's a breath of fresh air to see that there is still some sense of semi-normalcy to some residents of Novus. As RB said, it's especially nice to see the effect of and opinion on politics from an outside point of view!

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59P EST ON 05/31/19!
Spotlight Nominations for Year 503 Winter are now open! We're looking at YOU guys to give us the nominations on who you think would be the best for the following categories:

CHARACTER of the Season
Seraphina, who won Character OTS for 503 Fall, is not available for nomination!

Current nominations: 
@Meridoc
@Boudika
@El Rey
@Aghavni
@Maerys
@Septimus

PAIR of the Season
Moira&Asterion, who won Pair OTS for 503 Fall, cannot be nominated!

Current nominations:
@Seraphina & @Caine
@Teiran & @Mathias
@Aion & @Eros
@Israfel & @Ulric

THREAD of the Season

Thread must have been made or posted in during Winter (04/01-05/31)!

Current nominations: 
blackest hunger
perish the thought
many-faced magic

MEMBER of the Season
E-cho, who won Player OTS for 503 Fall, isn't available for nomination!

Current nominations:
@redandblack
@Eris
@Muirgen

QUOTE of the Season

Quote must come from a post made during Winter (04/01-05/31)!

Current nominations include...

“It sounds like an accusation, like the crack of a gavel passing judgement, like the silent, poignant pointing of a finger. It sounds like familiarity."
- @Teiran in torment

“Other concerns did not appeal to her: she did not stop to consider that this was no longer her obligation, she was a dancer, a mere dancer, she ought to have paused to still the flames, to calm the children, but tragedy had struck.

And what did a warrior do, besides act? What language did she speak, besides tragedy? “
- @Boudika in thank you kindly, wolf

“Mistakes are lessons that can haunt us for the remainder of our lives if we so choose, but we cannot let them define us. Like stones we can hold them and build with them, forming a new life, learning from our previous transgressions" 
- @Somnus in a violet’s fragrance

"She's a steeple with no foundation, an altar with no religion, a ship trapped in a sand dune. She is a hundred different things that do not make sense anymore, nothing does."
- @Isra in sculptures of open-armed sadness

• Winners will receive 100 signos and be highlighted in our Spotlight section!

• The (first) person to nominate a Spotlight winner will also receive 100 signos!

• Post the below form in a reply to this thread, or message staff directly if you'd like to stay anonymous.

• You may nominate for 1, 2, 3, or all categories - and may make multiple nominations per category!

• You can nominate those already listed under current nominations, but be aware that multiple votes won't increase their chances of winning! Please try and suggest someone different, if you're able to!

• We know it's tempting (and many of you deserve the recognition!), but please don't nominate yourself!

• Players/Characters who won the Year 503 Fall Spotlights cannot be nominated this time around. This doesn't apply to those who were nominated last time but not chosen. They may be nominated again!

Code:
<blockquote><blockquote>
<div class="tcat"><font style="font-size:20px; font-weight:bold;">Spotlight Nomination!</font></div>

<b>Which OTS</b>: CHARACTER, PAIR, THREAD, OR MEMBER OF THE SEASON
<b>Show us</b>: <a href="">LINK</a> TO THE CHARACTER(s), THREAD, OR MEMBER
<b>Reason:</b> TELL US WHY YOU CHOSE WHO/WHAT YOU CHOSE!

</blockquote></blockquote>

Staff will make the final vote and decide which of the nominees for each category is the best fit!

Played by Offline bruiser [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 300
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Thread
Show us: blackest hunger with @Juniper @El Rey
Reason: All the compliments! no, but really, Jun and Rey are actually really cute here

Which OTS: Quote
Show us: Torment from @Teiran
It sounds like an accusation, like the crack of a gavel passing judgement, like the silent, poignant pointing of a finger. It sounds like familiarity. 
Reason: These are some damn nice words in a thread full of very nice Teiran words.

Which OTS: Pair
Show us: @Seraphina @Caine
Reason: Have you seen their threads together? Even if it's not a romance thing, Caine and Sera make a fantastic pair

Which OTS: Character
Show us: @Meridoc
Reason: he's great and i love him. theo still wants to know where he found a freakin chimera. whatta grumpdaddy.

Which OTS: Member
Show us: @redandblack
Reason: because they're great???? and all of their characters are fantastic???? and they're kind and witty and awesome?????

Played by Offline redandblack [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 750
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: perish the thought 
Reason: eris and rae’s writing just meshes so well together, and in a season full of drama, it’s nice to read something less intense in between (and hear them address politics with an outside p.o.v)!

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: “Other concerns did not appeal to her: she did not stop to consider that this was no longer her obligation, she was a dancer, a mere dancer, she ought to have paused to still the flames, to calm the children, but tragedy had struck.

And what did a warrior do, besides act? What language did she speak, besides tragedy? “
thank you kindly, wolf 
Reason: I looooove love love Boudika and Syndicate’s writing and I think this quote perfectly represents how Boudika is still caught between her past and present/future!!

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: @Eris
Reason: I just love this girl and I’m so glad she’s back with us!! She is such a positive force and spectacular writer <3

Played by Offline griffin [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 4,875
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: CHARACTER
Show us: @Boudika
Reason: Ah, shall I say it's because all of her posts are so lovely, so detailed, so immersive to read while also giving me such a good sense of her character and an intriguing look at her past? Every thread of hers makes me want to know more about her and the world she came from; it feels so clearly realized. Though new this season, Boudika has been such an active part of Night Court and exploring Denocte through her posts makes me love it even more.

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 3,210
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: "Mistakes are lessons that can haunt us for the remainder of our lives if we so choose, but we cannot let them define us. Like stones we can hold them and build with them, forming a new life, learning from our previous transgressions"
[email protected]Somnus in A Violet's Fragrance
Reason: It's just... so #Somnus. Wise and eloquent and perfect <3

Show us: @Teiran and @Mathias
Reason: These two! First of all I would love to see more of them in general. Together they are very compelling to me... Mattie is so troubled and self-destructive and Tei is an excellent counterbalance to that with her absolutely SOLID consistency. From this season I think they only had two threads together: 1 and 2

Show us: @Eros and @Aion
Reason: Reading these two always makes me feel happy and giddy and warm <3 and check out that engagement thread!!

Show us: @El Rey
Reason: El Rey is fascinating and dark and wonderful. I want to give him a hug, but I am also afraid of him. (I also think every thread he's in is worthy of an OTS nomination, but I didn't want to be *that* person who nominated them all.)

I will likely be back for thread OTS at a later time <3 there are too many good ones to choose between!

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 4,670
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: @Aghavni
Reason: I love Aghavni. She is beautiful and fierce and not to mention runs a whole business (did I mention she's only 3 years old too?). I love her story of being in hiding/disguise and all the little details of her involvement in the world of the Scarab, and I want all my characters to meet her.

Show us: @Maerys
Reason: Maerys is new to Novus but she's already quite involved around the world. I adore the way that Kealie writes her, she's curious and eloquent and brave, and it's easy to forget that she is one of the younger characters on site because of it. I can't wait to follow her development (and hopefully thread with her soon).

Show us: @Septimus
Reason: Septimus; my adopted son and the newest of Novus' most eligible bachelors (for good reason!). I enjoy all of his posts, and he's my perfect type. Witty, smart, good-looking, but layered and more than he appears on the surface.

Show us: @Israfel and @Ulric
Reason: Okay so maybe I'm a bit biased because they are my soon-to-be parents, but Israfel and Ulric, I feel, are a surprising and sort of refreshing couple. Not sugar-sweet, both strong, both workaholic types, both Wardens. They make a powerful pair, and Israfel's flirtatious antics matched with Ulric's serious sense makes their threads interesting to read.

Show us: Many-Faced Magic with @Elchanan and @Septimus
Reason: FLIRTY BOYS ALERT! This thread is a riot to read in the best way. Elchanan and Septimus are both really great characters, and them together is pure gold. Plus, I love the sides of them that you get to read in this thread.

Show us: "She's a steeple with no foundation, an altar with no religion, a ship trapped in a sand dune. She is a hundred different things that do not make sense anymore, nothing does." by @Isra in Sculptures of Open-Armed Sadness
Reason: There's something really poignant about this quote, especially considering all of the things that Isra has gone through and will continue to go through. Reading this line in the context of her post, this thread, and all that is happening, reads hollow, painful and searching. And poetically beautiful.

Show us: @Muirgen
Reason: Muirgen is a constant and friendly face, and let's face it, her comics of our characters are so spot on it's like she writes the characters herself. Muir writes and comes up with really unique and compelling characters (cow fam, anyone?), and I think she is well deserving of this spotlight!

[Image: cal_sprite_by_high_horizon_da9j6fc_by_no...c2hmyv.png]
begins with a single word
a single note, a single drop of rain

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 65 — Threads: 0
Signos: 3,415
Administrator

Congrats to all the winners! ♥