Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - What Happened Last Night?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Meridoc

They wont sing for this  forsaken
PAWN OF WAR

He woke with a start to one hell of a headache, saltwater in his mouth, and a crab climbing his tail and getting waaay too familiar with his nether regio-

Yeah, no. No. Nononono. No.

Meridoc surged to his hooves with a grunt and a curse, his left hind leg kicking furiously to try and dislodge the stubborn crustacean from his tail. When that failed, he swung his head around, lifted his leg, and nearly fell down in the surf trying to tear the little shit off with his teeth. Unfortunately, it saw the danger coming and let go to fall to the ground.

Unfortunate, because then Meridoc bit down with force on his tailbone.

Lovely fucking morning.

Once he had gotten himself set to rights, he finally trudged out of the shallow surf, stinging in annoyance and genuine pain, the rugged stallion looked around, scowling. It was awfully quiet-

'About time you noticed I was missing. Having fun with the local wildlife, Meridoc?'

Yep. There it was.

"Yeah, well, I hope you're drowning in the bottom of the ocean."

'I am a sword, Meridoc, I can't drown.'

"Well, just fuckin' rust then."

It was easy enough to spot the sword; Veritas stood in the sand, pristine and perfect, and the amusement he felt rolling off of the sword as he made it rise from the sand was enough that he idly considered throwing it out in the ocean and seeing how far he could make it go-

'I wouldn't suggest that.'

He glowered at the steel, as if it had eyes to look into. Well, it did, but they were his in the reflection of the metal. "It's gettin' tempting."The blade tilted, then, a sheen flickering across it, giving Meridoc a glimpse behind him... and at the giant hellish beast galloping it's way towards him, some bastard mix of a lion, goat and snake.

'Still want to throw me into the ocean, Meridoc? I could go if you want to... handle this foe. Surely it won't be as difficult as the Lord of Crabs you just fought.'

"Shut up." What a lovely way to start the day. Meridoc wasted no time... in running like hell, taking off as fast as he could down the beach, Veritas floating effortlessly beside him. 'It's catching up, Meridoc.' "I can hear that!" 'It looks quite upset, did your stench offend it?' "SHUT. UP."

@Theodosia

Played by Offline bruiser [PM] Posts: 99 — Threads: 13
Signos: 1,000
Inactive Character

let our eyes show the 
fire in our hearts tonight

Winter reminds her of the land of her birth -- it had always been deep winter in Shishira, with howling winds that would steal the voice from your lips no matter how loudly you howled back. It is an uncomfortable memory that invokes thoughts of chess and strategy, the way her siblings had always been vying for their father’s favor, and how she had never even been considered -- after all, she had been the only half-mortal of them all, barely worthy of a sideways glance in their games of political intrigue.

What a bunch of assholes.

She scoffs and shakes her head as though to chase away the thoughts as she soars above the Praistigia Cliffs, although the scowl remains on her pale lips. She’d been in an increasingly foul mood the past few days, her pride stinging and thoughts of her past encroaching as she’d begun to settle into a new level of control over the magic Vespera had cursed her with -- magic that only served to remind her of her asshole sire donor.

A roar from below catches her attention, and she dives below the crowds only to be met with quite the sight; a stallion running for his life from an increasingly pissed-off chimera, and where had he even found one of those? As far as she’d known, they didn’t even exist here, had been mythological even back home -- but there was no time to be debating that now.

“DUCK!” She yells to the stallion as she dives down over his head, her telekinesis reaching for the dagger strapped to her leg. She’s thankful that she chose to wear her armor on this particular patrol, especially as the chimera’s attention begins to shift towards her -- she has a feeling she’s going to need it.

credits

@Meridoc

she wasn't looking for a knight,
she was looking for a sword.