Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - shadow kids

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline bruiser [PM] Posts: 99 — Threads: 13
Signos: 1,000
Inactive Character

let our eyes show the 
fire in our hearts tonight

Above her, the desert sun beats down without mercy despite the veil-like cape that drapes over her haunches, meant to protect her pale skin from burning -- she can already see it is only barely working, her body beginning to take on a pink tinge where the veil doesn’t cover, and she is glad this is only a short visit to Solterra. She had only wanted to visit the marketplace so spoken of in muted whispers, where for a pretty penny she could purchase herself a piece of Solterran steel -- she had, after all, been seeking out a dagger that could withstand whatever abuse she could throw at it.

Her wandering thoughts are thrown out the window the moment she catches sight of the scale, however. She would know it in an instant -- the opalescent sheen of a dragon’s shed scale, so often seen around her dam’s neck, except that the tall stranger wearing the necklace is decidedly not her beloved dam.

In a flash, she has crossed the markets, jewel-tipped antlers pointed at the bull-like man and her eyes narrowed suspiciously. “Where did you get that necklace?” She demands of him, knowing that her dam would not easily give up his treasured possession, and a pang of worry crosses her heart. “What did you do to my mother?”

credits

@El Toro set BEFORE raum's challenge but after the elk event!

she wasn't looking for a knight,
she was looking for a sword.

Played by Offline Muirgen [PM] Posts: 114 — Threads: 16
Signos: 0
Day Court Champion of Battle
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Summer]  |  17.2 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 25 — Exp: 40  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Hajduk (Mythical Lion)

OH, TO BE HERE ON THE GROUND

El Toro was minding his business, as usual (he will claim), contemplating what sort of spices to buy for the next few days or what kind of leafy thing that grew about these inhospitable parts. The market granted most people a sense of anonymity while also welcoming the possibility of encountering a friendly face, but all it did for Toro was cause him stress and unrest. Every glance in his direction was painful and -

”Where did you get that necklace? What did you do to my mother?” Some white antlered bitch was in his face now, the nerve of some people. 

”Your mother?” He snarled. ”I don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about.” He didn’t have time for this. He had self loathing to do, and anyway, he wasn’t about to admit this was a gift from a fr…acquaintance.

@Theodosia
"What I say,"

What I think,

credit

please always tag here and preferably discord for replies

Inactive Character

let our eyes show the 

She bristles, every muscle in her body tensing and preparing for whatever might come next as she confronted the bull-horned man. “My mother,” She snarls, gesturing towards the necklace with her antlers, her lavender eyes sharp as daggers. Her dam would never have just… given up the dragon scale, not when it meant so much to him, not when it was perhaps the only glimmer of faith that he still believed in.

“That’s his necklace -- how did you get it? What did you do to Anzhelo?”

She is aware that they are beginning to attract a few curious stares, that perhaps she is not as incognito as she would like to be, but in the moment she really couldn’t give a shit about it. Her mother’s safety was paramount, and he didn’t deserve to have some lowlife stealing his necklace.

“Hand it over.”

credits

@El Toro what a way to meet your future stepchild

Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Summer]  |  17.2 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 25 — Exp: 40  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Hajduk (Mythical Lion)

El Toro frowned as she spoke. He wanted to tear those jewels out of her mane, silence her with a lady’s embarrassment - though he couldn’t say she seemed quite a lady at all, and he couldn’t hardly make sense of what she was saying.

”Your…Anzhelo? Your mother? Toro shook his head. He gave this to me-“ she demanded its supposed return - No. I’m not giving it back to anybody but him. Get outta my face, bitch.” Toro spat on the ground between her hooves and met her with a burning glare.

@Theodosia
"What I say,"

What I think,

What Hajduk thinks,
CREDITS

Inactive Character

let our eyes show the 

“Yes, my mother, not that it’s any of your business,” She spat back, her pale eyes narrowing at the horned man, and she wonders if she can duck under his guard quickly enough to snatch the necklace from around his asshole neck. If her antlers happened to catch him there as well, it would be all the better -- she didn’t want to risk damaging the scale, however, not when it meant so much to Anzhelo.

The pegasus shifted her weight, her eyes narrowing suspiciously. “He wouldn’t give that necklace up to anyone, you lying thief,” She growled, her feathers ruffling and sparks beginning to roll down her wings, leaving little shards of glass where they contacted the sand. “I just bet you would -- too bad I don’t think pawning it at one of the shops counts as returning it.”

credits

@El Toro

Why was this woman such a bitch?

Toro? A lying thief?

Oh no. This just wouldn’t do.

He was an honorable man!

Uh, well, the sparks were unnerving. Toro puffed up his chest and lowered his horns. He scoffed. Pawn it? Who the fuck do you think I am? He pawed at the ground. He could just imagine that little pony crying when Toro had to tell him that some random pegasus not only stole his precious necklace but bested Toro in a fight. 

Them and their goddamn wings. 

”Get the fuck away from me or get ready to land on your ass. Your little sparkles don’t scare me, birdie.”

@Theodosia
"What I say,"

What I think,

What Hajduk thinks,
credit