Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Don't you worry child.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Cassilyn

~

She’d made it out of the night markets and as much relief as she felt, she missed the rich culture of the bazaar. Cassilyn had moved onto the keep, the capital of the night court, as she’d discovered from some friendly denizens of the night. What had drawn her here, she wasn’t sure but as the palace came into view, she was baffled by the sight. It was beautiful, it reminded her of a calm summer night and the glow of lanterns confirmed that thought. The immensity of the architecture took her breath away and as she entered, that feeling increased ten fold.
The woman was mesmerized by the exotic nature of the children of night. They danced and twirled in the evening air, their movements free and effortless.
She walked slowly through the courtyard, her eyes remained on the entertainers. The chill didn’t reach her here and even though this wasn’t home, she felt as if she… belonged? Perhaps that was the night court, because as long as she’d been here, she felt unusually comfortable. Maybe that was the point but, she felt that it would be easy to lose yourself here, in the thrall of music and drink.

Cassilyn shook her head as she walked slowly up a set of stairs near the edge of the courtyard. Would she be allowed a bed tonight? And perhaps a bath? That was much to ask of a court that wasn’t hers but exhaustion weighed heavy on her heart. The alabaster damsel knew she needed to reach the Dawn court but she wasn't quite sure where she needed to go and she wasn’t in any condition to fly north today.
“I just wish I could get to the library,” the woman sighed as her wings slumped at her sides. She'd reached the top of the stairs and looked down the hall, her eyelids hung dangerously low over verdant irises. When was the last time she'd eaten?
“And once again, I’m lost,” the lady muttered in frustration as pale eyes closed for a moment... just a moment, right?

~

OOC: I’m sorry, I don’t know much about the Night Court and I was having a hard time describing it. I don’t know why I decided to write her this way? I just imagine that she’s frustrated that she hasn’t found the Dawn Court yet.
Tag: @Septimus

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 79 — Threads: 19
Signos: 440
Inactive Character

BE BOLD, BE BOLD
BUT NOT TOO BOLD

Staying here – within walls, confined like a wolf in a cage – is enough to make his skin crawl.

Septimus is a child of wild places and things. Denocte is beautiful, but it is beautiful in the manufactured and constrained way that a garden is beautiful. He prefers the overgrowth, gnarled and twisting and unconstrained, full of teeth. There are teeth here, too. He has seen them here and there, figments of bejeweled danger in the shadows. Cities are dangerous things too, with predators hiding in plain sight – and they are rarely so impassive as the ones that he encounters in the wilderness.

He’ll leave soon. His energy has recovered, and he’d rather find somewhere more permanent (at least until he regains his magic) to stay; he still has plenty of questions about Denocte, but he can always return after he’s done a bit of preliminary scouting of the rest of the continent. He moves in the shadows of a winding hallway, when he hears a voice; he can’t make out the words, only that it sounds effeminate. He glances out of the hallway, and he finds himself staring at the source of the voice.

She’s a pretty thing, he notes – slender and small and dainty, and the color of white-washed sea-foam, albeit with bright, spring-leaf eyes; a great pair of feathered wings sprout from her shoulders, and, though she moves with a purpose (albeit one that seems rather defocused), her strides seem hindered by exhaustion. (The silken strands of her mane are falling out of place, and there is a faint gloss to her eyes.) It is her murmuring that attracts his attention, though. “And, once again, I’m lost.” Well. He can certainly relate to that sentiment. (A smile threatens at the corners of his dark lips.)

He steps out of the shadows of the hallway, moving into her line of sight. “Forgive me for overhearing your plight, but we both seem to be a bit lost, Miss,” he remarks, with a tilt of his skull and a smile that does not show his sharp, sharp canines. “Perhaps we can search for…whatever you see...together? Two sets of eyes are better than one.” Septimus is rarely cowed by the prospect of adventure, but he can generally recognize a foolish idea when he has one, and the notion of wandering around without a map in a land he knows very little about, beyond what he has managed to pick up about the current political situation (which is troubling at best), certainly seems reckless at best. However, assuming that what the young lady is searching for is within the walls of Denocte, he doesn’t expect too much trouble – in spite of tensions with their northern neighbor, the interior of the night kingdom seems stable and safe enough.

@Cassilyn || <3 <3 <3

"Speech!" 

@

AND RARELY, IF THE WOOD ACCEPTS THE BLADE WITHOUT CONDITIONS
the two pieces keep their balance in spite of the blow

please tag Septimus! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Cassilyn

~

She’d lost herself in thought and suddenly she was back in Cirrus. The memories were so rich and vivid and while she lived in the past, the ache in her chest disappeared. That was where she was comfortable, that was where she had been happy. So why was she here? Why hadn’t she remained there? Or was it all some dream?
And then, she was back in the hall, the pain in her ribcage had returned and so had her disappointment. Cassilyn wanted nothing more to be at peace, to be happy and perhaps to find meaning. At this point, she felt as though she would never find such things in this world, especially since she’d continued to become lost, over and over. The alabaster woman was discouraged and exhausted and for once, she felt as though there was no reason to fight for this new life.

But, she was easily drawn away from that thought as a stranger appeared before her. A chill rushed down her spine as her pale eyes settled on the figure before her. He was much larger than her with chocolate skin and the most severe green eyes she'd ever seen. The antlers that sprouted from his head were soft with velvet and littered with trinkets. An earthy aroma came from him and she was suddenly alert, her tiredness gone as she lifted her wings a bit higher. There was something about him that intrigued her but also scared her maybe because he carried himself so…. confidently? 

The words that poured from his dark maw were silky smooth and laced in something she couldn't identify. He seemed to have nice enough intentions and a smile spread across her lips as she continued to analyze the situation.
“Yes, I think I’d like that,” the ivory coated lady spoke, her words honest and kind.
However, something stirred inside her as she stared at the antlered man, there was something wild about him, something feral.
“I think I need a bed,” she mumbled as she lowered her eyes for a moment and stared at the shiny floor.

“Do you have any idea how to get out of this place? It’s so… loud,” Cassilyn said as she glanced at the walls around her. She couldn’t help but feel suffocated here, there was no sky and no stars and she doubted she could even open her wings.
“I miss sunshine and blooming flowers,” the girl explained with a soft sigh, her eyes lifted once again to the pools of emerald that waited for her on his handsome face. Somehow, and she didn’t know how, she felt like he’d understand her predicament.
~

OOC: This is so awkward, I wasn’t even sure how she’d handle him and she didn’t either c:
Tag: @Septimus

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 79 — Threads: 19
Signos: 440
Inactive Character

BE BOLD, BE BOLD
BUT NOT TOO BOLD

She looks a bit uncomfortable, and it occurs to him that her reaction probably makes sense. He’s a strange man, considerably taller than her and in possession of a pair of rather pointy antlers, and she seems to be both lost and new to the area, which is enough to put most anyone on edge in the first place. (Septimus is simply used to finding himself in places where he isn’t supposed to be or didn’t intend to end up, and he never really learned the virtues of mortal caution and fear anyways.) He tries to relax, in hopes that his behavior will soothe her, and continues to fix her with his most pleasant, genuine expression, letting his gaze linger on her vivid green eyes, far brighter and paler than his own – they reminded him of the first growth of the year, in the earliest moments of spring.

“Yes, I think I’d like that.” Her response comes very politely, like he might expect from a woman of her regal bearing, but she is quick to avert her gaze, as though she’s a bit afraid of him; he tilts his head and aims to meet her eyes, expression warm. “I think I need a bed,” she adds, a moment later, her gaze still trained on the floor; he is reminded of how tired she looks, and he wonders how long she’s been wandering fruitlessly.

“I think I can guide you to an inn, if that’s what you’re looking for,” he offers, letting his gaze sweep her frame; she is certainly drooping. “I’ve passed a few on the way. I’m not a native, so I don’t know their reputation, of course, but some of them looked quite nice, for a few nights…” He hasn’t been staying in an inn, unfortunately. (Or fortunately. The den of criminals, gamblers, and, bizarrely enough, researchers – though not necessarily the most ethical kind – was probably not the safest place to stay, or the cleanest for his conscience, but Septimus was half-fae, so he didn’t find it too troubling, and they had information that would be hard to come across elsewhere.) That isn’t to say he hasn’t seen other accommodations, however, and he’d be more than happy to guide her, even though he’d rather be looking for the library.

Her next words catch him off-guard. “Do you have any idea how to get out of this place? It’s so…loud.” She sighs, then adds, “I miss sunshine and blooming flowers.” She looks up at him again, with those pretty green eyes, and he meets her gaze evenly. Well, well, well – a kindred spirit. He hadn’t expected it, but he was pleased to find one here, among all the polished stone and stained glass.

“I certainly understand that, Miss – and this city is a labyrinth. I haven’t felt safe leaving yet, with what little I know of the land, so I haven’t ventured out yet…but I know where the gates are, if you’d like me to take you there,” he says, and flashes her a smile that – unintentionally – shows his long, pointed teeth. “I grew up in a forest, and I spend my time travelling, researching plants and animals; I’m a naturalist, if you will. I’ve never liked cities, but I…” He gives an awkward laugh, hoping that it will be enough to make his newfound companion a bit more comfortable. “I didn’t actually intend to fall into Novus; one of my spells misfired, and I haven’t gotten my bearings. I’m Septimus – who are you?”

@Cassilyn || she's a cutie <3 

"Speech!" 

@

AND RARELY, IF THE WOOD ACCEPTS THE BLADE WITHOUT CONDITIONS
the two pieces keep their balance in spite of the blow

please tag Septimus! contact is encouraged, short of violence