Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Entering Dawn

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol was a dark spot on the peaceful meadow, his golden accents gleaming against his ebony coat. Golden eyes slid across the peaceful terrain as he stretched his two sets of wings and tucked them back in. Shaking his head, he strode forward, part of him searching for anyone in this new realm that would explain what was going on and where he had ended up. He had been struggling with the chaos of his past for the last few months, regretting things that he had done and not paying any attention to where he was going. This was the first time that he had taken the time to even try to figure where he was at.

Night dark ears flicked to try to catch any sounds that might catch attention, attempting to hear hoof steps or breathing. Silence greeted his senses and he flicked his tail against the snow covered land to make sure that he hadnt gone deaf. Pawing at the crust of snow, he dipped his head to take a few quick mouthfuls of the grass underneath. Where he stood, there was the slight sound of sizzling, reactions from his hooves meeting the snow. There were no dark spots where his hooves had lit the ground, rather puddles of water that were trying to begin to freeze along the edges.

(OOC: Awful starter is awful)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Toulouse

home is behind the world ahead
there are many paths to tread

Toulouse was glad - not for the first time - for the heavy crimson scarves hanging at his sides.

Of course, it would be better yet if they covered more of him, if they shielded his entire back and belly and legs from the bite of winter. He’s never have to grow a winter coat again, would remain his sleek, summer self forever.

Or, he contemplated as he crossed between snow-laden trees, frost crunching underhoof, I could go somewhere warm, somewhere I never had to be cold. But the only place like that, at least that he had found in Novus, was Solterra. And oh, how he hated the desert - he had done his time there already. Now it was his brother’s turn.

As the trees parted, the white of the fields was nearly blinding. Gone were the vibrant colors of fall, the warmth of autumn’s sun. Wildflowers were a thing of the past, all the color replaced with something cold and sterile. Toulouse nearly jumped back in surprise when the snow reached well past his knees with his first step, so deep compared to the spare inch that had covered the forest floor. And yet, he grit his teeth and trudged on, a dream of spring dancing through his mind.

He almost ignored the other horse at first, intent on walking straight past. But then he heard the sizzling, saw the steam rising from the ground, witnessed the puddles left in the stallion’s hoofprints. And just like that, the horned man altered his course and headed for the stranger.

“Hello!” he called out, pushing snow out of his way with every step. “It’s a bit brisk out for a walk, isn’t it?”

But he was still watching the stranger’s movements, still listening for the steam, wondering - hopefully - if it was only his hooves that caused such a phenomenon, or if it was perhaps the stallion himself?

There was only the one way to find out.

@Sol Bestiam

Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

“Hello! It’s a bit brisk out for a walk, isn’t it?” Sol turned to face the stallion that had appeared, golden eyes traveling over his form and taking in his appearance. The newcomer was smaller than his... rather obscene size, probably close to 5 hands shorter if he was measuring correctly. Where Sol was dark, this stallion was light, though some of the hues were similar at least.

Dipping his head, he nodded. "That it is... Though I am rather fond of it... At least the snow isn't flammable." He laughed softly as he shot a glance at the puddles of melted snow around his hooves. "There are areas where I have ignited small flames before they snuffed out to leave charred prints. Snow at least just ends up leaving ice prints." He chuckled again before shaking his head.

"I apologize. I am Sol Bestiam, though most simply call me Sol. I am afraid that I am new here." He introduced himself with a slight bow and ruffled his wings to tuck all four in tighter to his body. Even though his hooves left flames and scorched earth, the rest of his body was only protected and warmed by his thick ebony coat.

Flicking his midnight and sun tail, he waited patiently for the other stallion to grace him with a name to know him by. A part of him was thrilled with the fact that he was meeting someone. That part tamped down the ambitious and sometimes cruel side of him and allowed him to truly enjoy the conversation. This was the first time he had spoken to anyone since the stallion that he had last spent time with had disappeared.

@Toulouse

Toulouse

Steam curls slowly into the air, dancing like ghostly flames in the barren winter landscape. But then the wind comes, and snuffs it with a single breath - only the underlying heat remains, a puddle of clear water in place of the snow.

The stranger turns to face him, his eyes golden and bright against his otherwise dark face. Toulouse smiles innocently, as if he didn’t see the size difference between himself and the other stallion.

”At least the snow isn’t flammable.” Toulouse laughs softly alongside him, his tone carefully. ”Does that happen often?” he asks with thinly-veiled curiosity, taking a slow step closer. How unfortunate it would be (for some), to light fires with every step they took. (Others, of course, might revel in that - a few names already are popping into his mind.)

”I’m as much a fan of fire as anyone else, but I imagine it gets tiring having to constantly think about where you’re walking.” A trail of fiery hoofprints burn in his mind, framed by a burning city in the background, a dark silhouette with horns walking calmly away…

He pushes the thought from his mind quickly. With a small, quick shake of his head, his attention is back on the stranger.

”Sol,” he tries the name out on his tongue. ”My name’s Toulouse.” He dips his head forward, the rings around his horns clinking softly against one another. For a moment, the meadow is alive with the song of metal.

”Well you chose a good season to come, if you like the cold,” he says, his laugh as soft as the music of his jewelry. ”Have you come to see the Dawn Court?”

@Sol Bestiam
thank you for being so, so dang patient <3 <3 <3

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol Bestiam
”Does that happen often?” Sol sighed and nodded. "I honestly dont even remember when it started happening, just that it can be less impressive than it seems like it could be." And it was true... The strange flaming hooves had just... appeared... one morning as he was on his way. He had absolutely no idea where the magic came from nor if it was supposed to be a blessing or a curse. Just that it was annoying and frustrating and made him nervous at times.

”I’m as much a fan of fire as anyone else, but I imagine it gets tiring having to constantly think about where you’re walking.” Sol chuckled and nodded. "Yeah... I tend to try to avoid areas that have excess vegetation. Water just heats up around my hooves when I touch it... Stone barely gets much reaction other than a darker hoof print than usual. And the flames tend to die within a few seconds, so I havent actually started any large blazes thankfully." The idea of having someone so interested in his obnoxious... gift... was amusing. But at the same time, he understood it. Not many saw that type of crazy on a daily basis. Who knew what kinds of events he could cause if his gift was stronger.

”Sol, My name’s Toulouse.” Dipping his heavy ebony head, he smiled. "It is a pleasure to meet you. Heck, it is a pleasure to meet anyone at this point." The words dripped with a flurry of emotions that he couldnt even name. Part of him was lonely, part of him was feeling undesirable... There was another that was happy for the conversation and chance at new life, while yet another tried to cut that happiness with guilt over what had drove him from his home to begin with. He had been alone and traveling for way to long and didnt know how to really react to a full conversation.

”Well you chose a good season to come, if you like the cold,” Sol nodded. "Not so much that I like it... just that the winter and snow tend to be safer than fall's dry grasses or spring and summer new growth. Less things to burn." He chuckled as he shook his head.

”Have you come to see the Dawn Court?” Sol paused and debated what to say. "See and join. If the court will have a nobody like me." What ever gods ruled this land, they would know how badly he had lived and probably would rather see him smoldering than a part of society in any form. The idea of being welcome was so strange that he had learned to never expect it anymore. He hadnt been welcome since he left his home and started his travels.

@Toulouse
"Speaking."
Notes: Sorry for delay <3

Toulouse

Toulouse listened with interest as the stranger spoke, his gaze roving nearly continuously from the gold of his eyes to the steam rising around his hoofprints. His ears twitched, leaning subconsciously into each word he said. A smile curved his lips upwards.

Interesting indeed.

For a moment he let himself imagine what it would be like to have such a power, to light the ground beneath his hooves with nothing more than a thought. The other stallion seemed weary of it, overtly cautious - Toulouse would have no such inhibitions.

He would set fire to the world and everyone in it without so much as a hint of regret. And then with Novus burning behind him, he and his brother could set sail to a new world, and he would burn that one, too.

The wolf inside of him snarled with delight, howling with the imaginary scent of blood and smoke. But he only smiled, although his teeth glinted snow-white between his lips, and nodded his head pleasantly enough. One day. One day his restraint would vanish like a frayed rope, and all that would remain would be fury. But that day was not today.

“True enough,” he said, bobbing his head amicably, hiding the way his eyes glinted with savage delight. “Although it isn’t always like this. Soon enough it will be spring.” And then summer, and dry grass, and heat. And fields of flowers would shrivel up like so much kindling in his path.

He continued to walk alongside him, and the cold of the snow soon had numbed his ankles. He quickened his step - the Court wasn’t far now, and with it the warmth and shelter of the indoors. He looked at his traveling companion from the side of one eye, again envious of the way the cold never touched his hooves. “I hear they accept everyone,” he said smoothly. “They accepted me, even when I knew them not. No one here has to be a nobody if they don’t wish to be.” It was far more optimistic a statement he normally would have made, but he let it slide. This time.

@Sol Bestiam
i guess he loves fire

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol Bestiam

“True enough, Although it isn’t always like this. Soon enough it will be spring.” Sol nodded, eyes traveling over the stallion beside him. He seemed kind enough, though something about his eyes hinted as something else. Shaking away the thoughts, he stretched his wings and tucked them again. He had spent so much time flying on the way here that it was strange to not be using them. "Spring can be a time of rebirth and renewal. Perhaps my finding Novus just before is a sign that I am in the right place... for now at least."

“I hear they accept everyone, They accepted me, even when I knew them not. No one here has to be a nobody if they don’t wish to be.” Yes... but do they accept those that have been banished from their homes for nearly murdering another. Sol hadnt spoken of his past in so long that it almost felt like the story of another horse. He would explain it to the sovereign of the Court if asked, but he didnt relish the idea. "You have no idea how much I hope that is true. Being alone is not the way I want to spend my life."

@Toulouse
"Speaking."
Notes: sorry for delay <3

Toulouse

Toulouse’s lips quirk, and he has to fight the urge to laugh. The way the hulking stallion beside him speaks of spring like it’s synonymous with hope is almost too much for him to take. But he bobs his head along pleasantly enough, and adds an “Oh yes, and Delumine is the perfect place to find rebirth,” for good measure.

But the entire time he’s thinking what a shame it is that a stallion with flaming hooves could turn out to be such a pacifist. Your powers are wasted, he thinks to himself, casting a glance back at the hoofprints they leave behind them. If my hooves did that…

If Toulouse could, he would watch the entire world burn with pleasure. And then he would search for a new world, and he would burn that one, too.

“Well, I suspect you’ll have all the company you could ask for within the Court,” he tells the stallion, and nods ahead of them to the opened city gates.

“And here is where I leave you, I’m afraid.” His smile is just a little too sharp as he says it, his eyes just a little too bright. “I do hope you enjoy Delumine. I’m sure I’ll see you around, Sol Bestiam.” The words taste like a threat when they leave his lips, and Toulouse loves it. With one last amicable tilt of his head, he turns and disappears into the crowd of people entering Delumine.

@Sol Bestiam
ahh sorry for the sudden closing!
maybe they can meet again later c:

Dusk Court Blacksmith

I need someone who sees the fire in my eyes
And wants to play with it...

“Oh yes, and Delumine is the perfect place to find rebirth,” Sol flicked an ear as he listened to the stallion. There was something about the quality of his words that made him wonder. They were reaching the gates of the city and it distracted him from the curiosity. Frowning, he shoved his focus back on the other stallion. "I hope so... But we shall see as time passes." He responded softly, not wanting to commit to any solid emotions with the curious reaction from Toulouse.

“And here is where I leave you, I’m afraid. I do hope you enjoy Delumine. I’m sure I’ll see you around, Sol Bestiam.” Sol carefully disregarded the comment about company and dipped his head. "Thank you for the company." He bid the stallion farewell before continuing into the city and exploring his new court.

"Speaking."
@Toulouse
Notes: Just an end post from butthead <3
CREDITS