Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

The mare had spunk that could be at odds with her typical calm nature when in the face of a challenge - whether it be a challenge to her abilities, or a challenge to her nature, or a challenge from the environment. It had less to do with her abilities - her reactions - and far more to do with the nature in which she was raised, to be stubborn and capable of handling in situation. When living in a bleak world such as the Arctic it tended to be your only option - take the world on by storm, and harden your heart so it was like ice too. Thankfully, her heart never did harden properly. The little ice that had formed had been violently ripped away by the pain her heart had felt when her beloved little sister had been abandoned on that ice cap, blood still dripping from the wound, unable to move due to the pain, fear and cold; and her father expecting to just walk away with her. She will NEVER forget the look in her sibling's, her ears will NEVER unhear her cries and pleas for help and protection. She had been unwilling to look away even as she was practically herded away, her eyes meeting her sister's in apology, despair, self-loathing as her limbs carried her from the small body shivering in the cold. Her sister likely hadn't survived the night. Bel blamed herself for not leaving the Pod earlier and going to her, helping her, protecting her, and coming to a safer land with her.

Still, despite the more playful, calm and gentle Bel being the lady most often viewed, there were definitely moments when she could be as stubborn as a bull shark, and as determined as a nurse shark. She'd face danger with fins flared and head held high. And she'd keep up that confidence even when she felt like it was lacking, because if you make believe long enough, you may just trick yourself as well. She tilted her head when the male spoke, admitting confidence not being his strong suit. Her expression was one of startled disbelief as she glanced at him momentarily, "You're like . . . . as big as a shark. How can YOU not be confident." She shrugged though, adding calmly, her tone less shocked and more reassuring, "Even make-believing you are confidence can definitely evolve into confidence. My . . . mother often liked to say that make-believe something and you'll trick yourself into believing it too. Whether it's monsters in the shallows before bed, or emotions you're wanting to feel but can't. As a fry, I'd often tell her I was seeing scary things in the shallows before bed, and she told me it was my imagination playing tricks that I was falling for, but it could work two ways. I can make-believe I'm confident and unafraid as well; and eventually I will be because I'll convince even myself." She offered with a warm smile, a touch of sadness at the words of her mother. It still tortured her heart to think about her, but she'd grieved enough to be comfortable talking about her now. Her sister tended to remain a taboo topic.

They did make quiet the unique pair of explorers, both glowing in their own way - he with his flame-producing hooves, she with her natural luminescence. She couldn't not ask about the extra set of wings, and her eyes widened at an expected thought on it being proven true - YOU COULD TANGLE THEM UP. She could only image the net of knots it could produce trying to flap them together. He'd explained he had to learn to lift them in a proper sequence, and even explaining the different uses of the the two sets. She had felt she owed him for the explanation, and grinned as she spoke of her own balancing act and issues with it, "I can definitely understanding crashing and difficult with balancing. Having come from the sea, I'm still struggling to relearn walking on land. I can glide through the water like an otter, keep up with dolphins, out maneuver a shark, and laze about with the nicer seals, but walking on land is so difficult. Even the little bit of walking I did do was on hard ice and only long enough to get myself fully out of the water. Beyond that, my people lived fully underwater, and it's a different world, a different feel to moving underwater than on land. I'm constantly stumbling over odd terrain. Grass is my weakness, the dirt beneath it changing so frequently. In the water you have to propel yourself forward, pushing off of ground and sand to push through the water . . . pushing off while walking on land just sends you lurking forward - it can be horribly embarrassing." She admitted with a smile, "But I'm slowly getting to it. Sand and rock offers no difficulties usually now. It's just the softer, malable grounds I have issues with." Grass lands were the bane of her existence.

She glanced at him when he spoke of them both being able to scare away anything that came upon them and she grinned, "It's not so bad traveling in smaller numbers, enough to defend and watch out for each other, but not so many individuals as to make up a large 'come and get us' sign." She agreed, before glancing when she spoke of her own reasons for exploring and seeing everything. She nodded her agreement when he spoke of the different world beneath the oceans, though her eyes were sad, "It's beautiful beneath the waves, but it's a dangerous fish-eat-fish world too. One moment you can be admiring a beautiful reef, the next, a barracuda is charging you from out of nowhere. It's one part admiring the world, and another part watching your surroundings at all times."

She was not expecting, or prepared for his story, and she glanced at him when he spoke of awful things he had done as a colt, and . . . attacking a filly. She was silent when he explained butting of heads, that this filly had laughted at him, turned down his offer, and he'd reacted in temper. She was still silent when explained the outcome, her nearly dead beneath his hooves - he being cast out and punished for the act of temper. For a moment she was quiet, even as he asked her not to think ill, send him on his way, write him off. She remained quiet as she processed for a long moment, their steps being the only sound, and her lack of flinching away or turning from him indicating she wasn't just going to haul tail out of there. When she did speak her words were soft as light waves touching the beach, as gentle as a calm sea, "I don't think a life-time ban from your home was right. You said yourself, you'd been raised believing you could have anything you wanted. In large-part, that culture you grew up in, the way your parents taught you to have anything you pleased led to your reaction when denied - especially paired with her laughing at you. Did you over-react, certainly; but did your raising have a heavy hand to play in the outcomes; absolutely. Any horse, be they of the sea or land, are shaped by the family they keep. Your parents play a large role in who you are as a foal, and who you will be as an adult. Whether by positive effect, or negative. To merely cast you out after such actions was deplorable. Instead they should have sought to right the wrongs they had caused. Similar situations could have led to you believing it was all the filly's fault for the cast away. She had denied you and laughed at you - and had deserved the punishment. And then you had been kicked out because she'd denied and laughed at you - you could have put all blame on her and grown into a stallion who despised females. Instead you showed your true colors in remorse and regret. You outgrew the teachings of your parents to make a better version of yourself - a very lucky thing for you, and typically what would have only happened had you been 'retaught' under your parents guidance after such actions." No, she wouldn't walk away from his story, because in the sort time that they had met and travelled, he'd been nothing but kind and considerate.

She would continue to trust him. But she did file away the knowledge that at least some herds seemed so quick to abandoned and black mark their foals. Her people only did that when certain glows were produced in the foals, and namely as superstition. Thankfully quick introductions followed soon, and it allowed an easing of the atmosphere between them that had been produced by his tale . . . and she still refused to give up the story of her sister. Few on Novus knew it, few on novus ever would, and instead she focused on those introductions. She smiled, nodding her head back lightly to his greeting, "The pleasure is mine. Now then, lets' see what this forest holds, shall we. I imagine there must be something exciting with in it, don't you think. We probably don't want to venture to far in, but still we can at least explore the outer edges a fair bit."

Thoughts
Speech
@Sol Bestiam
Notes: Don't let her fool you, despite her dis-pleasure at his birth-herd she will still admit it was his actions, but she won't fault him for it.

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol Bestiam

"You're like . . . . as big as a shark. How can YOU not be confident. Even make-believing you are confidence can definitely evolve into confidence. My . . . mother often liked to say that make-believe something and you'll trick yourself into believing it too. Whether it's monsters in the shallows before bed, or emotions you're wanting to feel but can't. As a fry, I'd often tell her I was seeing scary things in the shallows before bed, and she told me it was my imagination playing tricks that I was falling for, but it could work two ways. I can make-believe I'm confident and unafraid as well; and eventually I will be because I'll convince even myself." Sol snorted as he listened to her shock. "At least you didnt say as big as a whale... I will take shark." He laughed as he continued to listen to the mare as she made an argument for make-believe. "I guess my past has shaken any confidence I had. I cant say that I am afraid of much, but I am also not the type to think I can handle anything that the world throws at me without help. Perhaps I should try to make-believe and see if it works." He mused, shooting a grin her way. The tall draft mix was hopeful that he had found a friend in this new realm.

"I can definitely understanding crashing and difficult with balancing. Having come from the sea, I'm still struggling to relearn walking on land. I can glide through the water like an otter, keep up with dolphins, out maneuver a shark, and laze about with the nicer seals, but walking on land is so difficult. Even the little bit of walking I did do was on hard ice and only long enough to get myself fully out of the water. Beyond that, my people lived fully underwater, and it's a different world, a different feel to moving underwater than on land. I'm constantly stumbling over odd terrain. Grass is my weakness, the dirt beneath it changing so frequently. In the water you have to propel yourself forward, pushing off of ground and sand to push through the water . . . pushing off while walking on land just sends you lurking forward - it can be horribly embarrassing. But I'm slowly getting to it. Sand and rock offers no difficulties usually now. It's just the softer, malable grounds I have issues with." Sol nodded, imagining what it must be like getting used to walking on land after being in the water. It seemed that only the usual horses had their worlds all figured out and how to traverse them. "I get that. It sounds like when I first land from the air. I always have to take a minute to let my body adjust to the gravity and feel of the earth beneath my hooves. I am not sure how other pegasi feel when coming to ground, but the gravity always feels so intense for the first few moments, like I am going to sink straight down. I suppose it could be from the fact that I am as big as a shark too..." He chuckled at the last sentence, shooting her a smile. "Not sure that I will ever be brave enough to try swimming, so I cant wrap my head around that feeling." He laughed again as he shook his head.

"It's not so bad traveling in smaller numbers, enough to defend and watch out for each other, but not so many individuals as to make up a large 'come and get us' sign." The ebony, gold, and white stallion nodded his roman nosed head. "Sometimes, being in a large crowd is worse than being alone in uncertain environments. At least, this way we are not making as much noise to attract whatever hides in the forest." Sol spoke honestly, eyes traveling to the dark island before them.

"It's beautiful beneath the waves, but it's a dangerous fish-eat-fish world too. One moment you can be admiring a beautiful reef, the next, a barracuda is charging you from out of nowhere. It's one part admiring the world, and another part watching your surroundings at all times." The words from her lips reminded him of home... of the herd that he had been born into. It seemed like there was a constant underlying power struggle that could cost any horse their life at any time. He paused in his thinking, remembering the near weekly battles for dominance that his sire had been pushed into. "I guess anywhere can be like that... and barracudas can be stallions seeking power." He mused, not realizing that he had spoken aloud. Shaking his head, he continued beside her in silence for a bit. "So are you happy here? I wont ask it if is better than the ocean, but have you at least found a place where you belong?" There was an air of seeking to his words, betraying the fact that he didnt feel that he belonged anywhere.

"I don't think a life-time ban from your home was right. You said yourself, you'd been raised believing you could have anything you wanted. In large-part, that culture you grew up in, the way your parents taught you to have anything you pleased led to your reaction when denied - especially paired with her laughing at you. Did you over-react, certainly; but did your raising have a heavy hand to play in the outcomes; absolutely. Any horse, be they of the sea or land, are shaped by the family they keep. Your parents play a large role in who you are as a foal, and who you will be as an adult. Whether by positive effect, or negative. To merely cast you out after such actions was deplorable. Instead they should have sought to right the wrongs they had caused. Similar situations could have led to you believing it was all the filly's fault for the cast away. She had denied you and laughed at you - and had deserved the punishment. And then you had been kicked out because she'd denied and laughed at you - you could have put all blame on her and grown into a stallion who despised females. Instead you showed your true colors in remorse and regret. You outgrew the teachings of your parents to make a better version of yourself - a very lucky thing for you, and typically what would have only happened had you been 'retaught' under your parents guidance after such actions." Sol listened to her words, feeling a mixture of relief, remorse, and shock at them. "The life-time ban might not be right, but I dont think that my returning would be a positive thing either. If my father is still in power, no doubt he has already named a new heir. If not... Well... Knowing the power players when I left... Lets just say it could turn into a death sentence to return. And in regards to despising females... no. She was right to have a choice in the matter and I was wrong to think that my decision should have been the answer to every question. It was unfair of me to believe that just because I decreed that she would be my mate, she should be happy and accepting of it. Neither of us would have been happy in that pairing and it could have gotten so much worse for her if I would have stayed the same." And he did believe that with all of his heart. He didnt want to get into a relationship that was built on force and would shift to hatred and resentment. Shaking his head, he sighed. "Now my goal is to redeem myself in any way that I can... To help those that need help and to do right by others." His deep voice was dark with emotion as he walked, face angled away from Bel in a mixture of pain and shame at what he had done. "I do have to admit, I was expecting you to want nothing to do with me for it. To hate me for the colt that I was. You are the kind of being that gives me hope that I can be better..." His words were soft and fervent, like a prayer in the darkness.

"The pleasure is mine. Now then, lets' see what this forest holds, shall we. I imagine there must be something exciting with in it, don't you think. We probably don't want to venture to far in, but still we can at least explore the outer edges a fair bit." Sol nodded, shoving the emotions that he had been feeling down to try to make the best of the night with Bel. "The beach and outer edges of the forest sounds like a good place to start... Hopefully that, plus the fact that it is night, will make it a little less likely to maim us." He responded, laughing softly at the idea of being safe in this strange land.

@Below Zero
"Speaking."
Notes: She reacted better than he could have expected, so he wouldnt be surprised that she believes it his fault. He was awful as a colt and will admit it himself lol.

Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

A laugh was filtered from young Bel's features as she smiled warmly at the odd male, "Comparing someone to a whale might not be the most polite of comparisons. At least sharks are still large, but being compared to a predator of its' skill sets tend to be a tad better to stomach than a large aquatic mammal that filter feeds 23 hours out of the day." She mused with a smile. When he spoke of his confidence being shaken, her heart hurt for him. Having a tragic past had such a dire effect on the future. When he mentioned trying to make believe to see if it would work, she nodded once, dipping her head lightly, "Well, I wish you the most luck with it. Hopefully it'll work for you as well as it worked for me." She mused with a smile.

She tilted her head, listening to his words before speaking, "Well, whether coming from the air, or the sea; any change in what you 'walk' upon can definitely trick the mind and cause difficulties. And I know a fair few who are never quite brave enough to try swimming. Doesn't mean you can lounge about in the shallows, though! It might not be the deep sea swimming I prefer, but most horses seem to enjoy playing in the waves it seems." She suggested, before adding, "Although, I don't imagine I'll be taking to the skies - ever - Wrong set of mutations, and all." She laughed, shifting her spine so the cartilage running along it created a slight ripple, and her gills briefly flared.

The young mare nodded lightly at the thought of the large amount of noises large groups could make, before turning her attention to another train of thought of her previous home. Even from different words there was familiarity of the dangerous and power struggles between creatures bigger and more powerful - and worse in some cases: more hungry. When he asked of her finding a place to make her happy, she smiled faintly as she thought of the Dusk Court, the lands her Triton had domain over, "I have actually, a better place than I had expected. My triton is Asterion, of Dusk Court." She paused briefly, before distinctly wrinkling her muzzle, "Sorry, what is it the land-herds say? Herd leader?" She shrugged, before continuing, "It's so very close to the waters too so I'm never so far from it, and can usually see it from a distance. I make periodic visits to the actual depths of course, I can't be out of it for too long with out feeling a touch uncomfortable. I'm too mammal to dehydrate out of the water, but I still need a touch more of it than most others - thankfully the vapors coming off of me also helps in that manner."

The topic of the herd, the life that Sol had come from was not one that Bel was expecting though. When he spoke in response of not thinking that returning would be a good thing, she nodded in acceptance. It was likely be true . . . too much would reign on the behaviors of the past, and what all might have happened in his absence. He could be walking into a horrible situation that could lead to his own death. "Unfortunately it would likely be true . . . and frankly, from the sounds of it, it was a good herd either way. Returning might not only be dangerous, but it could spell out danger for future offspring as well. It does not sound like a good environment to be in." The aquatic mare stated with a soft shake of her head. As the two walked, she continued to listen to him, and she had to smile at his vow, nodding lightly, "It's a good goal to live by, but do remember that you don't have to spend your entire life redeeming yourself. Just by recognizing where you went wrong, and vowing to live your life differently goes a long way." She spoke softly as she said so, wanting to make sure her words were gentle, even if the topic was serious - but it was a concern she had, stories she had heard before. Of those who spent the rest of their life trying to redeem one action, that when they lay down and met with Death, they realized they hadn't lived their life at all. Redeeming one's self does not take a life time, it just takes a continued means of improving yourself. Still h wasn't look at her when he spoke, and she understood why when he spoke of expecting her to want nothing to do with him, to hate him for what he had done. She laughed softly, gently - the sound one of understanding rather than mockery.

"I find it's silly to make decisions based on the actions of one when they were young. We've all done . . . things we are not proud of," Her voice drops here, a slight fault, a faint hitch that tells a story all it's own, "And as you've already shown remorse, I don't see why treating you any different, or worse, shaming and dismissing you at fin for your previous actions would do you, or myself any good." She added with a gentle reassurance. Besides, she had her own secrets, her own history of pain and regret. She spent too much time regretting those decisions to worry about what was his former personality.

The two continue on their path now, following along the beach and edges of the forest a bit as the two walked, and she had to agree with the choice if it meant a less likely chance of being maimed, "Yes, maiming would have a drowning effect on this outing. I'd prefer to leave this island in one piece, with all my fins intact, thank you!" She declared with a soft smile, her gaze sweeping the forest for trouble, even as she walked comfortably with her new companion, and perhaps even a new friend.

Thoughts
Speech
@Sol Bestiam
Notes: They're friends now <3

Now I'm full of energy

Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

sol bestiam

Filter feeding 23 hours a day... The words seemed like another language for the stallion that had never set hoof in water more than necessary. "Um.. I think I will take shark." He laughed, shaking his head. "Though any predatory skills that I might have are more apt to be used defending myself and anyone else that needs it. I might be grumpy at times... a bit short tempered... but I dont try to eat others." Sol grinned as he spoke, shaking his head. He had no desire to cause more trouble than necessary... at least not at that point. Perhaps once he was situated a bit better, and if no one drove him out of the realm... But even then he wouldnt be the same cruel colt that he had been growing up. At her kind wish for luck, he dipped his head. No one had wished him anything but harm in longer than he cared to admit.

Sol snorted as he listened to her discuss playing in the shallows and incorrect mutations. "I am not completely sure how well I would do, even in the shallows... The fact that I tend to burn or boil things with my hooves, at least anything that gets too close, makes me wary of where I do step. And as for mutations... I am not sure how well wings work in the surf." He could just see it. The massive stallion would try to swim and end up drowning because he couldnt figure out how to use his wings in the water.

Sol loved the sound of a triton for a lead rather than ruler... or king, as his father insisted. It sounded exotic and less tyrant. "I joined the Dawn Court upon arriving... Though I am not sure that I would fit in anywhere. Most are either intimidated by me or simply avoid me." That being said, he hadn't actually spent much time in his court since arriving. Sol was insatiable in his desire to know the world around him and had spent quite a bit of time searching in the air and on hoof to figure things out.

Bel's wise words about his once home were honest and true, and Sol found himself nodding along. He paused at the idea of future generations and couldnt bite back the chuckle that escaped his ebony lips. "I suppose that future generations from me are not likely... Friendship is one thing, but not many mares would be willing to overlook my past when it comes to matters of romance. And I dont have any experience in it to begin with." Other than the one ill-fated attempt at a mate, Sol had avoided anything that could be considered romantic. He paused when she spoke of redeeming himself and frowned. "Hopefully I will agree with that someday." He said simply before shaking his head and navigating around a larger rock that had appeared when he was distracted.

Sol flicked an ear as he listened to her words of not being proud of things in the past. What had she done? What had been done to her? He resolutely decided not to pry and let it pass with a soft nod.

Sol chuckled at her reaction to maiming. "Agreed. I may not have fins, but wings tend to be fragile things as well. I suppose that should be a good goal. Explore and figure out this crazy island and keep appendages intact." He responded with a grin as he listened to the hiss of his hooves hitting the sand.

@Below Zero
"Speaking."
Notes: crappy post is crappy >.>
credits

Dusk Court Battlemage

Below Zero

The aqua-equine grinned in amusement, a flash of slightly sharper than average canines tucked behind the more normal fore-front teeth of her muzzle as she nodded once, "Exactly, sharks are a touch more interesting." She mused with a bubbling laugh, before nodding in faux-solemness, "Alas, what is a shark that has no predatory skills. Perhaps a shark isn't a best fit after all." She teased, dual eyes gleaming with amusement, "Defending others and yourself might be far better than violence just for the sake of violence, so I wouldn't worry too much about not being perfectly predatory." In truth, Bel thought any violence was a waste of life and energy, but defense another's sudden violence a useful tool to know. She knew from that same experience that a solid slam of her powerful tail fin was enough to pause a smaller predator, and cause some significant harm to an advancing predator.

The topic turning of playing in shallows and being of the water did produce a significant ping in her chest, the uncomfortable feeling of wanting, missing, the welcome embrace of the waters, the gentle touches of the seagrasses, the eager tugging and pulling of the currents. The subtle embrace of the ocean when a creature of her blessings returned to the underwater world. For a mare that came from the waters, she yearned often to return from time to time. She might never return to living fully beneath the waves, but even a short period of time below them was welcoming to the aquatic alien. But she could also understand another's desire NOT to go to the waters, case in point being the large winged stallion before her. Between the large feathered appendages, the hooves of molten heat, the body built for the air rather than the sea - she imagined he'd have one tough of a time indeed.

Bel had her own unique terms and slang, of course, but she never really thought much to how it might appear to the ears of another. When the other spoke of joining Dawn Court, she smiled faintly in reassurances, "It takes time for acceptance. If I went somewhere and was immediately welcomed by everyone I'd be worried why everyone seemed to be so welcoming. Patience will take you far. What might not feel like a good fit now might grow into one as everyone gets to know you. Don't count your pearls until the oysters have opened." She offered reassuringly.

The story of where Sol had come from was fairly upsetting to a mare who'd had her own rough past - although a whole different kind of rough than his own. At his comments of romance not being possible with his past, Bel snorted with a sharp shake of her head, "If those silly mares are unwilling to look past your past, and understand that your past doesn't define your future, than perhaps you're searching in the wrong pond for a mate." Her words were gentle, non-accusing; but to the point. He was dealt a bad hand in the past - but that didn't define who he was now, and the stallion he would grow into in future years yet. As Sol moved around another rock, it drew Bel's attention back to the landscape around them, where she herself moved around the rock as well. When the decision to explore but keep limbs attached was agreed upon, the female grinned with an easy feature of amusement, "It's decided then. Let's dig into the island's secrets!" She declared with another bubbling laugh as she launched herself into a loose canter down the path they were following, eyes eagerly peeled for what they might discover.

Thoughts
Speech
@Sol Bestiam
Notes: I think we can probably call this one done :3

Now I'm full of energy

Dusk Court Blacksmith

sol bestiam

"Exactly, sharks are a touch more interesting. Alas, what is a shark that has no predatory skills. Perhaps a shark isn't a best fit after all. Defending others and yourself might be far better than violence just for the sake of violence, so I wouldn't worry too much about not being perfectly predatory." Sol grinned at her and shook his head. "Violence for the sake of violence is just ridiculous. It destroys families and homes... pushes young stallions far from what they love and hold dear... I would rather take defensive measures and protect what I hold dear rather than be offensive over the littlest things. Much less stressful and chaotic." His comment was tinged with the hurt and regret that he carried with him.

"It takes time for acceptance. If I went somewhere and was immediately welcomed by everyone I'd be worried why everyone seemed to be so welcoming. Patience will take you far. What might not feel like a good fit now might grow into one as everyone gets to know you. Don't count your pearls until the oysters have opened." Another water phrase. The words made Sol smile and he nodded without realizing it. "I am guessing that is something along the lines of 'dont count your foals before they are born'." He snorted, golden eyes twinkling with amusement. It seemed that Bel had accepted him, and that was enough for him to feel much better about being in Novus and finding a place to settle down.

"If those silly mares are unwilling to look past your past, and understand that your past doesn't define your future, than perhaps you're searching in the wrong pond for a mate." Sol listened to her speak, realizing that she was the first one that he had told his past to that hadnt pushed him away as fast as she could. It was refreshing and made him feel warmer. He nearly blurted out words that would have made her do just that, shoving them deep within his chest and taking a deep breath. "Perhaps I have..." He murmured before she bounded off into the forest. Sol laughed and followed her, keeping his eyes open and alert for any danger that might come up.

@Below Zero
"Speaking."
Notes: and this one is closed <3 now to start more fun with these guys!!
credits

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »