Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - All in a sea of wonders

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

I FOUND MYSELF AT THE DOORSTEP OF FOREVER

Eik couldn’t quite wrap his mind around how far-flung and varied life was. How it first presented some travesty, then a wonder bright enough to outshine it, then another travesty… like it was always trying to outdo itself, when all Eik ever wanted was to breathe.

But love… and daughters! The unattainable dream made attainable, made easy– sometimes Eik could forget his first home was burnt beyond recognition and his second was in chains– sometimes all things seemed possible, if enough coincidences lined up like dominoes.

"Thank you, friend" He returns the touch to the cheek, and he smiles. To have Asterion by his side, and many more friends beside… Eik did not trust in hope but he lets it buoy him for a moment as the two stallions snake across the magical island,  swapping thoughts and feelings, stories and hopes and themselves, as they did that first day by the sea, as he could only hope they always would, no matter how life may give and take and change, always change.

Eik was happy, and sometimes there was nothing more to say than that.

AND I SAT DOWN TO WAIT FOR YOU

@Asterion the shortest little closer! Thank you thank you, I always adore writing them together :)

Time makes fools of us all

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »