Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Awake, Alive, and Ready to Play

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 91 — Threads: 10
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

[Image: dd9dwvx-01914f95-fae5-48c7-91e1-a5a8a9b6...acYG3gPGZU]

Dancing through the lovely spring morning, the appaloosa and friesian stallion moved like water. His neck was arched, muscles bulging with health and strength, and his ivory colored feathered legs snapped into the air. Vibrant green accents stood out against his night and snow pelt, his appaloosa blanket gleaming in the light and almost seeming to glow against the ebony of his coat. His tri-colored mane and tail seemed to float as he moved, wind mussing his fabulous tresses.

Sliding to a stop, Huehuecoyotl lifted into the air, forelegs pawing at the morning air and bright green hooves flashing as they struck out at nothing. He was in a new area, with new beings to find. The morning was gorgeous and seemed to be humming with promise. Falling back to earth, he trumpeted out a call to the world. He had arrived and felt that everyone was deserving to be with his fabulous presence. Or at least, until he found one that did not deserve it.

"Well... This place has potential... Potential for so much fun..." He smirked as he looked around him with vibrant cyan eyes. Settling into the earth, he stood like a statue and allowed the breeze to tickle his gleaming coat.

"Speaking."

Note to self:
Code:
<font style="color: #00aa00;"><b>"Speaking."</b></font>

Played by Offline kealie [PM] Posts: 74 — Threads: 16
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [she/her/hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Winter]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: Emotion Transference  |    Bonded: Vradara (Small Dragon)

she was powerful not because she wasn't scared,
but because she went on strongly despite her fear.
The grass grew in tussocks and flattened in waves with each gentle gust of wind, only to spring back to an upright position right after the zephyr subsided. It was nothing like the uniform green of the meadows back in her homeland. Each tuft was wild and slightly yellowing under the sun and between each, there was bare soil, baked and powdery. The hill that was a somber wintry green only a fortnight prior had become a garland of the most vibrant blooms. The buds were to grow into beautiful hues; they would be colors to weave dreams from - as delicate and gay as any silk. How they germinated within the loam, blossoming upwards into the sunshine and rain felt akin to magic for the girl, even though the process was well known and understood as otherwise.  This was only the third time Maerys had witnessed spring, but with each passing time, she understood more and more the miracle it all was.

As the sun birthed itself over the horizon in the distance, the plants all had a familiar sheen. The dew was silk over the expanse, the first gift to the new day. Even the gold of the daffodils and the rose of the peonies were not exempt from the early-morning moisture. As the temperature steadily rose, the dew would return to the loam or evaporate into the heavens, quenching new spring seed and furthering the thickening clouds overhead. Together with the nascent rays, it was a freshness, a natural wrapping upon the gift of a new day.

Maerys simply bore witness to it all, sedately walking over the blades, the tip of her tail wet from it all. A sense of calmness had overtaken her today, injecting her mind with quietness and composure. There was undeniable calamity in other regions of this fickle world, but she allowed herself this break from it all. She'd seen everything from the random bridge, sentient island, hulking statue, strange notes- she was glad to be back on the mainland. What was one mare to do with all these things she knew nothing about?

Maerys is drawn away from her thoughts by the baritone bellow of a stallion in the distance. She quickly glances at Vradara, her rose and peach mottled dragon who understands immediately what she should do. With a few grand swipes of her leathery wings, Vradara is flying about ten feet above the ground towards the sound. Maerys picks up her pace to a calm canter, her gate sweeping and grand but far from rushed.

Within moments she has found the stallion, daring and vibrant. Slowing to a walk, she approaches with a sense of caution. He was no larger than Maerys in height, but his blatant dense stockiness was not taken lightly. Vradara had already landed besides Maerys and approaches with marginally less caution than the equine, unafraid of the quadruped (her throat had been itching to call forth her fire, she would not hold off on this brute if he tried anything). Maerys had always been kinder, more benevolent, than her counterpart and chose to approach first with ease than violence.

"Mine own name is Maerys," she admits before glancing to the dragon that has settled beside her. "And others call her Vradara," the silver-haired girl offers, dipping her darkened face marginally out of respect for the stranger. "What summons thee to the plains this morn?"
M A E R Y S
code created by kaons and modified by me

Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

The sassy, independent, and rather snarky stallion started as the dragon flew at him. The rose and peach creature was striking and made him stare more than he should have with what it was. It took him a moment to notice the figure cantering behind the dragon and he spun to face them both head on. If this got ugly, at least head on would minimize the damage to his beautiful coat. The figure, a mare by the scent that traveled to him, slowed to a walk before the beautiful dragon landed beside her. Coy could not decide if he was afraid or in awe of the striking pair and lifted his head to watch them both with cyan eyes.

"Mine own name is Maerys, And others call her Vradara," Coy dipped his muzzle in greeting. "I am Huehuecoyotl... Though most call me Coyote or Coy." He introduced himself with a roguish smile and listened patiently to her next words with pricked ebony ears. Turning to the dragon, he dipped his head in respect of the beautiful reptilian form and power. "A pleasure to meet the both of you and be graced by your combined beauty." The last few words were followed by a playful wink.

"What summons thee to the plains this morn?" Coy paused and looked at the sky, then the creature beside the mare that looked like she belonged in the sunrise. "Learning about the land that I find myself a part of. Exploring the realm and enjoying being of full health and strength." It was as blunt and honest as he ever was, a hint to the vanity that seemed to annoy so many others. He loved being strong and healthy, knowing that he looked his best and was in perfect shape. His ebony and white coat gleamed in the morning sun and the green accents seemed to almost glow. "And you lovely ladies?" He asked with a smile, tilting his head as he watched the pair before him.

@Maerys
"Coy Sass"
Notes: <3

The BEST revenge... is to stay fabulous.

Coding Credit: Dyzzie - Image Credit: Chaosy

Dawn Court Soldier
Female [she/her/hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Winter]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: Emotion Transference  |    Bonded: Vradara (Small Dragon)

His title is Huehuecoyotl, though he claimed others call him Coy or Coyote, neither of which seemed to apply to him. Coyotes were captivating - choreographed motions, a group of canine dancers moving over the earth. They were glass ballerinas, piercing and fragile in the same breath. Spun too hard, the glass limbs may snap though sharp shards could cut deep and leave scars. Maerys did not feel as though this was an accurate description of the sturdy, densely built stallion before her. As her eyes trailed the curves of his body, she knew he was not coy either. Coy meant producing a pretense of modesty or innocence that was designated to be alluring, but there was no shyness before her. Conceivably he intended to be alluring, but it was far from subtle bashfulness.

A pleasure to meet the both of you and be graced by your combined beauty. The compliment fell from his lips smoothly and Vradara tilted her head curiously in response as Maerys simply let the words hit her. Through their bond, the silver-glossed babe knew exactly what Vradara felt and thought. It was a cackle the dragon released through her mind, uninterested in the stallion and his sweet words. The scaled creature could not be won over by a compliment, though Maerys proved to be less iron-clad than her companion, her lips bearing the semblance of a smile, just enough to show that she is enjoying her thoughts, whatever they may be.

When she asks what he is doing, he claims he is simply exploring - which is something Maerys could relate to. He returned her inquiry, curious as to what the girl and the dragon were doing shortly after dawn in the plains. Her eyes move across the scenery, admiring the tall grass that the wind dances through so sweetly. The low murmur of crickets in the blades is soothing to the girl who has spent much of her life among plains just as grand as this one. "I know not," she admits initially before her eyes resettle on the man before her. "Resting." Her lilt is sharply foreign though it is distinctly sweet-sounding. "Aye, the world is deeply hectic - a break is lovely."
M A E R Y S

@Huehuecoyotl oof, definitely not my best work

Dawn Court Apothecary

Coy watched the pair of females, eyes alight as he did. The dragon seemed less than impressed by his compliment, but Maerys had a smile that graced her features. Yep, that smile softened her and made her look like a goddess of dawn, particularly in the light of the early morning.

"I know not, Resting. Aye, the world is deeply hectic - a break is lovely." Coy nodded as he listened. "Resting is always good... Too much stress ages and makes the world less pleasant to be in." That was something he has believed all his life and led to him being more apt to find fun rather than worry about what was coming next. He had watched the ravages of worry on his mother and knew how debilitating it could be to a beautiful and healthy being.

"Are you lovely ladies part of a specific court, or wanderers like myself? I am rather new to the realm, so I am trying to figure out how everyone relates to one another." And that was true. Huehuecoyotl was fascinated by how beings interacted and what social pressures did to such interaction. Did the courts hate each other? Did they ostracize those that didnt dedicate themselves to a court? A small part of him wished to be able to shift into a raven and spy on the world from the air. Not to mention that such abilities would be hilarious for pranking others.

@Maerys
"Coy Sass"
Notes: No worries love. Mine wasnt much better lol

The absolute BEST revenge...
is to stay fabulous.

Coding: Dyzzie - Image: Chaosy

Dawn Court Soldier

She agreed with Huehuecoyotl, the world was certainly less agreeable when stress was near. This is the reason she cherished the tranquil days - the ones where the ticking of time was silent and slow and the birdsong came so sweetly, almost tangible, like softly dusted sugar. It was easy to sit upon the clouds that were her dreams as they condensed to form various ideas and perspectives that quenched her mind. It was on quiet days, much like this one, that ideas came from simple things: the heavens, the soil, and the creatures between. "Aye," she began, agreeing with him. "And this world is so easily unpleasant already," she added, her voice as warm as an early summer breeze and steadier than even her own robust heartbeat.

The stallion asked for her court, something Maerys had yet to be asked by anyone. Most of the time she announced her court along with her name or those she spoke to were of the same court and such a formality was skipped over. Vibrant and curious, he claims himself to be a vagabond and Maerys can't help but wonder why? Did he not find security and support in a herd? When she had joined Dawn Court she instantly had thirty or more horses she esteemed fully; she promptly had comrades with the same drive and ambition as herself. "Dawn Court soldier," comes her initial response. After just a brief pause she adds: "why didst thee choose not to join a court?" The inquiry arises from interest rather than judgment as it may have from others. The girl respected his decision to wander alone, though she would never advise it.

As most knew (or would find out soon), Novus could be as dangerous and beguiling as it could be safe. Maerys had been warned by several of monsters that lurked among them - hidden in the shadows of the world around them. In her fleeting time here, she'd seen a volcano that appeared and disappeared in a matter of days, leaving behind an entire island that had not previously existed. She'd seen joy, grief, wonder, and terror. She'd witnessed a myriad of equine whose colors she did not know could even exist on them. She'd seen some with fins, horns, wings, and deformities that both were an ailment and a gift. Magic also coursed through the bones of most of the beasts that resided here. Novus seemed expressly more irregular than most areas, which only fueled Maerys' desire to be in a court.

The girl, both brave and fairly independent, could simply just not fathom that some chose to walk alone in these lands.
M A E R Y S

Dawn Court Apothecary

Huehuecoyotl
Perfectly Fabulous in every way

"Aye, And this world is so easily unpleasant already," Coy nodded in agreement and smiled. The mare before him seemed young, though she was strikingly beautiful and her speech was a joy to listen to. So unusual and intriguing. "Exactly. So taking time to enjoy the world without worry or headache is such a pleasure. Another being can make it either better or worse, depending on the personalities of those involved and if they were to clash." Maerys was not one that he clashed with. He actually found that he truly was enjoying her company and the easy going discussion that they were having. One internal voice was telling him to flirt and see if she could be up for more fun, but the larger one inside was saying to enjoy the morning and company and perhaps make a friend rather than just annoying her.

"Dawn Court soldier, why didst thee choose not to join a court?" Coy tilted his head as he thought about it. "It would be easier to say that I had bad experiences with groups... but that doesnt even fit. I guess I always felt alone even when I was in my original herd. I was the only one my age, no siblings or friends to speak of. When I turned 3, I decided to leave and never felt the desire to belong anywhere again. Perhaps having connections might change that, but right now... I have nothing in particular holding me anywhere. I enjoy feeling free, though it can definitely be lonely at times." He mused aloud, realizing that he had never really thought about it before then. "Why did you decide to become a soldier? I have a half sister that has been in Novus for most of her life. She dedicated her life to being a soldier to try to help others that cannot help themselves." He barely saw his little sister, but then he had not decided to live in her world until recently.

"Sass"
@Maerys
Notes: omg I am so sorry about delay love!

Table by Kaons and edited by Chaosy - Art by Chaosy

Dawn Court Soldier

As he spoke of personalities clashing, Maerys could not help but remember what that truly looked like, when a glance, touch, or one small comment could stir a hurricane of harsh and horsed insults. Arguing was when each individuals' Pandora's boxes were unsealed, sending each word full speed to shatter the other's soul into millions of broken, bitter shards.

Arguing - the serious variety, with words that could not be taken back and feelings that could not be mended - was cruel because no relationship was ironclad in the beginning and it would never return to the solid-state it once was. "Aye, 'tis true," she nodded slowly. "I've seen many examples of this in mine own life," but she offered no further. (She never thought it was her place to share other people's business anyway.)

Her regard had pushed her to inquire of his choice in alignment and it seemed he was more than willing to divulge the information she so curiously sought with no qualms - which she was silently grateful for.

But his answer was more heartbreaking than he makes it sound; he weaves a tale of loneliness and separation with her words.

It is often said that once one has mastered being alone, they are ready for the company of others, but that it is not an easy and effortless transition. Maerys had been alone once, when she had been transitioning between Varak and Novus, and seeing how everyone's life journey was separated from her own - when the only heart beating around her was her own for so long - the switch wasn't something she'd been ready for.

She wished she could tell the stallion that if the reason he was alone was that he'd never connected to others in the right way, the right time, or the right setting and that he'd learn eventually that being fully alone was... well, not all that great. The life of a vagabond was a complicated and difficult life and it only worked for a select few, the majority just did not know how beautiful life was with constant companionship. Then again, Maerys figured he probably had friends that helped him with the loneliness he felt at times. "If thee would ever endeavor to see Delumine in the future, it would be mine own honor to show thee around," she mused kindly. "If not to show thou court life, at least to show thee an area not before witnessed by thine own eye."

He is quick to ask her about her rank - soldier - and to mention his half-sister. Maerys wonders quietly about why she chose her rank and there are too many answers to narrow it down to one. She liked the lack of chaos that the soldier's duties brought to her. She liked having a team that she could benefit and that could benefit her. She liked that she knew she could protect herself. She liked knowing that she could avenge her family. She liked a lot of things about it. The position gave her sanity, something to focus on instead of spending days wondering what was happening in Varak and if she should return. It helped her make a positive difference in her court which could spread outwards through Novus which is something she always wanted to do. Why shouldn't she back a court that valued morality and neutrality? Delumine wasn't corrupted by the horrible things other courts could be and focused itself on the pursuit of knowledge and good-naturedness which was a cause Maerys found herself devoted to time and time again.

"You know when something doth feel so perfect thy heart throbs? 'Tis when thee know thou art doing what thee loves and... this feeling flutters through thee as if thou art an excited child." She felt at peace as she spoke; the girl believed everything she said wholeheartedly. "There art vast and various reasons I has't chosen to be a soldier, one answer cannot offer justice." She agreed with his sister and more, if it was possible.
M A E R Y S

@Huehuecoyotl absolutely so sorry for the wait :'c

[Image: maerys-pixel.png]

x

force and magic always permitted

Dawn Court Apothecary

Perfectly Fabulous in every way

"If thee would ever endeavor to see Delumine in the future, it would be mine own honor to show thee around, If not to show thou court life, at least to show thee an area not before witnessed by thine own eye." Coy listened to her and nodded. "I think that I would be honored to have you show me the court that you obviously love so much. If nothing else, it might sway me to be more open minded in terms of the life that most in Novus live. I may be alone now, but I do hope to make a solid connection eventually and that could lead to me giving up my vagabond life." Coy found that he was being more honest with himself and Maerys than he usually was with others. There as a part of his heart that was completely walled off from most. A part that he found terrifying to share with others. This mare, and the tiny doe creature, were the only ones outside of his sister that he felt at all comfortable with in a way that could lead to a stronger connection.

"You know when something doth feel so perfect thy heart throbs? 'Tis when thee know thou art doing what thee loves and... this feeling flutters through thee as if thou art an excited child. There art vast and various reasons I has't chosen to be a soldier, one answer cannot offer justice." Coy found himself smiling as he listened to her musical words. "The way you describe your love for being a soldier is intoxicating. It sounds like a love story, though with yourself rather than someone that has entered your life. I now find that I have something to seek to become more than just the rogue that I tend to be." He responded, the smile lightening his voice as his vivid blue eyes twinkled with soft happiness.

"Sass"
@Maerys
Notes: Sorry for delay love!! <3
CREDIT to Maxxie for image