Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - What Fun Can We Find?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 91 — Threads: 10
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

"Deer. Deer! I. Am. A. DEER. It's not my fault some foreign magic messed with my body. This is NOT what I should look like. I am a deer! A proud doe, not what ever freak of a horse thing i look like now. You think it's gorgeous? It's not plain or boring?" Coy did everything in his power not to laugh at her antics, finding her adorable as she insisted that she was a dear. Her little hops nearly broke him and he could not stop the small smile that escaped."Proud... That you should be. Freak... not at all. You are unique and beautiful and special. Nothing plain or boring about being unique and different from the masses. If anything, that makes you more beautiful and alluring." He vowed softly, his eyes trained on her as he spoke. He was being completely honest as he spoke, and the fat head, as she had so eloquently put it, was very honest when it came to beauty... even if it was his own.

"Yes, it was; especially as I'd asked about your welfare as soon as I realized I had ran into someone. Being verbally attacked for an accident that I had immediately apologized and asked about was more than just dramatic, but rude when paired with the accusations that I didn't care. It's whatever, you had been what I'm sure must have felt like being under attack." Coy frowned. He felt awful for how atrocious he had been to the little doe. The idea that he had called her a doe made him want to laugh. Clearly he believed that she was a deer down deep in her heart. "You are right... I acted abominably and I apologize again for my actions. Feeling like I was under attack was absolutely no reason for that outburst and I hope that someday you will forgive me." His words were soft and sincere as he spoke, his head dropping slightly. "Besides... I couldnt live with myself if the most beautiful doe in Novus hated me..." The final bit was said with a wink as he lifted his head and eyed her.

"Don't call me darling." Coy flicked an ear and eyed her. The disdain in her words was nearly painful to hear, though he couldnt tell if it was him or the words themselves. "Hmmm... not darling... Perhaps you shall just be a goddess then." He tried not to chuckle as he spoke, cyan eyes twinkling with amusement. That was one thing that tended to annoy others... Coy was apt to respond to disdain and annoyance by making things worse rather than backing off.

"It's really not an excuse. You were extremely rude. It's not like I had purposely stabbed you, it had been an accident that you blew way out of proportion, accusing me of not caring and insulting my upbringing all in the same breath. I really did see something any here. I'm no novice adventurer. Especially to caves. I don't scare easily in them, but hungry teeth and eyes that shine like that of predator usually mean I should run away fast. I don't make a habit of running wildly through caves - just so you know." Coy fought to keep the grin off of his face, most likely failing miserably as she continued. "Sure you dont... I think that running wildly though caves is your preferred form of exercise. I mean, usually, caves are fairly empty of bodies and it is more fun to run like you are scared than just to run around. Particularly when others can see... I mean, you run in fear and everyone else is instantly terrified and looking for what ever is about to jump out and eat them." Coy did his best to seem completely innocent and earnest in his words, though there had been a few instances that he had done just that to get a rise out of the others around him. Pranks were hilarious and tons of fun... until they backfired... which they had a tendency to do...

"So, uhm, just keep an eye out for it, and if you see anything that looks like it wants to eat it, say something so we can run - and uh, stay out of the path of my horn, I guess too." Coy watched her, having a feeling that he was missing something. "I think I can do that." He said softly, fighting his desire to try to comfort her. Heavens knew that she did not want his comfort after he had royally infuriated her. She probably was debating finding some deep, dark hole to shove him into! And honestly, he didnt blame her if she was. His own mother would be furious at him and his dumb mouth! He murmured another apology as he slid into step just behind her.

@Callynite - @
"Inserting hoof into mouth... as usual..."

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
Cally stared at the male in obvious confusion as he watched her with a small smile. What had him so amused, she couldn't fathom . . . she was trying to stress a very serious point, a key aspect to her general being. A reason she is the way she is, or rather who she was. But of course, he had to startle her by complimenting the horn - little did she know that he had more to say. His words were soft, almost vow-like, his eyes trained fully on her as he used words she had NEVER heard in conjunction to herself. Unique. Beautiful. Special. She blinked a few times before suddenly cocking her head to the side and visibly looking around, "Okay, so there's no one around but me, so clearly you really where speaking to me . . . ." Her words were slow, as if trying to talk out a very difficult subject before finally rolling her shoulders in a shrug and actually dismissing his words out of hand, believing them to not be true, or at least not accurate, "Look you don't need to suck-up with fancy words and false sincerity. I'm well aware I'm not flashy enough to catch a second glance. Unique and different might be a good way to describe me, but save the fancier sweet-nothings for a mare you're actually trying to woo." She didn't bother trying to explain that she wasn't worth the breath to give such compliments anyway. Her mother had made certain the little brown fawn grew up understanding just how undesirable brown, and plainness was.

Sure, now a days, Cally certainly wasn't as plain as she had been, but even in gaining some new markings, it was still just a very, very wide variety of browns. Browns of every shade dotted different areas of her pelt, and often as she looked into her reflection she couldn't help but laugh bitterly at how royally that foreign magic had changed her. Gone were her chances to become something beautiful and vibrant. Gone was her special brand of magic, and her chosen life path of druid-ism. Gone was all of her more favored possessions. She often felt lucky that she had managed to locate her satchel and cloak after digging around the area she'd been dropped in. But no sign of her staff, knife or bow and arrows could be discovered . . . and that staff had been painful to lose after having carved it herself, and that didn't account for the hours and months put in to bonding with the tree that had gifted her with the limb it had been made from. So much of who, and what she was . . . lost.

Thankfully atleast this conversation was slowly being salvaged. They had come to an understanding of just what had gone wrong, or rather where they both had seemed to over step bounds - even if the stallion had pushed more barriers than she had. She glanced towards him when admitting he had acted abominably to her, before asking for her forgiveness, stating that he couldn't live with the most beautiful doe of Novus hating him. This time her eyes half narrowed, before her chin jutted up, "More like the only doe in Novus. At least I haven't met any other deer here yet . . . ." She paused, clearly glowing thoughtful and a little hopeful at the thought of other deer, or at least deer hybrids (like she'd been transfigured it into).

And then he had to come up with another nickname for her and she stared at him in confusion, "Why would you call me a goddess? I'm not a goddess. I'm an ex-druid, but not a goddess." Her expression was of innocent confusion as she tried to figure out where he might have her confused with a deity, and what deity could she be confused from? Her people didn't really have deities, and she knew nothing about these ones in Novus. She honestly wasn't sure what to make of the comment, and never for the life of her would she assume it was intended as an offered term of endearment. You needed experience with that sort of things, and she hadn't had softness directed towards her like that since her father when she was knee high to the robin.

She tilted her head when he spoke again, and she immediately started to huff, even as a part of her recognized his teasing, but she would meet it in kind, "Oh really. And I bet you just LOVE sleeping in the middle of caves, making sure to get in the way of any wayward traveler, and then accusing them of murder when they so much as trip of your. You probably take joy in being practically invisible in the dark." She retorted, even as a faint smile tugged at the corner of her lightly hued muzzle. She stared him down, "Frankly, i think running through a forest to be more fun, when you can learn to leap and lunge around the trees and their roots. Running through a forest where I might run into a wall and get my horn stuck in a crack again - no fun, thank you very much." One had to wonder, with the casual comment, if the little doe made a habit out of getting her horn stuck in obscure locations. No, no she did not. But that didn't stop it from happening.

She awkwardly gave him directions while starting her exploration back into the cave system, and nodded once when he commented on thinking he could do it. Good, least they run into trouble . . . and really she couldn't say no to a questing party anyway. She headed into the cave with him soon following and she quietly made her way, expertly moving around lose rocks and avoid jagged pieces of sharp stone jutting up from the floor or hanging from the roof. She glanced back occasionally to give him warning for his step, before her eyes suddenly caught sight of a slight light in the distance, and instantly the little doe's eyes were brightening as she glanced back at the stallion, "Alright, keep up if you can, but be careful. Slide on one loose rock and you might not get up from it." And then with out warning the little deer was breaking out into a quick run, expertly weaving around rocks and loose footing areas until coming up to the cavern filled with the luminescent bugs she'd been hoping to find. Her eyes lit up as she looked around, before her horn glowed a vibrant green and her saddlebag flap opened. She rummaged through it before growling in despair at another item that had been clearly left behind by the stupid portal of magic. Where was a vial when she needed one! She glanced around before finding a large rock. The same glow of her horn slowly encased the rock as she lifted it up and slammed it against some of the bugs, whispering a silent prayer and apology with each one, but successfully coating the rock with glowing bug bits. Finally stepping away from the glowing rock, she offered a final prayer of thanks and apology to the bug colony for the sacrifices and silently promised to make sure she had vials next time.

She returned to the odd hued stallion with the now glowing rock in her possession as she glanced at him, "The glow on it won't last long, it would have been better if I could have snagged some of the glow bugs to keep alive, so let's use it to the best of our ability while we have it and see what we can find in this cave." She glanced around him to where the path split of into two directions, "So, left or right?"

"Speech"

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

"Okay, so there's no one around but me, so clearly you really where speaking to me . . . . Look you don't need to suck-up with fancy words and false sincerity. I'm well aware I'm not flashy enough to catch a second glance. Unique and different might be a good way to describe me, but save the fancier sweet-nothings for a mare you're actually trying to woo." Coy smirked as he watched her sort through her thoughts. "First things first, little one. I dont say things that are false... I have a tendency to be brutally honest. Second, you are definitely flashy and beautiful... Third, who says I am not trying..." His last phrase was paired with a wink as he watched her face. For a deer, she had a very expressive face that was like reading a good book.

"More like the only doe in Novus. At least I haven't met any other deer here yet . . . ." Coy tilted his head as he mused... "Fair enough... Though if they are anywhere near as sassy as you, it might be a good thing that you are the only one." He teased, eyes alight with amusement as he spoke. 

"Why would you call me a goddess? I'm not a goddess. I'm an ex-druid, but not a goddess." Oh he was enjoying her innocent confusion. "Perhaps before you were a druid... and from the sounds of it, you were also not appreciated as you should have been. But here, you could be the goddess that claims the heart of a stallion and makes him finally believe in worshiping... And willing to show just how he knows how to worship..." His eyes, so easily read by one that actually wanted to, were trained on her. A smirk crossed his face, not ready to actually commit to anything by any means, but enjoying the chance to throw her off of her game with his flirtatious ways. And he did love to flirt with anyone that he deemed beautiful.

"Oh really. And I bet you just LOVE sleeping in the middle of caves, making sure to get in the way of any wayward traveler, and then accusing them of murder when they so much as trip of your. You probably take joy in being practically invisible in the dark." Coy laughed as he listened. "While my reaction was a bit extreme... It did give me the chance to meet such a gloriously beautiful doe... If given the chance... I might just do it all over again." He winked as he grinned at her. Yeah... he had been an ass. But at least things seemed to be settling down and looking up.

"Frankly, i think running through a forest to be more fun, when you can learn to leap and lunge around the trees and their roots. Running through a forest where I might run into a wall and get my horn stuck in a crack again - no fun, thank you very much." Coy nearly choked on the laugh that tried to escape. "Sounds like that horn has caused you plenty of trouble... Does someone enjoy sticking that where it doesnt belong? Your favorite way to get an introduction, is it?" He teased, fully calm and back to his usual self. Coy was the kind of stallion that enjoyed the lighter side of life, playing mostly harmless pranks, teasing everyone, flirting with beautiful beings...

"Alright, keep up if you can, but be careful. Slide on one loose rock and you might not get up from it." Coy snorted as he followed her through the cave, keeping pace and watching carefully to try to see any possible hazards. "If I do fall, you might have to nurse me back to health... and I expect your bedside manner to be much better than before." He stated, eyes twinkling as his voice filled with amusement. When she stopped, he watched her movements and felt his eyes widen as her horn glowed green. That was something new...

"The glow on it won't last long, it would have been better if I could have snagged some of the glow bugs to keep alive, so let's use it to the best of our ability while we have it and see what we can find in this cave. So, left or right?" Coy filed her glow away for future teasing and nodded. "Hmmm... Well... I took my nap on the right side of the tunnel and that turned out so well... So why not. Right?" He answered as he stood beside the little doe and looked down at her. The glow from the rock lit up her face enough that he could read the features and it made him smile.

@Callynite
"Coy Sass"
Notes: -facepalm- Really sassy butt?!

The BEST revenge... is to stay fabulous.

Coding Credit: Dyzzie - Image Credit: Chaosy

Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
The little doe was easily in a situation she had never been in before. From being almost violently (though not physically) accused of practical horse-slaughter with her horn, to now . . . dare she call it flirting. He did realize they were of different species right? Well, mostly different species. She was fairly certain she was much more dear than horse, and this wasn’t her natural form anyways. It was just a . . . . corrupted mutant of a body – similar enough to her own for a nod of acknowledge, different enough that she didn’t like looking at it for long periods of time. Too tall. Too long-limbed. Too bulky. Too . . . . horsey. Still, he appeared to be flirting if his next response was anything to take into account. She merely frowned at him, though a touch of amusement (and a very small pinch of skepticism) danced in her emerald gaze. He might not say things that were false, but his words were opinionated, and unfortunately for him, it was not an opinion she shared. While true her new form might be a bit more flashy, it was still brown and it wasn’t hers. He then reiterated the point, calling her flashy and beautiful, and suggesting that he was trying to woo.

Her response was paused, on held as she thought over what to say to his words, before slowly speech came to her. “While I appreciate your apparent honesty, your opinions differ from mine . . . but, do understand, what you see isn’t what I want to see. You see a flashy and beautiful doe-horse hybrid. I see a monster encasing what I’m supposed to be.” Her smile turned soft, almost bittersweet, “So, thank you . . . . but, I’m afraid I’m biased against my . . . façade.” Yes, façade, a mask obscuring what she really was from the sight of Novus. An equine-fix to what had been at one point a pretty but understated doe. “And, I’d suggest against attempting to woo this doe, we are of different species . . . er, mostly, and I hardly imagine we’re that suited for each other.” She mused, contemplating the obvious differences in personality, before grinning at him and winking as she added, “Besides, you never know, I might accidentally stab you more fatally, especially if you become bothersome and annoying once more. Mind you, it’d still be an accident . . . of course.” She teased with obvious humor.

Fake outrage crossed her face, as she posed one hoof in the air, her tail perking straight up in false surprise and indigination, “Sassy? Me? Why I never. I most certainly am not, nope; not a sassy hair on this pelt of mine. I’m the best behaved doe in the whole wild world.” Unless you asked her mother of course, who had a much more volatile opinion on her daughter’s mannerisms, with the words heathen, wild, and uncultured popping up just as often as messy and unmannered. The untamable comment might be taken as a compliment by the brown doe, however. Her expression does drop for a moment, as the image of the deer she left behind when crossing the portal came to thought. “Although I wouldn’t be opposed to some of those familiar cervinae faces.” She admitted, her tone softer and wistful at the thought of the missed friends.

Goddess, Ex-Druid, the entire little flirting comment both appeared to be something that neither fully understand, for as soon as he spoke of it sounding as if she had been un-appreciated, her ears fell back and her eyes turned hard, and cold, “My people, my companions had great appreciation for my talents and abilities. It’s the cold and cruel magic that brought me from my home that twisted and locked my powers far from my reach. That’s the reason I’m an ex-druid, because what is a druid without her magic.” Her tone was cold, hollow and bitter; a sudden and sharp difference from what it had been before. Her body was still, coiled and tense, that of a hunter ready to chase after its’ prey and maul it down. Having something so powerful, so pure, so her trapped beyond her reach did not make well for the being that was once Cally, and it had changed a part of her, twisting in in coldness and hatred that amplified with each day that she felt that hollow-emptiness in her chest where her magic was supposed to be, should have been. It wasn’t her, but it was the her that the corrupted, horrid magic of that portal had made her into.

His next words lightened her, softening her eyes again, distracting her from that hollowed piece of her soul, distracting her from the silence she was surrounded in, the lack of song that should have been emanating from the world around her, distracted her from the despair the emptiness created. She felt a sudden surge of gratitude for the stallion. “Hmm, I don’t know if I’d like claiming the hearts of stallions, forcing worship from them.” A gleam entered her eyes, playful teasing and carefree, “I prefer stags anyways. Mhmm, nothing hotter than a full set of antlers, you know.” She taunted playfully, expression emphasizing the teasing to her voice, “I’ve yet to see what makes a stallion better than a buck, and after all, I am but a doe, not a mare.” Kinda, mostly, in heart at least.

The playful teasing that was slowly starting to be drawn up between the two help further chase the knowledge of her lost abilities and being from her mind, letting herself fully become distracted by the stallion just as she had been when he’d showered her in angry comments and accusations. He was nothing if not demanding of ones’ full attention. And when trying to avoid painful memories, it could be easier to cave to those demands. She did roll her eyes at his comment, before raising one delicately arched brow, highlighting the lighter pigment of color around her expressive eyes, “Now, now, hold one. Wait one moment. If given the chance, and you sleep in the middle of my path, I cannot be held responsible for any other flesh wounds received, given that you cannot appear to learn from your past actions.” She warned with an amused expression crossing her delicate features, “And I’d hate to be accused of marring your, what was it you used ‘glorious pelt’ by a giant hole in your shoulder next time.” She teased, an almost wickedly amused expression on her face, as if imagining the scene such a would wound would cause with him, made her wonder if his cries and howls of the destruction of his pelt would scare a would be attacker into withdrawing and yielding in a fight. Having been on the receiving end of ‘look what you did to my beauty’ rants, she imagined it would.

Her gaze narrows, and she tossed her short and choppy mane back with a huff, “It does NOT cause me trouble, I just . . . tend to forget about it. I wasn’t born with it after all. And I don’t ENJOY sticking it where it doesn’t belong! No one likes having to explain to a laughing friend why they’re stuck in a tree, 5 feet in the air, by the embedded horn . . . er, not that I would know from experience or anything. Just hypothetically speaking and all.” That was NOT a story she wanted to have to share, and she gratefully grabbed at the next topic with both hooves only to wish she could shove it back again, once more rolling her eyes at him, “Hmm, me, nurse you back to health? On an unrelated note, what might be the poisonous berries in the area?” Her smile showed not honesty in the question asked, and her nose had wrinkled in distaste even as she spoke it, “On a more serious note, you really don’t want to rely on me as a nurse-doe. Not my talent range. I’d likely forget that you’re supposed to be needing nursing and would go rushing off on some new adventure and come back days later to see you succumbing to dehydration and starvation. Not a good way to go, I’d assume. And my bedside manner would be horrible.” She teased.

Creating the small stone of light from the natural elements had not been her favorite thing to do, killing those innocent creatures – and the green glow around her horn was the only remaining effect of her once previous powers – the simple color of her magic visualized. At least one basic thing remained, perhaps she should be grateful for that . . . but it just wasn’t enough. He did choose a tunnel to travel though, rolling her eyes at his explanation for a choice, even as she started to head down the right tunnel passage with an amused shake of her head, “Well, come along then; stallion. Best not be left behind in the dark; and we can see what dangers and adventures live in these cave systems."

"Speech"

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Dawn Court Apothecary

“While I appreciate your apparent honesty, your opinions differ from mine . . . but, do understand, what you see isn’t what I want to see. You see a flashy and beautiful doe-horse hybrid. I see a monster encasing what I’m supposed to be. So, thank you . . . . but, I’m afraid I’m biased against my . . . façade. And, I’d suggest against attempting to woo this doe, we are of different species . . . er, mostly, and I hardly imagine we’re that suited for each other. Besides, you never know, I might accidentally stab you more fatally, especially if you become bothersome and annoying once more. Mind you, it’d still be an accident . . . of course.” Coy grinned unrepentant, shaking his tri-colored head and laughing. "Oh Cally dear... Last time I checked, I was able to form my own opinions about your beauty... and I am willing to overlook your hatred for your self. Or at least for your appearance. I know nothing about what you went through, but I do NOT see a monster. I see a tiny, sassy, spunky little creature that is possessed by elegance and heart that I would love to see more of. Perhaps the difference of species is what suits us perfectly... Heaven knows that your typical horse becomes boring and dull after a while." He spoke softly, his voice carrying easily in the cave. "And of course the next wound will be an accident... I guess I should just accept that my pelt will be riddled with holes from driving you insane..." He looked innocent as he stated that he was going to be driving her nuts whenever possible.

“Sassy? Me? Why I never. I most certainly am not, nope; not a sassy hair on this pelt of mine. I’m the best behaved doe in the whole wild world. Although I wouldn’t be opposed to some of those familiar cervinae faces.” Coy laughed at her sarcasm, cyan eyes twinkling. "Uh huh... best behaved... not sassy... Have you found anyone that believes that, beautiful?" He asked, laughing and watching her face. Yep, he was enjoying being able to read her face and her emotions. "Unfortunately, I cannot help with familiar faces, but perhaps I can become one that you like to spend time with..." He offered, a pang of disappointment at the knowledge that she wanted others that she was missing and that he was not one of those.

“My people, my companions had great appreciation for my talents and abilities. It’s the cold and cruel magic that brought me from my home that twisted and locked my powers far from my reach. That’s the reason I’m an ex-druid, because what is a druid without her magic.” Coy frowned and dipped his head, dropping his gaze from her. "It seems that I have made a mistake again.. I didnt mean to imply that you werent appreciated in general. I just meant your beauty. I do hope that you find the key to that lock and can possibly become happy with yourself once again. If I can help, I would be honored to be of assistance." He said, still looking chagrined as he turned his gaze back to her. "Just because your magic is locked away for now, does not make you still a druid. There is more to it than just magic. It is a way of life and thinking that you still take part in. If nothing else, you have the heart of a druid." He said softly, tilting his head to watch her as he spoke.

“Hmm, I don’t know if I’d like claiming the hearts of stallions, forcing worship from them. I prefer stags anyways. Mhmm, nothing hotter than a full set of antlers, you know. I’ve yet to see what makes a stallion better than a buck, and after all, I am but a doe, not a mare.” Coy chuckled, glad that she was away from the sorrow over her lost magic, at least for now. "Oh honey... You do not need to force worship from some stallions." He winked, pausing as he recognized the latter part of her comment. "I see... so I will have to worry about stallions that you find with antlers..." Coy let loose a dramatic sigh, looking like his world had ended. "One failing that I cannot fix, nor did I know that I had it." He stated mournfully.

“Now, now, hold one. Wait one moment. If given the chance, and you sleep in the middle of my path, I cannot be held responsible for any other flesh wounds received, given that you cannot appear to learn from your past actions. And I’d hate to be accused of marring your, what was it you used ‘glorious pelt’ by a giant hole in your shoulder next time.” Coy laughed. "Where is the fun in learning from mistakes when if you hadnt made them... well... perhaps I wouldnt have met such a lovely, sweet little doe." Yes, he was teasing and referencing her comment about being the best behaved doe. "Fine... I shall learn... Just means I will have to hope and pray that I dont miss out on such scintillating conversation." He was smiling and chuckling as he spoke, eyes alight with happiness.

“It does NOT cause me trouble, I just . . . tend to forget about it. I wasn’t born with it after all. And I don’t ENJOY sticking it where it doesn’t belong! No one likes having to explain to a laughing friend why they’re stuck in a tree, 5 feet in the air, by the embedded horn . . . er, not that I would know from experience or anything. Just hypothetically speaking and all.” She tried to pass that off and hurry past the story, but Coy grinned. "Stuck in a tree... Five feet in the air... There has to be more to that story than you are saying.... Like how in the world did you get your horn in a tree that high? You are a short little thing!" Coy could barely breathe as he spoke, struggling to keep from laughing hysterically a the mental image. In his mind's eye, he could see her delicate body hanging from a tree and the frustration and outrage that must have been on her face at the time. "Nope... No trouble at all..." Coy choked out, tears leaking from his eyes as he laughed.

“Hmm, me, nurse you back to health? On an unrelated note, what might be the poisonous berries in the area? On a more serious note, you really don’t want to rely on me as a nurse-doe. Not my talent range. I’d likely forget that you’re supposed to be needing nursing and would go rushing off on some new adventure and come back days later to see you succumbing to dehydration and starvation. Not a good way to go, I’d assume. And my bedside manner would be horrible.” Coyote looked at her in horror. "You would leave me to go on an adventure and let me starve?!" He huffed out a sigh and shook his head. "Nope... no relying on you to nurse me back to health... I think dying of injuries would be preferable to starving!" He shook his head and took a moment to glance at his wound. It seemed that it would heal well, already scabbing over with no signs of infection. He paused... Who knew where all that horn had been! She just admitted to stabbing a poor defenseless tree with it!

“Well, come along then; stallion. Best not be left behind in the dark; and we can see what dangers and adventures live in these cave systems." Coy flicked an ear, shooting her a mild glare. "I do have a name, tiny... And I was even polite enough to give it to you... So there is no need to call me stallion. Dont worry, I will keep you safe, little deer." He teased with the last sentence, shaking his head and striding beside her.

@Callynite
"Coy Sass"
Notes: All the giggles while writing this post XD

The absolute BEST revenge...
is to stay fabulous.

Coding: Dyzzie - Image: Chaosy

Dawn Court Sovereign

Callynite
Cally was growing steadily more comfortable with the male before her, even if their meeting hadn't been . . . ideal. It had been a different kind of experience for the little doe (though she couldn't blame him, or the situation . . . and she was sadly used to difficulties arising from her horn). Still, she wasn't sure what to make of the flirting. It was just . . . not something she was used to. It was a foreign interaction. She was typically the one introducing a lovestruck buck to a friend, not dealing with the flirting herself. The male was still grinning at her, laughing even when he commented on being able to form his own opinions. His reference to her shortened name did surprise her briefly. She'd only introduced herself as Callynite after all. She smiled faintly, almost awkwardly, "Oh, I can assure you, I definitely do not hate myself . . . but I am not fond of this corrupted form I've been forced to take. I suppose I'm just pointing out, this beauty you appear to see . . . it isn't me." It wasn't. And a part of her would always know that. It was the appearance the corrupted magic had given her. Her own world would have given her so much more in terms of appearance, mutations, and possibilities, true color coming in to show her prowess as an explorer, and adventurer, a party-ready druid. Now, she didn't know if she'd even be able to return. The stallion did make a point to tell her he did not see a monster, instead calling her a tiny, sassy and spunky little creature with elegance and heart. Her posture had shifted, slightly embarrassed and touching on awkward, as she huffed in a playful manner, "Alright, alright, enough of that now. You're embarrassing me." And he was, she'd never had a single word kindly spoken to her in such a manner, building her up in such a way. Sure, her father; had spoken highly of her, but it was in a different manner than this. She did grin faintly when he commented that the next would would of course be an accident, even as she huffed and stomped a back leg, "You would NOT be riddled with holes. I'm more careful then that. It's the horns fault anyway!" She pouted, for a moment appearing almost child like as she huffed about.

Sassy honestly was a perfect term for the little creature of energy and personality. She grinned faintly when he laughed at her, he obviously questioning her best behaved and not sassy attributes. She shrugged in disintrust, a light motion of her shoulder, "Someone might believe it . . . somewhere . . . . maybe . . . if they haven't actually met me at least." She admitted with a soft grin, before tilting her head at his next words, her grin shifting to a faintly amused smile with just a touch of melancholy to it, "Well, I can't oppose to making new friends, right?" And she could imagine they could certainly be friends in the future, but that didn't mean she didn't miss the familiar deer of her home, of the Thicket. Was Frosty still trying to act all tough, and pretending she didn't know what love was? Was Terpsi still trying to learn how to make friends with others, or was she still too smart to be social? Had Kiele learned how to talk above the level of a whisper, or did her shyness keep her mute? Was Kode still causing havoc with every step he made? She didn't even know if she'd ever see the herd again . . . . And she missed her friends.

Her hatred for what had happened to her was obvious in the cold, hardness of her eyes, and she barely noticed the male's frown, the dip of his head, dropping of his gaze when he spoke of making a mistake, commenting that she'd not been appreciated in general, before wishing her luck in finding the key to be herself again. His next words had him melting some of the hardness that the memories, the knowledge of what all she had lost; had caused. She glanced away, her own voice softer, "I may have the heart of a druid . . . but the things that made me a druid are gone, and until I recover them I will not take up the title. I will not falsely claim to be what I cannot. But I won't stop until my abilities are released, and I am whole once more." And she was determined to let that happen.

She tilted her head when he commented on her not needing to force worship, and simply shook her head, still not believing too fully in his supposed admiration for her. She was too small, too brown. He might not see, but she did. She felt like a fawn next to any of these full grown horses. They towering so high above her, and her tiny 10 hands making her look closer to a foal. She did have to laugh, suggesting he'd have to worry about stallions with antlers being discovered, and merely rolled her eyes, "Even a stallion with antlers isn't a buck." She teased. She rolled her eyes at his mournful expression, and smirked playfully, "Oh yes, because who would ever have thought that Huehuecoyotl would ever have a failing?" She taunted, saying his name for the first time, even if using the full version, the name slipping from her tongue with the ease of being around others with more odd, and intricate names. It took her forever to learn Terpsichore's name, Huehuecoyotl was just about as hard as Terpsi's full name.

She rolled her eyes when he commented on there being no fun in learning from mistakes, even as she huffed under her breath, "I'll show you lovely, sweet little doe." before narrowing her eyes more firmly, "I hardly consider repeating mistakes to be a wise decision. Particularly if you get trampled by far larger beasts than I. In my court there's a stallion with flaming hooves who is so large I can see him from MILES away. Haven't actually properly met him yet, but he'd CRUSH you with out even seeing you in the dark. So don't sleep in the middle of the path." Not that she'd miss his snarky attitude if he had been crushed. Okay, maybe she'd miss him a little bit. But only a little bit, and at odd times when she might 'think upon that odd stallion that died sleeping in a cave.' That was it though, certainly. Still his determination that his sleeping place had been such a good thing had her rolling her eyes once more, shaking her head, "You, stallion; are exasperating." She huffed.

He started with a grin, that soon begame breathless as he tried to keep from laughing, which further turned to laughter with tears and all. THe entire time the tiny form was huffing angrily before him, her tiny form primmed with a violent response - a vocal one that is. "IT WASN'T MY FAULT!" She said with earnest. "And it was a hypothetical situation! Stop LAUGHING! It wasn't that funny!" She then fell silent, visibly pouting and her muzzle shut tight, refusing to tell the story of her learning to walk on vines, tripping over one and flying through the air only to be stopped by a horn through a limb. Hanging there while Frost laughed, then got their friends; and then they all laughed, had been horrible. It took ages for Clover to be found who had used her own druid abilities to ask the tree to release the horn, before both druids had apologized to the tree for the wound, Cally packing the wound with sap and sticking a leaf over it to help encourage the area to restrengthen and heal.

Ironically Coy was laughing just as hard as her friends had then. She continued to huff and pout as she stared him down, "You're making a scene of yourself." She accused, pouting even more. When the topic of her being a nurse-doe came up, it was not met well by Cally, even if the majority of it was teasing, the male still looked in horror, declaring that he would have to find another to rely on when being nursed back to health that starving was no way to go. She grinned, amused by his reaction, "You forgot the dehydration part. It's said you'll die of dehydration sooner than you will of starvation." She added sweetly, the best halo effect the little doe could give in full effect. "See, I'm definitely no nurse-doe. But I'm fun to explore with! Like this cave for instance! As long as we don't run into anything else with sharp hungry teeth!" She stated, returning to the walking, even as she sniggered to herself. He really was fun to work up. He did shoot her a mild glare when he commented on him having a name, and she glanced at him for a moment, almost surprised by his words. Deer regularly used buck or doe interchangeably with their names, and she wondered if it was considered less personal with horses. She shrugged it off, before hesitating and nodding slightly, "Fine . . . Huehuecoyotl." She'd still use his full name of course . . . because proper respect and all . . . nothing to do with it being fun to say, or she liked the way it sounded, nope. Just for the respect of it, totally. She did huff at him momentarily, "I can keep myself safe enough. I run REALLY fast away from da-" Her words died as she saw a gleam up ahead, and a familiar light entered her eyes for her desire to discover, "Oh, what's that!" And like a bullet, again, she was running down the passageway before coming across just a small rock reflecting light from a small hole in the ceiling. And here she was having hoped it would have been a crystal of some sort. Drats.

"Speech"

@Huehuecoyotl

Dawn Court Apothecary

"Oh, I can assure you, I definitely do not hate myself . . . but I am not fond of this corrupted form I've been forced to take. I suppose I'm just pointing out, this beauty you appear to see . . . it isn't me." Coy watched her with a smile. "Well... You are here and you look like a little forest goddess, so why not find something about your new form to love?" He asked softly, words honest and soft as he spoke to her, eyes roving over her frame and taking in the elegant beauty of her form.

"Alright, alright, enough of that now. You're embarrassing me." Coy snorted. She was fun to get worked up... and clearly not one that got flirting much. "Now where is the fun in that?" He teased as he shook his head and then tossed it to make his mane behave. Oh yes... he was going to have so much fun teasing this little doe. Even if he had to go out of his way to find her...

"You would NOT be riddled with holes. I'm more careful then that. It's the horns fault anyway!" Coy stifled a laugh and nodded slowly. "So only a few holes and the horn will do it all on its own... No assistance from the head it is attached to... Because the horn has a mind of its own..." The sarcasm and teasing mingled and dripped from his words. He grinned and snorted at his words, showing that he really did not believe that in the slightest. It was funny... with all of the horses that he had spent time with in his life, this little doe was the one that was holding his attention and making him fascinated.

"Someone might believe it . . . somewhere . . . . maybe . . . if they haven't actually met me at least. Well, I can't oppose to making new friends, right?" Coy rolled his eyes at someone believing that she wasnt sassy and adorable. "Yes, new friends that still wont believe your lack of sass..." He teased as he grinned at her. "I am hoping that... well... Do I make the cut to be a new friend?" Coy asked, eyes alight with hope and longing that not many saw. That was one thing he had never had a lot of experience with. It seemed that when he met others, they either hated him or saw him for just short company and then disappeared again. He did not want either to be his relationship with this little doe.

"I may have the heart of a druid . . . but the things that made me a druid are gone, and until I recover them I will not take up the title. I will not falsely claim to be what I cannot. But I won't stop until my abilities are released, and I am whole once more." Coy nodded. Hopefully she was at least feeling a touch better about it. "Admirable goal and I would love to help you however I can." He vowed honestly, dipping his head.

"Even a stallion with antlers isn't a buck. Oh yes, because who would ever have thought that Huehuecoyotl would ever have a failing?" Coy rolled his eyes as he listened to her. One thing struck him though... She used his full name. No one did that. He was either called things that would make her stomach turn or Coy. The joys of having a name that was a bit of a mouthful. "So does that mean that a stallion without antlers might have a chance at winning your heart?" He teased, eyes lighting up as he found a new place where he could pick on her. "And trust me... I have plenty of failings. But if I dont show them to the imbeciles, then perhaps they will be overlooked... Not that you are an imbecile, but I have met idiots that definitely qualify..." He shook his head at the memories and dipped his head to nudge her gently with his muzzle. "While you are sassy and adorable, you also seem like you have a huge heart and are wise beyond your tiny frame."

"I'll show you lovely, sweet little doe. I hardly consider repeating mistakes to be a wise decision. Particularly if you get trampled by far larger beasts than I. In my court there's a stallion with flaming hooves who is so large I can see him from MILES away. Haven't actually properly met him yet, but he'd CRUSH you with out even seeing you in the dark. So don't sleep in the middle of the path. You, stallion; are exasperating." Coy laughed fully as he listened to her words, flicking an ear at the idea of a massive stallion crushing him. Now he was fascinated by the idea of this brute with flaming hooves. "Ok... you win... no napping where one can be crushed or impaled. Not that I regret it in this case." He winked. "And exasperating is probably the least condescending thing that I have been called." The words were laced with laughter that hinted at the words that had been used to describe him in the past... and likely in the future.

"IT WASN'T MY FAULT! And it was a hypothetical situation! Stop LAUGHING! It wasn't that funny! You're making a scene of yourself." Her indignation made it harder to stop the hysterical laughter that was overwhelming his brain. After a few moments, he managed to get the amusement under control and took a few deep breaths. "Cally love... if you want someone to believe that it wasnt you in the situation... dont get so indignant and defensive over it. All that does is make it more obvious that it was you." He gasped as he drew in deep breaths.

"You forgot the dehydration part. It's said you'll die of dehydration sooner than you will of starvation. See, I'm definitely no nurse-doe. But I'm fun to explore with! Like this cave for instance! As long as we don't run into anything else with sharp hungry teeth!" Coy flicked his tail and shook his head. "Yeah... dehydration is bad as well... I think I will stick with exploring with you and chasing away anything with sharp teeth."

"Fine . . . Huehuecoyotl. I can keep myself safe enough. I run REALLY fast away from da- Oh, what's that!" The little doe was adorable as she spoke and got distracted. Once again, he was hit by the fact that she used his entire name. It was alluring to him and made him feel butterflies deep in his stomach. "I must say... you are the only one that has ever used my full name more than once. Even my own parents never used it." He chuckled, flicking his ear and watching her. Before he could say more, she took off. Launching himself after her, he decided that she was definitely fast. When she stopped, he slid to a stop beside her and shook his head. "You really werent kidding that you are fast." He breathed as he took a look around

@Callynite
"Coy Sass"
Notes: XD I cant wait for her to meet Sol... He will really dwarf her

is to stay fabulous.

Dawn Court Sovereign

Callynite
Cally was at a loss as to just how to handle this odd creature before her. He seemed so . . . . set on her, and it was odd. Something she wasn't familiar with. She was the plain jane, the wall flower of her friends. Simple and understated and usually 'one of the guys' rather than a blushing beauty. So anyone's firm attention and flirtation tended to go over her head, and as it was she just thought he was odd for focusing on her so fully. It was odd, weird, unfamiliar, she didn't understand what it was, or why. His smile was still there and she tilted her head when he commented that she looked like a little forest goddes, before shrugging when he suggested she fine something about her form that she did love. "I'm still too new in this form to be willing to really look at it and be able to find anything I like, let alone love. The only relief I see are the few familiar bits. The hair is the right shades and style. The horns . . . the small things I can focus on and remember that it is me." She couldn't explain, express just how different it all was, how much of herself had changed so much. She wasn't prepared for it all, she wasn't willing to express it all.

She frowned when he asked where the fun in stopping his embarrassing of her was, and huffed as she clearly pouted over his teasing, "Don't be meannnnn." She pouted, and in that moment the original Cally was visible - not the darker version of herself that had been formed after her arrival to Novus. Here was the creature she used to be, expressive, a touch playful, and unafraid to be herself, even if it meant sounding more childlike as she drew out the word mean to make a point. The moment was gone soon enough though, and that original sparkle was pulled back, shrouded by the darkness that seemed to cloud her soul and came on the wings of her anger and hatred.

Of course, she had to accuse the horn as being the one in her way, and her eyes narrowed at his obvious struggle to hold in his laugh as he spoke on horns doing what they will, no assistance from the head. She narrowed her eyes at his sarcasm, straightening her spine and standing as tall as her tiny frame would allow as her eyes seemed to glint a fiery emerald, "Now you wait one moment now! It might not have a mind of its own, but that doesn't mean I intentionally try to stab things ALOT with it. It just . . . er. . . . happens. I didn't grow up having a horn, and I happen to forget its there until it stabs through something and I get stuck . . . er, I mean . . . I don't get stuck, I just . . . . remain immobile for a moment while I . . . deal with the horn." Okay, maybe she should find a new topic. His grinning and snorting was not helping her case.

It was an odd situation for the female to have someone's attention so fully though, but it was kind of nice, to know he wasn't just nodding along and not really listening. Every reaction, every narrowing of his eyes, or stiffled snort of laughter. Every glint of amusement, and grin. It showed he really was fully listening to her, fully absorbed in their conversation . . . and that was pretty new for her as well. Unfamiliar. She grinned when he teased that new friends that still wouldn't believe she wasn't sassy. She shrugged innocently, "You don't know that. They could be very gullible and willing to believe that." She responded with a delicate shrug of her shoulders, before tilting his head when he spoke again, this time his tone losing the teasing, shifting to hopeful.

She was quiet for a moment as she glanced at him, familiar with the look from her own youth of being by herself, locked away by her mother. She glanced at him momentarily, "Yes . . . I do believe you'd make the cut." She mussed with a smile, "You can't ever really have enough friends right?" She asked with a soft laugh. There was still a lot about her that wasn't her original personality though, but she was still loyal to who she should be. Even when he spoke of having the heart of a druid but refusing to falsely take up the title with out the abilities to go with it. He nodded in understanding, before offering, no vowing to help her obtain what was gone. She blinked in surprise, before smiling softly - warmly - at him, and a brief touch of her muzzle to his neck as they walked along the hall was her only response.

When he spoke teasingly bout a stallion without antlers winning her heart, she tilted her head in confusion, not quite sure how to respond to the newest level of teasing, "Uhm, I'm not sure? I've not really ever thought of it?" She stated with a faint confusion and uncertainty by the new twist of conversation. It didn't last long before he spoke of his own failings and not showing them to imbeciles. She mused fintly when he had to quickly add that she wasn't one. When he touched her though, she seemed to freeze for a moment in surprise before glancing at him when he added that he found her sassy and adorable, but with a huge heart and wise beyond her size. She mused faintly, "Adorable? And sassy? Are you complimenting me or teasing me?" She asked with a laugh,

Of course was laughing by her next words, but she grinned when he finally let her win and agreed not to nap where potential crushing or impaling may happen. It was a small victory, but a victory. "I find exasperating to be an accurate description of you." She teased back, "Although, I don't know, perhaps terms like 'exhausting' or even 'argumentative' could work too." She added with a teasing grin, so he wouldn't perceive any bite from her words. However, when the topic of her horn being stuck in a tree came up, she was starting to think she should have kept quiet. HIs constant laughter was making it harder and harder to defend herself. His laughing had turned almost hysterical at this point, and it took some time and deep cleansing breaths for it to get back to normal. She was so distracted with huffing and her indignation she missed the title of 'Cally love', instead focusing on his comments of not being so indignant and defensive over it if she wanted to pretend it was here. She narrowed her eyes, and huffed even louder at him, "It was an accident! I didn't think I was going to actually jump that high when I leapt off a small ledge. The tree was lower than I thought it was!" She pouted, both sets of ears shifting into an embarrassed down-angled position.

The idea of her being a nurse-doe was ridiculous though, definitely not the type to be taking care of others when she could be exploring, and the male had finally agreed to stick with exploring and chasing the sharp teethed predators away, even as she stated that she could keep herself safe. The conversation halted midway at her distraction, however as she took off. She barely registered his comment about her using his full name, as he caught up with her, commenting on her being fast. She grinned from where she was looking at the crystals, answering him in reverse, "Sorry, I tend to get distracted easily when I see a new thing to explore and see. And you're name is different . . . and fun . . . I like it. Although, with some of the names, my friends have had . . . yours isn't too difficult. Terpsichore's name was a chore to learn to pronounce too." She admitted with a laugh.
"Speech"

@Huehuecoyotl

Dawn Court Apothecary

"I'm still too new in this form to be willing to really look at it and be able to find anything I like, let alone love. The only relief I see are the few familiar bits. The hair is the right shades and style. The horns . . . the small things I can focus on and remember that it is me." Coy flicked an ear as he listened to her, a soft frown slipping over his lips for a moment before disappearing. "Perhaps being new isnt a bad thing. It gives you a chance to see if there is other aspects of yourself that you like and find beauty in the new melding with the old to create something completely unique and alluring. Give yourself a chance to find happiness with who you are and what you can do in this form before you decide that you hate it." Coy had a feeling that she had a lot more that she wasnt saying than what she was actually letting slip through her lips. Watching her carefully with cyan eyes, he allowed himself the chance to look over her with a more appreciating eye. "Your legs are slender and capable of getting you anywhere that you desire. Your pelt is beautifully marked and rich with color. Your eyes are wise and warm... most of the time." He said the last complement with a wink.

"Don't be meannnnn." Coy grinned at the lighter tone and demeanor that seemed to blossom for a moment as she whined. "But is play always considered mean?" He teased as the brightness seemed to fade away. He didnt like that. Coy wanted to see Cally happy with where she was and who she was. As he spoke, he decided that he would do whatever it took to make sure that she had some light in her life rather than just the fade of despair that seemed to be swallowing her.

"Now you wait one moment now! It might not have a mind of its own, but that doesn't mean I intentionally try to stab things ALOT with it. It just . . . er. . . . happens. I didn't grow up having a horn, and I happen to forget its there until it stabs through something and I get stuck . . . er, I mean . . . I don't get stuck, I just . . . . remain immobile for a moment while I . . . deal with the horn." Coy listened to how she was attempting to clear up the horn comment with snorts of laughter. He could easily see her running into things and having issues and it was making it impossible to not laugh. "Oh no... not a lot... just enough that you have enough experience with the issue to know how to extricate yourself from whatever you have impaled." He nearly died of laughter as he forced that little bit of speech through his maw. Taking a moment, he leaned against the cave wall and tried to compose himself with little luck.

"You don't know that. They could be very gullible and willing to believe that." Coy snorted, finally calming down from the fit of hysterics about her horn. "Cally love... if you find someone willing to believe it, you better keep them with you at all times. I guess I could... play... gullible if that meant staying with you all the time." He winked as he spoke and brushed his muzzle toward her neck. Yep, he was flirting again.

"Yes . . . I do believe you'd make the cut. You can't ever really have enough friends right?" A small part inside Coy's heart battled with a mix of emotions. He was thrilled that she could consider him her friend... but another worried that perhaps she would never care to see him again. How many times had that happened? Coy shoved the memories out of his head and focused. "As long as that friend is true, then friends are always worth having. And I promise that I will always be the best that I can be for you." Coy had a moment of surprise as he listened to his words. That was not how he usually spoke... What in the world caused him to speak like that? It was true, yes... but just less... sassy and snarky and teasing... than usual. The soft touch of her muzzle was like a bolt of electricity and he beamed down at her with soft eyes.

"Uhm, I'm not sure? I've not really ever thought of it?" Coy grinned as she debated the idea of an antler-less stallion trying to woo her. "I suppose I could try and see how things go..." He teased, his voice drawling and filled with blatant seduction. No, he wasnt actually trying to seduce her at this point... not that he would argue with the outcome should it work.

"Adorable? And sassy? Are you complimenting me or teasing me?" Coy watched the momentary freeze with curious eyes. Did he overstep? Was she irritated with his movement? Of course... it wouldnt be the first time that he had screwed up just this day alone. Focusing on her words, he smiled and let a soft chuckle escape. "Perhaps it is both... I have to keep you on your toes somehow... I cant be nice or sassy ALL the time." He teased, eyes twinkling as he watched her.

"I find exasperating to be an accurate description of you. Although, I don't know, perhaps terms like 'exhausting' or even 'argumentative' could work too." Coy laughed, unable to stop the hearty sound that escaped. "Exhausting I have heard... Argumentative once in a while. Could be so much worse though. My own sister calls me an obnoxious pain in the rear... and my grandfather... well, nothing at all nice to hear." He refused to let his grandsire have hold on him. Refused to hear the insults that had been heaped upon him at times. Would not tell her that he had been told that he was a mistake and a waste of air... Coy's eyes closed for a moment as he fought with his inner demons and worked to get them silenced again.

"It was an accident! I didn't think I was going to actually jump that high when I leapt off a small ledge. The tree was lower than I thought it was!" Coy prepared to tease her again, but noted the downward angle of her ears and felt his heart tear a touch. "It is an easy enough mistake. I am just glad you were removed from the branch... I may have never gotten such scintillating and fun conversation otherwise!" He wanted to comfort her and erase the negative emotions that were making her look so sad.

"Sorry, I tend to get distracted easily when I see a new thing to explore and see. And you're name is different . . . and fun . . . I like it. Although, with some of the names, my friends have had . . . yours isn't too difficult. Terpsichore's name was a chore to learn to pronounce too." Coy huffed as he caught his breath and eyed the tiny creature. "I am not even going to try that name... I think that one is worse than my own!" He laughed, ignoring the words relating to her being distracted easily, though they did get filed away for later knowledge.

@Callynite
"Coy Sass"
Notes: sorry about delay love <3

is to stay fabulous.

Dawn Court Sovereign

Callynite
When the male spoke, she tilted her head to listen, noting his slight frown and his earnest words. New might not be a bad thing, but it didn't mean it was . . . familiar. It's not a fun feeling to look into the water and not recognize your reflection - when everything else had been ripped from her, that too was another pile up with everything else. When he spoke again, her head snapped up, at the compliments, and she felt her skin warm beneath her pelt before she glanced away, her expression turning into a slight smile, "Thank you." She didn't say anything else, not knowing what else to say in this situation.

She rolled her eyes with a laugh at his words, his expression brightening a touch more, expression glistening slightly, "It is when I'm the victim." She stated with an air of faux-hauntiness. The despair would come and go, but there were moments that this stallion seemed to know what just to say - and in a way, it was helpful. Of course his comment regarding her issues with her horn had her faux-hauntiness turning into a mock glare, as she huffed and turned her nose up - clearly not deeming that worthy of a response, allowing him a moment to recompose himself. The flirt had to find a way to keep up the flirting tho, and she quickly, put playfully side stepped his touch, "Oh, you think you should get to stay with me at all time? Do you enjoy my cruel sass that much? Are you that desperate for a friend, you poor thing?" She teased, purposely ignoring what he was actually flirting at.

Her eyes clearly read that she knew his meaning tho, but even she knew friendship was the best place to start with anything, and as odd and annoying as he can be - she felt there was something reliable about him that could make a friendship with him be a good thing, a reliable thing. Of course, his assurance to be a best friend that he could be had her returning his smile with just as much brightness, although at the idea of him trying to seduce her had her rolling her eyes with a huff, "Oh yes, because I'm clearly totally too desirable to ignore." She snorted, and for a moment the bitter, self-depricating Cally of the youth popped into her head, after all, she clearly was too plain for such a bright stallion. Those kinds of bucks usually preferred a flashy doe at his side to show off . . . not something like . . . her.

Their talk continued with an easiness that was growing between them, an easiness that Cally wouldn't be opposed to in other random meetings, and as their conversation died down did she glance at the sky and make note of the hue. Her gaze turned back to the stallion, this time her smile warm but apologetic, "Well, now that you've wasted my day," She teased, "I need to get back home before it's too late . . . ." She paused for a moment, eyeing him, "Well, Huhuecoyotl, it was a pleasure meeting you . . . but you owe me an adventure, for ruining this one by standing in the way of my horn." Her expression was playful as she winked, "I'll be looking for you to cash in on that adventure before you know it. Good night." And like any well practiced sassy creature she brushed her muzzle against her cheek, before spinning on her heels to bound away with out another word, heading home with the smile still on place.

"Speech"

@Huehuecoyotl ;; now we can officially end it.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »