Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Dancing in the Sands

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 91 — Threads: 10
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

The appaloosa mixed stallion launched onto the beach with a powerful stride, enjoying the feeling of his muscles sliding under his skin and the sand under his hooves. His black, white, and acidic green tresses kissed the beautiful blue skies as he moved and his matching coat gleamed under the warm sun. Coy was strong, healthy, and feeling fabulous as he raced along the beach and let his acid green hooves kiss the waves as they lapped the sands. Even the little mark that had been left on his rear was nearly healed and barely noticeable through the rich, splattered pelt. Somehow, the tip of the little doe's horn had managed to hit one of the black spots in his blanket, making it easier to hide the wound.

Sliding to a stop, the friesian built stallion grinned at the waves of sand that erupted from his movement. He reared high into the air, lashing out at the cloudless sky with his white dipped forelegs and trumpeting to the mostly quiet world. Dropping his legs back to the sand, he paced the few steps to the water's edge and pawed at the waves.

Launching forward, he waded into the ocean until the waters covered his stomach. The patch of pure white on his stomach was completely submerged and his green band was nearly covered as well. He had always been a fan of the feeling of the warm sun on his back while his legs and underbelly were submerged in cool, bordering on cold, water. It was refreshing and woke him up in ways that very few other feelings did.

@"Al'Zahra"
"Coy Sass"
Notes: Crappy starter is crappy... but I suck at them, so it probably is better than usual lol

The BEST revenge... is to stay fabulous.

Coding Credit: Dyzzie
Image Credit: Chaosy

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Al'Zahra

The Illuminated

“both beauty and terror, without beginning, without end.”

There is something about the young spring and the grass just stretching up through the last of the snow that makes her feel a little wild. The coolness almost burns in her lungs, like fire and soot, when she dances down the shoreline and inhales the briny holy air. She inhales like her lungs are a desperate and dying organ, like they are not blooming inside her chest in pink roses heady with youth. But maybe, as she runs, and the ocean stretches desolate around her, she feels in it her bones, the way each step she takes is another cell of this mortal body is dying. And maybe that's why she running like the hounds of hell are nipping at her heels and frothing rabid at the black streak of her shadow.

And maybe, maybe, she really is nothing more than a desperate girl running down the empty beach.

Al'Zahra blinks away the sand clinging in the corners of her eyes like diamond dust tears. She blinks because the beach is still empty, and the strange bridge is still looming under the weight of lambs across the horizon. She blinks like a lion, like a bit of smoke older than the world. No matter how much she blinks there is still only the sand, the bridge, the horizon and the reckless itch running down her spine like a storm.

The bridge and all its magic holds nothing new for her. This world holds nothing new, nothing dangerous. And, oh, oh, oh, she's longing for the thrill of fear to make her cells forget that they are dying, and dying, and dying in this cage of flesh and bone.

She runs into the sea because she wants to feel as alive as possible. She wants a garden of ice to bloom across her skin like she's glass instead of red blood. She wants winter to creep across her singing golden chains; she wants to make snow when she dances and flakes off all the coldness from her skin like trees shedding the summer.

When she comes across him she's still running in the tides. The forth is eating up her hoof prints like a great and endless snake. She almost doesn't slow down, she almost runs past him like he is nothing more than another shark in the shallow sea that means nothing to her. Her running slows to a walk and as she looks at him she can't pinpoint the reason why she stops.

Nor can she decide what it is that makes her curl her neck like a doe and smile. Yet she knows exactly what it is that makes her say, “Shouldn't you be down the shore crossing the bridge down the shore?”. And she knows what it is that makes her swallow the words, with all the other lambs, down like spun sugar. It is nothing kind, nothing as soft and pretty as the gold shining like a hundred suns across her bay coat.

That great beast of recklessness and life roars deep in her chest and it almost drowns out the sound of the sea.

art credit

@Huehuecoyotl

Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

Coy had finished his play for a bit and stood, head raised and eyes closed, drinking in the salt tainted air. It was refreshing and clean and made him feel alive in a way that brought a smile to his face. His neon green and monochrome mane was flying off of his ebony neck and his matching tail was a kite behind him as a sudden breeze woke and played with his tresses.

Turning to head back to the shore, he nearly collided with a blur of copper and gold. The mare slowed and spoke, making him flick an ear and listen. “Shouldn't you be down the shore crossing the bridge down the shore?” If he had eyebrows, one would be raised at her question. "If I should be down the shore and crossing the bridge, shouldnt you? It seems to have captured the attention of the entire realm to where no one is doing normal things." He shrugged, shaking his head and taking a moment to glance at the ever occupied bridge that she mentioned. "Perhaps the remedy for the utter chaos that seems to be happening over there is to stay away and find a moment of peace." Coy stated as he turned to look at the striking mare.

She was colored more simply than himself, but none the less alluring. "The way that you were racing across the beach, one might think that you were being chased. Now that is fun if it is a prank... Race along like your life depends on it and then disappearing while others try to figure out what in the heck you were running from... But it doesnt work if you stop." He laughed softly as he remembered the times that he had done just that. Those that he passed either looked at him like he was insane or bolted away from him.

@"Al'Zahra"
"Coy Sass"
Notes: Coy is being strangely polite tonight... it is weird XD

The BEST revenge... is to stay fabulous.

Coding Credit: Dyzzie - Image Credit: Chaosy

Al'Zahra

The Illuminated

The sea and the sand are battling beneath her hooves, and she's sinking deeper and deeper into the waves with each small war. For a moment she lets herself be carried away and thinks only of the way her bangles feel thick as snakes around her legs when the sand catches in the space between skin and metal. It lets the silence between them grow bloated with the crash of the ocean against their bodies. Her chains bang sharply against her sides when the waves rush at her.

She loves the way it feels wild, as if they are nothing more than two birds caught in a current.

And because she feels a little wild she dances further out in the waves. Every inch of her body rails against stillness, against feeling like bone and skin instead of smoke. “Maybe I was on my way there, chaos is calling after all.” She says and her whole body suggests chaos when she doesn't brace against a wave and instead lets it push her a little closer to the bright stallion with the devil in his smile.

He suggests a prank and she can only laugh like a bluebell in the sea-breeze. It reminds her of the world before gods, when the birds where full of trouble and the mountains shifted with nothing more than the moan of the earth. Part of her longs for the ability to flit between shapes then, to peel back her skin and snarl at him like a wolf starved. Instead she settles for stepping closer and for lifting her smile to meet his. “And what if something terrible was chasing me, what would you do then?” Her eyes shine and something in them promises that there is no need in her for a hero, or a savior.

Because this time when the sea starts to battle the shore she fights it and steps out of a the salt-water like a shark who has decided to taste sunlight.

art credit

@Huehuecoyotl

Dawn Court Apothecary

being fabulous is the absolute best revenge

Something about the copper mare was electrifying, like bottled lightning. She seemed to be a wild thing, not easily caught and never tamed. Cyan eyes watched her as she played in the sand and sea, enjoying the play of her muscles under her gleaming coat. Even the water seemed attracted to the beautiful creature before him and he could not help the smile that crossed his ebony lips.

“Maybe I was on my way there, chaos is calling after all.” Oh yes... he liked this creature. "A beautiful mare after my own heart. Chaos is fun and exhilarating. Why not enjoy it? But at the same time, the crush of bodies that tend to be jumpy and cranky makes the island not my favorite destination." The wave brought her closer and he had to fight not to grin even wider.

“And what if something terrible was chasing me, what would you do then?” Coy nearly started promising to save her, but something about her gaze warned him away from it. This was not a mare that needed a knight in shining armor. This mare could easily take care of herself and enjoy it. "Perhaps I would run at your side to be there when you decide to fly... or fight back, since I have a feeling you do not cower from big beasties..." His words took on a seductive air and he winked at her as he spoke. Not that anyone had ever accused him of being a big beast... at least not yet. "The question there is... are you actually afraid of anything. You strike me as fearless and more than capable of just about anything that you desire..." Coy's words turned into a whisper as he spoke, though they did not lose the air of seduction and flirtation that colored the tone of his voice.

@"Al'Zahra"
"Coy Sass"
Notes: Omg I love her <3
credits

Al'Zahra

The Illuminated

She wishes for winter, when the sea roars with a storm instead of a whisper on a clear day. There would be ice forming on the sand, where water was caught between wave and brine. And maybe it would cool all this fire that never seems to stop sparking in the tinder of her heart. But she is made of wishes and magic, and she has always known that wishes are a weakness. So she smiles and lets the sun dry the water from her belly and tries not to think about ice, and frost, and snowflakes.

When flattery falls from his lips as easy as rain, she cannot help but laugh and cock her head like a sparrow (or like a wolf) at him. “I imagine there are a thousand things other than chaos in your heart.” She does not say, like blood, and death, and lies, but she wants to. Once she knew all the things hearts were made of, and could be, and how they spoiled like meat left under the sun.

Once.

Now she only steps deeper into the sand where the brine has long since seeped into the ground (or back  into the sea). “There is something to be said for horses pressed tightly and remembering how it feels to be as wild as mice in the tall grass.” Her eyes shine at him in the sunlight, like caught golden ice that is content to be in a home of flesh instead of winter. “Or are you too afraid to find out what exactly it is beneath all your bright colors?” She wants to step closer, so much closer, close enough to see the way his pulse sings beneath his skin. But she resists and only shakes loose water from her skin. Each drop glimmers even as it falls, and falls, and falls.

“Perhaps you would run by my side.” She laughs and her bloods starts humming a frantic song. It's saying run, run, run and then, be smoke, be magic. Her skin quivers and her hooves start to tap out a pattern in the sand and shell. A mollusk crumbles to sliver and twilight dust underneath the weight of her. “But perhaps you could not keep up”.

Run, run, run. Be smoke. Be magic. A mantra is blooming in her blood, and her bones feel as light as dandelion seeds.  

Finally she steps closer, and she still wishes the sea was roaring in her ears when she brushes a touch against his shoulder. “I am only afraid of stillness.” And with a nip to his skin she's off running. The sand sprays out behind her like it's wishing to be a wave, a breeze, anything but sand that must always fall. She wonders if he is wild enough to give chase like a real lion might.

Be smoke. Be Magic. Her blood never stops chanting its religion, but neither do her hooves.

art credit

@Huehuecoyotl

Dawn Court Apothecary

Huehuecoyotl
Perfectly Fabulous in every way

“I imagine there are a thousand things other than chaos in your heart.” Coy listened to her voice with a touch of awe. She was intriguing and alluring and all together distracting. A welcome distraction from the crazy spectrum of life itself. Shaking his head, he flicked his multi-hued tail and thought about it for a moment. "Rarely is a heart filled with only one thought. Pride, vanity, intelligence... Those all can war with chaos. As can kindness, warmth, honesty, loyalty... Perhaps each of us is a strange mixture of many things that makes us each unique and interesting." He spoke softly, bright blue eyes traveling over her again and a sensuous smile finding its place solidly on his maw.

“There is something to be said for horses pressed tightly and remembering how it feels to be as wild as mice in the tall grass. Or are you too afraid to find out what exactly it is beneath all your bright colors?” Coy listened to her words and grinned. "See... pressing close can be pleasurable... Unless you are in a group. I tend to be in favor of being close to only one at a time... rather than spreading myself too thin..." He winked as he spoke, raising his head proudly. "According to some... under my bright colors is a peacock waiting to be released... I would rather say that I am a... passionate... artistic soul. Filled with emotions and colors and well skilled in many pleasures of the world." He responded, his voice once again laced with seductive tones and vanity. Of course, he could be reading her incorrectly... And it definitely would not be the first time he had done so. In his mind, everyone tended to be just as flirtatious as he was and it often got him in trouble.

“Perhaps you would run by my side. But perhaps you could not keep up”. Now that sounded like a challenge... One that Coy was instantly game for. She was just a touch taller, but she was built like a gazelle. Huehuecoyotl on the other hand... he was stocky and built like a classic friesian. Keeping up would be a challenge, but he did have a good reserve of stamina from running regularly. "Oh darling.... I will definitely do my best to keep up. To be the shadow to your golden beauty." His words were soft, but filled with just as much challenge as he spoke them. He could not help but want to get closer to the mare before him. To feel her satin coat.

“I am only afraid of stillness.” Her touch was like the very lightning that she had been reminding him if, electrifying and intense. Her nip was like a second jolt, not enough to hurt but enough to send his senses crazy. A nearly inaudible groan escaped his lips and he leapt after her. His stocky legs chewed through the sands, muscles powering him to keep up with her flight. And she did seem to fly over the sands while his run was more power than grace. No matter how hard he tried, he couldnt keep exactly even with her. Coy settled for staying closer to her shoulder, not admitting that he was unable to move up and keep up with her as well as he had claimed.

"Sass"
@"Al'Zahra"
Notes: Sorry for delay love <3

Table by Kaons and edited by Chaosy - Art by Chaosy