Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Enjoying the Shadows

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

sol bestiam

"Oh no no no, not at all! I just, uh... I didn't think you were the kind of person to make jokes." Sol gave him an incredulous look and shook his massive head. "Let me guess... I am some mutated giant with very small brain and jokes take more brain power?" He snorted in amusement, laughing to make sure that Mateo knew that he was not upset. "And yes... that is something I have heard before. Rest assured... My brain is plenty capable of many things." Sol didnt mean anything against Mateo, he actually found that he quite liked the smaller stallion. It had been a filly long before he had reached Novus and the memory still hurt a bit more than he realized. "I apologize... Past interactions seem to be coloring my words today. You didnt deserve that. You were not the one that said those things." Sol offered him a smile and tried to make everything smooth again.

"Oh, peaceful and calm is what I do best," Something about the way that was said made Sol pause and look harder at Mateo, just barely catching the wink. A chuckle bubbled out of his chest and he shook his head. "Hey now... sometimes peace is a good thing. Yes, it can be boring, but it is also relaxing and gives you a chance to recharge." Sol had longed for a time of peace in his life, not realizing how quiet it could seem after the complete chaos of his youth.

"Well, what are you doing now? Would you like to come with me to the library? We could hit the tavern afterwards, or go for a flight." Sol nodded. "I would like that. The library sounds fascinating and we could definitely go have some fun afterward. I am not one for drinking alcohol, but I would gladly enjoy time with a friend." He hoped he wasnt being premature in his desire for friendship with the smaller stallion.

@Mateo
"Speaking."
Notes: Apparently Sol is feeling snarky today XD Absolutely no insult meant in his words <3 Sorry about the wait love!!
credits

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mateo

In general, Mateo had a good read on others. But he can’t quite tell if Sol Bestiam is truly offended by his words or not. “Let me guess... I am some mutated giant with very small brain and jokes take more brain power?” Mateo laughs nervously. (It is more of a squeak than a laugh, if we’re being honest). “And yes... that is something I have heard before. Rest assured... My brain is plenty capable of many things.” Now Mateo frowns slightly. This seemed like a horribly offensive thing to say to someone, even if it were true-- which, the short man thinks to himself, I don’t think it is at all.

No worries, friend.” He snorts. “Whoever said that sounds like a right twat.” Fighting words came so much easier when the recipient was not present.

The other man chuckles. Mateo likes the sound, deep and bubbling. “Of course, peace is a good thing,” Mateo agrees. He’s thinking of his morning routine. Every day, except the wet ones, he’s in the sky. He gets an early start, before the heavens begin the slow blushing dance of sunrise. This is how he greets the morning: carving broad, black-winged circles in the predawn indigo, often humming a tune or singing (read:hollering) to the wind. It is the peaceful foundation to days that usually (sometimes by his own mischief but more often by sheer accident) turn wild. “It’s all about balance, I think. A little bit of peace, a little bit of chaos,” he bobs his head, weighing the two. “Gotta keep things interesting, but not too out of control.

Mateo recognized that not everyone shared his appetite for fine food, drink, and company. And sometimes his taste was admittedly not-so fine-- it was, once again, all about balance. But he respected the choices of others, and so he does not skip a beat when Sol mentions that he does not drink alcohol.

Excellent. I know a place, just past the Olivine Temple, where they make the best cider in Novus!” Hard and not, for everyone’s taste.

As they make their way to the library and dusk thickens in the forest, the trees are full of the sound of conversation, interrupted from time to time by two types of laughter: one bright and fresh as spring, the other low and bubbling like a brook.

- - -
@Sol Bestiam Psh, no insult taken!! Gonna close this here. So so sorry for the wait and quality, I'm terrible with closers x_x Thank you for the lovely thread, I'd love to have another sometime! <3
art

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol Bestiam

“No worries, friend. Whoever said that sounds like a right twat.” Sol chuckled again, definitely finding himself enjoying the smaller stallion's company. "Considering the sources... I would have to agree with that observation. Granted one was my own sire at one point." Sol brushed off the feelings that were connected to said sire and his past, refusing to let them ruin the fun he was having with the other male.

“Of course, peace is a good thing, It’s all about balance, I think. A little bit of peace, a little bit of chaos, Gotta keep things interesting, but not too out of control.” Sol nodded as he listened. "Balance is a very good thing. Granted, it can be a challenge to accomplish." He laughed again, realizing that he was finally in a place where he was finding balance after years of chaos. 

“Excellent. I know a place, just past the Olivine Temple, where they make the best cider in Novus!” Sol motioned for Mateo to lead the way, the pair conversing and laughing together like old friends as they traveled. This seemed like the beginning of a wonderful friendship and Sol found himself cherishing the idea in a way that he had never before.

@Mateo
"Speaking."
Notes: Definitely! I think Sol would gladly count Mateo as a friend <3 And dont worry, I suck at starters and closers XD

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »