Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - A Beacon of Hope

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Zarvex

"Stand amongst the ashes of a thousand dead and tell me if honor matters."

A vast land with many different ecosystems, from lush plains to majestic mountains and magic everywhere you look, not to mention powerful gods that look over their courts and peace and harmony everywhere.... blah, blah, blah. 

Just a bunch of deserts is you ask me

The portal had spit him out a few days ago and what did he find? To be put in another desert! The dappled stallion stood out like a sore thumb as he traversed the sandy dunes. Thirst clawed at his throat and the heat of the sun burned down on the darker points of his body. His hooves ached, and every step he sunk in the blasted sand, making it that much harder to walk, and having to use up his precious energy. 

He stomped his foot in irritation. He had heard from travelers of a land far better than the one he was born to. He was use to everyday being a struggle just to survive, but Zarvex had hoped he would find what the travelers where talking about, a realm called Novus. After he had found a portal he had hoped to emerge in a nice cool field full of flowers and a maybe a stream as blue as the sky, not the murky water he was use to. Instead, here he was standing in another waste land as the vultures circled ahead, ready to pick his bones clean.

The stallion huffed and wondered if his death could be quick somehow. The only reason he was still alive was he found a few cacti, but his maw was sore and scabbed from the sharp spines. His shoulders sagged as he slowly lowered himself to the ground, despartly needing to rest. The birds instantly came to land but didn't come near after he loudly snorted at one. He laid his head against the hot grainy sand.

A small breeze picked up and blew gently against his overheated body. He was greatful it wasn't yet summer and humid as he new most deserts to be, so he lifted his large head slightly enjoying what little he could as he took in a long breath. He could almost hear the tinkling of water in a stream....

Zarvex lifted his head higher flicking his ears back and forth, wandering if he was hallucinating. He grunted as he heaved his body up, he could hear water nearby. Looking in the direction it was coming from he limped up a large dune that was in his way. Slowly he reached the top and he felt like someone had blessed the sight in front of him.

An oasis sat in front of him. It was beautiful but he didn't take in the sights for long as his vision zeroed in on the water. He hurried as fast as could to the stream where a waterfall fell into a pool. He dunked his aching maw into the cool water and drank long and deep. After awhile he felt waterlogged and noticed a rather large rock nearby the could provide shade if he was laying down.

Limping over he lowered himself into the cooler sand where small sprouts of grass growing. He would eat later he just needed rest now, even though he knew he should have checked the area first for danger he was just too tired. He slowly was lulled into a shallow sleep.

Thoughts. Speech.

Efphion

Solterra was an unforgiving domain, as many had found when they attempted to brave the desert. Effy had seen many desperate travelers make their way toward the Day court, only to turn back. She had seen a few in delirious states and offered them no aid. The woman forged from violence and ash moved towards the location she frequented often. The Oasis. Today was no different than any other, it was as unforgiving as the rest of them. Efphion could feel the ribbons of silver that encircled her neck heat up as she stepped into the sun. The further she went, the hotter the metal became against her flesh. Her adornments had never gotten hot enough to burn her flesh. There were times when Effy wished for such a sensation, she longed for the fury Xamis had used to singe her flesh. It was not long before the Oasis spilled into view, so did the body of an equine who was resting in the cool sands. They were finely chiseled various shades of gray marble. Upon their face was an ivory blaze. Effy pegged them to be one of those weary travelers she so often saw.

Effy felt conflicted about a traveler in the Oasis. Her rage swirled to life upon the sight of someone idly resting within the Day Court's borders. Yet they appeared vulnerable, in this very moment. In the past, she had not hesitated to take advantage of such a situation. The woman of wrath made her way down the familiar, worn path to the Oasis. She did not stop until she stood close enough to cast a shadow over him. Her thick, inky hair spilled down her frame wildly. It grasped at her flesh as though it would expire without her frame there to prevent such an untimely demise. There were scabs on his lips, she wanted to tear them off. She could feel the heat of her rage prickle at the base of her neck. Effy couldn't discern if the equine below her felt entitled to rest, or was so exhausted that they could not help it. It reminded her of the day that Eik had taken her into that building at the hottest point of the day. Her anger bristled at the memory. Effy had never been fond of others who showed kindness. 

"You look like you've been dragged through the sands of Solterra by Solis. "  Her voice slid from her maw like a viper. They carried a warning for him. If he said the wrong thing or made the wrong move then she wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of this situation. "What do you seek from the Day Court? " Effy demanded from him next. She wasn't a soldier for no reason. Travelers were not safe by definition, and this equine had the determination to cross and survive Solterra for a reason. She wouldn't be the reason that Day fell to chaos unless that chaos came from her hooves.

"Speech"
@Zarvex
I hope you don't mind me dropping Effy in! She can be a bit much. I think these two will actually get along though. c:

I COULD BE THE STORM
that tears down everything you hold

Zarvex

"Stand amongst the ashes of a thousand dead and tell me if honor matters."

The stallion felt the lull to go deeper in his slumber, and almost succumbed had it not been for a sudden darkening behind his eye lids. He blinked open his dark chocolate eyes to see a black void standing next to him. His eyes widen in shock for just a millisecond before he regained his confidence and put a mask over his face.

Feeling vulnerable on the ground he quickly snapped his legs undernieth him and stood to his full height. He quickly realized it was a mare that stood before him and he almost relaxed, being from a land were mares were very weak and submissive to stallions. However, when she spoke the this 'Solis' dragging him through the sands her voice held an edge. He was trying to decipher it when she then demanded him to tell her what he sought here.

His temper flashed up at that demanding tone and his nostrils flared in anger and he felt his body square in a more defensive position. He eyed the women in front of him as he purposefully let silence stretch between them after she spoke. She was slightly taller and seemed older, not to mention in better health than him, but he couldn't help the need to put this women in her place.

"How does what I seek from this place concern you exactly?" his voice snarky and rude. He didn't think about the repercussions of his disrespect until after it was out of his mouth. He wondered if this mare would turn him away and send him back to the desert to die. He briefly glanced at her powerful form and knew in his weakened state it would be futile to fight. He huffed out of agitation. "please forgive me" he said and felt an almost physical blow to his pride. He cleared his throat before continuing, "I come from a land that turned into a wasteland. Several travelers had informed me of a land called Novus and of a great and noble Day Court. It is my intentions to find this land and join the court. If you would forgive my rudeness I've had a long quest and wish to know if I'm close to the end?" he finished. He looked to the mares sun and fire eyes and wondered what she would do next.

@Efphion - I dont mind at all and I'm super curious if she's going to rip him a new one or not lol and sorry about the dark font I'm trying to fix it now