Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Strange Sun and Pleasant Company

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Pure of Heart
"Hello, Do you have any idea what is going on here?" Uzuri started and gazed at the other mare for a moment, not quite paying attention to her surroundings as she tried to figure out what in the world was going on. "Oh! Hello. Sorry... This place has me a bit out of sorts. I am Uzuri... Uzi..." The blue roan splash mare fumbled over her words. She had never been as eloquent as her obnoxious big brother and it had never bothered her before. "I honestly have no idea... This island is strange and seems to be some giant mystery that makes absolutely no sense at all " It was at that moment that a brawny stallion of black, white, and acid green plowed right out of the brush and nearly smacked her in the face. Snorting at the beast, she shook her head and clicked her teeth at him. Darn brothers!

"Well then... You should avoid head on collisions, little sister... Dont want to damage that pretty face. Oh! That's right! You dont care about your looks. You would rather beat things up with your brawny muscles." Uzuri groaned as she listened to his teasing tirade. It wasnt the first time she had heard it... nor would it be the last. His softer words were for Uzi alone and she smiled softly at the affection she heard. Yes... He was a pain in the rear, but he was a good soul in general. Nipping his shoulder, she turned back to the mare and shook her head with a smile and roll of her chocolate eyes. "You will have to excuse the lunkhead here... He likes to hear himself speak and doesnt care who is around. This is my brother, Coy. He is arrogant and obnoxious, but he isnt all bad... usually..."

Moving to where she could see both of her companions, she tilted her head at Coy and narrowed her eyes. "Behave... Or I will send you off with my brawny muscles, pest." She chastised him as she ruffled his perfectly arranged mane with one wing and turned to ignore him.

"Speaking."
@Camillia - @Huehuecoyotl
credits

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Camillia

Camillia

The warm air held very still as if waiting to exhale. It was uncomfortable, even in the shade the trees allowed. Her companions had gone from one to two and it seemed she was the odd one with them being related. They seemed to act in a manner similar to other siblings she had seen. Camillia absently wandered if they were fraternal twins or birthed at different times. Uzuri looked a bit younger answering her thought. She had always found the sibling bond to be a strange one considering she was a single child. Or maybe it was because she had never had that kind of playful relation with anyone.

"I'm Camillia but I don't mean to disturb the two of you," she said, angling herself to leave. But she still needed answers and paused without exiting the clearing. "Could this have something to do with the sun god? Are the Gods usually as involved as this?" Her previous world had almost no involvement of the deities. It was more like they had been dropped in a dangerous world full of magic and monsters without a proper direction which was why Camillia had never put much stock into them. But perhaps if they were to play a more critical role in her life, she would need to pay them more attention.

@Huehuecoyotl @Uzuri

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 91 — Threads: 10
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

being fabulous is the absolute best revenge

"You will have to excuse the lunkhead here... He likes to hear himself speak and doesnt care who is around. This is my brother, Coy. He is arrogant and obnoxious, but he isnt all bad... usually..." Coy snorted as he listened to his sister babble. "Thank you dear sister... but I am not ever bad. I may be more than some can handle... may be a touch antagonistic... But never bad." He responded to Uzuri with a laugh and toss of his perfect head. Ok... so maybe more than a touch antagonistic... not that he would ever admit to it aloud. Coy enjoyed harassing everyone and seeing what responses he could evoke.

"Behave... Or I will send you off with my brawny muscles, pest." Another snort and a full laugh as he listened to Uzuri's sass. "But Uzi!" He whined like a toddler. "You wouldnt send your poor brother off to fend for himself on this scary island!" He shot a wink at the other mare, wondering what she was making of the siblings.

"I'm Camillia but I don't mean to disturb the two of you,"
Shaking his head at Uzi, Coy turned to face the striking mare that had joined them. He dipped into a bow and smiled at her. "No bother at all, beautiful. I am Huehuecoyotl... though like Uzi said, most call me Coy." That quickly he switched from teasing his sister to flirting with the taller monochrome mare. He stood to his full height, but still was shorter than Camillia by roughly a full hand. "Perhaps we can ditch the bully and have some fun just the two of us." He winked as he murmured in a stage whisper. He knew Uzi could hear him by the huff that he heard behind him.

"Could this have something to do with the sun god? Are the Gods usually as involved as this?" Coy flicked an ear. He was not one to believe in gods, having had not real interactions that proved the existence of them. "I would think more trickster god than sun god... but Novus doesnt seem to have one. That being said, Solis does seem to have a fondness for humor and playfulness that might lead to something like this. I am rather new to the lands, so I am not sure what the Gods actually do around here other than make pretty statues to look at." Yeah... his words might be sacrilegious, but he had a tendency to be bluntly honest.

@Uzuri - @Camillia
"Coy Sass"
credits

Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Pure of Heart
"Thank you dear sister... but I am not ever bad. I may be more than some can handle... may be a touch antagonistic... But never bad." Uzi choked on her response as she listened to the complete lies that seemed to be oozing out of his lips. "Yes... just a touch... And does anyone ever believe the crap that comes out of your mouth? You enjoy picking fights and flirting with anything that walks by." She rolled her eyes as she responded, nipping his shoulder enough to cause him to whine for a moment.

"But Uzi! You wouldnt send your poor brother off to fend for himself on this scary island!" Uzi laughed aloud as she shook her head at the acid touched stallion. "Oh, but you and I both know that I would, big brother. I would gladly push you into the sea most days..." She cooed with a sickly sweet tone as she batted her chocolate eyes at him. He frowned at her and she laughed again. "And if our companion would rather, I will easily get rid of you so that she doesnt have to deal with your dumb butt." Uzi flicked her eyes to the monochrome mare with a soft smile.

"I'm Camillia but I don't mean to disturb the two of you," Uzuri opened her mouth to reply but was cut off by the exact flirting that she had already given Coy crap about. "No bother at all, beautiful. I am Huehuecoyotl... though like Uzi said, most call me Coy." "Oh my Goddess! Huehuecoyotl! Enough! Most mares do not care for your flirting. If anyone ever does fall for that crap, I hope to the Goddess that she is smarter than you and can at least fend for herself with your idiocy." Uzuri exclaimed as she nipped his flank. Uzi was one of the only horses that had ever been able to get away with physical connections, though the tri-toned stallion was still not pleased by it. "It is a pleasure to meet you Camillia. You are more than welcome to join us and try to figure out what in the world is going on. This island is quite strange."

"Perhaps we can ditch the bully and have some fun just the two of us." Uzi huffed and moved forward to push him out of the way. "How about I ditch you and leave you tied to a tree to fend for yourself!" She snapped at Coy before looking at Camillia. "Honestly though. If you want him gone, just say the word and I will make sure he actually listens."

As the pair debated the sun god's role in the strange day, Uzi frowned. She worshiped the Goddess Vespera. Worshiped and loved her. Uzi had been a common sight at her shrine, not that she had ever been answered by the Goddess. "I hope that what ever game, whoever is playing.. I hope it is over soon. The sun and moon should not be held in their places. It throws everything off..." She murmured softly, her hip touching Coy's ribs for comfort.

"Uzuri"
Notes: -facepalm-

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Camillia

Camillia

Camillia was not used to being flirted with and it made her uncomfortable. She was comfortable in her own skin and at times appreciated her appearance, but it being blatantly appreciated by others made her think twice of them. If she was to ever fall in love, something she scoffed at, it would be for the mind not the body.

A sneer crossed her face at Hue's words. "Not interested," she said coldly, turning all of her attention to the mare and somewhat ignoring the antics of her brother. At the idea of ditching the stallion, Camillia considered it, but he did answer her question about the Gods. He may be annoying, but Camillia could get on as long as he was useful. "Don't bother Uzuri, we might need the extra eyes and ears" Calming her irritation, she focused on her breathing and remembering her goal. She wasn't here to make friends, she was here to investigate the island and hopefully figure out what was happening here.

She turned in a direction she had yet to explore, one that led further into the island. "Have you explored in this direction yet? I've never been on this island before so I'm just picking randomly," she asked them both. Cocking her head over her shoulder she waited for their replies and whether a better direction could be chosen.

I love their banter, no need to kick anyone out. Assume Camillia is walking/following.
@Huehuecoyotl @Uzuri

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 91 — Threads: 10
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

being fabulous is the absolute best revenge

"Yes... just a touch... And does anyone ever believe the crap that comes out of your mouth? You enjoy picking fights and flirting with anything that walks by." Coy snorted and shook his head. "Of course they do! If you are not there to ruin it! And it isnt everything that walks by... just the pretty ones I flirt with and the stupid ones I make fall over their own hooves!"

"Oh, but you and I both know that I would, big brother. I would gladly push you into the sea most days... And if our companion would rather, I will easily get rid of you so that she doesnt have to deal with your dumb butt." Coy gasped in indignation, eyes wide as he stared at the warrior that was his little sister. "But the sea would ruin my perfect pelt! I would be ugly!!" He wailed like a foal, stopping just shy of throwing himself on the island floor in a complete tantrum. He paused for a moment to look at the other mare, eyes twinkling with mirth as he did. 

"Oh my Goddess! Huehuecoyotl! Enough! Most mares do not care for your flirting. If anyone ever does fall for that crap, I hope to the Goddess that she is smarter than you and can at least fend for herself with your idiocy." Coy frowned. "I will have you know that plenty of mares, and stallions, have fallen for my wiles and joined me for a time. Just because you live under a rock, romantically speaking, doesnt mean that all have the same handicap." He spoke with a flair and tossed his head. Yep... he was arrogant and obnoxious.

"How about I ditch you and leave you tied to a tree to fend for yourself! Honestly though. If you want him gone, just say the word and I will make sure he actually listens." Coy didnt respond other than to stick his tongue out at his sister. She was no fun! He didnt doubt that she could tie him to a tree.. for a little thing, she was tough!

"I hope that what ever game, whoever is playing.. I hope it is over soon. The sun and moon should not be held in their places. It throws everything off..." Coy could hear the anxiety in her voice and he leaned against her touch to try to give her comfort. "Hopefully it is a transitory thing. Maybe the gods feel fit to reverse the natural order and the sun will begin setting where it rises!" He tried humor to break the tension.

"Not interested," Coy fell backward, acting mortally wounded. "Rejection!" He gasped, cyan eyes wide as he stared at the monochrome beauty of the mare before him. Before he could blunder on, Uzi nipped his flank and caused a squeal to erupt from his maw. He glared at her indignantly as he listened to Camillia speak again.

"Don't bother Uzuri, we might need the extra eyes and ears" Coy frowned at her comment, shaking his head. He was good for more than just a lookout!

"Have you explored in this direction yet? I've never been on this island before so I'm just picking randomly," "This island seems to be constantly shifting, so having been here is not a good guide as to the rest of the days. That being said, I think that is as good of a direction as any and will give us a good starting point. Lead the way, beautiful." He dipped his head, not giving up the flirting even with her telling so obviously that she was not interested.

@Camillia - @Uzuri
"Coy Sass"
credits

Dusk Court Sovereign

Pure of Heart

"Not interested," "Rejection!" Uzuri snorted at the flailing of the vibrant oaf. She was loving him being rejected by the pretty mare and she didnt hide that amusement. "At least someone in the world has class and decent taste in stallions." Uzi chuckled, bowing her head at Camillia. 

"Don't bother Uzuri, we might need the extra eyes and ears" Uzi nodded. "He might be ok at that. If he can get over whining over every little thing that offends him. Sometimes I swear I am the older sibling."

"Have you explored in this direction yet? I've never been on this island before so I'm just picking randomly," "This island seems to be constantly shifting, so having been here is not a good guide as to the rest of the days. That being said, I think that is as good of a direction as any and will give us a good starting point. Lead the way, beautiful." Uzi shuddered and shook her head before a groan escaped at his continued flirting. "Huehuecoyotl! Seriously! She is not interested and she just might want to kill you if you keep going. And guess what! That is the best way I can figure to ruin you precious pelt and might be the funnest!" The multi-hued pegasi stepped forward to stand by Camillia and glared at her brother.

"Of course they do! If you are not there to ruin it! And it isnt everything that walks by... just the pretty ones I flirt with and the stupid ones I make fall over their own hooves!" Uzi laughed as she walked, pausing long enough to give him a look. "In other words, you flirt with yourself in the pools of water and trip over your dumb mouth? Now that we got that straight... perhaps I should tell that little doe that you were flirting with that you are too full of yourself to dedicate time to another!" She shot over her shoulder, grinning. He had spoken of the creature that had stabbed him and she liked Cally already.

"But the sea would ruin my perfect pelt! I would be ugly!!" What was it about him that made her laugh at his every word? "Oh Coy... You can be beautiful on the outside, but rotten thoughts and words can make you ugly regardless..." She warned, sounding like her mother.

"I will have you know that plenty of mares, and stallions, have fallen for my wiles and joined me for a time. Just because you live under a rock, romantically speaking, doesnt mean that all have the same handicap." Uzuri's smile faded as she listened. Yes... She hadnt spent any time in any romantic relationship and that made her feel a bit awkward. "I would rather be handicapped than overly arrogant and stupid. Perhaps those that gave you time were just in it for the beauty and allowed their ears to go dumb to your prattle." She retorted, her words colored with hurt.

"Hopefully it is a transitory thing. Maybe the gods feel fit to reverse the natural order and the sun will begin setting where it rises!" Uzi shook her head as she walked through the brush. "Goddess.. Has anyone told you that you are full of nothing but stupid crap?! No god would put those that worship them through turmoil just for fun!"

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
Notes: Sorry about delay love!
credits