Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - In the shadows of the Citadel

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Pure of Heart
Uzuri smiled softly as she paced through the Dusk Court. She loved her home, loved the court that had taken her in after the loss of her mother. Uzi had trained and struggled to become a soldier that was able to provide some protection to the court and those that were in it. Her brother called her a patriot... but then he also hated the idea of belonging anywhere it seemed. The idea of him belonging was enough to make her laugh and she shook her head as she walked.

"Judging by the shake of your head... I would imagine that you are laughing at your brother again. He is a fool, but he is good for comedic relief." The lanky adolescent maned wolf rolled her eyes at the thought of the arrogant, vain, and completely obnoxious stallion. Neema hated him, refused to play nice no matter how many times Uzi threw her and Huehuecoyotl together. It just was not going to happen. Uzi had finally admitted defeat at the idea and quit trying.

"Who else? Not like I have many to fall back on thinking outside of the big butthead." It was true. She had spent a large part of her life alone and lonely. That was probably why Uzuri was so thankful to have Neema beside her. It gave her someone to confide in... someone to enjoy the company of. This was the first reliable relationship she had been able to keep since the loss of her mother. Even the horses that had trained her as a soldier came and went as easily as a leaf in the sea. A soft frown fluttered over her face before Uzi shooed it away. Pausing in a fairly clear area of the Court, she gazed at the citadel and wondered what it would be like to truly belong and be a part of the realm. Of course, she wasnt paying attention and had placed herself in a place where she could easily be in the way as well.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Rhone
Notes: Sorry about delay!
credits

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

His morning had been relatively uneventful. He had gone to the cliffs in order to watch the sunrise, as he did almost every morning. He checked in on his oak tree and used a little more of his magic to draw the roots deeper into the earth so they might latch onto the rocky hillside a little more securely. Growing an oak in such a strange location was difficult, but he knew that with his magic, he could eventually get the roots to take on a much deeper hold to the earth and grow the oak big and strong.

But it was after the sun had finally risen that the stallion made his way back towards the citadel amongst the hustle and bustle of Dusk Court. He much preferred the countryside living as opposed to the city, but with his new role, he needed to be seen far more than he cared for. It wasn’t that he didn’t make friends easily or that he disliked court life, he just preferred a quiet life. After all, he had retired from leading kingdoms to live out his life in peaceful solitude. The only thing that he was missing in his life was someone to share his heart with.

Deep in thought, Rhone was hardly paying much attention to where he was walking. Even though there weren’t that many people up and moving at this early hour, they were moving in a direction and speed that he was not following.

As he rounded a corner, he hardly noticed the blue, black, and white mare as she stood quietly in the middle of the walkway. Rhone hardly had time to react, let alone stop. He scrambled to halt his momentum but failed. He bumped into the mare, jumping back quickly and getting out of her personal space. "I’m sorry miss, I was not paying attention. Please forgive my clumsiness." He supposed he had assumed she was moving at the speed of the others. Perhaps he thought that he could round the corner and just flow into the crowd. Unfortunately, that was not what happened and it left him feeling rather embarrassed and unsure of if he had harmed her in any way.

@Uzuri

Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Pure of Heart

"I’m sorry miss, I was not paying attention. Please forgive my clumsiness." Uzi caught the words as she stumbled and regained her balance. Spinning to face the stallion, for the voice was definitely male, she dropped her head. "I am afraid that the fault is probably mine... I have a tendency to get distracted by my thoughts and end up standing in... unfortunate... places. Are you hurt?" She asked, the apology coloring her words as she flicked her warm brown eyes up to the stallion before her. He was just barely shorter than her, but built much more stocky and strong.

"Of course it was your fault! You stood in the middle of the road and expected others to part for you like a rock in the river! Let me tell you... Rocks get bombarded constantly.. " Neema teased, pressing her slender body against Uzi's foreleg and studying the stallion before them. "Oh... He is rather fetching, isnt he?"

Uzuri groaned and ruffled Neema's orange red pelt. "I am Uzuri... and the young maned wolf here is Neema. I am truly sorry for the inconvenient placement of my pause. Someday I might remember to move to the side rather than stop where I am when a thought takes me." She laughed softly, glad that the warmth in her face was not visible to the world.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Rhone
Notes: Sorry for wait <3
credits

Inactive Character

Rhone watched as she turned to look at him, probably quite startled by not only the collision, but the depth of his voice. He had seen the way some mares were so startled being close to stallions. It pained him to know that something or someone in their past had been abusive to where they simply could not be around those of the opposite sex. Rhone’s heart had always gone out to them, willing them to one day find another that would show them love and kindness instead of pain and fear.

At her words, he shook his head, trying to take some of the blame off of her. After all, he had been the one who so unfortunately bumped into her. It was he who had not been watching where he was going. "No, no. The fault is all mine. I too was lost in thought and not really paying attention to my surroundings." Normally he was quite the observant one, but today, something was distracting his thoughts in a way that perhaps he should stop. If his thoughts were going to get someone hurt, then he really needed to look into correcting them.

At her question of if he was hurt, he shook his head ever so lightly. "No, I’m quite alright." And then his manners kicked in. Why hadn’t he asked her if she was alright? "How rude of me, are you hurt?" Normally that would be the first thing out of his mouth. But today? Today something had hold of his attention and manners and it was certainly not letting go.

His attention turned to the maned wolf at her side. He offered the other a soft smile, admiring the banter between the two. He had seen bondeds before, admiring them for how well they bonded to their companions. It was a relationship he often admired and was often jealous of. Perhaps his time would come that he should find someone like this.

Thankfully, blushing was not noticeable because when the little maned wolf complimented his appearance, he inwardly blushed at the thought. It had been a long time since someone had made a comment on his looks. Here in Novus, everyone was so strangely colored, it was hard to see how someone as plain and ordinary as he was fit in.

But soon, his eyes were cast back to the mare before him as she made introductions. Uzuri and Neema. He offered her a soft smile. "Rhone." His name was uttered with confidence, respect, and a sense of wonder. He had always loved his name, even if he was unsure how his mother had come to think of such a name. Lusitania had always been a mouthful for some, but his mother had worn her name like a badge of honor. But his name? It rolled off the tongue so smoothly.

"Perhaps I too can benefit from watching there I am going. Where are you headed? Perhaps you need some company?" It was a silent offer to accompany her to her destination. After all, he had nothing better to do today. He was going nowhere in particular and kept no schedule. Perhaps walking with her would give him something to do today and provide him with some pleasant conversation.

@Uzuri

Dusk Court Sovereign

Pure of Heart

"No, no. The fault is all mine. I too was lost in thought and not really paying attention to my surroundings." Uzi beamed at him in a fit of rare warmth. Not that she wasnt warm, just that she was usually too nervous to show it. Uzuri was far more comfortable as a watchful figure than interacting with others, though she was trying to fix that issue. "Perhaps we should just break even and say we were both at fault. That way, neither of us has to take all the credit for this meeting." She laughed softly, winking at him as she moved slightly to give another horse more room to pass.

"No, I’m quite alright. How rude of me, are you hurt?" Uzi shook her head and smiled. "Not at all." Goddess knew how often Coy had told her she was built like a bolder and would never get hurt. Then again... He also said she was all muscle and brawny in a way that would never be overly feminine... The memory of words caused her smile to falter, but she quickly chased them away and inwardly snorted at Coy. Allowing her chocolate eyes to roam, she took another look at the stallion before her. Yes, he was handsome in a simple way. Something so vastly different from the obnoxious brother that thought he was the best thing on four hooves. It was refreshing.

"Rhone." Uzi bowed her head slightly. "It is a pleasure to meet you." A large part of her wondered if she had met him before. She tried to know what was going on in her court, but lately she had been a bit scattered. At least, when she wasnt training and working as hard as she could to be the best that she could be. Probably not... She would have remembered him.

"Perhaps I too can benefit from watching there I am going. Where are you headed? Perhaps you need some company?" Uzi laughed softly. "I actually have no place in mind. I am taking a day off from training and decided to wander the court and see what I could find to do. Or who I can find to talk to. I am glad for company though. What are your plans for the day?" She asked, feeling Neema press against her leg again and dropping her muzzle to touch the young canid's orange pelt.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Rhone
Notes:
credits

Inactive Character

Perhaps the fault was both of theirs, or perhaps it was completely one or the other. No matter who’s fault it really was, Rhone would take the blame nine times out of ten. He was just that simple man who wished only to please others and to ensure their happiness. If taking the blame for something he didn’t do made another smile, he would more often than not do it. But she seemed happy to share the blame, so he would as well. "Alright then." His voice was soft, his tone light. Lips curled into a soft smile as he regarded her wink. She seemed like a pleasant enough individual and for that, he was thankful. He can recall several times where he had bumped into another, and the other party had been less than kind.

He tried to ask her if she was alright, more concerned with her own injuries that what might have befallen himself. She assured him that all was well, that she was unharmed. He was thankful that no one was seriously injured. He’d seen a few collisions from people not paying attention to where they were going. While most were harmless, he had seen another die from walking along the edge of the cliff and not watching their footing. The individual had stumbled over the cliff side, never to be seen or heard from again. Thankfully, this scenario couldn’t happen in the middle of court life, but other injuries could, and do, occur.

Introductions were made, pleasantries exchanged, and it was refreshing for Rhone. "Aye, a pleasure indeed." Meeting a new face was refreshing and Rhone relished it. So often did others get too caught up in court life that they simply failed to see what was right in front of them: new people to greet and get to know. So much happened right under their noses that if they paid attention, their minds could be broadened so far.

Meeting a friendly face was something Rhone did not come across often, so it was no surprise that he was rather excited to stay and speak with her a little more. He offered to join her on her walk, wherever she might be headed. She didn’t seem to have a direction in mind, but he supposed that was okay. He understood her need to simply not do anything for a day. Sometimes that little bit of reprieve from life was a gift only the gods could grant. "I like to take walks in the morning. I usually spend my mornings at the edge of the cliffs. I was just on my way back. No real plans though." He always started his mornings by watching the sunrise. It had always calmed him and helped him prepared his mind for the day. "What do you train for?" The question was simple, but he supposed it was a good conversation starter. Was she a warrior? A medic? A scholar learning more knowledge? The answers were endless and each one of them were exciting in their own way. Rhone had once been all of those in his younger years. But now that he is older and aged, he preferred the quiet life of a scholar.

@Uzuri

Dusk Court Sovereign

Pure of Heart
They agreed on a few things, softening the lingering unease that had caught her in its grasp. Things were going well. Now to keep it that way. He seemed quite kind and, if nothing else, he could become a friend when she had so few. The fact that he was absolutely nothing like her obnoxious brother didnt hurt that desire in the slightest. If anything, it made her want this to grow into something more than just a casual meeting that neither looked at again.

"I like to take walks in the morning. I usually spend my mornings at the edge of the cliffs. I was just on my way back. No real plans though." Uzi could see the sunrise in her mind and smiled a soft smile. "That sounds wonderful. Mornings can be so beautiful. I have never been able to decide if I prefer sunrise or sunset." She laughed softly, flipping her mane a bit as she shook her head. "What do you usually do with your days?" Uzi asked, wanting to know more about the stallion beside her. It was such a rarity for her to speak so anyone, so she was desperately hoping that she wasnt being too annoying.

"What do you train for?" Uzi dipped her head for a moment, overcome with bashfulness. "I am a soldier... My mother died when I was 2 and I needed to find a place where I belonged. A soldier took me under his wing, so to speak, and taught me what I could do to help and protect others. I have never looked back." That was the easiest way to say it... It didnt tell too much of the turmoil that she had went through but still gave him an idea of what drove her to be the best she could be. 

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Rhone
Notes: <3
credits

Inactive Character

Sunrises and sunsets were a beauty that he wished more would stop to take a look at. Many times, other would groan as the sun began to rise, protesting the need to get up for the day and be productive. Then, when the sun was setting, the same group of individuals would either be wishing they had more daylight (and perhaps wishing they had risen before the sun) or wishing for the sun to hurry and set so they could go out and live a more active, party lifestyle. Very rarely did individuals stop to admire the sunrise and sunset and unfortunately, they missed out on probably one of the world’s greatest beauties.

When she stated that she was unsure if she preferred sunrise or sunset, he immediately knew the dilemma. He still could not decide which he preferred, so he would watch them both. "I’m afraid I feel the same way. Both are beautiful as the colors fade in and out. It’s hard to compare them against one another." They were both so similar, but both held a different meaning to each person. He supposed it was up to one’s own mind to decide which was more beautiful than the other.

She asked him what he did with his days and he had to offer her a nervous smile. His days were rather boring, it seemed. He wasn’t a soldier, medic, or entertainer. He had no “job” to go to, nothing that demanded his time. He was a learner, a scholar. His days were usually spent quietly with his nose stuck in a book. "I am a scholar…I usually can be found reading. I always thirst for knowledge." Rhone was not a young stallion, he had lived many years. He had his years of leadership, of fighting, of healing. Novus was his retirement. Novus was the place where he could just sit back and do the things he enjoyed most: learning. Some would call him a lifetime student, always wishing that he could uncover more to learn.

He felt like talking about himself was only a one-way street. It would get boring after awhile only talking about his life and what he liked to do with it. So he asked her what she spent her time training for. Based on solely her build, he had a feeling it was in combat, but he had been surprised before.

As she spoke, he offered her a soft nod of his head, a smile shot in her direction. He found it utterly adorable that she seemed to bashful to talk about her training in battle. Everyone had their own strengths and it was important to find what you are good at and develop it. "It is an honorable profession." Someone had to stand up and protect the court - she would fit in well with the Halycon and other soldiers. "While I am no soldier, I have had my share of battles when I was much younger. It is an important job." Rhone was by no means an elderly equine, but he had quite a few years to her senior.

@Uzuri

Dusk Court Sovereign

Pure of Heart
"I’m afraid I feel the same way. Both are beautiful as the colors fade in and out. It’s hard to compare them against one another." Uzi nodded and smiled. "Sunrise is the beauty to start the day and inspire you to be the best you can be for that day. Sunset is the perfect way to end such a day, the colors a celebration of the world around you and the good that you can find." She said with a soft laugh. She loved the natural colors of the world and the ones that painted the sky for only short moments seemed to be the most brilliant in her eyes.

"I am a scholar…I usually can be found reading. I always thirst for knowledge." The blue roan splash mare nodded. "Knowledge is its own form of power. Knowing more about the world can make life easier and give you inspiration to make more of the world around you. I enjoy reading when I have the time." Of course, her time for reading was usually in the evenings and around anything else that she had to do.

"It is an honorable profession. While I am no soldier, I have had my share of battles when I was much younger. It is an important job." Uzi nodded as she listened to him. He was wiser than she, that much was easy to see. "Important, but never easy. But I dont think I would change it. I enjoy the challenge of training and the ability to help others. I have no talent for medical work and am not always the greatest when it comes to meeting with others. I am obviously a bit shy." She laughed through the last sentence, figuring that he had probably already pegged the multi-hued mare as shy and a bit awkward.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Rhone
Notes: Not the greatest post -headdesk-

Inactive Character

He had once been a soldier, trained in battle so he might lead his people. He had hated the violence and the sheer will it took to train. He had always wanted to be a lover not a fighter, a scholar and not a soldier. But when he was younger, he had no choice but to learn the roles of both soldier and scholar, so he could become king and lead his people. But now that he was older, wiser, and no longer bound to lead, it was nice to just stand back and learn. It was something he had always dreamed of doing but had never allowed himself such a luxury.

When she speaks of her lack of talent in the medical field, Rhone cannot help but feel the same. He had once been given the gift of healing, but since that magic had been stripped from him, there was very little that he could heal. He knew the herbs and the poultices, but the actual skill set he did not have.

But when she speaks of her shyness, he cannot help but give her a soft smile. "You make it seem as though being shy is a negative thing." Rhone had never been really all that outgoing, but he had noticed that those who were really outgoing tended to be overconfident. In a situation such as war, her shyness might come in handy. It will force her to think and not act, to do things slowly instead of rushed. "It will serve you well in battle." The worst soldiers he had ever led were the ones who rushed into battle without a single thought of themselves or others. Being overconfident could be a death sentence.

@Uzuri - sorry, not my best D:

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »