Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - little do you know

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lunar [PM] Posts: 2 — Threads: 1
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

erreselith
night is not forever

It was getting colder and colder, winter had been thoroughly making it’s way through the land and for the first time in a while, it felt like hope.

It hadn’t been long since Erreselith had arrived in these lands with the thought of settling down for a bit. Deep inside she still did feel a little bit guilty she was putting the search for her brother on hold but one could stand being alone for so long until they went mad. At least, that is what she kept telling herself.

Making her way through the now snowy landscape, the young mare found herself silently longing for companionship. Living with nomads for years made her a great traveler, but loneliness had a way of slithering into someone's mind in ways they might have not expected. For Ersy it outed itself in a sense of weariness and almost disinterest in how the world around her looked. She had always loved nature, but even now as she slowly made her way through the lands it looked almost… bland.  Erreselith hated this feeling, nature had always been the thing that kept the peace within her and seeing this fade certainly wasn’t right.

Halting suddenly, her dark green manes moving along with the sudden motion, she pushed those thoughts back into her head. She had to focus if she were to actually survive. Maybe she would find someone that could tell her about this land and what she would encounter here.

ooc: [insert silent screech] shes a r r i v e d

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 113 — Threads: 14
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

The young emissary had a lot on her plate. She balanced the responsibilities of her position, her romantic and personal interests, and being a kelpie (without murdering anyone (yet)) with startling ease. Or at least what appeared to be ease. Anandi was very careful to cultivate a certain image of herself, and “unkempt, stressed, falling apart” was not what she was going for.

Unfortunately her lifestyle required frequent trips to the ocean. It was lucky for her, then, that her kingdom of employ was located so close to the cliffs. It was unlucky that its proximity meant everyone could see her come and go. This was not a problem during the summer months, but winter hit quick and hard, and every day she felt the inevitable being murmured behind her back as she left: there she goes again. Why does the emissary spend so much time by the water in this freezing weather?

It was only made worse when she sometimes returned soaking wet and reeking of the angry sea. A wild look in her eyes, savage glee in the curl of her dark lips. There was something alien about her then, something as horrible as it was beautiful.

No trace of her… deeper nature… is apparent today as Anandi trudges through the thick snow toward the court proper. Her skin oddly damp and briny, clean and slick, but that is the only thing other about her. Her features are unusual-- piercing green kohl-lined eyes, coral-pink fringe proud as a crown-- but not particularly suspicious.

She passes a stranger (another stranger, there were so many of them these days) and calls out with a silken purr. “Lost?” They always were. Whatever disdain she might feel is locked down deep; she smiles like there is nothing easier in the world.

Anandi keeps walking. The other mare could stay there gawking like a fool, or she could keep up.

A  N  A  N  D  I
"Please,” she said, “you’re so beautiful. You may eat me if you like.
I’d sooner be eaten by you than fed by anyone else."

@Erreselith

some say the loving and the devouring are all the same thing

Played by Offline Lunar [PM] Posts: 2 — Threads: 1
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

erreselith
night is not forever

The near purr that suddenly graced her ears made her turn her head towards the direction where it came from, her eye locking onto a rather unusual sight walking past her. The stranger had something strange about them, something she couldn’t immediately figure out. The thing that catches her immediate attention was those piercing green eyes which made her feel like her deepest secrets were suddenly on display for them. The kind of eyes that most likely have seen a lot of things. Just from this, as well as their regal appearance, Erreselith felt like this stranger might be more than meets the eye.

When the mare passed her, she was shaken out of her staring and started following her with careful steps to see if this was someone that was actually serious about helping her. As she followed, she did notice the way the mare walked. It seemed almost.. awkward? She could be wrong about this though, as she didn’t want to stare too obvious.

“A-Ah, yes. I’ve been traveling for a while and seemed to reach this place.. though I do not know what or where this place exactly is..”

Her voice was soft and maybe a little rough from the lack of use over time. When traveling alone, one didn’t really need to speak out loud much. She much preferred to stay quiet and observing to decrease the chances of becoming a target to those wanting to cause chaos and harm. Currently, it held a weary tone to it and as much as she didn't want to admit it.. she was tired. Tired of the hopeless searching, the loneliness, losing her drive to keep going like this. She really and truly wanted to keep up the path to find her lost brother but like this? No, she would probably perish before ever finding him if things kept staying the same.

ooc: @Anandi

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 113 — Threads: 14
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

The stranger’s voice is husky with disuse, but soft at its core. Inviting like a clam, the flesh made sweeter by the challenge of getting to it. Anandi smiles, and the expression is somehow both sharklike and angelic. “You poor thing,” she croons sweetly, sounding like someone with a bigger heart. “You must be tired. How long will you be staying? I’ll find you accomodations that are clean and dry.” Such a task was easy for someone of her station. It only took a few words, spoken to the right people, with a gracious smile;

Some days it felt like nothing was out of her reach.

You are staying, yes? At least for a little while?” Anandi pauses, her impatience at war with courtesy. Politeness just barely keeps her from asking downright: what can you contribute to our court? How soon can you get to work? Instead she plays the kind stranger.

You must tell me stories of your travels,” Anandi gently bumps her shoulder against the stranger as though they’re comrades. The kelpie’s skin is slick and smooth and warm to the touch. “And in return, I will tell you all I know of Terrastella.” As she speaks, they pass beneath the broad stone entry to the court proper. The emissary moves forward without hesitation. “Or at least, most of what I know,” her lashes flutter, thick with implied secrets, and her lips purse as though to contain a great, wicked smile.

The sea was never blue

art

@Erreselith <3

some say the loving and the devouring are all the same thing