Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Fall] A single face in a crowd

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
"the sharp knife of a short life
i've had just enough time"
The lights danced.

It was like a beautiful display of color had taken over the markets. Any wall or item was brought into relief by the glowing embers, hues of gold, ruby and touches of sunset orange reflected off of any nearby surface. The lit the world with brilliance, even in the dead of night - pardon the term for this season. So much light, and warmth, made warmer by the laughter and good nature of those talking and happily meandering together. All but the pale blue roan who was almost silver beneath the flood of the moonlight. Out of reach of the light of the flames, she stood in opposition to them, cold to the appearance, like water to their vibrant fire. But then again, among all the joy and laughter and happy faces . . . she was in contrast to that as well. She hadn't gone to pay her respects to the dearly departed, she hadn't gone among the flames to say hello to those new to Denocte, or just visiting. She hadn't done much since arriving at the edge of the market but to watch, and to think.

He'd have liked this.

For one who knew of her history, they might wonder which he she had been talking about. The fair fae hadn't had good luck in terms of keeping a love. She'd found love thrice in her life, but each time that love had been ended before it's time a life cut short too soon. In this case, however, her thoughts were on Tremaine. So full of life he'd been. He'd have gone barreling into the crowds, wowing them with stories or his actions alone. He'd been a social creature, carefree and wild - the opposite of her more regal and soft demeanor. It'd been why her people had frowned upon their coupling. A creature of such dark origins and appearances, with the princess of the seelie courts. Yes, it'd been an unlikely romance, but they had a tendency to bring out the best in each other. Trey had been her light, making her brighter and more open. She'd been his calm, mellowing his nature and helping him control his anger.

This was his scene.

And she found herself balking at the idea of facing the masses alone, with out someone by her side to offer their support. But if anything, ones past made them stronger . . . and she was more than just a delicate dame anyway. The fae seemed to square her shoulders, realigning her wings against her back, the iridescent film gleaming silver, glittering and twinkling with the stars above. Caelum took a deep breath before moving forward. Her long, thick mane was carried in a light breeze, untucking it from where she'd carefully looped it so it would drag through dirt and brush on her way here. Glancing at the loose strands she sighed but didn't bother readjusting them, the ground beneath her was stone, a creation made of blocks of iron and cobblestone, moonstones peppered in through out the path. Safe enough to avoid having brambles caught in the long strands of ivory as they fell in slight waves to the ground, trailing behind her like the veil of a bride. Only the color kept it from being the veil of a widow. 

The warmth was illuminating.

She wasn't close enough yet for the flames to hue her pelt in obscure streaks of color, but she was already feeling the warmth conjured by the mix of multiple bodies, and bonfires around. She headed closer to the crowd, her steps delicate but each placement made with purpose. Her head was held high, gaze confident but serene and kind. You can take the princess out of the kingdom, but the lessons on how to behave remained. It didn't matter what setting she was in, Cael had a tendency to express stately importance, tempered by the soft kindness of a crowned princess well loved by her people . . . when she'd had people. She'd have to make her way to the place of memorials, she had a number of individuals to mourn, an entire kingdom, an entire crown. So much death had surrounded her life thus far - it was a painful reminder that nothing was ever truly safe.

She was healing, though.

A slow progress, but being in a new land, where no one knew her, no one knew her past, knew her titles and her name. No one knew the nightmares that plagued her in the dead of the night . . . here, it was safe. Here, it was peaceful. Caelum made her way among the bonfires, smiling softly - kindly - to those she passed, bowing her tiara just so to those who responded to her smile in kind. Silent greetings, no words exchanged least she interrupt any of the conversations all around her. The flames refracted light towards her, shifting the moon-washed color of her blue-roan pelt to an orange hue'd color that could cause someone to mistakenly assume she a bay roan rather than the true pale blue-roan she coat she wore. The colors were beautiful though, and her brown eyes widened at the pretty dancing flames, the colors memorizing for a mare who'd always had a soft spot for the variety of colors nature could hold.

Her smile widened.

Peaceful, that was what this place felt like. Even if she didn't say a word to the others as she moved through the area, even if they didn't do more than nod in her direction, even if they ignored her completely - the fire alone helped make it peaceful, comfortable, warm and alive. Her wings fluttered against her back, casting a light dusting of fairy dust to the ground around her before she found a spot far enough from a fire not to be in the way of others, but close enough to bask in the warmth. It was here she allowed her limbs to draw together as she lowered herself to the ground, her wings flat against her back, the fairy film catching the light of the flames in a kaleidoscope of hues, and she allowed that peace to soak her in.

"Speech"
Thoughts

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

She had joined the dusk court almost immediately upon arrival in Novus. It had been the first herd she'd stumbled across, and knowing they had a medical area, she promptly decided to stay. after all, if there was one thing she knew, it was herbs. After all, she did take a fair few herself. As a consequence she  hadn't seen much outside of the dusk courts headlands, so she decided to take a
few days (when she was well enough) to explore the surrounding lands. She had heard rumors of a festival in the night lands. The name reminded her all too much of Heretic, but against her own judgment, she headed over anyways.

As soon as she saw the orange glow up ahead she felt her skin prickle. The smell of smoke had alarm bells ringing in her head. But she made her way into the market despite that, reminding herself that these flames were controlled. Still. She jumped at every flickering shadow.  

It was an odd feeling, to be a stranger to a new land once again. Back in Elysium, she had thought she never would be again. She was convinced that she would spend the rest of her days there, with Cavalier and their children. She didn't know where any of them were. Cavalier had left with Eremurus. The last time she had seen them... she had said goodnight and told them she was going to rest. She almost took her last breath that night before the firstborn vega made her likeness from the stars, and blessed her with eternal life. She went back the next morning, and they were gone.  Explaining to Liatris where his mama-Cav and eri was the hardest part. Mainly because she didn't have an answer.

Now she didn't even know where Liatris was. He had stayed in Lyrus when she went back to Crucis. He was old enough by then to decide, and to him, Lyrus was home. She was grateful to it for its protection, but it wasn't hers. She hadn't seen him since. She didn't even know if he had gotten out after the collapse.  

She shook herself out of her thoughts, and finally, truly observing it, was quite impressed with the markets. It was a bustling hub of activity, some played music while others danced around the bonfires, Others sat in quiet nooks and took turns telling stories, some real, and others more fantastical.  One mare, in particular, caught her eyes. She had silvery wings like a fairy and a long mane and tail that she certainly had the right to brag about.  She stood alone, away from the crowd. If Luvena was a wilted rose, this woman was in full bloom.

She decided to go introduce herself before she lost her nerve. She drew her neck up into something that resembled an arch. As much as she could manage, and did her best to still the trembling that was ever-present in her thin limbs.  She stopped a few feet away, not that anyone would ever find her threatening, but she appreciated when others did the same for her. "good evening"  she spoke softly, a quality that had not changed in many years. She had always believed that the only ones worth speaking to, were those who listened. "I'm Luvena, I've only just come to Novus. I'm..." she hesitated "Trying to rebuild" She let her lips quirk up in a gentle smile, while she waited for the mares response.

@Caelum

(Sorry for the ugly post, my old post table does not seem to like this site)

Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
The Night was alive.

Both the night, in the time of day, and Denocte as well. There was a sort of delight she had in the feeling of so much hustle and bustle, of activity and flow of energies. So much life all around her. The chatter of new friends being made, and old friends reconnecting. Stories being told, songs being sung and so much more. It was an amazing thing, a sight for her disaster weary eyes. A breath of fresh air to her desperate lungs. So she allowed the sounds around her to lull her in, to soothe her rumbled wings and calm the thoughts that never seem to still in her minds (even now it still wasn't totally calm with in her head). She looked around slowly, watching the others around her, but still, even among the crowd, she was isolating herself. A bad habit when death befalls those around her.

Hoofsteps.

The sound had her ears perking, twirling to the side as her chocolate gaze turned up. Someone was heading in her direction - though surely not to her. Why would someone choose to approach her among the amount of individuals dancing and being just far more cheerful and grand then she. That was until she took a good luck at the other, watching her flinch from the fires, noticing the way she looked, to thin like she hadn't had a good meal in who knows how long. It was like an instant switch was thrown inside the blue-roaned fairy - an instant concern for the way she looked, the lack of health she seemed to have? Was she . . . okay?

She didn't look it.

And she did appear to have been searching out Caelum, as she stopped a few feet away, trying to seem as less threatening as possible. The poor dear was trembling on her limbs, that looked hardly strong enough to possibly hold her frame up. The femme couldn't seem in the slightest as threatening or scary. She spoke softly and Cael's ears twitched to catch the words, her smile a gentle one as she introduced herself as Luvena - being new to Novus to rebuild. Caelum's own returned smile was warm and caring, "Greetings, my name is Caelum Bella Knoxx, but please, do call me by Caelum. Are you feeling well? You appear rather under the weather. Won't you lay down with me? You're positively trembling . . ."

Concern, simple concern.

It flooded her voice, was held deep with in her chocolate eyes as she looked at the mare before her shifting to even offer her a space to fold her limbs, "I don't believe I've see you around Denocte, though I am fairly new myself . . . Are you of one of the other courts?" She asked in a way to continue the conversation (and subtly observe the other - her concern for her great). She did not look well with the dullness to her pelt and the lack luster of her eyes. The poor dear.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena

Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

It had been a while since someone had truly spoken to her. More than a hello. The past two years had been spent searching, and she hadn't come across many along the way.  Even though the marketplace was humming with activity, it was still almost peaceful in a way. aside from the bonfires.  She watched carefully as the mare responded, ever the quiet observer. She noted the way her ears flicked forward to listen to her own words.  something she deeply appreciated.

She had to keep herself from withdrawing when she noticed the concern in the mare's face. It had been years since she had had to see that look. It was one she had grown used to a long time ago, but never comfortable with.  She noted the way the mare introduced herself with her full name and briefly wondered if she should have done the same. She would have at one time, but it didn't seem important to her anymore.  

She decided to accept the mare's invitation to lay beside her but spoke at the same time. "Please do not worry for me" she replied. "I know I look..." she paused, looking for the right word. "Concerning. But, I'm fine, really. I have seen worse days and better days" She tried to reassure Caelum with a smile. "The trembling comes with the twig legs. It's a pleasure to meet you" she finished, trying to make light of her own situation.

She listened as the fairy continued. She noted as well that though what was clear in her eyes and voice was concern, there was something else too. Sorrow. She would not have been able to see it, was she too not all too familiar with the feeling. "I'm of Dusk Court, a medic, though only recently" she wasn't even sure if it was the right fit for her, it was just the first place that she found.  "And yourself? I take it you know the place better than I. I didn't even know this herdlands name until now"

@Caelum

Night Court Medic

Caelum
Companionship.

When was the last time she had really had some of that. Don't mistake her for not being friendly or even social however: Caelum could handle herself just as well as the next Princess in front of others. It just came down to the fact that as well as Caelum made friends, they didn't define her. She was just as comfortable by herself (maybe even a little more comfortable) as she was in a large group of equine. It was rare for Caelum to spend time surrounded by tons of others, taking part in the conversation, and being part of that gathering in the truest sense. She actively avoided having to be in the center of it all as well. Even her own coronation she had snuck away to the balcony for a good thirty minutes just to get away - Arson had found her there and the two had laughed about the number of ponies that had been practically climbing over themselves to meet them.

Arson.

He was her first love, and like any 'first' he had been far nearer and dearer to her heart than those that had come to pass after. Arson had grown up with her, her absolute best friend. They knew everything about each other, had seen so much together . . . loved each other so deeply. His death had been her lowest point, her hardest point. Had it not been for sweet Shiori who had spoken to her about moving on and moving forward she often questioned if she would have been able to do so. Shiori had in many ways saved her life, she had brought her out of that despair and nurtured Caelum into acceptance and then moving on from the loss of Arson. The wound would never fully heal - a love like she and Arson had left an imprint upon her soul . . . but because of Shiori, that dark patch was over, and she now lived in honor of those she'd lost.

The number rose.

The only flaw in it all - the number of dead around her, loved ones lost and buried . . . it kept rising, and rising. It was what kept Caelum now from fully diving into the bonfire and making new friends. A part of her was afraid of the possibility of losing anyone else. Afraid that they'd suffer the hand of fate too soon, another life plowed in it's prime. She was terrified of history repeating itself. And yet another had still come, still approached, still spoke. Luvena. She most have noticed the concern Caelum expressed, for Caelum could see a shift of something as her expression had changed to concern. Whether it was body language, or merely her ability to read others that she'd developed solely for the use in a war room or greeting hall she no longer needed, something had shifted in the little mare.

I'm fine, really.

Even as Luvena said the words, Caelum's expression didn't change, didn't shift. She did offer a smile for the other mare when she admitted that she looked concerning, but having seen worse - and better days - had Caelum's thoughts spinning, "Please do not perceive me rude for asking, but do you suffer from a chronic ailment? It's just the way your words had been phrased, you're aware you don't look well, but you admit to having seen worse days. That eludes to a cycle, or I'd assume so." Still she would rather the other get of the 'twig legs' and relax. It was hard enough not to mother her already, Caelum's instincts had always leaned towards care and protect.

Anyone.

It didn't matter who they were, instinct would always direct her down that path - she just could bear others being hurt around her. The female spoke again though - stating it a pleasure to meet her. Caelum's eyes warmed to soft chocolate, and her head dipped just so: angled to not be below another (It's unsightly for a princess to bow lower than a low ranking lady, head up higher), but still dipping in greeting an acknowledgement, "Please, the pleasure is mine. You have saved me from making a spectacle of myself attempting to engage in small talk, it's never been a strong suit of mine." She returned pleasurably.

Always stately.

Caelum was understated in her more regal upbringing, but it didn't calm the teachings that had been encouraged of her from her youth. The way she spoke, her speech eloquent and learned. Her mannerisms, the way she held herself. Compassion but firmness. Kindness but determination. One hand swung the sword while the other held out bread. She was raised to be the queen to tender the citizens just as much as the queen to lead her armies forward at the helm. So much for lessons, like she'd need them now. Need them ever again. The other spoke, stating not just her court but rank, and Caelum nodded softly, even as her gaze cast gently over the market and those within it, "I am of the Night Court, yes. A medic myself." She shared willingly before glancing back towards the mare beside her, her gaze once more casting over the other's appearance. Her wings shifting, the veined film brushing against one another faintly and sending a scattering of fairy dust into a soft breeze, "I do not much care for the feeling of being out of sort. I prefer to be aware of everything around me. I made sure to learn the names of the court lands, and who their sovereigns are . . . or were, I hear that those of Dusk and Day have recently welcomed new leads to the helm. Mother and Father raised me that it's a knowledgeable horse that won't be forsaken by surprise." But how had that knowledge helped Arson, or any of the others she had lost. Still . . . she can't not be who she is. And she is still a crowned princess of a destroyed, and dead kingdom.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena

Night Court Sovereign

and then there was Herstial. It was so long ago, and yet she still remembered it like it was yesterday. She had loved Obyana so deeply. The way his heavy footsteps fell upon the ground as he came up to her room, knocking quietly, to see if she was awake or not.  He always woke her on his way anyways with the footsteps. She had found the white stripes over his broad shoulders so alluring, He was lying the whole time. and he was good at it. He lied, right up until he was coronated beside her. He didn't even wait for her father to step off the podium before she saw the switch. It was like he had become cold. He wouldn't look at her. Only the crowd. and then he ended all of them. setting gently woven houses of willow in the lower levels of the city aflame, and letting it spread to the castle.

He didn't even stay to finish the job, instead, turning to chase them, the royals, out.  She remembered her mother shoving her roughly into a tight space under a rock. a sort of alcove.  As much as she had wanted to come out and keep running with them, her mother had been smart. knowing that after the run, once she pushed her in, she wouldn't have the strength to come back out.   She had waited there trembling all night. when she finally crept out, smoke filled the air and her lungs.  She had found her parents' bodies not far from there. 

It felt like yesterday... But it also felt so far away. She had been a princess once, something she often forgot. When she had first come to Elysium, two years after the coronation, she had it fresh in her memory. She never greeted something without squaring her feet, and forcing her head into an arch.  Always chose her words carefully (that still held true). Introduced herself with a full name. Now she often feared she had forgotten her last name. She had used it for a short time when she was Queen of Crucis, and after that, never again. 

Caelum had reminded her though. She could see the traits. The way she was careful how low she dipped her head. Her stance before they had laid down.  Her overall mannerisms. 

The woman's question took her aback for a moment. No one had asked her before. Most asked if she was alright and then danced around their own questions, trying not to be offensive. In all honesty, it was refreshing.  " I don't believe you rude at all" she replied. "I'd rather people ask that stare at me wondering. I do. I have from the time I was born. It's nothing I'm not used to" she stopped for a moment. thinking if she should ask what she was about to. " I suppose it's my turn to ask a prying question then? You hold your neck up as if you have to impress, though you have no need for it here. You dip your head to be sure that it stays above my own, and you hold a look that I am all too familiar with. So my assumption, I suppose, rather than a question, is that you were once royalty, a queen or princess. I suppose even duchess. Though you no longer hold that title"

It was not often that she took it upon herself to be so forthcoming. Typically she reserved her thoughts for those she knew well, but the mare seemed kind enough. Worst-case scenario, she would return to dusk court, and more than likely, never see the mare again.  Seeing as she had just said she was of the night court.

The words struck a chord with Luvena. She had felt that way once. In Elysium, the first thing she had done was learn the herds, the firstborns. She had worshipped each one at the gardens, and seen some of them in action. And she had done the same for Mythos, only for it to dissapear a month later.  She hadn't intended to let bitterness creep into her voice as she replied, but it did so anyways. "I'd like to make sure this one doesn't collapse, or whither before I get attached"

@Caelum

Night Court Medic

Caelum
A princess is a lady.

Her mother had explained that to her plenty of times as she spoke of the way Caelum must carry herself, how to read others and how to read a courtroom. How to know when to politely accept a dance, and how to catch her father's eye subtly when she needed a well timed rescue. Caelum had only recently lost her kingdom, her people, her parents and her crown in one fell swoop . . . No, the crown was still hers . . . and she was well aware that before the Autumnius Court had closed their gates, protected their capital by magic, citizens of Primulan City, her home; had found shelter there . . . But Florumian Court - the lands the court had governed for so long . . . they were decimated by the wrath of those who had acted in vengeance against her. Her parents' lifeless corpses had waited for her to stumble upon them with in the chamber, her mother and father with the determination still captured on their faces, frozen in a time of protecting their people and their court.

Nocte's body was gone.

She was hopefully he had led as many to the safety of Autumnius Court, where his best friend and the heir to the former Winter Fae court had welcomed them. He'd have been the sort to find the out like that, knew all the secret ways to Autumolos from his time venturing their to further a friendship that their parents had originally detested. She prayed it was that friendship that sheltered her people now. Kept them safe until the time the Florumian Court might be able to be re-established, if it could ever successfully be so. As of her last time fluttering through those lands, those monsters still lay in wait, watching for her return to finish off what they had started. But Caela had hope - the longer she waited them out, the more likely they'd give up.

Hope.

It was what pushed Cae further on, what drove her to being more than just a shell of a mare who'd lost so much. She'd seen death and destruction up close. She'd buried a child before she should have ever had to. She'd seen the light of Arson's vibrant green eyes pale into the dull green-grey of death. She'd whispered her goodbyes to the stars, and shed more tears in the rain than she cared to remember, but hope pulled her forward. Hope that her kingdom would one day become alive - even if it was her heir that would have to lead them on. Hope that this bad luck curse that left those around her as good as dead would be lifted, and she might find happiness and friendship once again (she'd already decided any more romances were out of the question - three dead lovers was three too many).

No, no more.

But, perhaps friends could be gained once more - and perhaps it started as simply as this - a conversation that led into knowing more about one another. Luvena was quick to assure her that she hadn't been rude, and stated that she had her ailment from the time of her birth. Those words helped Caelum's concern die a touch more into reluctant acceptance - an ailment that long, than surely the mare would have had a handle on it, even if her limbs trembled like a leaf, and she was faint enough that a mild breeze might knock her over, "If you do not mind, what sort of ailment is it that you suffer from - especially for so long?" And was there anything Cael could do to help?

She knew.

But then, it can't be too hard to read all of the subtle mannerisms Caelum carried, the perfect daughter, the perfect princess, the perfect future queen. A soft smile touched Caela's face as she gently inclined her head in an affirmative before she allowed herself to re-introduce herself, "Please, I am Caelum Bella Knoxx, Crowned Princess of the Florumian Court, the Blessed Flower of Primulan City." She spoke the words softly, but with an underlining power and strength. Her titles were a source of who she was, a pride in her people and her court. "Although, I do fear there is little left of the once beautiful lands of Florumian Court. Not after those vile beings came and destroyed it all. But the titles, they are still mine to hold." Her face softened, a soft sorrow touching her features, but she braved the memories with a smile. Not all had died, Autumnius Court had proven the alliance between the Summer and Winter Courts strong.

The survivors were safe.

At the other's sudden bitterness Caela's head snapped towards her, her expression softening with surprise and then gentle understanding, "Living life waiting for history to repeat and tarnish the world around you is no life to live. You'll fade into bitterness and regret." How often had Shiori said the same things to her, "Even when it seems hard, coming back from such a disaster . . . don't focus on the sorrow and heartache. Live for the hope, live your life fully for those who did not. And . . . remember that even when the world seems bleak and cold and we feel so alone . . . our loved ones never truly leave our side." She owed so much to Shiori, but perhaps she could share some of that wisdom with another now.

If only for a moment.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena

Night Court Sovereign

She had been sick for as long as she could remember. She understood that they didn't think she would survive her first night, let alone the first year. She had been born a month early, before spring came to Herstial. She had often refused to nurse as a child. Her parents brought in many healers, who prescribed various treatments. The first recommended getting her out to train and exercise, attributing her fragility to a lack of stimulation. That had proven ineffective very quickly, and it only caused her condition to worsen. The second recommended a treatment regimen of herbs and food, and predicted that she would be well by her second birthday. Within a month there was no improvement. It continued, for a while. No one ever said what was wrong with her, and eventually her parents settled for the fact that she would not get better. The only thing they got out of the healers, was a list of herbs that would help ease her symptoms. 

She remembered as a child wishing to play with the other foals. sons and daughters of nobles, and having to stay inside either due to a headache or a fever. Even when she felt well she was not allowed to go out.  All the kingdom knew of her ailment, though most did not see her until she was three when she began making public appearances at long last.  Her crown was made of willow wood, so as not to be too heavy. The maids doused her hair in oils to bring some shine to it, and braided it to hide how thin it was. They rubbed the same oils into her coat so that it would shine like that of a healthy woman. However, there was no hiding her hips or ribs. 

Of course, no one dared say anything. For one they couldn't, after all, it was not good practice to get on the monarch's bad side. But also, she was fairly well regarded by the people.  She had begged for years for her parents too allow her some responsibility, too which they relented eventually.  They gave her the role of liaison, between the council and the lower classes. So every day she felt well enough, she would take a promenade through the lower classes, where she would speak to the builders, the smiths, and all alike, about the conditions there. When Obyana came into the picture, he often accompanied her. 

She had thought she would never bear children nor grow old. Of course, she did bear children, but only because she had begged the firstborns to allow her to do so. and it had taken its toll. It was only on Vegas goodwill that she had survived in the end.  Survived to see Elysium crumble that was. Sometimes she wondered if it was a blessing or a curse. 

She was relieved to see the concern on Caelum face fade a little. "The healers never found out, or at least if they did, I was never privy to that information myself. Mostly it causes pain. Headaches,  joint pain, fatigue. On a normal day  the latter are always present, but manageable. Good days are the same but lesser. Bad days are... Unsightly. I've had good practice in shouldering them"

She was pleased to know that her assumption had been correct, and decided to allow the mare some knowledge of her own past. They had come this far after all. "Luvena Devika Xiaoli. Crowned Princess, of what was once the kingdom of Herstial. It's not a title I keep anymore. That was a long time ago"  She reached out to softly touch the mare's shoulder. "I'm sorry your kingdom was lost. I know what it's like, I've been there more than once"

It was silly, and rude. But she couldn't help but laugh at Caelums words. "My apologies. It's only... I've preached those same words to others more than once. I plan to settle here, I just..." she trailed off with a deep sigh, her heart aching for times gone by. "I need to know, before I do, that this one is going to last."

@Caelum

Night Court Medic

Caelum
Limitless unknowns.

Wasn't that what the mysteries of life was all about. There was so much unknown, so much that seemed to just be, with out a rhyme or reason why. Why did some suffer from unknown illnesses, that was a prime example and it seemed Luvena was the poster child for that. How one could not know what was wrong with them but be this strong about it - she was stronger than she seemed on the outside. To face each day with that kind of unknown hanging on them. She had to acknowledge the inner strength in that, and Cael would never fault to acknowledge the strength of another.

A great inner strength.

Still some of the concerns of Caelum did lessen, it was true that there was little that could be done for her that hadn't already been done, and the fact that the girl was a medic herself there wasn't much of a chance of Caelum being likely to help in any means either. Her wings shifted in disappointment at that, draping with a little less luster. Cael preferred to always help others when she could, and having to acknowledge that there wasn't much she could do to help was a touch difficult to the mare. But the other did offer some more information and explanation on what was wrong with the poor girl. Mostly pain was no way to live. Headaches, joint pain, even fatigue, "What is it that you are doing, or taking to control the worst of it now? I assume you're on something to try and control some of the pain even on normal days, am I right?" She did ask, her mind already cataloging all the information she did know in regards of herbs: daisy leaves to help with aches when applied though dandelion roots can be chewed to relieve pain as well and easier than wearing a paste. Bachelor Buttons, or Feverfew; would probably be best for the headaches and joint pain - though it also is used for fevers. However a mixture of Juniper Berries and
Ragwort leaves would probably be her recommendation (with Feverfew added as necessary for the headache), crushed and eaten together the combination would help the fatigue and the joint paint - and with fever few for the headaches, it might lessen the bad days . . . unless it's already been tried. Clearly healing wasn't the case - but controlling could be.

Cael just wanted to help.

She was surprised at how easy it was for another to recognize who she was - that was until Luvena introduced herself with a full name. Herstial. Caela hadn't heard of the kingdom before - although the fae Ponies rarely ventured far from their homes, Cael was the exception with needing to heal from grief and then a need to attend to those less fortunate, save those unable to save themselves. Caelum was silent for a moment before speaking gently to the other, "I'm sorry for your loses as well . . . having to see your home crumbled is hard, the pain in seeing your citizens last moments of fear frozen on their faces is so much worse." Her words were soft, forlorn as she spoke, her gaze shifting to a distance unable to be seen with her sight.

A rough headshake.

Her attention reutnred to Luvena as the other suddenly began to laugh, even as she apologized to Caelum. The young mare didn't need to apologize, the laugh was a relieving sound, proof that perhaps Luvena wasn't as need in healing as she felt, "No need to apologize, please. I'm glad you can say those words to others." As the other had trailed off, Caelum gently nodded her own head in understanding. "Sometimes it's worth taking that leap of faith, but only you can decide when you're ready too. And if you ever need help being reminded that the world is still standing tall and proud, please don't hesitate to ever search me out." The mare offered with a reassuring smile to her, expression kind and welcoming.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena

Night Court Sovereign

She shook her head slightly. She only took herbs when she had too. She had discovered quickly when she was younger that if she took them every time she felt any pain, she would begin to develop a resistance to the effects of the herbs. "I have a fair few, that I try to rotate. poppy seed and chamomile to soothe. Feverfew and borage  for headaches and fever.  Daisy leaf, if I can find it, but it wasn't common in Elysium, and not in season for long. Lavendar too, but not often for the same reason. I dry Marigiold leaves sometimes and save them for the winter.  Ragwort is good, but honestly I can't stand the taste so I avoid it unless it's all I can find. I prefer a mix of Sorrel and Raspberry leaf. Regardless I don't use them unless I have to. Eat too many too often, and you will stop feeling their affects. "

Really they were just for control. they never really took the pain away, only made it more bearable, but she supposed that that was better than nothing. 

"I found a cure once in Elysium" she ventured  "It seemed a permanent solution, however, it turned out that it does not hold outside of the land."

She dipped her head slightly at the mares next words. It seemed that the fae had experienced it more recently than herself. She knew all too well that there wasn't anything she could say that would lessen the pain felt. "The best we can do is carry on, heads held high. If we were truly fair and kind nobles, than the people know we would have stopped it had we been able" 

She nodded gently. "Thank you" she murmured. "I have met few in this land, and all are kind, but it's nice to meet someone who shares such experiences. who knows. " She pulled herself shakily to her hooves, listening to them clip on the stones. "I should be heading back. It was a pleasure to meet you. I hope we may do so again." she meant it. It had been a long time, since she had met someone who she connected with in such a way. After Io Kairavi died she had felt an emptiness, one that not even Cavalier or Liatris or Eremuris could fill. perhaps in Novus she would finally fill in the hole Io Kairavi had left in her heart. 

@Caelum
a closer :) sorry it took so long. hope we can thread these 2 again sometime!!!