Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Fall] Levels of Fear

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

Bel stood before the cornmaze, her cyan glow cast the area into the soft colors of the ocean at night, an almost familiar hue thanks to having seen it night, after night, after night. She'd heard stories about this place, how it grew scarier at night as others tried their best to scare you. A part of her was hesitant to enter, but another part was curious. What was it that these land-dwelling types feared? Would they have creatures with as many teeth as a hungry shark? Or with many arms like the giant squid? Would they be mythical in basis? Or monsters of the past? Would they be from another world, creatures of tales of the stars? Her aquatic tail swayed as she stood before the entrance, curiosity growing and growing and growing . . . but the fear wasn't present. Yet.

She wasn't sure if it would be. A large part of her knew many references to scary things she might not understand - that was the problem with growing up in another biome, a completely separate biome. Still, curiosity prevailed and so she squared her shoulders, flexed her dorsal fin, and her head held high she entered the maze, glancing around at the corn around her. She'd heard of the collections of stalks being referred to as a sea of corn, and as they swayed in the wind, and were cast with her soft cyan glow, she could definitely see why. Perhaps that was what aided in her lack of fear - how can one be afraid in this? Her steps were sure, but curious - gone was the awkward steps of when she first started to travel the land (sure she was tripped up occasionally if she wasn't ready for a change of the of ground type), and now she walked far more gracefully - not quite the same as when she was in the water, but growing closer.

She trotted along, a faint smile on her face as she simply moved through the trails and passageways, watching the never-ending sea of corn continue to pop up around her. Turn a corner, more corn. Suddenly head down another path. More corn still. Of course, she wasn't bothering with trying to figure her way out, seeing little to no need for it. If she got lost, so be it, it'd be fun to further explore in an attempt to find her way out, right? She grinned to herself, flashing a touch of sharper fangs (necessary when part of your diet was small fish, and other marine animals). This was a lot of fun so far. She continued further into the maze, curious about when it was supposed to be scary.

Grrrawrrr The rough, throaty sound came from the left as a figure lunged towards her, dressed like a furry creature of some sort. Bel tilted her head, confused and staring at the individual as the rough sound repeated before she blinked innocently, "Are you alright, your voice sounds as rough as coral? Do you need some water? Can I get you anything?" She asked with a curious concern. The individual seemed to deadpan in shock at her, but finally turned to let Bel pass. Bel's concern increased, her expression uncertain, "Wait, but are you certain you're okay? Are you sure you don't want any water?" She called after the retreating figure. She never got any response, so with a sigh Bel continued on further. 

But she still didn't understand how this was scary.

Thoughts
Speech

Notes: Naturally, my little alien from the deep has a difference in opinion to 'scary'.

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]