Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The Cycle of Life

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Teal [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 5
Signos: 460
Inactive Character

family=Playfair+Display|Raleway" rel="stylesheet">
it's hard not to stand in
awe and enchantment

The world was the calling of my heart and it was there for me, and for all, to explore and love as if we owned it. However, no land was truly owned by anyone other than its wonderful creator whose imagination must be vast compared to us common dwellers. I smile softly, finding a fondness for the doe as spirit sparkled in her eyes at the mention of adventure. “Directions? I couldn’t provide you with any – Just follow the path your heart carves and you’ll find what you want to find, even if you’re not sure what that is,” I let her speak and then wonder, eyes coursing the foal like, doe like, horse like figurine that she was, curiosity on the tip of my tongue. “Where do you come from?”

Mother Nature was that beautiful being I loved so much. If she did not want me to travel up the Mountains that day then it was my honour to bow to her wishes and reevaluate my exploration. Another day would come, bright and sunny and I would follow my call again and complete the feat of mastering the climb and reaching the top. I shrugged it off and had continued my merry way, still blessed to bump into a few others who had satisfied my need to learn.

I continued to watch as she paid grace to the fallen doe, quiet and thoughtful. I glanced to the burial and felt at ease that someone so wonderful could be here to pay proper respects, more than I could ever do with just my hooves. “Your duty is honourable Ah – Um, I never got your name?” I wanted to savour the memories of the most pure I met, I wanted to savour the memory of everyone I met so I could recall, think back and believe that the world is a good place. She was definitely one of the good ones and maybe one day we would bump paths again. Perhaps, whilst exploring.

ooc: sorry for trash
tags: @Callynite

with the beauty in which
nature expresses herself
CREDITS

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
The little druid doe smiled faintly, tilting her head, before shaking her head, "My guiding force was once my heart, directing me to wonders I couldn't imagine, following the trails my hooves picked up upon . . . but now I walk with another guide, I follow the very energies as the course the earth. The things they eagerly wish to show me, for me to see fill me with more wonder than I could ever imagine." The aura of green around her seemed to perk at those words, draping more heavily, more densely over her shoulder, movements similar to the stroking of her shoulders visible in the way the sentient energy seemed to move of it's own free will, clinging tightly to the mare that lived with in the currents now just as she walked the earth that flourished from those magically energetic flows. He spoke again, this tinkering male, and Cally glances at him when he asks of where she comes from, and her smile widens.

"Originally? We called our land 'The Thicket.' I don't believe we ever gave it a more sincere name, but that was name enough - more descriptive than most anything else. Magic sung through all of the beings that lived in that area, many forming it to their own preferences, we were a hunter and gatherer sort of people, eager to see and eager to explore - perhaps it's why I find exploration so freeing now. My home is unreachable now, I'm afraid. I walked through a portal to get here, but I don't know how or when I exited the portal to land on Novus - I simply woke beside a stream after the fact. But I'm growing fond of Novus now more than I can say." The trees around her seem to chitter to her happily with that, eager that she had accepted so freely, delighted that she was happy with them. Many whispered happily to her, voices fading in and out as the connection between she and the wavelength they spoke on continuing to balance and not always running at one hundred percent.

Cally had to flush faintly as she realized she hadn't introduced herself, and allowed an apologetic smile to touch her features, "Oh, forgive me, my name is Callynite, but most call me Cally. I'm part of the Dawn Court - though with out any true ranking or assignment." A brief whisper reached her, a voice she knew but hadn't heard since the magic was released from her, But who are you, and she bowed her head to the currents, the energy flows that urged her to accept herself fully again, and amended her previous words, "But the earth considers me precious, I'm a druid of the earth." He might not know what that may mean, but for Cally it meant she would forever preserve the balance and beauty and health of the earth and all of it's inhabitants - both flora and fauna. And she was proud to acknowledge that the druid in her had been returned to her.

"Speech"
@Atlaas

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »