Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - Sky Full of Stars

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Teal [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 5
Signos: 460
Inactive Character

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
Everything you want's a dream away

We were racing.

The river and I toe to toe, only I was not as fluid as the liquid that gushed crashing on the rocks in the sunken gorge.

But I flew.

Leaping, bounding from each pointed rock that played obstacle, I could have closed my eyes and shouted in glee at how wonderful life must be to feel so alive. My heart beating from my chest, blood pumping as warm as love through my loins whilst my haunches propelled me to keep up with the rapid currents. I had raced rivers before, but under the beaming smile of the moon, stars flashing in praise of the competition, I found a new lease of energy that made the moment spectacular. I imagined the moon racing me too, rushing in orbit to keep up as I did with the copious water, splattering my sides with a refreshing coolness every now and then. My teeth shone from my jaw and I raised my head with an impressive shake, calling to the night and announcing my merriment.

My sides heaved with each breath, sweat dampening my coat. The river balanced into a peaceful pool that later trickled into a stream, prettily reflecting in the moon and I rolled. Rubbing my back on the grass, heartily laughing as my legs kicked into the air and I scratched. Oh, I scratched well, till soon my pelt was muddied when I sat up. My laughter ceased, and simply I watched. That stars lit up the sky, galaxies splattered across the pitch canvas and I wondered how beautiful it much be to stand upon the moon and look down on our planet. I longed for wings, wings could take me higher than my horns but even though the Pegasus’ could reach limits I never could, they could never reach the limits I wanted to achieve.

My goals were beyond the limits of my mind. I didn’t yet know what I wanted to see because who has any idea of what we don’t know? I question the boundaries of our confinements and wonder what it’s like to be a star.

ooc: Experimenting with writing:3
tags: 

Under this pressure, under this weight
We are diamonds taking shape

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 123 — Threads: 14
Signos: 520
Inactive Character

I am not like any ordinary world

He watches the man that rolls within the grass. Mud churns up, rubbing deep into his skin. The earth smells of metal and rain though the skies above are clear like glass. Through it the universe lays herself out in all her splendour.

How many nights had Leonidas and his sister slept beneath this endless sky? How many nights had he watched the moon like this man does? The forest boy steps out from his cover of trees. He is mud covered too - as all small boys should be. But his hair is tangled, leaves and twigs and stones and forest trinkets hanging from within it. It is unclear whether they were intentionally woven there or if time just wove his hair around them until they are as much a part of him as the gold of his mane.

Slim and lithe the boy moves along the bank, following the bend of the river. He reaches the man’s side, where he lies in the grass and looks up, up, up. Leo lays down beside him, a small sun boy - a once prince of Terrastella and smiles at the moon. They sit and lie together this man and this boy and for a long moment Leonidas says nothing, until, ‘Are those white things other worlds?” He says of the stars that twinkle and seem to laugh like the man had been just moments before.

@Atlaas

"Speaking."
credits

Inactive Character

A warm presence grew in my quiet moments alone with the twinkles. 

I greeted him with a smile and silence so pure it could not be mistaken for ill company.

Under the stays we lay, strangers in comfortable company and I longed that more precious moments like this were true. Brunette and golden he was, an impressive sight to eye I was sure and though I sat smaller than he I felt an equal ease between our beings. Then words broke the silence and I craned my muzzle as if touching the gleaming jewels decorating the dominating mass of black. My sweat was beginning to dry and the beat of my heart relax after my race with the current and I shared my knowledge of the unknown.

“Can you imagine that they are in fact, burning?” My lips paused and I closed my eyes, imagining what they looked like up close. Maybe one day, I would reach them. No. One day I would reach them, and I’d discover all that I did not know. “They’re too beautiful to be burning,”

“Stars,” My lids reopened, wide with wander and curiosity. I eyed the world with a sense of desire, aspired to make sense of what we did not know, yearning to learn what others did not. I turn my lowered my nose and rested my chin in the grass, outstretched, pondering on the future. “Do you think we’ll ever reach them? To know and understand what they truly are?”

ooc: 
tags: @Leonidas

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 123 — Threads: 14
Signos: 520
Inactive Character

I am not like any ordinary world

The stars are like clouds in the sky, so great are they in number. The child lies beneath them and as he lies and looks up, it is easy to feel like he is falling through them. Here in this absolute dark, where the night sky seems to dance about itself in a circle - where the dust of stars is the cloth of Caligo’s flowing skirts - the world seems so utterly vast.

He draws in a breath so full of dreams and mysteries. Slowly the foal turns his head to listen as the stranger speaks. "My mummy told me that that they are suns. She said their glow is like the gold my sister and I have…” Leonidas does not turn the sunbright of his gaze - gilded and lit by fire - from the twinkling stars. "...but I cannot imagine them as yellow because they are white and so very small.”

Do you think we will ever reach them?

The boy blinks. He does not speak, not for long moments. The silence settles herself amidst the stallion and the child. It is comfortable and Leonidas lets himself drift in its company. "I want to. My mummy did but that was because she could travel through time and space and go to different worlds.” That was how she left me, he doesn’t say. Already his grief is growing manageable. Already the boy and his twin sister have learnt how to live as orphans.

@Atlaas

"Speaking."
credits

Inactive Character

My father and I would sit under the stars on a clear night like this. He’d tell me of astrology and how the stars projected our individual futures and although I lay my beliefs in the reality of science, I couldn’t help look up to them and dream that maybe our fates were told by their twinkle. We’d spot constellations together, and once I had drawn a map marking them all. But the parchment was a long lost segment of my youth that one day I’d have to redraw before finding him again.

“Suns? Perhaps, our sun is a star, you know,” I smile warmly to the younger and nod at his statement. “You truly do glow like the gilt gold of the sun, you must be special,” What brilliance, to be so young and innocent, untainted by the world and hardship. I thought of my mother as I gazed up. Sometimes my father would say she was up there too but, I could not believe him. Like everything other being, we fed the earth that raised us to provide substance for new life. That was how I chose to remember her.

“Oh, did she? Me and your mother will have to meet, I’m sure she has a lot to teach me,” I beamed at learning. New knowledge or corrected beliefs, I yearned for it. “I’m sure one day, she’ll take you to see planets and stars and suns,” And I chuckled, reaching out to him and gently nudging his shoulder before pulling back with my smile of welcome. “You might just have a joyrider tagging along,”

ooc: sorry for the wait!
tags: @Leonidas