Novus
Hello, Guest! Register

- Aspara's Log

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 51 — Threads: 9
Signos: 135
Night Court Youth
Female [She/Her/Hers] // 1 [Year 503 Winter] // 16 hh // Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21 // Active Magic: Psychometry // Bonded: Furfur (Wraith Wolf)

ASPARA'S THREAD TRACKER

In Progress:
1. Oh little Life
2. Carnival of Souls
3. Dreams have never made my bed
4. Shopping and shipping
5. Til we're legends
6. Come back and haunt me

Inactive:
1. To the earth and the sky, - "Alright, where are you, you little shits?"
2. Dead branch breaking, but not breaking - "I could be a myth, if I wanted. Or a fable, a fairytale, a god. I sat on this knowledge, a dragon with her gleaming treasure."

Complete:
1. Beneath the black moon tonight -  "I wanted to turn my broken heart into a weapon but all it did was tear at the inside of my chest"
2. Butterfly dreams - "I decide I want to be nice to him. Which is probably to say my heart decided the second I met him, but it took my brain that long to catch up."
3. Turn away from the window - "He takes her seriously, because she is a serious girl."
4. Come with me into the sunflowers - "Do flowers always talk in riddles?"
5. Electric grey - "I'd kill to be a stormcloud"

In which she makes an appearance:
1. A twilight thick and starless - " In my memory it was silent. I know it wasn’t but that’s just how I remember it: me and her and nothing else, not even the beating of my heart."

Night Court Youth
Female [She/Her/Hers] // 1 [Year 503 Winter] // 16 hh // Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21 // Active Magic: Psychometry // Bonded: Furfur (Wraith Wolf)

ASPARA'S EXPERIENCE TRACKER
Base Experience: 10 EXP ---- Experience Gained: +11 EXP
Total Experience: 21 EXP

Complete:
+3 - Self-written quest for an interactive agora item: Furfur
+5 - Advent calendar 2019
+3 - Complete 5 Threads: 3985,4025,4255,4450,4536

Unclaimed:
n/a

In Progress:

Night Court Youth

You followed me into the sunflowers.

It was late morning and the snow glittered beneath the sun’s sleepy touch. Even though we could not have been the first horses to walk the bridge that day, the path appeared to be untouched. Only after I crossed the bridge did I turn to look behind me, convinced that my trail would vanish by some strange magic. But my hoofprints remained; little half moons in a determined line straight across the bridge. The first mystery of the day.

Did you follow me on purpose? Or were you drawn to them too?

The sunflowers were in a snowy clearing. I don’t remember how far I walked until I found them-- I was distracted by the trees, and the way beams of sunlight seemed to float in the cold air, and the immense quiet of it all. I knew there were birds on the island, for they left little forking tracks in the snow and tiny nests far above my reach. But the groves were completely silent except for the quiet crunch underfoot. On more than one occasion I stopped and held my breath and felt the perfect stillness of the world around me. I wished sister was with me. I also wished to be completely alone. It was one of those strange still places where I could be two things at once.

But the sunflowers. I did not realize that was my destination until I saw them, bright yellow through the trees like a beacon. The way they swayed in the winter wind, it almost looked like they were waving me closer. And the nature of my magic was such that I could not be sure they weren’t.

I approached slow and steady, as was my way. When I brought my lips to the boldly colored flowers, a tittering laughter filled the clearing. High-pitched and bright. I felt it ringing in my bones like a bell. Then I laughed too, for the sound was infectious. Deep belly laughs, like laughter was the most important thing in the world. Furfur bristled at my side, uncertain.

And then you were there, and the sunflowers and I stopped laughing at the same time.

But it was no longer silent. The birds had returned, and their warm song filled the space between us. I smiled with my lips still pressed to the golden flower.

Can you hear them too?

I wanted to hear your voice before I turned to face you. I wanted to paint a picture of you without seeing what you looked like, and then compare my imagination to reality to see which prevailed. It was a childish game, one I could only lose (for reality would never prevail), but I didn’t care. I was a bored and lonely girl, and I had to get my entertainment somewhere.

a s p a r a

Code:
<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Amiri" rel="stylesheet"><center><div style="width:90%;max-width:500px;background-image:url('https://i.ibb.co/vDGBLqB/sea.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:#FFF;text-align:left;max-height:750px;overflow-y:auto;font-family:'Amiri',serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000;padding-top:10px;padding-left:155px;padding-right:5px;"><i>
[words]

<center>a s p a r a</i>

</center></div>

*note/tag goes here</center>

Night Court Youth

A S P A R A

Fall was quickly shedding its leaves, bending the knee to winter. I was still too young to realize how time worked; how you never ever got it back except, maybe, in memory-- but that only at the cost of more time, and never to the same effect. I think I was so transfixed by the future and so at ease with the present that I didn't realize how the past was growing, too, and there were many things which had to end in order for others to begin. All I know for sure is that I had the vague sense of something- something big- just on the other side of the horizon. And if I could only grow taller, run faster, live wilder, I might catch a glimpse of that wonderful and nagging thing which so deeply called to me.

Those were the days in which I learned conviction. How to plant it under my skin like a seed. How to nurse it.

I was always drawn to the sea. People would say that was my mama or papa in me, that attraction to the dark mournful Blue, but they would be wrong. (I learned quick how often people were wrong, and how upset they got when they realized it.) The love of the sea was mine, plain and simple. Everyone who loved the sea, did so in their own way. It was how we got a taste of infinity. (And, maybe, a good and rightful fear of it.)

It was not uncommon for me to be found by the ocean, letting the salt air buffet my thoughts like a flag. But it was uncommon for me to be there alone, or as close to alone as one could be with a bonded; Furfur kept his distance from me but he was always up there on the bluff, watching me like a mother. (Or, more accurately, like a dragon.) He didn't like the sand in his paws, called it unnatural. And he didn't feel what I felt, in the touch of the seaward breezes in my hair: the heavy promise of all those untold stories, streaming in from that secret place beyond the horizon.

I'm not sure how long I stood there. I know I was alone for a very long time, and then, suddenly, I was not. So I said, without turning my head, "Hello."

Code:
<center><link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Amiri" rel="stylesheet">
<div style="width:80%;max-width:550px;background:url('https://i.ibb.co/DPd1W1z/Asparasnow.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position: top left;background-color:#FFF;padding:75px;padding-top:585px;font-family:'Amiri',serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000;text-align:justify;"><center>A S P A R A</center>
[words]

</div></center>

Night Court Youth

A S P A R A

Fall was quickly shedding its leaves, bending the knee to winter. I was still too young to realize how time worked; how you never ever got it back except, maybe, in memory-- but that only at the cost of more time, and never to the same effect. I think I was so transfixed by the future and so at ease with the present that I didn't realize how the past was growing, too, and there were many things which had to end in order for others to begin. All I know for sure is that I had the vague sense of something- something big- just on the other side of the horizon. And if I could only grow taller, run faster, live wilder, I might catch a glimpse of that wonderful and nagging thing which so deeply called to me.

Those were the days in which I learned conviction. How to plant it under my skin like a seed. How to nurse it.

I was always drawn to the sea. People would say that was my mama or papa in me, that attraction to the dark mournful Blue, but they would be wrong. (I learned quick how often people were wrong, and how upset they got when they realized it.) The love of the sea was mine, plain and simple. Everyone who loved the sea, did so in their own way. It was how we got a taste of infinity. (And, maybe, a good and rightful fear of it.)

It was not uncommon for me to be found by the ocean, letting the salt air buffet my thoughts like a flag. But it was uncommon for me to be there alone, or as close to alone as one could be with a bonded; Furfur kept his distance from me but he was always up there on the bluff, watching me like a mother. (Or, more accurately, like a dragon.) He didn't like the sand in his paws, called it unnatural. And he didn't feel what I felt, in the touch of the seaward breezes in my hair: the heavy promise of all those untold stories, streaming in from that secret place beyond the horizon.

I'm not sure how long I stood there. I know I was alone for a very long time, and then, suddenly, I was not. So I said, without turning my head, "Hello."

Tag:

Code:
<center><link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Amiri|Sorts+Mill+Goudy&display=swap" rel="stylesheet">
<div style="width:80%;max-width:530px;background:url('https://i.ibb.co/ZKLMSBp/ucomm-by-the-monster-shop-ddp5xrx.png');background-size:550px;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position: 60px 50px;background-color:#000;padding:70px;padding-top:760px;font-family:'Sorts Mill Goudy',serif;font-size:10pt;color:#9ca2b7;text-align:justify;line-height:20px;"><center>
<font color="#cfd1da" face="Amiri">A S P A R A</font></center>
[words]

<center><font color="#cfd1da" face="Amiri">
Tag: </font></center>
</div></center>