Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - painting a mountain

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

A
s the fall festival slowly comes to an end, Morrighan has made an effort to keep a closer eye on the borders. With so many coming and going, it could be easy for some to slip through the cracks. She has not settled down as easily as some others since Raum's end, especially after hearing there is already a new sovereign to Solterra. Quite frankly, she didn't trust anyone who came from there.

"You seem tense," Bram comments through their telepathy, a sly smile on his face.
"No shit, genius," she growls back and rolls her eyes. "If I relax for any moment, something could slip past my radar."
"Yeah… but I can't imagine being tense all the time feels good. You can conjure fire, just do that if something happens. It'll scare anyone away."

While that may be true, Morrighan still feels like her fire isn't enough sometimes. It's still not at the same level of power that it used to be. Even though she can conjure small fires, she can't just snap it into existence with ease and it'd be as big as a forest fire. No, she had to also rely on her senses and skills to make sure Denocte stays safe.

The mountains tower around them and look almost like a painting. The snow on the topmost peaks reflect the color of the sunrise and the shadows of the sharp cliff edges are almost menacing, but beautiful at the same time. They surround the landscape ahead and it reminds Morr why she enjoys living here. It's hard to believe it's been almost a year since she was thrown here in Novus, but despite everything, she is grateful. She has set down roots and she wouldn't change anything.

Well, except maybe Bram.
"Hey!"

The grullo mare ignores him as she notices a slow movement ahead. The stranger's colors are so dull, she almost missed it in the lower light of the evening. They don't seem to be heading in or out, just lingering, so it makes her suspicious. Without hesitation, she trots towards them and leaves burned hoofprints in the ground with each step.

"You there!" she calls out, trotting on until she comes to face the stranger. They are older than her, but she isn't sure by much. They are certainly not someone she's met before nor do they smell like they're from Denocte. Suspicious indeed.

"I am Morrighan, Warden of Denocte," she states with purpose, holding her head a bit higher to assert dominance. "What brings you here? Are you lost?" Although the fire within her is twisting around, she keeps it from coming out for now. If the stranger gave her any trouble, she would not hesitate to use it.

@Luvena

"Speaking."
credits