Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - All the Good Girls go to Hell

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Teal [PM] Posts: 5 — Threads: 1
Signos: 450
Inactive Character

Warriors unfold whether we're young or old
Sometimes we take and we pillage for gold

She came from beyond the mountains.

Silent in approached, subtle in movement, glimmering white like an icy reflection as she passes through the unexplored avenues of her home’s outskirts and ventures down their slopes with grace. She emerges from the snow caps with the demure of an awaiting avalanche; threatening and dangerous.

His screams still echo between her lobes and whenever she would shut her eyes the writhing image of her captured father smouldered by flames haunts. Melting skin and the scent of burning flesh hung fresh in her mind and she couldn’t shake herself free of the imagery.

But regret was for the weak.

Now she stands at the foot of the mountain and looks up without expression to kink her features. As she surveys, she thinks, lost.

Without direction she remains still. She does not dare to close her eyes, Daunt could not bear the image of death much longer. The temperatures were unfamiliarly warmer and as she stares up the ascending path she had journeyed down whilst her eyes begin to water.

But closing them? She refuses.

Bare in the open wind without the shielding walls of caves another unfamiliar feeling came. Vulnerability. Serenely she eyed her the surroundings that her path was going to take and she ponders. A selected part of her wishes to see the aftermath of her incursion just so she could rid herself of the horrific images prolonging in her mind whereas the rest of her wishes to either stay and live a secluded life her or, to travel further into the unknown.

The unknown.

Beyond the borders of all she loves and knows yet she knows she cannot return. It shall never be an option and as she gazes down the rocky path before her, eyes stinging from the reluctance to blink, she takes herself yet further down and decides. She bits her tender lip so hard that a tickle of black blood drips from her jaw.

The unknown.

ooc: 
tags: 

Titles deserved and the dead will not rise
It's kinda my fault when the childen all cry

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 91 — Threads: 10
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

Huehuecoyotl
Perfectly Fabulous in every way

That morning had dawned bright and clear, though on the cool side for his liking. Stretching his lithe and muscular body, he pranced and played like a colt, warming himself up with exertions that would probably bring Cally to her knees if she saw him. Well... probably to her side... in laughter. It seemed that he couldnt do anything without being the source of her laughter. Shaking his head, he wondered what the tiny doe was up to. Perhaps later he would see if he could figure where she was and bother her a bit.

Coy had taken time lately to explore, learning more about the world that he now called home. Recently, he had been curious about Denocte, visiting and trying to meet more interesting beings. That morning, he was playing near the mountains, letting his muscles slide under his tri-toned coat as he moved and enjoying the strength that played through his body. Getting closer to the base of the mountains, the path that he had walked quite some time ago to arrive here, he noticed a ghostly figure staring at the path. Slowing to a flashy canter, he approached and let loose a call of greeting.

"Hello there." He hailed, eyes taking in her elegant form of pristine white. Scent told of her gender, his eyes doing the rest of the appraisal of the striking mare. Shaking his head, the vagabond stallion slid to a stop and stood, waiting patiently for her to respond to his greeting. She was taller than he by what he gauged to be about a hand, though he was definitely not the tallest stallion in the world. Heck... he had seen a giant stallion not long ago what was intimidating to say the least. 15.1 hands was a good middle ground. He was taller than some and shorter than others, but flashy enough to stand out even among the giants.

"Sass"
@Daunt
Notes: Coy has decided to play XD

Table by Kaons and edited by Chaosy - Art by Chaosy

Inactive Character

A three beat gait catches her ears. They perk and she halts. She waits like a tiger about to pounce.

She does not shift her stance, she does not stir. She remains steady in her ground whilst cool eyes watch for the approach. Pillars of her teaching taught her not to humour anxiety nor fear. She was to be an unwavering statue and proud to be so. The blood of Katharas ran pure through her veins, and it would provoke fear in those who knew the name and if they did not know the title, then they should.

Vibrancy blinds her, flashes of luminous green stealing her eyes as the embodiment of brazen comes to a stand. A lick of the lips came with the halt and she remains silent and still for a few short moments. Singularly a brow raises, examining the flamboyant creature before her whilst she tilts her head to higher grounds and withholds her greeting. She was to take no risks; though her heritage was formidable, here she was just one on her own.

“Greetings,”

Her voice eventually slices the moment of silence and she takes a step closer. Ebony pools slither over his body and up to his blues, steel in demure and testing. She holds him in her eyes. But her time was precious and she did not care to waste it. If this man could offer her nothing other than casual conversation then she would wait no longer.

Another step closer and she does not hesitate. Elegant limbs take her just a few feet away from the slightly shorter equine whilst her head remains still. Words hang on her tongue and her lip continues to bleed. She laps the trickle up before conjuring the words she does not wish to need to ask. “Do you know the title of this land?” She does not realise the grace in which she stands and speaks with, her tone capturing with the softness of a lady yet strength of a beast.

ooc: sorry still figuring her out <3
tags: @Huehuecoyotl

Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

Huehuecoyotl

There was a stillness that he rarely saw in horses, an almost predatory calm that seemed to emanate from the mare. It intrigued him and he watched her carefully as she examined his much less simple coat and rather arrogant facade. Little did many know, Coy had a softer side hidden deep under the sass and snark. Cally had been able to see a bit of it, though he was still hesitant to fully relax and let her in... He might be stabbed if he did and that would be devastating.

“Greetings,” Coy flicked an ear at her elegant greeting, dipping his head low in honor of her speech. "I am Huehuecoyotl, Coy to my friends. Is there a name that goes with your striking beauty?" He introduced himself with a wink and grin. She was definitely striking and pure in appearance. Did her heart match that facade? Was she the perfect lady that his mind pulled up at her snowy pelt? Or did she contain a fire that could scorch the very earth if one pushed the correct buttons?

“Do you know the title of this land?” Coy tilted his head slightly. She must be new to Novus. "The realm itself is Novus. You are currently within the Night Court, also known as Denocte. To the west is Dusk Court, Day Court is north from here, and Dawn Court is north west. " He pulled up his mental map, making sure he wasnt forgetting anything. "Of course, some of us refuse to adhere to the courts... wandering where we can find fun." He finished with a grin, wondering if she would be like him or become a member of a court like his sister.

"Sass"
@Daunt
Notes: Omg she reminds me of Nesta from Sarah Maas's A Court of Thorns and Roses! I love her!

Inactive Character

Huehuecoyotl. The name simmers between her lobes and imprints on the visual memory of his flamboyant pose. Blackened eyes continue to hold his stare, stealing his baby blues and she wonders in her stillness, can he see the horror that lies behind in her path?

Then rings her name, true and clear and in the soft breeze it carries to him in similar tones to before. “Daunt,” But her lip remains straight, brows neutral and unruffled. His winking grin fails to impress the lady of stone and she merely flexes her wings, feathers rippling against her shimmering bounds and she waits for the man to continue until she is offered the information needed for her continuation. Novus, littered in foreign courts. The Katharas had not spread their misery here and nor had they touched the borders, but she would long for the day word reached her ear through frightful screams that they were coming. The Family of Black, were coming.

And then he declares his position and now she raises a brow. “I abide to no other than my family,” Declaring her loyalties despite the tragedies. If she were not to align with her own blood then she would remain a creature of solitude.

Her eyes begin to course his lions. A step closer. Just a few metres away now and her demure speaks of the heritage in her blood. Powerful, strong, wise. “And what is your concept of ‘fun’, Huehuecoyotl?” Her tone of questioning lingers in the air as her eyes once more raise to reach his, emphasis on his name. He was not yet a friend of hers.

ooc: ahhh I'm super happy you like her!! <3
tags: @Huehuecoyotl

Dawn Court Apothecary

Huehuecoyotl

“Daunt,” Another one word reply. This mare was filled with short replies. Was it a matter of not comfortable with his presence, or was she just a little slower to think? The stallion watched her for a moment as he mulled it over. She didnt seem slow... Perhaps he had offended her in some way? Shaking away the thoughts, he dipped his head and smiled. "It is a pleasure to meet you." He offered, curious how she would respond. How many words would slip from her pristine white lips.

“I abide to no other than my family,” Coy flicked an ear and stared at her for a moment. Family... That was something where he had never connected. Outside of his little sister, family didnt really exist to him. "Is your family in Denocte? I would have noticed if I had spied any snowy creatures such as yourself before." He commented, trying to lure more than a few words from this silent being. It was a challenge and one that he found fascinating at the same time.

“And what is your concept of ‘fun’, Huehuecoyotl?” Coy couldnt help the smirk that grew on his face. That was his favorite question. Flicking his tail, he tilted his head in a movement that was equal mixtures of predatory and seductive. "Oh darling. When you say it, I must say that my name sounds like either ambrosia or poison. I havent been able to decipher which elixir fits best." He winked, shuttering one cyan eye momentarily before opening it and taking in her pure form again. "Fun can come in so many different forms. It can be challenging, or seductive. It can be friendly banter or witty remarks from a beautiful mare. It can be challenging oneself to doing ones best, or challenging another in some form. I am a creature that enjoys nearly anything... So long as it doesnt mar ones beauty." That was just about the only thing that he would not willingly take part in. He was still worried about the injury caused by a certain little doe. It was hard to see, but it seemed to be fully healed and invisible from what he could glimpse.

"Sass"
@Daunt
Notes: lol She asked the right question to get some flirty sass from him