Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - hunger

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Lucinda

that gleam in your eyes
is so familiar a gleam
There is a snort that escapes Lucinda in response to Anandi's apparent displeasure at the Court's events. She has a point, though, and one that can be agreed upon. Those in Courts seem to rely too heavily on their sense of companionship and false promises of community and peace. They try to keep these up with their events and their celebratory fires. It's always the same and, maybe, there would be more excitement if they held regular spars for trophies. There's nothing like the adrenaline rush of battle and some spilled blood to set the mood.

She finds some similarities in herself and Anandi as the woman speaks of how others perceive her. Mostly, Lu keeps to the shadows and prefers not to be noticed. However, if she were to be seen, she would much prefer to see others cower or run away in fear. Having Abraxia back by her side certainly helps with the intimidation factor. Perhaps one being a kelpie isn't too bad after all.

The sea-woman then turns in a circle, asking Lucinda what she thinks of her and if she met her expectations. The ebony mare studies her for a moment with a brow raised. She isn't sure if she ever had any, but the woman almost looks too beautiful to be as menacing as others see her as. Perhaps that's the very thing that makes her intimidating.

But then as the moonlight highlights Anandi's features, she can see that little bit of terror. It's the curve of her cheekbones, the way her sharp teeth flash in the light and the look in her eyes. Full of curiosity and, perhaps, desire.

"I'm not sure I can properly judge after having only known you for several minutes," she says with honesty, but there is a hint of a challenge in her voice.

Then the kelpie moves closer to the sea, the water lapping at her hooves and smoothing the sand around them. Her head is tilted as if she is inviting her to join her into the ocean depths.

"So that's it then?" Lucinda asks, not breaking the seriousness in her expression. "You're going to lure me to my demise by the sea?" She doesn't follow the woman to the shore even if there might be a small pull to do so; she has more restraint than that. Even if the power kelpies held is tempting, she's not so sure yet if it might be worth the trouble. She'd like to see Anandi try and convince her, or even force her. The latter would surely be amusing.

Above them, Abraxia circles lower but does not land just yet. She can tell through their bond that her companion is growing restless and preparing to strike. Not yet, she tells her, as much as she knows the dragon wants to dig her sharp talons into the woman's flesh. It's worth hearing out what it was all about.

@Anandi oops I guess she's not going to make this very easy xD

"Speaking."

credits

Messages In This Thread
hunger - by Lucinda - 11-24-2019, 06:04 PM
RE: hunger - by Anandi - 12-08-2019, 02:11 PM
RE: hunger - by Lucinda - 12-15-2019, 05:57 PM
RE: hunger - by Anandi - 12-22-2019, 01:51 AM
RE: hunger - by Lucinda - 12-23-2019, 04:49 PM
RE: hunger - by Anandi - 12-30-2019, 03:45 PM
RE: hunger - by Lucinda - 01-01-2020, 01:22 AM
RE: hunger - by Anandi - 01-04-2020, 05:47 PM