Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - hunger

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 113 — Threads: 14
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

Lure the woman to her demise? Anandi curls her lip in distaste. “Of course not. You’re made for greater things than a meal.” She tilts her head, re-evaluating the silk-winged stranger. “Unless… that’s what you’d like?” Her catlike smile suggests I can help you. Let me help you. I will set you free.

The choice is yours and yours alone.

The image of Leto persists. Leto of clay and smoke and starlight. And-- by Anandi’s making-- of ocean. Leto lost to the waves; Anandi’s first failure. Arguably the only failure in her short, charmed life. The ache in her chest grows, deep and dark and so
very
lonesome.

No. I’m going to lure you to a different life.” Her voice grows hazy and distant, like something on the other side of a dream. “A deeper one.

I can make you like me. Sea and earth and sky will all be your domain. Be my sister. Stand by me, when I call on you to.” Her eyes sharpen. You will not be free, not completely. But you will have the ocean. Isn’t that more than enough?You will always be hungry. But you will never be bored.” She glances to the court with a sneer, even as she takes another step towards the water. It rushes to meet her with a sudden surge of the tide.

It won’t hurt much.” She adds gently. The word ‘much’ veiled and intangible. What does a kelpie know of pain? We’d ask Leto, but of course--

Anandi grows ever more restless and angry at the thought of Leto’s absence. Her tail snaps with annoyance. “Make your choice now, before I change my mind.” The kelpie knew she knew she was being rash, senseless. She didn't care-- there was a void in her, and she wanted it filled. If the pretty, green-eyed stranger could not help her, she would find someone who would. 

Or maybe-- the longing clenches in her stomach, the need almost bringing her to her knees-- she would, for once, just take what she wanted. 

Hunger corrupts, and absolute hunger
corrupts absolutely,
or almost.

A  N  A  N  D  I

art

@Lucinda <3

some say the loving and the devouring are all the same thing

Messages In This Thread
hunger - by Lucinda - 11-24-2019, 06:04 PM
RE: hunger - by Anandi - 12-08-2019, 02:11 PM
RE: hunger - by Lucinda - 12-15-2019, 05:57 PM
RE: hunger - by Anandi - 12-22-2019, 01:51 AM