Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - hunger

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Lucinda

that gleam in your eyes
is so familiar a gleam
The kelpie is an interesting creature. She can see potential in Lucinda, although she is not so sure of what exactly Anandi sees in her. Is it power, or just another meal? The woman offers the latter as an option if Lu wanted to. At this, she just laughs and says nothing. She has not succumbed to such depression that she wants her life to end by the jaws of a kelpie.

But then the tone changes and Anandi explains what she could offer Lu. Her eyes go back to the woman and she listens intently. It's a game she's played before where someone tries to offer her something worth her while. There is always a price, but if it's truly worth her time and energy, she may consider. At first, Anandi's offer is tempting. While she cannot rule the sky with her broken wing, ruling more than just land could be worth it. The sea never called to her before, but there is more to it than land. Perhaps the ocean depths can provide more for her than the lands ever could.

There is just one small problem to the woman's offer. The way she puts it - being turned - almost sounds like a cult. Lucinda has no interest in following anyone or having to answer to anyone. This woman is still a stranger and no trust has been formed for her to have any reason to give herself up. The hunger she speaks of too, Lucinda isn't sure if she'd want to deal with that burden. Is it a hunger for even more than what she is aching for now? For power, purpose, or just merely food? Another body to take down and consume, or to turn into a deadly ocean creature.

Make your choice now, before I change my mind, the woman says, as if turning the offer down will be a mistake. Lucinda merely snorts, her lips curving into a wicked smile.

"As I've said, I barely know you. What makes me want to follow you? To come forth whenever I'm called for, like someone's pet," she spits the last words out like they are poison in her mouth. Her green eyes are glowing now as her patience wears thin, but she keeps her composure.

The ebony mare steps closer to the kelpie, almost dangerously close. In a way, it's a challenge to see if she'll do it anyways and try to take Lu down. "I do not answer to anyone, let me make that very clear," she growls. Her posture is like a panther waiting for the right moment to pounce on its prey.

"And I don't join cults." The last bit is meant to sting and her expression matches the wickedness in her tone. She had heard too that kelpies can be masters of persuasion, but quite frankly, this one has disappointed her.

@Anandi ohhh shit
"Speaking."

credits

Messages In This Thread
hunger - by Lucinda - 11-24-2019, 06:04 PM
RE: hunger - by Anandi - 12-08-2019, 02:11 PM
RE: hunger - by Lucinda - 12-15-2019, 05:57 PM
RE: hunger - by Anandi - 12-22-2019, 01:51 AM
RE: hunger - by Lucinda - 12-23-2019, 04:49 PM
RE: hunger - by Anandi - 12-30-2019, 03:45 PM
RE: hunger - by Lucinda - 01-01-2020, 01:22 AM
RE: hunger - by Anandi - 01-04-2020, 05:47 PM