Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [MEETING] Regarding Viride, ALL WELCOME

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Cass [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

Seir
may the ancients guide you.

Seir listens, his ears swivelling in every direction as the citizens continue to discuss the plans but their harsh words are not missed. The chestnut takes a deep breath and allows himself to calm slightly. There was no need for him to grow so angry, there was no reason to argue with the citizens of Delumine. He should’ve known they might react in such a way, he was old and wise enough to expect such things.

“Forgive me,” Seir admits, his voice growing softer as it usually sounded.
“I acted rashly, I allowed my passion to get the best of me,” the godling explains, turning his emerald eyes from Maerys to Andras.
“However, I am regent, I have come to help and I placed in this role by Ipomoea. I will respect you from now on, but I ask for some in return,” the antlered creature says, there is no question about his statement.
“For now, it seems that I am not needed here and I shall take my leave,” Seir says, his voice was emotionless as he allows himself to admire the fierce inhabitants of Delumine.

A deep sigh escapes him as the dagger-like tail reaches towards him and with a furrowed brow, he turns his verdant eyes on the beast who had threatened him and simply shakes his head. It was unfortunate that they saw him as nothing more than a warm body in this situation, he wasn’t needed nor was he wanted here. Perhaps he had made a mistake when he left the depths of the Viride, perhaps he should’ve stayed hidden. From now on, it seemed the best choice was to remain in the shadows, hidden but watchful, helping the boy king rule the land of the rising sun.

Turning his eternal gaze upon the boy king, sorrow shone in his eyes and he gives a slight bow of his crown. Turning on his heel, the ancient being simply leaves the meeting room, knowing that the utter devotion of this group would handle such a problem for now. Well, they’d spoken their minds and maybe they wouldn’t need any of his wisdom or advice.

As his nimble legs carried him from the room, Seir couldn’t help but find it necessary to seek sanctuary among the whispering giants he’d grown so fond of during the last century. Their voices may have grown quieter recently, but the godling could only find comfort beneath a canopy of singing leaves.

"Talk."
image credits

OOC: Seir has left the meeting for now, he will most likely do some research on the topic and meet with some of them alone to discuss it~

[Image: d76m7ty-c3d3b9e6-f9f9-4b8f-b85a-482e77b8...uNXpWjcHAk]
Sing me a lullaby of wolves and woods.
~
All interactions but maiming and death allowed.

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

you be the wind
i'll be the wildflower

“Excuse me -“

Ipomoea turns by instinct as the regent enters the room. But the look in Seir’s eyes freezes his smile before it can reach his lips, and he can feel his blood turn colder and colder with each heartbeat filling the space between the immortal’s words.

“You all know nothing.”

His words ring out sharply through the room, and all the curtains filling the room turn to dust. Ipomoea can feel them settling in piles on the ground, even as he can feel the magic and tension coloring the air, filling the room until it feels ready to burst from the weight of it all. He lifts his head sharply, and at first he is silent.

He steps closer, each sentence another step until he’s standing beside his regent, words echoing throughout the silence of the room and the still of his soul.

“Seir,” he says quietly, pressing his shoulder to the chestnut’s. “That’s enough.”

But even as Seir falls quiet, the rest of the crowd swells. Ipomoea watches the regent, searching the planes of his face for understanding, even as the voices rise and fall around them. But if there’s an answer to be found for Seir’s provocation, he does not find it. So he listens, and while he knows it’s not enough (a part of him is snarling, baring bone-white teeth at his own throat and telling him to add his own words to the fray, a feral part that demands assertion-) it’s all he can do.

Until Seir leaves, and Thana, and the room falls quiet again with their absence.

From across the room his eyes meet Andras’.

“We are not here to fight each other.” There’s a coolness in his voice that had not been there before, punctuated by the fading hoofbeats of those who had left. “It is the poacher we should be angry at. Until proven otherwise these attacks will be treated as an attack against Delumine.”

He takes a moment to search the room with the remaining equines.

“If you have a problem with the patrols, feel free to stay here and help map out Viride or identify the animals -“ he gestures at the map and the documents Emersyn has lain out for them, the stack Andras carefully tap, tap, taps against the hardwood table. His wings itch, fluttering nervously at his ankles like they’re begging to fly out after the others.

If it were another day, he might have let them.

“But for those who are willing to help us catch the man - or woman - responsible for this-” his eyes harden, as he jerks his head into the air. “-patrols will start immediately.” And this time, he promised to himself, they would not stop until the woods were safe again.

@Emersyn @Andras @Maerys @thana @Kindred

Played by Offline Sea [PM] Posts: 39 — Threads: 12
Signos: 560
Inactive Character

The dead cannot cry out for justice.
It is a duty of the living to do it for them.

At first there is silence, then there is unrest, anger swells, and a snap.  When the boom comes, there is already two members of their committee leaving out the door.  One right after the other, both very integral parts of the very ecosystem she wants to protect. Thana’s bladed tail is the last thing the Emissary sees flicking out the door. Damnit.  She thinks, and tries not to look annoyed.

Muttering fills the room.  There is disappointment on both sides.  There is confusion too.  The whole room seems angry, but directionless.  Emersyn cannot (cannot) hide the thrum of energy rolling over her skin - her telepathy has become a shield, a weak one, but it is wall she prefers to keep. Her ears do not move, nor do her eyes as she watches the room quietly.  It is the same quiet she has kept since opening the floor with the first wave of bad news.  And now, for the second wave.

"I also regret to inform you all .. that none of our opinions are applicable towards this type of a situation." Her voice is steel, into velvet, into inherent mace, “-even though you want them to, and believe they should be -- they are not.  They will interfere with the mission.  If we want to prevent this from happening again, and again, and again, then Patrols are one of our few, but viable means of doing so.”  She won’t reason with them any other way.  The look on her face is unrelenting. This is not the first time she has seen Ipomeae so sober - but she hopes it will be the last time in a long time that she ever sees it again.  

She envies Seir for reasons she doesn't understand.  And Thana, if Emersyn could be free like that, what would she be capable of?  What would she do?  Emersyn feels her heart hang itself on a barbed hook thinking about such ferocity, such freedom, such beautiful and blind rage.  Thana is something else to be revered (like an ancient crypt, or tomb), and is not of this time. She should be considered dangerous, because she is.  

Like you? Emersyn?  A familiar voice whispers between her ears but she pretends that she can’t hear it.  
What would you do?   It asks her.

Soon, Emersyn tastes blood in the back of her throat.  She clears it to try and get rid of the taste, but cannot.  What else does she even say to them?  The Emissary gives them all a flat, colorless look.  With a stroke of thought - her papers carry themselves to one singular destination in front of her -  and in a flash, her bundle is built.  She glances back with a curt nod to the warden,  “Please report your findings to me after your first patrol.  I’ll be in the war room.”  

The soldier takes her leave immediately after, but stops on her way out the door. Without much more ceremony she addresses them one last time. 

“Goodnight.”  

Ooc:  Feel free to respond or just let this die awkwardly, she's really good at just leaving.  : |

~~~

Played by Offline HeartfullOfJess [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 6
Signos: 305
Dawn Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  14.1 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: Healing  |    Bonded: N/A

kindred

Drift gently...
Everything seemed to speed up so drastically not long after she had spoken. Their leader responding to Maerys’s questions before stating that he wouldn’t mind Kindred’s help if she was offering. Then, one who appeared with antlers instantaneously tell all of them that they couldn’t possibly know what they were talking about. She shifted her weight, an awkward attempt to shrink herself while maintaining the strength to listen to the rest of the meeting.

A few of those in charge suggested that she be of assistance, even go with them on their patrol to see if she’d be able to help. Ipomea offering a different path, through assistance with the maps and the animals. And then, just as she was prepared to start talking Emersyn said to report findings to her and sauntered out of the library. Kindred slowly drags her gaze toward Andras, “If you’d have me, I’m willing to see if the knowledge I have can be applied to any findings we might gather on patrol.” She pauses, looking between the others, “Perhaps if someone can tell me more of the creatures and what was missing... I’m afraid I’m not all too familiar with the area... nor am I even certain if the knowledge I possess is something that those who have been raised here would be aware of. But... it is somewhere to start, I suppose?” One can see her confidence withering as she realized just how different her life had been before coming here, accepting that it might not even provide her with any useful information toward the task. Yet, they can also see the resolve to help that steels her frame. “Just let me know when... Goodnight,” she says before nodding her head goodbye and heading out of the library. Quietly, she hopes she will be able to find the antlered stallion and see if he might be of better help to her with the creatures of the forest.
... Into Oblivion
[PaulineMoss's Stock Image] and @heartfullofjess 's coding

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »