Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- when the past is present

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Weir

home is behind the world ahead
 there are many paths to tread

Weir laid in the shade almost on her back with her legs spread out before her in the tall grasses. Her head and horns outstretched onto the ground with her skin touching the moist, cool soil. The trees around her blocked out much of the warm sun of this midday. The shade dappled her milky and rosy body as the long branches swayed in the light to medium wind. It is genuinely an extremely relaxing spot that she had plopped down on. The leaves and grasses brushed against each other when the breeze blew. Grasshoppers and other small bugs crawled in the grass of flew around on the wings of the air.

Braided ivory tail tossed and lightly smacked her side when a fly would happen to land on her.
She was not asleep but was in deep relaxation. Her ears would swivel on her head when she would hear things, sometimes she would even lift her head and pink eyes would peek out from between eyelids and she would glance around herself. The red leaves on her horn tinkling gently with the sudden movement. With no danger in sight she would flop her head back to the ground with a huff and stretch out her legs once again, her hooves pressing against the dirt as she stretches her neck and her back.

Her mind daydreams now of the safety and the peace she has found here in this land. She thinks of her initial adventure here and all who she had already met. She thinks of the strange stared female with her short stature, of the mane-less male with the nose-ring, and she thinks about the green striped male who had disappeared. The one horse that sticks out in her mind is Rosti. He seemed like he was coming out of his shell but still so hidden to her senses. She thought about his unusual horns and his think foreign accent. She thought about how spotted and mottled almost his coat was. She wanted to dress him in trinkets or garments that would make his look stunning.

She smiles with her eyes closed at the thought of it. White teeth peered out from pale lips.

@Rostislav  <3

coding: © x

Rostislav

Rostislav

I wander through Ruris, having no desire to be much of anywhere belonging to the Court system. The politics are not really my thing, and when things get hairy I'd rather be elsewhere. They seem kinda hairy now - what with everyone deciding who's gonna lead, who's going to plan the parties, go to war, etc. I'm not the best of them, but I'm a soldier. I don't want to think that hard, tread that cautiously. So instead of roaming the 'occupied' lands, I'll wander the ones that no one lays claim to. Today I wander the Amare Creek, looking for no one in particular, nothing in particular. The sun shines down on me, illuminating my horns, the ivory in my mane, the solid coloring of my back. I stop to breathe in the smell of fresh rain upon the grass, having only just dried. Bugs, birds, bees, all the living world around me.

Birds and bees. Yea you know what I'm talking about. I haven't had that particular thirst slated in a long, long time. Long time. Not, perhaps, since I had been with Kiara that led to the birth of Vitani. Victorina. The name of my granddaughter comes unbidden into my mind and I throw it out with a quick shake of my head. NO. This is time to think about sexy time. Visions of different vixens I've come across flash through my mind, little readouts of their personalities accompanying the slideshow. One in particular returns over and over, making way through the crowd and shoving the others out. Weir. I say her name out loud, and all the other images and descriptions fade. I continue walking, entering a grove where trees provide shade over my thick form. The strangely colored unicorn had walked into my life when I felt my lowest. Strangely enough, being in her presence had given me a bit of a lift, which had buoyed me into the search for the relic of the Gods.

Now that that has passed, I'm floating in a void. But with her image in my mind, I feel all sorts of reactions - emotional.. visceral. Sure there's lust. There's ALWAYS lust in this body. I'm a BEAST and I crave what all men crave. But there's more than that... There's an emotion that is not unknown to me, but I haven't felt it in a long time. And I don't trust it. I don't know how I could be feeling it, in this place, at this time. There are no rules for feelings, which makes them unpredictable and dare I say dangerous. But still, I can't imagine that I'd feel....

I stop when my mind finally processes that the woman I've been thinking about is lying there in front of me. Stretched out in a mixture of highlights and shadows, in a bed of grasses, the sound of the creek bubbling in the distance. I blink once, twice.. the gears in my head creaking as they try to move from deep thought (emotional thought) to the present, the now, the physical. I clear my throat, announcing my intrusion upon what clearly is a moment of peace for her. "Weir. Uh.. Hello." Sorry for interrupting? I apologize for some things, big things, but not many. This does not count as one of those times. Besides.... I'm not sorry.

Walk. Talk.
WC: 557
Tag: @Weir

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Weir

The bubbling creek and the sway of the grasses and her inattention to all things around her allowed for his approach. She had been humming in her head a tune from her childhood that the children would sing, so she whispers;

When a bird flies on the wind,
Dips and dives and catches a fly,
It tumbles, rolls, and dives,
Playing to the tune of the wind.

She flicked her tail and bobs her head lightly as the song rings in his head. The breeze is light and keeps her cool with the leopard spotting of sunlight peeking through the leaves. She was remotely paying attention to her surroundings when Rosti approached and spoke to her. Her pink eyes popped open and his figure slowly materialized into view. A large smile crept across her lips and she nickered lightly towards him. She didn’t make any motions to try and get up, she simply laid there and watched him for a moment. This time allowed for his outline and his horns to come into view. She looked at his twirling horns with endearment and she rolled onto her other side. So are you just going to stand there or will you lay down with me. It is so relaxing. She chuckled lightly and closed her eyes as she stretched out on the grass to get herself more comfortable. How are you my friend? Did you ever find that relic we were all looking for? I never found it. Did you make it all over the land? I tried and failed. This land is so big! She felt warm and fuzzy inside and hoped that he would take up her offer and stick around so she smiled as she looked at him.

@Rostislav

Rostislav

Rostislav

She nickers at me but doesn't move to rise. I don't mind - I'm a rather lazy SOB myself and I'm not sure I'd rise to greet anyone. (Least not a swanky beast like myself. She invites me to join her, and let's be honest, she barely need have said it for I was already thinking it. I wander to her tail end and lie down opposite her, so that we may see each other and speak easily. I'm close, but not within her personal space. A groan and a heavy this land my body on the earth, the grasses giving way to my stout form. I do this as she continues to speak, asking after me, the relic, life....

When she mentions the relic I grunt with obvious dissatisfaction. "I found a pretty looking orb.. iridescent gold, smooth all over. But that was not the relic. No, I never found the blasted.. whatever it was." After all, a relic can be just about anything. There was no way to say exactly if we found it that we'd even recognize it!

I sigh and glance at her, having been staring off into the distance at nothing in particular while I spoke of the relic. Her smile softens me inside and whatever irritation I felt melts away. She's unique, lovely. Strange.. but I like it. She's a good strange. For a moment it occurs to me that maybe she is too lovely, and I wonder if she is made of tougher stuff. If there's more about her than her sweet demeanor, for that's all she's shown me. Despite the question that waltzes through my mind, I'm not put off, and find myself just as interested and curious as ever. "I've joined the Night Court, in Denocte." I comment, adding fodder to the conversation. My voice is gruff, but friendly as it can be. "And how are you?"

Walk. Talk.
WC: 315

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Weir

Weir looks out at Rosti as he plops down to the ground. Her eyes half open and half closed but obviously, she is watching him, a smile seamlessly plastered on her face as she looks him over. She looks to make sure he has no obvious injuries or limps and that he still seems to be in good health but she also looks at the way his beard moves as he talks and she watches the spiral of his horns reflected the light that filtered through the leaves from above. Weir’s ears focused on him and only him now. She chuckled when he moaned about the relic, it was endearing and she could relate to how he is feeling right now.

Weir rolls onto her side in the direction of Rosti so that she could look at him better. Her braids and loose hair must have been disheveled but Weir could care less about how she looked right now. She was so relaxed that even time could pass by without her even noticing it’s passing. She looked a little more alive now than before as she giggled at him. She wasn’t laughing at him as if something she thought was funny, she just liked to listen to him talk with his strange accent and how it felt against her ears. That’s wonderful that you have a home now! Where is that exactly? You must know so much more than I do now. I live with the Dusk Court in Terrastella. She reaches her muzzle out towards him and into his space so that she could brush her nose on his cheek. She lingers there for a moment breathing in his scent before she pulls back out of his personal space.

I have missed you since our last encounter. I have been resting partially and exploring my own land. I am starting a collection of plants from around Novus to catalog and experiment with. I have met my new sovereign once, she is extremely beautiful! I have not found anything like you have. What is this orb that you have look like? Do you have it with you? Weir used her telekinesis that everyone on Novus has to pluck a small purple flower from nearby and placed it in Rosti’s mane with a grin. That looks better! She laughed joyously and mischievously as if daring him to play a game.

@Rostislav

Rostislav

Rostislav
She's a strange one, this Weir. But... it's an OK kind of strange. She watches me as I speak, eyelids flickering here and there. I notice she seems a little disheveled - her hair tosses about, braids somewhat tugged and shaken loose. It's a good look for her though - just a little more and it might be a morning-after look. What man doesn't like the morning-after look? My heart beats just a little bit harder. She giggles, but it doesn't seem to be at anything I've said. She's just happy. I smile, not even realizing that my face muscles are moving, pleased that the pale striped lady is at ease.

Weir asks where Denocte is, telling me she is living in the Terrastella. My smile falters, if only for a moment. Terrastella isn't terribly distant, but it still isn't the same as residing in the same realm. "Denocte is to the east of Terrastella. We are separated by the Terminus Sea, but since we are landbound you'd go through the Bellum Steppe and have to cross through an extension of the Arma Mountains." I don't know how to explain it very well, and I wish there was a better way to show her. I snort and shake my head, frustration at my inability to describe the landscape.

My unicorn friend describes her days, her goals. It's so peaceful compared to what I do - fight other horses. Not for any good reason other than to sharpen my battle skills, get experience. Cataloguing plants.. I remember some of that from Helovia, though the details are fuzzy and buried very, very deep in my mind. "You should come to Denocte - you can catalogue plants there, and.. other things...." I don't elaborate, letting her draw her own conclusions - though the way I spoke hinted plenty enough.

When she asks about my own finds, I produce the orb - having had it trailing along behind me. It's rather small, about the size of a baseball, and shimmers in the sunlight. The iridescent gold is beautiful, and it reminds me of Midas and all of HIS gold. While I'm producing it, she picks a small flower and weaves it into my ivory and ebony mane. I grunt, not really sure what to think about this new decoration she's given me. So... so strange...

Walk. Talk.
WC: 385

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Weir

Oh my! That is stunning Rosti! Where did you find something so beautiful! Everything that Weir loves in pretty things was being present before her. She examined the object in all its shimmering glory under the drifting shadows and streams of light that are lit by the pollen of the trees that blew around them. She lightly touched the cool metal with her lip notices how cool it is even in the warmth of the evening. She lifts her head up to look at her dear friend only to see him with a smirk on his face. Weir immediately beams at this look he has with the flower in his mane as his eyes looking right at her. If she could blush she would be bright pick all over her already ivory facade.

She giggles lightly and reaches out to touch her nose to his as the smile settles on her features. She doesn’t know how to feel about this man anymore, any vague acquainted precautions she may have held are now fading away and she feels she is growing attached to the spiraling horns and his little beard. He may seem menacing to most but she likes to see a bit deeper than just the skin. His face is dark but she finds comfort in it like a night under the stars. His long lion tail is just so curious to her and his furry fetlocks. She takes all of him in now in this silence and knows not much what to say but choose to break the silence somehow. I would love nothing more than to come visit you! She knew she was dismissing his initial comment of her coming to look for herbs but she knew she would go to see him and part of her thought that is what he would have wanted to say. I will know that when I look across the sea, you are there on the other side.

@Rostislav <3
Sorry its so short and crappy.

Rostislav

Rostislav

Of course she's intrigued by the gold sphere, and her attention is pulled to it at first. This allows for me to look stare at her unobserved, uninterrupted. Her eyes are pale like mind, though at least she has normal pupils. One large braid in her mane is tucked behind her refined ear. But even those are practically hidden behind the large antlers that grown from her forehead. Although I've seen antlers like hers before, these are colored like the rest of her - pale with a bit of pink, as opposed to the dark ones I've seen in the past. Although my horns are sharp and hers dull on the tips, I feel that hers could easily take one of my eyes out if either of us were not careful. Red stripes run up her face, bolder and brighter than the rest of her. Additional purple stripes run up her visage, and I wonder how the Gods every created something so beautiful but so completely strange.

But before I can stare at her jewelry adorning her horns, her gaze is back on me, meeting mine. I can't hide that I've been staring. Exposed! I don't answer her question about the orb, in truth it's already escaped my mind. She reaches out and touches her nose to me and I flinch, not from displeasure at the act, but simple surprise. My ears are perked forward and eyes bright, and I reach my muzzle forward to touch hers, returning the simple but meaningful gesture. It's like she fuckin' read my mind, because her answer pierces right through the charade that I'd paraded before her. Although I was interested in what she liked to do, the real reason I wanted her to come to Denocte was to see me. And she knew it. I don't bother to cover it up, simply remaining quiet as she reads my true thoughts and feelings. Gruff, emotional, my words are a murmur. "I would love to see you. And as I look across the sea, I'll send whispers of greetings on the wind. And you'll hear my voice in your ear..." Soft nothings come from lips and even I'm surprised at the tenderness there. Emotions -- who knew they ran so deep within this Siberian soul?

Walk. Talk.
WC: 378

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Weir

All of this seemed too surreal to her as if they grass’s around them are disintegrating beneath them and suddenly they would be floating on some sort dimension of clouds. Time perhaps might stop in its place and give them all the time in the world to enjoy this moment and never grow old, never be hurt, and never leave each other’s sides. The smile on her face rises before it falls. This is too perfect. Nothing ever stays perfect, what if he turned on her? What if he abandoned her after he got whatever he is looking for? What if he became controlling and demanded her leave her home and never leave his sight? She slowly pulls away from him and a glaze covers the shine that once brightened the afternoon from her eyes. The shadows begin to fill the orbs placed delicately in her skull, surrounded by the large markings of her face. She looks at him for the first time with fear and anxiety as her mind begins to go over all the ways that this can’t happen, fairytales are for songs, not for her. Her pupils dart around the dark corners of his ears and the horns, and down to his hooves. In a moment, all her walls began to rise, high enough that it won’t be easy to conquer.

She reaches out and tugs lightly on his light mane and brushes her muzzle once again against his cheek before pulling back and giving a light-hearted smirk that in some ways was forced. She slowly gets back onto her wobbly legs that seemed to have fallen asleep in her cat napping day dream. Her brain felt like it was soaked and slow but still she felt she needed to leave and go back home for now. There are things she needs to speak with her sovereign about and she needed to still know she could leave. This may be her defiance, her insecurity, or a test to see how he will react. She looks at him as she stands with care and compassion in her eye, trying to hide any deeper feelings she has for him inside. My dear, I must go back to the dusk court for now. I have enjoyed this time with you though. It hurt even her to leave but she knew it was the right thing to do, for now. She didn’t want to hurt him or leave him wondering but she didn’t know how to tell him yet about her past, but someday she will, someday. I will see you soon Rosti. I promise. She smiled once again and this time it was not so forced as she turned and began to canter away back in the direction of terrastella. She looks back at him one last time as she crests a hill and drops out of sight.

@Rostislav <3
He will just have to wait a little longer to learn her past. ;)

Rostislav

Rostislav
Her gaze changes almost imperceptibly. Her blood-tinged eyes dart from point to point as she looks at me, both seeing me and not seeing me. Something stirs within me, an uneasiness. But it's regarding Weir and I can't pinpoint what is wrong. I've felt uneasy before but that was about things like battle, disease, imminent disaster... Not uneasiness regarding personal interactions.

She tugs the tendrils of my mane, nudges my coarse cheek. Something isn't right. The smile that she gives me seems.. off. Like somehow there's a crinkle that isn't in the right spot. Her eyes seem less bright, but still I can not discern what the uneasiness is that gnaws at me. She stands, slightly shaky. My own body has lap slowed in this resting state and I try to scramble to my feet. But she's saying goodbye, that she has to go. She'll see me again soon....

"Wait, Weir...." My coarse voice does not know speed and neither does my damn corpse. I struggle to my feet, but she's already turning away. I nicker after her, trying to delay her departure. It's so sudden, so unexpected. I don't want to admit my weakness for her but it shows plain as day as I try to call to her. But her good beats are distant now and she's disappeared from sight. I sigh, feeling crestfallen. Did I do something wrong? I can't imagine that I did, and yet I had no explanation for why she went from a carefree lass in the sun to one hurrying away like she was about to be caught out of bed by strict parents. I sigh and drop my head, having only my precious uneasiness and her quick leave as pieces to the puzzle left before me.

Walk. Talk.
WC: 294
Oh the feels! <3 closed thread :)
Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit