Novus
Hello, Guest! Register

- it comes in waves

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Syndicate [PM] Posts: 120 — Threads: 20
Signos: 0
Day Court Sovereign
Male [he/his/him] // 5 [Year 500 Spring] // 15.2 hh // Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 19 // Active Magic: Solar Transformation // Bonded: Ariel (Sun Lion)

-- -- --

Orestes's Experience Tracker

Base Experience: 10 EXP ---- Experience Gained: +[__] EXP

Total Experience: [__] EXP / 100 EXP Max

Power-related: +[__] EXP Total
  • Thread number #: +1 EXP -- Participate in a battle against [CHARACTER] (+1) ... Lose Battle (+0)
  • Thread number #: +2 EXP -- Participate in a battle against [CHARACTER] (+1) ... Win Battle (+1)

• Thread number #: +1 EXP -- Make a challenge against [CHARACTER] for [POSITION] (+1) ... Lose Challenge (+0)
  • Thread number #: +3 EXP -- Make a challenge against [CHARACTER] for [POSITION] (+1) ... Win Challenge (+2)
  • Thread number #: +1 EXP -- Be challenged by [CHARACTER] for [POSITION] (+1) ... Lose Challenge (+0)
  • Thread number #: +3 EXP -- Be challenged by [CHARACTER] for [POSITION] (+1) ... Win Challenge (+2)

• Thread number #: +5 EXP -- Gain a Regime Position, [SOVEREIGN/REGENT/EMISSARY] (+5)
  • OOC Stepdown: -5 EXP -- Lose a Regime Position, [SOVEREIGN/REGENT/EMISSARY], via OOC stepdown (-5)
  • Thread number #: -3 EXP -- Step down (ICly) from a Regime Position, [SOVEREIGN/REGENT/EMISSARY] (-3)

• Thread number #: +3 EXP -- Gain a Counsel Position, [WARDEN/CHAMPIONS] (+3)
  • OOC Stepdown: -3 EXP -- Lose a Counsel Position, [WARDEN/CHAMPIONS], via OOC stepdown (-3)
  • Thread number #: -1 EXP -- Step down (ICly) from a Counsel Position, [WARDEN/CHAMPIONS] (-1)

Healing-related: +[__] EXP Total
  • Thread number 1, 2: +1 EXP -- Find (5) different types of medicinal/herbal plants in at least 2 different Courts (+1)
  • Thread number #: +1 EXP -- Heal (5) smaller wounds, such as scrapes, minor burns, shallow cuts, etc (+1)
  • Thread number #: +2 EXP -- Heal a major or life threatening wound, such as deep punctures (+2)
  • Thread number #: +2 EXP -- Heal 2 characters from different Courts (+2)
  • Thread number #: +1 EXP -- Gather supplies for your Court with another character (+1)

Craftsmanship-related: +[__] EXP Total
  • Thread number #: +1 EXP -- Provide (5) different types of supplies to another Court (+1)
  • Thread number #: +1 EXP -- Discover, collect, and refine a new type of crafting material (+1)
  • Thread number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5: +1 EXP -- Collect (5) types of items, all from different Courts/Areas (+1)

Learning & Knowledge-related: +[__] EXP Total
  • Thread number #: +2 EXP -- Learn about the homeland/history of (5) different characters (+2)
  • Thread number #: +1 EXP -- Convene and share knowledge with a member of a different Court (+1)
  • Thread number #: +2 EXP -- Assist in mending a broken bond between Courts (+2)
  • Thread number #: +2 EXP -- Settle a dispute between 2+ different characters, not including self (+1)
  • Thread number #: +1 EXP -- Discover a large landmark (stone monument, etc) and share the find with at least 1 other character (+1)

Stealth-related: +[__] EXP Total
  • Thread number #: +1 EXP -- Successful Involuntary Stealth and stole [CHARACTER] (+1)
  • Thread number #: +1 EXP -- Successfully blocked an Involuntary Stealth Attempt and kept [CHARACTER] (+1)

Pregnancy or Birth-related: +[__] EXP Total
  • [IF FATHER] Thread number #: +1 EXP -- Successful Pregnancy (+1) and Unsuccessful/Successful Birth with [CHARACTER]
  • [IF MOTHER] Thread number #: +1 EXP -- Successful Pregnancy (+1) and Unsuccessful Birth (+0) with [CHARACTER]
  • [IF MOTHER] Thread number #: +2 EXP -- Successful Pregnancy (+1) and Successful Birth (+1) with [CHARACTER]

Item-related: +[__] EXP Total
  • Thread number #: +1 EXP -- Gain a major Agora item, such as magic, bonded, etc.
  • Thread number #: +1 EXP -- Fulfill the IC Quest to gain a major Agora item, such as magic, bonded, etc.

Miscellaneous or OOC-related: +[__] EXP Total

List of completed threads, grouped by 5: 

Honey
the first rose up from the sea
saudade
how do i love thee? this way and that
the dark won't hide you
until we learn from her rage

Day Court Sovereign
Male [he/his/him] // 5 [Year 500 Spring] // 15.2 hh // Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 19 // Active Magic: Solar Transformation // Bonded: Ariel (Sun Lion)

Desert
BY JOSEPHINE MILES
When with the skin you do acknowledge drought,
The dry in the voice, the lightness of feet, the fine
Flake of the heat at every level line;

When with the hand you learn to touch without
Surprise the spine for the leaf, the prickled petal,
The stone scorched in the shine, and the wood brittle;

Then where the pipe drips and the fronds sprout
And the foot-square forest of clover blooms in sand,
You will lean and watch, but never touch with your hand.

September 1934

"Orestes." ||  "Ariel." || @Ba'al 

later he saw that each weed was a knife
"well," he mumbled at last, "doubtless there are other roads."
CREDITS

Day Court Sovereign

“If that was true he must have felt that he had lost the old warm world, paid a high price for living too long with a single dream. He must have looked up at an unfamiliar sky through frightening leaves and shivered as he found what a grotesque thing a rose is and how raw the sunlight was upon the scarcely created grass. A new world, material without being real, where poor ghosts, breathing dreams like air, drifted fortuitously about...like that ashen, fantastic figure gliding toward him through the amorphous trees.”

― F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

|| "Orestes." ||  "Ariel." ||

so dawn goes down unto day
nothing gold can stay
CREDITS

Day Court Sovereign

FIRE-LIT, HALF SILHOUETTE AND HALF MYTH, THE WOLF CIRCLES MY PAST, TREADING THE LEAVES INTO A BED TILL HE SLEEPS, BLACK SNOUT ON EXTENDED PAWS. BLACK SNOUT ON SULPHUR BODY, HE NUDGED HIS WAY INTO MY CONSCIOUSNESS. THERE IS NOTHING THAT WON'T BE LIT UP IN THE DARK TORCH OF HIS EYES.

THE ORESTEIA - Euripides 

Four of us, out of the same, heaven-cursed mother, who had snared her husband inside the folds of a huge piece of cloth and then murdered him!

What she gave as an excuse for that murder… well, that is something that would be highly improper for a young woman’s lips to utter in public, so I’ll just leave it for the world to work out on its own.

No need for me to be the one to blame Phoebus with anything either… even though it was he who had urged Orestes to kill his own mother, which, admittedly, was not a thing that would earn anyone any glory. Still, poor Orestes acted out of obedience to a god and I? I, too, took part in that murderous deed, just as Pylades did, who had helped us bring about the deed’s success.

The very moment Orestes committed that murder, he was overcome by a dreadful illness. A shocking disease that has his body wasting away.

There he is, the poor man, lying on that couch, his mother’s blood spinning him into fits of frenzy. I am very reluctant and afraid to name the goddesses who chase him with such terror but… well, it’s the Eumenides.

It’s been six days now that the corpse of his murdered mother was committed to the cleansing pyre.

Six days and no food has passed the poor man’s lips.40
Six days and he has yet to wash the blood off his skin.

For six days he’s been laying there, under his cloak, burning with fever or, whenever the fever eases a bit, he starts crying. Sometimes he jumps up like a young colt that’s just been freed from its harness!

And then, there’s also the fact that this city, Argos, has decreed a law which says that, because we are matricides, it is forbidden for anyone to give us a place by his fireside or to shelter us under his roof or even talk to us!

Today is the day when they’ll all vote whether we are to die by stoning or by someone’s sword, specially sharpened for the task.

“Speech” 
"THE WOLVES HAVE

BEEN SLAUGHTERED

NOW, A HEDGE OF

SMOKING GUN BARRELS

RINGS MY DAUGHTERS

DREAMS"
CREDITS

Day Court Sovereign

Into this wild Abyss/ The womb of Nature, and perhaps her grave--/ Of neither sea, nor shore, nor air, nor fire,/ But all these in their pregnant causes mixed/ Confusedly, and which thus must ever fight,/ Unless the Almighty Maker them ordain/ His dark materials to create more worlds,--/ Into this wild Abyss the wary Fiend/ Stood on the brink of Hell and looked a while,/ Pondering his voyage; for no narrow frith/ He had to cross

THE ORESTEIA - Euripides

Four of us, out of the same, heaven-cursed mother, who had snared her husband inside the folds of a huge piece of cloth and then murdered him!

What she gave as an excuse for that murder… well, that is something that would be highly improper for a young woman’s lips to utter in public, so I’ll just leave it for the world to work out on its own.

No need for me to be the one to blame Phoebus with anything either… even though it was he who had urged Orestes to kill his own mother, which, admittedly, was not a thing that would earn anyone any glory. Still, poor Orestes acted out of obedience to a god and I? I, too, took part in that murderous deed, just as Pylades did, who had helped us bring about the deed’s success.

The very moment Orestes committed that murder, he was overcome by a dreadful illness. A shocking disease that has his body wasting away.

There he is, the poor man, lying on that couch, his mother’s blood spinning him into fits of frenzy. I am very reluctant and afraid to name the goddesses who chase him with such terror but… well, it’s the Eumenides.

It’s been six days now that the corpse of his murdered mother was committed to the cleansing pyre.

For six days he’s been laying there, under his cloak, burning with fever or, whenever the fever eases a bit, he starts crying. Sometimes he jumps up like a young colt that’s just been freed from its harness!

And then, there’s also the fact that this city, Argos, has decreed a law which says that, because we are matricides, it is forbidden for anyone to give us a place by his fireside or to shelter us under his roof or even talk to us!

Today is the day when they’ll all vote whether we are to die by stoning or by someone’s sword, specially sharpened for the task.

"Speaking."

Day Court Sovereign

BECAUSE I PROMISE I'LL LIGHT THE BEACONS
OF YOUR DIMMED AND HOLLOW SOUL
EVEN IF I HAVE TO STEAL THE FIRE
FROM A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS

THE ORESTEIA - Euripides

Illustration by [email protected]

Day Court Sovereign

there is no turning back a reversed name; a reversed curse. i will follow you to the depths of the sea, to the cold caves and caverns where the sun does not shine and iridescence rules.

THE ORESTEIA - Euripides

"Speaking." ||

Day Court Sovereign

TELL ME ATLAS WHAT IS HEAVIER?
THE WORLD, OR IT'S PEOPLE'S HEARTS?

THE ORESTEIA - Euripides

Illustration by [email protected]

Day Court Sovereign

tie up
the lines
because Ishot
the albatross.
But I have
 weathered
worse
storms
than this.

THE ORESTEIA - Euripides

“Speaking.”

Day Court Sovereign

Desert
BY JOSEPHINE MILES
When with the skin you do acknowledge drought,
The dry in the voice, the lightness of feet, the fine
Flake of the heat at every level line;

When with the hand you learn to touch without
Surprise the spine for the leaf, the prickled petal,
The stone scorched in the shine, and the wood brittle;

Then where the pipe drips and the fronds sprout
And the foot-square forest of clover blooms in sand,
You will lean and watch, but never touch with your hand.

September 1934

"Orestes." || "Ariel." || @Ba'al

later he saw that each weed was a knife
"well," he mumbled at last, "doubtless there are other roads."
CREDITS

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »