Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the thundering of years passing

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Cass [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

How does it feel to be a young god?
~~~
The raging river was an untamable beast, hungry for more, constantly lapping at the shore, ripping and clawing at the earth. She was never satiated, her need for freedom a constant battle that she rarely won. Sier’s emerald eyes moved slowly, following the current of angry water as he remained still on the cliff bank. The echoes of the forest remained behind him but they were muffled by the roaring of the river.

He’d come this far and yet, he couldn’t help the urge to return to Viride, to be lost in the depths of the woods once more. Even here, he felt exposed and uncomfortable, especially because the trees had thinned out and the wildlife’s appearance became more rare. The whispers of the woodland had grown fainter and as he moved closer to the capitol, that fact become more clear.

Sier’s time here has been a long one and he wasn’t entirely sure how it would go from here, but the godling was aware that the life he’d lived before was one he most likely wouldn’t return to. As he mulled these thoughts over, the antlered creature allowed a quiet sigh escape his lips, his crown dipping slightly. What more was he willing to sacrifice before he could find peace?
~~~

OOC: This is super short! I am still getting to know Sier, hope it’s okay!
Tag: @Rhone

[Image: d76m7ty-c3d3b9e6-f9f9-4b8f-b85a-482e77b8...uNXpWjcHAk]
Sing me a lullaby of wolves and woods.
~
All interactions but maiming and death allowed.

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Rhone had always been the sort who wanted to know more, who sought out knowledge and drank it in much like a drunk craves alcohol. Rhone had spent much of his time in Terrastella but now it was time that he ventured out to try and learn more about Novus as a whole. And Novus comprised of more places than just the Dusk Court. Novus was seeping with information and history, all of which Rhone was so eager to get to explore. And so, he left the safety of Terrastella and traveled on foot wherever his feet chose to take him.

He had been traveling for days with little rest or food. But as he cam upon a river that baked up to a forest in Delumine, he found it the perfect place to make camp for a few days. You see, the stallion had an affinity with the earth, so being surrounded by trees and rivers and flowers was heaven to him. The sounds of the forest seemed to lull him to sleep most nights, so it was not surprising that this place seemed to call to him.

But as the morning broke and dawn flooded the river bank with light, Rhone stepped from the relative safety of the trees in search of what the river had to teach him today. Where he had started along the river, it was quiet and soothing. It was like  steady brook just trickling along.

But as he came around the bend, traveling further down the river bed, the river began to pick up steam until it was rolling with rapids and white caps. What was once a steady trickling was now a rushing, roaring river. It was deafening and yet, it was oddly quiet.

Up ahead Rhone could see the form of another, standing and looking down at the river as he had once been doing. The picture caused a soft smile to creep over his lips, happy to see that there was another who appreciated nature just as much as he did. As he came upon the stranger, he cleared his throat so he would not startle the man. "Good morrow." He offered the other a tender smile as he paused his walk and kept at a respectable distance. If there was one thing Rhone had learned in this world, it was that not everyone was so welcoming.

@Seir

Played by Offline Cass [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

Seir
may the ancients guide you.

It seemed like eons had passed while Seir stared down at that raging river. He’d lost himself in the mist and danger of the cliffside and those verdant eyes had glazed over with deep thought. What did he want, want did he need to do? Was there a reason the roaring of the river had grown louder than the voices of the trees?
Honestly, there was no easy answer but Seir knew, deep down, that something had happened and he was going to find out what it was. The chestnut sighs with the thought as he lowers his emerald eyes and stares at his cloven hooves, his mind once again wandering past this space and time, to lives he’d lived before.

Suddenly, pulled abruptly from his thoughts, a voice echoes towards him and the godling lifts his antlered head, his eyes landing upon the stranger.
"Good morrow."
Seir tilts his head and stares at the other creature, curiosity evident in his eyes though his face remains placid, no emotion seen upon his lips.
“Hello,” the immortal says softly, his voice betraying nothing, his ancient eyes observing the other closely.
“I’m Seir,” the stallions explains as he stares on.
“Where are you headed?” he asks, his voice as emotionless as before.
He was unsure why the other creature was wandering about deep within Delumine, if he belonged here or was just traveling through. What were his intentions? Was he friend or foe?

"Talk."
image credits

OOC: This is so short, I apologize
Tags: @Rhone

[Image: d76m7ty-c3d3b9e6-f9f9-4b8f-b85a-482e77b8...uNXpWjcHAk]
Sing me a lullaby of wolves and woods.
~
All interactions but maiming and death allowed.

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Rhone could sense the moment the other took note of his presence. Even if his expressionless face did not give away the questions in his head, Rhone knew they were there. He was being studied, being calculated, being watched. He supposed the other had that right. He did not smell of Delumine. He supposed anyone would be suspicious of him if he came out of the woods in a land that was not his own. This stallion did not know him and Rhone certainly had not asked permission to be here.

He dips his head in greeting, his soft expressions meant to give the other ease instead of caution. He introduces himself as Seir and Rhone offers him a smile. "It is a pleasure to meet you Seir. My name is Rhone." His voice is soft and soothing, trying his best to keep the man at ease. He had not come to Delumine to start a war. Just the opposite really, he had come to learn.

But the stallion’s next question was a little harder to answer. Where was he headed? He supposed he didn’t really know where he was going. And yet, he was going somewhere, wasn’t he? "I am not really sure where I’m headed, to be honest." He hoped his answer did not bring about too much alarm. He knew the answer was filled with more questions than answers. He only hoped his true intentions would be made known through his body language and soft vocals. "I am on a journey for knowledge. You see, I am a scholar." He paused a moment as he looked at the other. "I am on a journey of enlightenment…and that journey has brought me here." He wasn’t sure how believable his story was to the other, even if it was true. "I can assure you I mean you nor your home any harm. I’m peaceful folk." His time for war and unrest was over. The older stallion had seen many wars won and lost. Now was not the time for war. Now was the time for knowledge.

@Seir - <3