Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - warrior hearts

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

Morrighan,
As Antiope describes the qualities she'd be seeking, Morrighan finds herself checking imaginary boxes. It becomes more clear just how much she wants to take hold of this opportunity. She wants to be more here. Not so much for the power, but to just gain more responsibilities and a bigger name for herself. Creating a new life here at first seemed impossible. Being thrown into an unknown world wasn't her idea at all, but as much as she hated being wrong, it turned out to be better. There is something about the Night Court that she feels a greater sense of belonging to than she ever did back in Ourania.

The things Antiope lists off- caring about the Court, being reliable- Morrighan feels that fits her completely. That's all she's ever been focusing on, especially in her role as Warden. The safety of the Court is all she can think of and making sure any threats are taken care of. This place has become her home and her loyalty has grown immensely.

But now, the real question is how to show this to Antiope. How can she get the woman to trust her? Isra had, but Isra isn't here anymore.

"Well," she says, trying to keep herself from sounding too eager. "You can trust me, Antiope."

Morrighan looks back out at the markets and all those walking by aimlessly. Yeah, maybe in some weird way she cares about them all. Even down to the annoying twerps she finds sneaking things away from merchants, or the ones she has to yell at because they're not doing things right. If that ever went away, she'd almost feel lost. It gives her that sense of purpose.

"This place has become my home over the seasons. I can't imagine not being here and looking over this Court. They've become…" she trails off, finding the next word strange on her tongue. "My family." But, she trusts Antiope and feels comfortable confiding in her.

Looking back at the woman, she bows her head. "Just let me know what I can do." It would be a true honor to be able to make it up to Regent.  Hopefully, she can win the mare's trust.

“Speaking.”
a little mayhem never hurt anyone

@Antiope <3 I think we could probably close this in our next replies?

Played by Offline Kat [PM] Posts: 146 — Threads: 25
Signos: 77
Vagabond Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 28 — Atk: 32 — Exp: 53  |    Active Magic: Energy Transference  |    Bonded: Fylax (Gryphon)

“train your soul to remember where the weapon and the world divide”
Morrighan is quick to let Antiope know that the sovereign-to-be can trust her, and if only it were so easy as taking her at her word. She knows the Warden has shown nothing but loyalty to the court, if not, perhaps, in some rather extreme ways. She takes her work very seriously; if what she has seen today shows her anything it certainly shows her that.

But when it comes to the matter of trust, it is not something that can merely be shown. And trust is something Antiope finds herself lacking this day and these days, since the subject of her ascension has come to light. Who does she trust?

Antiope looks at the woman next to her and wonders, does she trust her?

Perhaps there is a small part of her hoping—a part of her that has not been burned completely by rage and loss—that trust is something still earnable by her heart. Not simply a wish, not a lost cause. Not something to wonder about.

The Regent allows the woman to continue speaking without interrupting her, not letting the wobbling precipice her thoughts balance upon to show. No, if Antiope were to allow that it would only make matters worse. Isra and Morrighan both have so much faith in her ability to be the queen this court needs. But is she going to be the queen that Caligo wants?

“Thank you for your honesty, Morrighan,” Antiope says, with a genuine curl to her lips. She appreciates that the Warden felt she could open up to her, and does not want to seem ungrateful for the information that has been shared. “Rest assured that I will take everything you have said into consideration.”

And she will, certainly. She may not be sovereign yet, but one day Isra will cross the sea and leave the court to her and there will be a decision to make. One among many. Morrighan has given her much to think about. “If I need you, I will find you,” she turns her head slightly, as if to motion her goodbye, and this is turning into the crowd. Bodies separate them like fish in a stream, and after a moment even the banner of red in her hair is lost to the bustling street.

“Speaking.”
| @Morrighan she out

[Image: 13716916_Rc8f5hGvZkB3cYP.png]
a war is calling
the tides are turned

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

Morrighan,
Antiope thanks her and Morrighan nods. It's perhaps the most genuine she has ever been towards anyone. For that very reason, the Regent should trust her. At the least, she feels content in the fact that the woman will take into consideration all that she's shared today. Her heart swells with that even small glimmer of hope that she'd have a chance to be more.

And with that, the mare leaves Morrighan to her thoughts. There has been a lot discussed today and even her own mind is swimming with things to consider. Regency? Really? Now that the possibility is there and she's set her mind to it, she's determined more than ever to make this a reality.

Now, hopefully, Antiope would need her some day and would come looking for her. For now, the Warden turns to leave in the opposite direction. She's not ready to go home just yet and hears a drink at the bar calling her name.

“Speaking.”
a little mayhem never hurt anyone

Boop, a baby closer

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »