Novus
Hello, Guest! Register

OOC  - Year 505 Spring - Spotlight Announcements!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline sid [PM] Posts: 59 — Threads: 4
Signos: 6,425
Administrator

SPOTLIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS!
All prizes have been distributed!

Congratulate @kay on winning Member of the Season!

Kay is definitely one of our veteran members; she's an amazing, uplifting person to be around. Not only is she always up for juicy plots (EYEBALLIN YOU, AVDOTYA) but she brings us all joy with Badger & co's funny/adorable pictures. Yes, we even find Badger's toot-bucks hilariously adorable.... and c'mon, who wouldn't?!

Congratulate @Dune on winning Character of the Season!

Everyone seems to have fallen in love with Dune and it's no surprise! Rae's writing is a dream, and we've been astounded by Dune's originality since he was first introduced to Novus not that long ago. His magic and how it plays into (and off of) his character has us wanting to read more and see further into the amazing dream world that Rae and Dune are building.

Congratulate @Elena winning Quote of the Season!

From Tell him the fire's out — "... Elena had never learned to keep the door closed to the monsters that crept at night. She would pull back the covers and invite them into her bed if it meant she didn't have to sleep alone under the stars."

There's something both chilling, vulnerable, and heartbreaking in this quote that we just couldn't pull ourselves away from!

Congratulate @Morrighan and @Al'Zahra on winning Pair of the Season!

Pair of the season was particularly hard for staff to vote on, so we enlisted the members to help us vote for the winner! And when nominating, Rae summed up how we feel about this lovely pair: Al'Zahra is so hypnotic and Morr is so fierce; they are a great combo. We particularly love seeing Morrighan's vulnerability come out through as their relationship progresses. Congrats; suffice to say, we can't wait to see what else sparks up between these two ;) .. ♥

Congratulate @Tenebrae and @Boudika on "Half sweet, half gone" winning Thread of the Season!

This whole thread is an absolute dream to read! We love the tension and emotions, and watching Boudika and Tenebrae interact in this thread is kind of like exploring a part of their relationship that none of us are meant to see. Overall, this is a passionate, vulnerable, and beautifully written interaction between these two. 

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59P EST ON 03/31/2020!
Spotlight Nominations for Year 505 Spring are now open! We're looking at YOU guys to give us the nominations on who you think would be the best for the following categories:

CHARACTER of the Season
Sarkan, who won Character OTS for 504 Winter, is not available for nomination!

Current nominations: 
@Ia
@Dune
@Aspara
@Thana

MEMBER of the Season
Cannon, who won Member OTS for 504 Winter, cannot be nominated!

Current nominations: 
@Sparrow
@kay
@Muirgen

PAIR of the Season
Boudika&Tenebrae, who won Pair OTS for 504 Winter, cannot be nominated!

Current nominations: 
@Morrighan & @Al'Zahra
@Ipomoea & @Thana
@Callynite & @Huehuecoyotl

THREAD of the Season
Thread must have been made or posted in during 504 Winter (02/01 - 03/31)!

Current nominations:
Come With Me Into The Field of Sunflowers
Busy Dying
Hollow Bones
Half Sweet, Half Gone
No Flowers Here

QUOTE of the Season
Quote must come from a post made during 504 Winter (02/01 - 03/31)!

Current nominations include...

"Elena had never learned to keep the door closed to the monsters that crept at night. She would pull back the covers and invite them into her bed if it meant she didn't have to sleep alone under the stars." - Elena in Tell Him The Fire's Out

"And he doesn’t comment on all the ways Orestes is the same, and different, than the last time he saw him; or the way the smell of the sea has been replaced by the smell of sage and desert sands, or how he thinks the sea had suited him better." - Ipomoea in We're Both Angels In Our Own Stories

"Crows just wanna have fun" - Dune in Collide Towards the Darkness

"Morrighan makes a lot of noises to express her frustration" - Morrighan in Hallucinations

• Winners will receive 100 signos and be highlighted in our Spotlight section!

• The (first) person to nominate a Spotlight winner will also receive 100 signos!

• Post the below form in a reply to this thread, or message staff directly if you'd like to stay anonymous.

• You may nominate for 1, 2, 3, or all categories - and may make multiple nominations per category!

• You can nominate those already listed under current nominations, but be aware that multiple votes won't increase their chances of winning! Please try and suggest someone different, if you're able to!

• We know it's tempting (and many of you deserve the recognition!), but please don't nominate yourself!

• Players/Characters who won the Year 504 Fall Spotlights cannot be nominated this time around. This doesn't apply to those who were nominated last time but not chosen. They may be nominated again!

Code:
<center><div style="width:60%; text-align: justify;"><span class="officialheader">Spotlight Nomination!</span>

<b>Which OTS</b>: CHARACTER, PAIR, THREAD, OR MEMBER OF THE SEASON
<b>Show us</b>: TAG THE CHARACTER(s) OR MEMBER VIA @NAME, or <a href="LINK">TO THE THREAD</a>
<b>Reason:</b> TELL US WHY YOU CHOSE WHO/WHAT YOU CHOSE!
</div></center>

Staff will make the final vote and decide which of the nominees for each category is the best fit!

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 300
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: MEMEBER
Show us: @Sprawlow
Reason: There are so many people I would love to nominate! But I'm choosing Sprow this time around because she always incredibly kind and helpful. She is always quick to ask how everyone is doing and comfort those who need it. Overall I think she is such a huge part of the Novus community and deserves so much recognition.

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: CHARACTER
Show us: @Ia
Reason: Though this character doesn't have much on site yet, I think these two are so interesting and unique! and Kat writes them so so beautifully.

Played by Offline Layla [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 1,310

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Member
Show us: @kay
Reason: She's a lovely, sweet human! I also appreciate her sharing all the goofy pictures of Badger. He always makes me laugh/smile xD

Which OTS: Character
Show us: @Dune
Reason: Honestly I love all of Rae's characters but Dune is especially cool with his dream magic. I can't wait to thread with him and explore more possibilities with the dream world -shook eyes emoji-

Which OTS: Thread
Show us: Come With Me Into The Field of Sunflowers
Reason: I really enjoy Sarkan & Aspara together. I see Sarkan as a darker character or at least he doesn't seem like someone who would be spending time with a kid, but their interactions are wholesome. Esepcially Aspara talking to the flowers ahhh <3 The thread's taken a crazy turn, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it continues playing out!

Show us: Busy Dying
Reason: Okay maybe I'm obsessed throwing Po and Thana in again but honestly I love them. This thread in particular is cool because their magic abilities are reversed. Did I mention I love them?

Going to leave this minimal for now, but I might add more later <3

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 1,725
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: @Isra
Reason: Because she's never won character OTS for some reason??! Despite being Novus' top poster for a long while, contributing massively to night court history/lore, and, y'know, just generally being one of the best characters I've ever had the joy to read/write with <3 Isra's departure from night court this season was very sad but it was also SO perfect in a lot of ways, and I think Isra deserves a huge shoutout for her amazing character arc and wonderful leadership. She will be missed <3 (and all hail Antiope, our badass new sovereign!!)

Which OTS: Pair
Show us: Morrighan and Al'Zahra
Reason: These two are so SPICY! Al'Zahra is so hypnotic, and Morr is so fierce, they are a great combo. I particularly love seeing Morrighan's vulnerability come out through as their relationship progresses.

Which OTS: Quote
Show us: "Elena had never learned to keep the door closed to the monsters that crept at night. She would pull back the covers and invite them into her bed if it meant she didn't have to sleep alone under the stars." - Elena, Tell him the fire's out
Reason: Elenaaa ;_;

Show us: Hollow Bones with Corrdelia and Po
Reason: This thread is HEARTBREAKING. Aside from the obvious tragedy, PO is there who has lost a bonded TOO and he's already got the biggest heart so... ugh, this thread hurts

I'll probably be back later with more threads... There were so many good ones this season!

Played by Offline Cannon [PM] Posts: 86 — Threads: 19
Signos: 105
Night Court Entertainer
Male [He/Him/His] // 8 [Year 497 Summer] // 15 hh // Hth: 13 — Atk: 7 — Exp: 10 // Active Magic: // Bonded:

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Quote
Show us: "And he doesn’t comment on all the ways Orestes is the same, and different, than the last time he saw him; or the way the smell of the sea has been replaced by the smell of sage and desert sands, or how he thinks the sea had suited him better." @Ipomoea in we're both angels in our own stories
Reason: First of all I'm literally in love with Po but second of all, I am such a huge fan of every Po/Orestes thread and the dynamic between them as sovereigns and deciding what that means to each, and then how the other views it, and I think this quote kind of perfectly sums up all those concepts. Plus it is savage and I love that for us.

Not having been around much this season is really ruining my ability to nominate. :/ Sorry dudes

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 10,140
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: @Aspara
Reason: I adore the way that Rae writes Aspara—such an old soul in such a young character—and having her family off on a daring adventure will no doubt lead to some great development. I can't wait to see where she goes!

Show us: @Thana
Reason: Nestle is so good at writing these archaic, mystical, otherworldly characters and Thana is no exception. I've loved watching her grow and evolve, and reading her posts always gives me a writing itch. She is just a wonderful character.

Which OTS: Member
Show us: @Muirgen
Reason: Mui has been a constant presence on Novus, always ready in chat with a fun meme, new exciting character idea or amazing character sketches. I love her characters, each unique and exciting, and her positive attitude is so appreciated.

Show us: @Ipomoea & @Thana
Reason: The more I see of these two, the more I love them (although I still pine for the sweet days of Messa and Po). With all the changes Po has gone through, there really is nobody better suited to him that Thana and they pair with each other so perfectly. Life and death? Come on.

Show us: half sweet, half gone
Reason: What is there to say except yes, yes, yes! This thread and everything about these two is just so divine to read.

Show us: no flowers here
Reason: Ahh I mean I guess this goes along with everything that I said about them in their pair nomination above but there is so much powerful, raw emotion in this thread. And the descriptions of their magics at work against each other is flawless and amazingly written.

[Image: cal_sprite_by_high_horizon_da9j6fc_by_no...c2hmyv.png]
begins with a single word
a single note, a single drop of rain

Played by Offline nestle [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 8,142

This is going to be sloppy because I’m mobile.

“Crows just want to have fun” by dune in his oasis thread that I have no link to because mobile

“Morrighan makes a lot of noises to express her frustration” from her illusory fields thread with thana

I’m nominating both of these quotes because I feel like with the current state of the world these two quotes, that literally made me laugh out loud for a solid minute, are just so pure. Both writers are always amazing and have some serious mood setting sentences but when these two gems just sneak in, it really makes me realize that we write together not to feel like Poe’s and Maas’s but because we all love each other and this crazy magical world we have created together.

Played by Offline griffin [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 0
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: @Callynite and @Huehuecoyotl
Reason: These two are so cute and charming! I've enjoyed their threads since they first met and always love their conversations, they teach me so much about them as characters.

Played by Online inkbone [PM] Posts: 67 — Threads: 0
Signos: 3,650
Administrator

CONGRATS to our winners for Year 505 Spring! ♥

Character: @Dune
Member: @kay
Pair: @Morrighan & @Al'Zahra (Thank you, everyone, for helping us vote for this one! ♥)
Thread: "Half Sweet, Half Gone" with @Boudika and @Tenebrae
Quote: From "Tell him the fire's out — "... @Elena had never learned to keep the door closed to the monsters that crept at night. She would pull back the covers and invite them into her bed if it meant she didn't have to sleep alone under the stars."