Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Where did you drag me?! (Below Zero)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol Bestiam

Sol swore as the sky started to darken earlier than he had expected. It had been a day of travel, sighting the world and trying to get a stronger lay of the land around. It had been a bit since he had last seen Below Zero and the though of her had him exploring Terrastella. Their encounter with the believed deceased filly had really thrown Bel, making her seem so unlike her usual self.

Sighing and swearing as the darkness closed in, Sol found himself circling lower and lower to try to find a place to land and rest his weary wings. His flaming hooves settled on damp grasses, flames sputtering and fighting the cool wetness. The one positive that he had found was that his hooves did provide a bit of light to see his way through dark areas. But the lands that he had found himself in were so completely new that the massive stallion found himself unnerved.

Peering through the trees that now surrounded him, he carefully folded his wings and tried to figure out where he was going. Through the trees, he noticed a glow that struck him like a blow to the gut. He knew that glow. That glow belonged to the mare that he had found himself growing more and more attached as the time went on. Shaking his ebony and gold locks, he started in that direction, finding that his hooves were dimming and sputtering. "What in the world?" He sputtered, looking down at his hooves as they fought with the moisture that was welling deeper and deeper. "Bel, what are you doing out here?" He asked, his voice not likely to actually carry to the stunning creature that he was heading toward.

@Below Zero
"Speaking."
Notes: lmao lets see what fun we create now!

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
sometimes it feels just like i'm falling in the ocean
let the waves up take me down, let the hurricane set in motion
Bel was in an odd frame of mind as of recent. It was not what you expect to happen - during a fall festival to run into the baby sister you had been forced to abandon and believed to be dead and gone - unreachable forever. For her sister to turn up out of the blue, it had taken Bel for a spin, a very tragic spin into a state she just wasn't sure where she sat. It left her wondering, left her lost, left her in a constant state of focusing on "What Ifs". What if she hadn't been so discouraged and had kept searching for her sister longer. What if those nomads hadn't come and her sister had to experience the worst death imaginable to their species, I'll while forced to watch those sharks closing in from beneath the ice. What if her baby sister had suffered even worse, because she had given up! She had given up and chose to escape from the memroeis rather than search for her sister proper. She had give up on Polar! It was like abandoning her twice!

You couldn't have known. Bel spun towards Yukime, eyes wide at the insight of her companion. The Serpent was curled up on a rock, while Bel paced within the swamplands, her vapors near arctic temperatures to counter the heat and humidity of the swamplands. After the first few well-placed hooves, the predators of the half-waters were avoiding her as well (plus the Serpent's snarls and the ominous creaking of ice shards). Bel sighed, her head dropping like a limp jellyfish, "I know, I just feel like I should have done more! I took the easy way out, Yukime! I left her, and then abandoned her twice when she had to be rescued for someone else because I swam like a guppy afraid of a shadow. I was supposed to be the one to protect her . . . instead, someone else raised her."

The Serpent hissed at the distress being shown on the mare's face, "You aren't her dam! You are her sister, and you were barely out of the egg yourself!" Bel flinched back, glowing cyan eyes staring in wide shock at the pale glowing ice of her companions, "Bel . . ." The Serpent spoke softer this time, but shocking her companion with the use of the nickname, "I know it hurts, but I don't think your mother would blame you for all that has happened. You need to stop finding weight to add to your shoulders. Or you'll crumble like a stressed ice shelf! You did your best for yourself and her. It's okay to move on now. She's here now, and she's not going to chase you off like a territorial shark. You can get to know her again, and it will get better. Isn't this the ending your mother would have hoped for. For her two pups to be together again, supporting each other - not living in the past works and what-ifs."

Bel sighed before nodding once, moving towards the glowing pale creature on the rock and brushing her cheek against her in a soft motion of gratitude, more thankful for the companion that had opened her eyes to so much. "Thank you, for everything Yukime. Can you . . . tell me more about the world where my ancestors came from?" It was a plea of distraction, but Yukime was happy to accept it, motioning with her finned tail for Bel to get comfortable. Bel immediately lowered herself into the swamp, relaxing into the waters as her vapors quickly cooled it around her to be a touch more comfortable for the polar being.

The talk didn't last long until the Serpent froze and spun towards a sound that had Bel sitting up in concern. "Yukime?" She asked with caution, looking up and around before her ears perked at the sound of another huffing and making their way through the swamp, It's your giant stalker." The Serpent dead-panned, before barely having time to grab onto Bel and secure her hold before the mare was moving curiously forward, ears perked struggling to spot the black stallion against the night. Of course, upon finding him, standing in the gushy swamp, water up past the point of his knees, and Bel stood still in surprise, tilting her head curiously, from the dry bar she was walking on that kept her out of the water, "Sol? Why are you trying to swim in the swamp? Most use the dry parts to make their way across - there are predators in the water, you know?" She asked innocently, nodding to a caiman that had entered the water further down, swimming away from the glowing blue creature.

"Actually - what are you doing in a swamp at all, silly!" Still trying to figure out what he was doing in the swamp, to begin with.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes::

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol Bestiam

It's your giant stalker." Sol heard the acerbic comment through the darkness and flicked an ear. It was an unfamiliar voice and he turned his head to try to locate the sound. "Whoever you are... I think you would find that I dont actually stalk anyone. I have a few friends that I care for and check in on as time passes... but no stalking..." He defended himself, feeling a stab of irritation at the fact that one would call him as such.

"Sol? Why are you trying to swim in the swamp? Most use the dry parts to make their way across - there are predators in the water, you know? Actually - what are you doing in a swamp at all, silly!" Sol took a deep breath and sighed in happiness and relief. "Bel! You are ok. I was getting worried since I havent heard from you since the... since the bonfires." Since the night that her sister had miraculously appeared from the dead. Since the night that he had watched the emotional turmoil berate his dearest friend and felt her shaking beside him like she was going to fall into pieces at his hooves. Since the night that he started to realize the he truly cared for Bel in a way that could possibly morph into more in the future. So many ways that he could have finished that sentence... Instead it came out lame and pathetic.

"Predators... dont usually scare me. But then again, I can usually see what is around me as well. This infernal water is not helping matters. And I didnt know I was in a swamp. I was flying overhead and needed to land as it got darker. Dusk is the hardest time for me to see reliably and I thought I could wait for a few moments on the land and be safe." He answered her questions as he climbed from the murky waters to the sandbar that she was standing on. He noticed the creature on her back and eyed it. Sol had a feeling that this little creature was the one that had made the initial comment and he wasnt sure if he was fond of the creature or not yet.

As he stood on the dryer land, he watched the world around him start to be bathed in the usual flickering glow that he had grown used to. Glancing down, he noticed that his hooves had dried enough to reignite and rival Bel's striking ethereal luminescence. It was rare for him to actually see her in full glow, since they usually stayed where there was some light rather than the pitch black of the swamp that he had somehow managed to meet her in. Pressing his muzzle forward, he reached to caress her shoulder in fond greeting, careful to stay out of the way of the clearly otherworldly creature that seemed to have attached itself to her.

"Seriously... How are you? I dont know that I have gone this long without hearing your voice, at least since we met initially. I have learned that I look forward to your company." His eyes were warm and inviting, filled with a lot more than was coming from his lips as he gazed down at her face.

@Below Zero
"Speaking."
Notes: -snorts- Since she didnt speak to him in the quest, Sol doesnt know Yuki's voice and might have been defensive XD