Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Alien or Friend (Below Zero)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Trevelyan

Bring on the Dragons

Trey sighed as he strode along the beach, his hooves sinking into the surf. The weather was finally warming up and spring was kissing the trees with green growth. It was his favorite time of year in the realm above the surf. It was a time of new... new growth, new life, new chances. Flicking his golden fluke, he dove into the sea and sighed softly at the feeling of weightlessness that overcame the gravity. Unlike a typical shark, CEF's had developed gills within their natural nostrils. Membranes closed and opened to accommodate the change of oxygen flow.

The depths of the sea here were not like those that he had called home as a pup. That being said, there was a startling beauty to the water that made him smiled softly. Out in the distance, a shark darted through the dark water. It was too far for him to recognize, but it made him feel more at home. A sliver of thought wove through him and he was glad that Pol was not with him. She would be terrified at the sight of any shark. Maker knew that she had been afraid of him at first sight, even with him being more than your typical shark.

Turning through the water like the shark he had seen, he swam back to the beach. Breaking from the surf, he carefully made his way back to land. A soft sigh escaped his throat as he felt the land claim him again. He always felt so heavy leaving his home, the waters that gave him life. "I probably would not have stayed here without the waters that I could claim as my own... Too much dry land is terrible for my pelt." He laughed as he shook his coat dry and gazed about him. His experiences in Novus so far had been pretty quiet... Heck, he had only met a few horses and had yet to find any sign of Polar North. Not that he was holding his breath at this point. "Maker, please make her safe. Maker, help me find her..." He murmured reverently, eyes seeking the warm skies above him as he prayed to the god that he trusted.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: <3

CREDIT to Akatsukislilwolf (offsite)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
sometimes it feels just like i'm falling in the ocean
let the waves up take me down, let the hurricane set in motion
The aquatic creature danced deep beneath the waves, her form slipping with ease as she travelled beneath the coral beds, swimming amongst the local tropical fish population that made the reef home. She glanced towards Yukime to the side with, before releasing a vibrant laugh, bubbles escaping from her gills in a rush of air as she turned towards the ice serpent that was being stalked by some curious, but tiny eels. Her fluke pushed down hard through the water, surging her forward as she angled herself towards her bonded familiar. Arching her body, she swam in a tight circle around the alien serpent, allowing the creature to wrap around her neck and cling tightly before she took off away from the clearly disappointed eels. "There, there, Yukime. I'll rescue you from the scary eels." Bel's voice sang out teasingly as she grinned at the unimpressed creature clinging to her spine.

Yukime huffed before simply stretching out along Bel's back, sulking at the teasing, "Ah, don't get your tail in a twist. I'm just teasing you!" Bel stated with a smile, as she angled her body towards the surface, breaching the water with a flash of light reflecting of her blue and ivory hued coat and gray ram horns. The treader smile at the serpent before she angled herself towards the beach and dived below once more, swimming faster beneath the waves than fighting the current and air flow above, bubbles trickling from her gills as she took in more water, her body stripping it of Oxygen.

She neared the surface before too long, her breath coming easy - despite having been out a far distance initially, and with this time, surfacing as her hooves hit solid land, she was halted by an unfamiliar form that was clearly as dual in nature as her own. But unline her own whale fluke, her finned dorsal, or even the dual eyes of her species, his appearance was far more stream lined from a shark . . . . Bel couldn't help but to stare in surprise, the vapors seeming to shift cooled for a moment before steaming up in growing excitement, as she eagerly trotted forward, ignoring Yukime's caution about an unfamilar stranger, "YOU LOOK LIKE A SHARK!" Her voice almost squealed, the vowels slightly elongated and carried on the salt-water infused winds. "I've never seen anyone like you in the oceans, although, if you are more like a shark, I doubt you'd be out in the poles where I used to live. What's your name? Do you have a pod of others like you? What do you call your species? Do you eat fish too? If so, what's your favorite? I love tuna, and cod! But Salmon is my absolute favorite. Oh, where are my manners!?

"You'd think I was raised by lionfish, all bluster and no manners! My name is Below Zero, but you can call me Bel!
" There was a pause as Ice shards are shot at Bel's hooves, causing Bel to glance at the irrate Yukime, before smiling innocently and purposely ignoring Yukime's issue, "Oh, and this feisty Carver is Yukime! Say, are you an alien species?!?" She asked with innocence, before turning back to the annoyed serpent, "Oh hush Yukime. I'm just being friendly. You need to loosen up, you act like a squid with its tentacles in a twist!" To which Yukime responded with merely another untrusting huff.

"Bel"
Yukime
@'Trevelyan'
Notes:: Bel is just FULL of questions for the shark-horse

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Trevelyan

Bring on the Dragons

"YOU LOOK LIKE A SHARK!" Trey started as he heard the words, whipping his head to locate the voice and his body primed for defense should it come to that. The initial sight of the aquatic creature had his heart stopping, her appearance so similar to him that he had to struggle to realize it wasnt the form he was seeking. A disappointed sigh escaped him and he felt his muscles relax as he turned to face her further. "And you look like a vapor treader..." He greeted with a laugh, smiling at the smaller mare.

"I've never seen anyone like you in the oceans, although, if you are more like a shark, I doubt you'd be out in the poles where I used to live. What's your name? Do you have a pod of others like you? What do you call your species? Do you eat fish too? If so, what's your favorite? I love tuna, and cod! But Salmon is my absolute favorite. Oh, where are my manners!?" Trey found himself amused. This mare, while looking similar to Polar North, was much more bubbly in personality than the young creature that had nursed him back to health regardless of his appearance and her fears. "Nope... I tend to stick to warmer waters. I am Trevelyan." He was hesitant to just give the shortened version of his name... Considering the reaction that Caelum had experienced. "My species is Carcharhinus Equus Ferus, or CEF. Yes, I eat fish, or at least aquatic meat sources. I find that I prefer lobster and barracuda to the typical fish species. Barracuda has to be the best in my eyes... best flavor and texture." He willingly answered her questions with a grin on his face, though his eyes were cooler as he tried to see if there was anything that could connect this mare to Pol.

"You'd think I was raised by lionfish, all bluster and no manners! My name is Below Zero, but you can call me Bel! Oh, and this feisty Carver is Yukime! Say, are you an alien species?!? Oh hush Yukime. I'm just being friendly. You need to loosen up, you act like a squid with its tentacles in a twist!" Trey jumped back at the ice shards that hit the sand, instinctively baring his teeth as he searched for danger. He finally located the creature on her back, the one that seemed to be named Yukime, golden yellow eyes widening in surprise. "I am not alien... though I think the thing on your back might be." The feral looking stallion forced himself to calm, drawing himself up into a more regal bearing as he studied the pair. Below Zero... Below Zero.. OH! The stallion jumped as though he had been physically dealt a blow. "Below Zero!!! You are Polar North's sister! Do you know where she is?" He sputtered in excitement, not thinking that she might still be unaware that Pol was actually alive. Heck, Pol might not have even reached here yet. "Sorry! I lost control of my tongue. I used to travel with your little sister and she mentioned many times... that she wanted to find you. To speak with you... And forgive you. Has she reached you yet?" He asked, softening his demeanor and watching her carefully.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: Lol he doesnt mind the questions

CREDIT to Akatsukislilwolf (offsite)