Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I swear to drunk I'm not god (festival)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jes [PM] Posts: 9 — Threads: 3
Signos: 250
Inactive Character

It had been the sound of music that called Regina towards the festivities. Like a siren's song it beckoned to her. Music, unlike many things she'd encountered in this strange land, was something both familiar to her, as well as dear to her heart. Many nights had been spent out in the desert, singing and dancing as the wandering nomads had crossed paths with other groups. The elders would sing and tell their stories while the children danced and played until it was time to sleep. There was an intoxication that had nothing to do with wine swimming between her ears as she mingled through the crowd. 

That wasn't to say she did not plan on partaking in said wine of course. She was slowly starting to accept the fact that this place was full of strange customs and strange habits. She'd watch has horses trotted and stomped violet berries beneath their hooves for a short time. Humming softly in time with the music and smiling to herself. It looked fun, that was for sure, "Maybe later." she muttered to herself. Her desire to not run around such a gathering covered in sticky filth winning out over youthful whims for the moment being. 

Pulling herself away from the spectacle she moved to inspect a bottle sitting nearby. Others seemed to be drinking out of them? She lowered her head to give it a good sniff, drawing back for a moment when a surprisingly bitter scent stung her nose. Everyone seemed to be enjoying it greatly however, "Well, I guess I won't know until I try it." maybe it was the music, maybe it was the general atmosphere of joy and laughter causing her to put aside any sort of caution. Gingerly she took the stem of the bottle between her teeth, the glass feeling strange she awkwardly threw up her head in a surprisingly successful attempt to drink the liquid inside. The wine was sweeter than she expected. There was undeniably a bitterness too it still, but it wasn't half bad. After gulping down a few mouthfuls she just as awkwardly set the bottle back down on the ground in front of her. It clanked loudly as she dropped it with a little too much distance between it and the ground but fortunately held its integrity. Smacking her lips she let the flavor on her tongue sink it. "Not bad, but I don't see what all the fuss is over grape water."

The music might have been familiar, but she was in for a surprise. They never had alcohol in the desert. 

@Hugo