Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a gilded stage

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Muirgen [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 12
Signos: 5
Dawn Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  14 [Year 497 Spring]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Mesnyi

F
or Mesnyi, the world was a stage. Sometimes she wished it wasn’t, but how could it be helped? She belonged at the forefront, and even if she didn’t turn out a performer, her beauty and exoticism went unmatched. And if they didn’t…well, she did her best to bring that girl under her wing, just below her. It was good to have friends you could toss at boys who fell too hard or got too close. The heart was meant to be kept in a box somewhere, key hidden under a flowerpot, only for when you locked yours inside. It wasn’t a place for visitors, no matter how many knocked, and it certainly wasn’t a home for two.

She was at it again, dancing in the center of town, violin scratching out foreign tunes. While working, Mesnyi never allowed herself to become lost in the dance. She remained alert, always searching for her next target. If she shook her hips at him, would he throw some coins in her pot? If she smiled at this one or winked at that one, would they offer her food, a drink, a bed? This was her focus always - it was work, after all. She did this to afford a week of frolicking amongst the flowers. Spring brought more wild food, so she wouldn’t have to work as hard, but sometimes it simply got lonely out there.

Perhaps that was because she only had one head.

Mesnyi had danced through her fair share of oddities. Some violent, others hilarious or attractive or otherwise distracting. But this - she’d never seen a two headed horse before. It was - stunning and…grotesque, all at once. The glass violin trailed into silence as Mesnyi slowed her dance to stillness. My, if I’d been in a caravan… This was just the kind of creature the Benevolent loved to collect. The glass bow bounced on the strings quietly, patiently, waiting. ”Excuse me,” Mesnyi called out. ”Miss - might you be a dancer?”

"speaks" | notes: ☽☼☾
rallidae

"You see, women are like fires, like flames. Some women are like candles, bright and friendly. Some are like single sparks, or embers, like fireflies for chasing on summer nights. Some are like campfires, all light and heat for a night and willing to be left after. Some women are like hearthfires, not much to look at but underneath they are all warm red coal that burns a long, long while."

[Image: 26y3cfu.png]
tracker
plotter
please tag the proper character for replies

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ia

Feast on the fruit of every tree
You can bathe in every dream
Delumine, a court of scholars who have no idea of what a good time is and forests in which to lose yourself in. Ia much prefer it to sloshing through the muck of Terrastella’s swamp, but unfortunately their business is not here, it is there. They are only stopping in the Dawn Court to rest, perhaps for a few days, before continuing south.

They are passing through the markets, the twins, garnering their fair share of whispers and long glances, when Harmonia hears the violin. Being the more musical of the two, her attention has immediately been piqued. “Sister, do you hear that? Isn’t it lovely?”

Olympia allows Harmonia this, as the pair head further into the center of the city and closer to the source of the music. “Yes, it is,” she says, quite honestly, though once her eyes land upon the instrument and its presumed player, her words suddenly mean something completely different, “Very much so…”

A wonderful, intriguing gleam comes into her honey gold eyes.

She is already looking at the unicorn when she calls out to them. Ia weave through the passing equines to reach the silver and lavender woman, Harmonia watching the violin with bright awe. “Indeed, we are,” Olympia responds, a coquettish grin turning up the corner of her lips. “My sister is a brilliant singer, as well.” Harmonia smiles, almost humbly, from behind the curtain of her sister’s hair. Her eyes are as clear and blue as the violin dancing in the air beside the unicorn.

"Harmonia." | "Olympia."

| @Mesnyi

Played by Offline Muirgen [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 12
Signos: 5
Dawn Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  14 [Year 497 Spring]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Mesnyi

A
h, a welcomed reception. Nothing more pleased Mesnyi, except the thought that they might entertain alongside her. ”Ah, how wonderful! What stars must have aligned to bring me such a stunning pair.” She saw the flirtation in their smiles. Mesnyi swished her tail across her hips in response to the way they appraised her, one more so than the other. Women were seldom to her taste, really, but Mesnyi lived a life that revolved around not who she found attractive, but what she could get from them. More recent times had brought her to invite the attentions of women, and she found often that they carried less danger and desired to enjoy her more than to possess her (at least some of them). These two - well, she would just have to find out.

”Care to join me? I’ve been learning some songs of the local people, but if you could lead, I am always happy to accompany…” Her lilting voice carried just enough so that nearby bystanders could hear her; the hope of such a pair (or trio?) performing would entice them to stay. ”Please,” she said, bowing. 

"speaks" | notes: ☽☼☾
rallidae

"You see, women are like fires, like flames. Some women are like candles, bright and friendly. Some are like single sparks, or embers, like fireflies for chasing on summer nights. Some are like campfires, all light and heat for a night and willing to be left after. Some women are like hearthfires, not much to look at but underneath they are all warm red coal that burns a long, long while."

[Image: 26y3cfu.png]
tracker
plotter
please tag the proper character for replies