Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - A new start

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Moonlight

This day marked a new life for Moonlight, a life she never saw herself in as all of her life she ran away from other horses. The rejection from her own kingdom created a deep wound not only in the way she felt about others, but in the way she saw herself. Sometimes she wondered if she was the only cause, but thinking beyond it maybe it was other's problems, other's point of view, maybe she wasn't wrong at all, people were wrong. Whatever the reason was, she preferred to leave others alone, to avoid talking if it could be avoided, but one may ask. Why was she in this place in the first place? She from all the horses of the world part of a Court, a herd in essence. 

She wasn't a fool, she wasn't a short-minded creature, and never in her life, she had proven to be one. She would lie if she said she wasn't afraid of that, she would lie if she said she wouldn't prefer leaving on her own. But she didn't have any great skills for self-preserving, she left before she was taught any essential abilities a horse should have. And it was starving to death or being eaten by predators, or join a new group even if the risk of discrimination could come along with it once more. And of course, she preferred to keep with her life before ending it the dumbest ways one could think of. But even if she went for the wisest choice, it didn't mean she was going to enjoy it. 

And tonight, she wished to "talk" to the only friend she has ever had. The moon. In all of these months in loneliness, only the astral sphere became a companion, the only one she could talk to without expecting words of hate, hostile treatment or lies. She could always speak and tell her all of her things, ideas, dreams, wishes, and fears. And she always counted in that no judgment would ever come. 

And this being her first night in the herd, meant a lot for the young mare. She could sleep, she felt anxious, with fear and uncertainness of what her life would be from no one. What was waiting for her, what kind of people she would cross paths with. Was this the right choice? But she was aware that regardless of the answer, there was no way back. The decision was already made, and here she was. Standing on a hill, with cyan eyes observing the moon tall in the starry night. "My old friend...I hope I made the right choice." Cold words danced into the air as her ears switched around as sound came through them. 

Action | "Speech." | 'Thought.'

Code by Kaitlyn/stock by pixabay

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

The evenings were always made for silent reflection. They allowed Rhone a moment of peace to think about the day, to think about what was done right and what could be done better. It was a time for him to plan for his day tomorrow and generally relax. Granted, the stallion was never one who got so uptight that he truly needed to unwind. Rhone was that type of creature that would go with the flow. Rhone would make lemonade out the lemons life had gave him.

You see, this is not Rhone’s first home. He came here seeking a new life where he might be able to right his wrongs. The stallion was once a lover, a father, and a king and he had filed in each of those roles. But with that failure came a knowledge that he knew he could use to help others guide themselves down a similar path. And so, Rhone had promised to use his bad experiences in order to guide others so he might not make them again.

This particular night, Rhone had been in the Susurro Fields, growing a field of flowers. You see, Rhone worships Brighton, a god of Earth from his past life. Brighton gave him power over all things in the earth – the grass, the flowers, the trees, the weeds, and the dirt that surrounded them all. Rhone was all about things of beauty, and so he made it a habit to grow something each day so others might look upon it and only see beauty.

After his patch of roses were grown and Rhone saw that all was good, he allowed his magic to settle back in him as he made his way back to his home in court proper. But there was something along the way that caught the bay’s attention. A young mare, no older than two or three he suspected, was looking up at the moon in silent reflection. Her color seemed to blend so perfectly with the night sky. She was beautiful in that sense. Not only that, but she was a new and unfamiliar face. He had to welcome her to Terrastella.

His course changed lightly and he made his way towards her at a leisurely pace. He did not wish to rush up on her. He made sure his steps were loud enough for her to hear. After all, the last thing he wanted to do was startle her. The moon was full and light up the small field and as he stepped closer to her, it would offer her a chance to view him completely. Unlike herself, he was plain and ordinary. He had no vibrant colors, no horns, no unique eyes. He was plain and that was just how he had come to love himself. "She is beautiful when she is full, is she not?" The she he was referring to was the moon. Her bright, full body light up the sky. Speckled around her were stars that guided the way. It was a beautiful night tonight.

@Moonlight

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Lyr

IN MY PREVIOUS LIFE I WAS A TWO-WINGED SPARROW SITTING ON THE UNROTTED FENCE, SINGING TO THE WALNUT SAPLINGS. OR MAYBE I WAS SALTWATER CURLED IN WARM MURMURS AROUND THE LIMESTONE  CALICLES OF LIVE CORAL REEFS. OR MAYBE I WAS AN IRIS-BUSH, MY HANDS HONEY-BEE-LOUD, MY LAUGHTER BLUE AS UNSPILLED BLOOD, OR HAVE I ALWAYS BEEN THIS SHAPE OF BODY-STRIVING-FOR, THIS MAN DESTINED TO ACHE? I WORRY I AM ORPHIC NOW ONLY IN THE SENSE THAT I'M LOOKING BACK? NO, SOMEWHERE IN ME THERE MUST BE A FLIGHT AND CHURN AND BURSTING OPEN.

Lyr is one of the few men in his unit that prefers sentry duty at night. Perhaps it is due to his natural introversion—well, it is most certainly due to his natural introversion—that he so adamantly chooses the seclusion of the night. And, at that, it is a good night; he has been assigned Susurro Fields with one other soldier, a man named Buckner. The two of them have agreed to split off at some distance and reconvene in an hour or so, cutting the job in half. Technically they were meant to stay as a pair, for reasons of safety, but it was a quiet night and they expected no trouble.

Beneath the clear moon and the brilliant sky, the mare in the distance is blatantly visible. It is only because the spring air is so clear and cool; Lyr is at a distance when he sees her and so he is also at a distance when the stallion approaches her, a man he recognises vaguely as a member of Dusk. 

Either way, there is something about the encounter that intrigues him enough to change his course through the swaying grass; he lopes toward them and the stalks, as he run, sound like the shushing of the sea—it does not take long for Lyr to summit the hill and take note of how both of the other stare up toward the sky.

Lyr does not hear Rhone's sentence in its actuality, or even its completeness; only enough to catch the gist. Only enough to become unsettled. He asks, in a tone that is noncommittal but curious, “Are you speaking with Caligo?” 

@Rhone @Moonlight || "Speech." || Hope its okay for me to jump into this!
Coding by Avis. 
i know i am damned for the pyre
no matter how bright you glow when you call for me
CREDITS