Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - grapevine fires

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

I lost my kingdom to settle for less
Now I'm spinning around in a paper bag dress
Wondering if this is as good as it gets?
I traded my crown for a beat in my chest

You should just burn it to the ground.

The thought came unbidden, and Israfel halted in her tracks in surprise. A deep, shuddering breath left her lips as vermilion eyes, shining in the evening light like bleeding rubies, scanned the rising canopy of trees that spread out around her. The earthy smell of trees, dirt, and vegetation mixed with soil met her nostrils and she breathed in deep, letting the scent remind her senses that this very forest was alive… Tall, blooming trees stretched upwards towards the sky, reaching out like hands desperate to be saved from drowning, and the Sun Daughter felt her breath still in her throat.

This place did not hold the same warmth and familiarity that it once did. Israfel had visited the Viride a number of times, and each one held a special, tender place in her heart. Now? Now, vast and wide and weaving as the paths of the forest floor were, Israfel found this beautiful place empty and void of everything she had enjoyed about it. 

The sounds of surrounding wildlife fell on deaf ears, their chirps and trills meaning nothing. The evening light peeking through the canopy intertwined with the lurking shadows, dancing to a melody that only they could hear, but its beauty was lost on her.

This place was damned, and Israfel hated it.

He still wasn’t here. There was a chance that he would never be here, and one of these days she just needed to accept that. Yet today wasn’t that day.

The godly blood in her body ran hot, practically urging her to summon her flames and catch the nearest copse of brush and undergrowth on fire. How very easy it would be to send this entire forest up in flames until there was nothing but ashes left in its wake, but she wouldn’t. Couldn’t. Not yet.

“... Fuck you,” she muttered darkly to herself, finally allowing the breath to escape her lungs and the tension to release from her shoulders, her body seeming to sag forward as she slowly began to pick her path through the forest, weaving around trees with predatorial grace, “Why the fuck am I back here? It’s not like you care. It’s not like you’re even here anymore. No one knows where the fuck you went, you son of a bitch.”

Bitterness coated her tongue like ash, terrible to the taste and hard to swallow. Who knew she had been so attached to him? Israfel sure as hell didn’t, but wasn’t it a pity that she had realized it far too late. Oh, if only Marisol or Theodosia could see her now, pining over a man who had never really belonged to her in the first place. Pitiful.

Gritting her teeth together so tight that her jaw cracked, the Sun Daughter pressed on through the woods, drowning herself in the depths of the shadows that coated the woodland floors. For a little while longer she would remain, skulking around the shadows despite standing out like a flaming beacon in the darkness. She wouldn’t leave, not yet. Not until she was satisfied.

A sardonic grin crossed Israfel’s pale-pink lips and she chuckled, cold and dangerous. A pity she could never be satisfied.

"Speaking."

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 8
Signos: 325
Inactive Character

The forest is where Sloane had come rather often to think. There was nothing like losing herself into the shadows. Already she could feel the way the shadows seemed to welcome her, pulling her in and hiding the whites of her feathers. She could feel the way her body seemed to relax, the tension slowly oozing from her body like an infected wound. It was soothing being here. The sounds of the forest seemed to drown the sound of her footsteps, allowing her to move so easily and gracefully through the trees.

Whatever wasn’t invisible naturally, Sloane made sure that no one could see her coming (not that there was really anyone here to hide from). Using her magic, she could feel the way her body seemed to shimmer away, leaving only some subtle traces. While she could not make herself completely invisible (but damnit, she would perfect her magic), it was relatively hard to find her. One would have to be looking for her and if they were, they would see her moving through the forest with the air around her moving almost like a mirage on a road.

Up ahead, she came upon another, someone she didn’t recognize. Who the fuck was this woman? "I suppose I could fuck myself…" Her voice echoed out of the darkness followed by a bellowing laugh. Sloane simply could not contain herself. The opportunity had arisen and she had seized the day. Look how proactive she was being.

But then this woman kept on, talking to herself and talking to someone who wasn’t there. This woman was fucking crazy. Maybe she should call the psyche ward and have a hold put on her. Sloane, as much of a crazy bitch as she was, did not like people who were out of control. They usually inserted themselves in her personal space and drove her crazy. Yes, let’s get the crazy woman out of Delumine.

Slowly, she let her magic fade from around her, bringing her into view (or as much view as it could seeing as how Sloane was still nestled in the shadows). The mare continued forward, and so did Sloane. She followed the mare a little further before he slowly called out. "Who the fuck are you looking for anyway?" She didn’t know everyone in Delumine so she probably wasn’t the best person to ask, but she was observant and she did know people who had (or subsequently hadn’t) come and gone recently. Maybe Ipomoea was right…maybe she had found something she was good at.

@Israfel