Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the divine revelation of an almost-star,

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan

As the boy walks with Elena and Warset, he presses closer to the golden mare, unsure if he trusts Warcry entirely.  There was just something about her – something lurking behind her sad eyes and standoffish demeanor.  He couldn’t put a finger on what it was, but it was enough to cause a chill to run up his spine when her molten silver eyes locked onto his.  They seemed… hungry, almost.  How could the child know the beast that cursed her, lurking just beyond the realm of reality?  Instinct was a powerful thing though, and it is instinct which sews his mouth closed and keeps him marching onward without a second glance to the mysterious island he leaves behind.

They walk for some time, fog growing thicker as it swirled around them.  This is how it began… the boy muses, for the fog had led him here before.  Then, he had wanted to know what lie beyond it, walking unquestioningly through the haze and into the magical kingdom.  But it was a fog which had never seemed to end, twisting in his mind and confusing his senses to the point where he no longer knew which way was north or south.  Even the compass which lay branded on his hide had lost its shimmer here, darkness stealing away the shell’s magic which imbued it.

But this time, she leads them to the light.  As Warset points them toward home and then disappears in the mist, he turns to watch her go for only a moment, his heart leaping with joy at the thought of freedom once more.  Alone with Elena, he turns to her, a hopeful sort of smile.  The lost boy would be going home, at long last.  Are you ready? he asks her with an excited whisper, stepping into the sun and leaving the world of starry magic behind.

the vagabond adventurer
character by firefly
html by castlegraphics;
image by franknsteins

@Warset @Elena

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

“It is hard not to follow when you hear a call,” she says reminiscent of her own past mistakes. Mistakes that had led her away from Beqanna, from Hyaline, from Lilli, from Kensa, from Cassian. And then Warset shines bright and Elena cannot help but continue to be astounded by her.

She feels Pan move closer to her and Elena is grateful for his vibrant, innocent presence. Elena, although sensing something strange about Warset, cannot place the hunger in her eyes. She has gone blind to it, seeing it so often reflected within Tenebrae’s own. They are a quiet trio, but then, so again, are the stars. They makes their presence known only with their light, great against against an obsidian scenery.

But then another light finds them.
It is dawn.

They enter the light. “The sun is waiting on the other side.” Is what she had said. “I knew you would lead us out,” Elena says, and her smile is bright like the stars they will soon leave behind. The moment she is gone, there is a part of Elena that is fearful that perhaps, she had never existed to begin with, that maybe she and her young companion had both imagined her from the very beginning. But Elena has never seen a star more than beautiful than she. She turns to Pan then with blue eyes and still a ready smile and says something she has thought many times, through all the lands she has traveled through.

“Yes, I think I have had enough magic for today.”

She says and she departs back to Terrastella, where she will star gaze from the safety of her seaside home.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Warset @Pan
(wow that was rough, dont hate me)

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »