Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - cathedral bell

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

i'm confused by the shapes in the dark
the thoughts in my head
i know i'm alive, i thought i was dead

There is a part of her that feels like she's betrayed someone or the swamp itself for leaving. Terrastella and that swamp had treated her well for nearly a year. The house she kept to herself in had its own voice and feelings too and it broke her heart to leave.

But she had to, she had no choice.

After the terrible tragedy in the forest when Hāsta was torn apart, she had to find justice. She wanted to find the culprit and - well she didn't know what she would do. Hex them? Maybe. Trying to reason or understand their motives is highly unlikely at this point.

Seasons have passed now and unfortunately, no luck on that front. With a heavy heart, she decided to leave Terrastella and her home behind to settle down in the Dawn Court. She isn't sure if it's temporary or not yet, but it's as if Hāsta is keeping her here. Something about her spirit is telling her the forest is where she's meant to be right now.

And since everything, Corr has stitched Hāsta back together in some horrid attempt to preserve her. Even as she sets up her windchimes and various lawn decorations, she talks to the bird. Corr's sanity has not been the same since it happened, but her grip on reality has slipped so far already. To her, the crow still speaks and so she talks back. Just like old times.

The crow is giving her sass about her choice of decorations and so Corr snaps back, "You have no sense of style, you old bird!" and insists on putting up her wreath of garlic on the door. "This is fashionable and functional. It keeps the vampires and evil spirits away." The mare steps back to look at her door and nods with approval. The smell of the garlic is still as strong as when she first picked it.

She can hear footsteps behind her and it makes her ears twitch. She spins around and sees a woman before her and suddenly gets flustered.

"Oh, hello! Um, have you come for a reading? Oh wait, I'm not set up here…" she trails off, realizing she hasn't quite built a client base in Delumine just yet. She considers herself a talented psychic, but isn't sure if her name has gotten around too far yet. Corr realizes she's been pacing back and forth in front of the woman. "Ah, can I help you?" She offers a smile and stops her pacing.

Hāsta (or what's left of her- she literally looks like a stuffed crow) has been propped up against the house facing them. However, she now appears to have slumped over slightly. In Corr's mind, the crow is mocking her, so she looks over and glares. Typical Hāsta.

"Speaking."
credits

@Elena <3

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

She keeps her eyes closed. The longer that she keeps them shut, the longer she can keep the world out, sit in the warm embrace of her memories of lives she has lived. (Daughter, lover, friend, prisoner, apprentice, healer, politician.) Her heat thrums steadily in her chest. She remembers the way he felt; warm, alive. She remembers that he held her like he did not mean to let her go, and how parts of her wished that he wouldn’t have.

It is a quiet morning – with little else but the dull roar of the turning waves rolling over one another in a rushing bid to get to the sandy shore of Elena’s sea side home. The gentle morning sun can be seen reaching down with caressing light against the far ocean water. The sky is open and bright – a vivid, rich sapphire, painted with a single stroke of lavender as the last sliver of night desperately clutches at the very edge of daybreak. The breeze is gentle, it whispers and smiles as it finds its way to Elena then. It is only then that she finally opens her eyes to free the day.

She thinks summer mornings may be some of her favorite. They remind her of simple times racing across meadows, and laughing by the babbling brook, and falling in love with stories beneath a giant oak. Elena is and always will be a child of summer. Elena watches the swirl of dust and pollen in the slants of sunlight with eyes of silver blue, it sparkles and shimmers for a moment before Elena walks through it, leaving her home behind for the day.

Her wanderings these days are relentless

Something moves her forward and she doesn't entirely understand it. She had been so content when she had been a little girl to stay put in Windskeep, but no longer. Something has been churning at her, in her gut that keeps her from truly sleeping, leaving her restless and aching. Elena finds she wishes to keep her feet constantly moving. This morning is proving to be no different.

She goes to Dawn, as she so often does. She is in Dawn as often as she is in Terrastella these days. Solterra had still proved to be elusive, the girl brave enough to wander towards the desert, but not foolish enough to actually walk the sands alone. Denocte—is another matter entirely. Her heart both aches and fears the land, and perhaps this is what she finds to be most fascinating about it. That, and the shadows and starlight that reside within its borders, begging Elena to return.

The forest welcomes her with open arms as it always does, she wanders between the large trees and with the image of fog in her head she could almost feel as if she were back in Taiga, seeking out a particular red haired cousin of hers. It is only when she makes her way around a particularly large tree that she spies a house up ahead. It is beautiful, and Elena continues walking forwards, slowing her steps only when she spies the mare who the home must belong to. She realizes a moment too late that she may have come a little too close when the woman spins around to meet her in surprise. “Oh, sorry,” she rushes her apology to the startled mare, and the palomino ducks those blue eyes away from her. Her gaze returns only after the mare trails off her own words. Though her words may have faded, Elena’s curiosity has only been piqued.

“A reading?” She asks, taking a small step closer. “What do you read?” She questions further. Elena follows the mare’s gazing look towards the house. “Sorry, I hope I didn't intrude,” she says quickly once more, that apologetic voice rising to her words. “I really love your house,” she says almost sheepishly. “I was just wandering through and it caught my eye,” she admits. “I’m Elena.”

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Corrdelia

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Corrdelia

the thoughts in my head

Much to Corr's delight, it seems the woman is interested after all. The psychic's usual spark returns and her silver eyes seem to sparkle. This is what she lives for, not just doing readings, but teaching others about her craft.

"Oh, no, no, you didn't intrude at all, dear! I read a few things- cards, runes… I've dabbled with throwing bones a bit, but it's primarily tarot cards that I look to," she explains, recounting her one experience when she first tried bone divination. Either she predicted her death or some day she's going to grow an extra wing, she's still not too sure to this day. Tarot and the spirits are where she shines the most and is able to gain the most clarity, so that is what she'll stick with.

When Elena compliments Corr's house, she turns around to look at it again. It's nothing like her house in the swamp, but it'll do. She's slowly made it her own and it has its own characteristics she's come to enjoy.

"Thank you! I've moved more recently, but it's coming along," she says, turning to Elena with a toothy grin. "I'm Corrdelia Maude, resident psychic and crow witch as they call me." She bows in greeting and in her mind, Hāsta is doing her usual grumbling. Every time she uses her title, the crow groans in some way because she thinks it's unnecessary.

"Oh hush," she snaps back at the bird, giving her a sideways glance. The sad body of Hāsta just seems to slump down further against the side of the house. "That's Hāsta, but don't mind her, she's just a grumpy old crow that likes to make silly comments about everything." Corr rolls her eyes, but really she finds it amusing. After all, the crow wouldn't be her bonded without all this back and forth. There had been a time that was gone and it didn't feel right. She doesn't like to think back to that time.

"Have you traveled far? Maybe I should set you up inside with a nice cup of tea," Corr offers and opens her front door. Instead of waiting for Elena's answer, she's already gesturing her inside. Quickly, she makes her way to the kitchen to get her tea kettle ready.

"Speaking."
credits

@Elena <3

Inactive Character

Ask Elena how she got to Novus, to Dusk Court, and she will tell you the honest truth, she does not remember. She had risen from the sea, like the kelpie girl she was not and would never be. (Maybe this is why the Denocte man will break her heart.) She had come ashore like a battered piece of driftwood, but strong never the less as Anandi found her. She had walked with water-weary feet and walked from the coast to the city. She had wandered here, she likes to say, it sounds so much prettier when she packages it like some sort of exotic adventure than what it really was.

Maybe she remembers, though.
But maybe she just doesn't want to tell you about it.

At least not yet.

Still, she can remember all those legends she was told and love that was written in the stars. They are painted on her soul, as they all are for legacy children, in bright colors that cannot fade no matter what damage has been caused. These stories of her youth are what she clings to.

She blinks at the woman for a moment, waiting to see her reaction before a warm smile spreads to her face in response to the woman’s words. “Tarot cards?” She questions taking a step forward. Her curiosity piques like a ballerina ascending en pointe. Despite her youth, there is a gravity to Elena, a bruising behind her eyes that tells everyone that she has seen her fair share of sorrows. “Can you…” she asks, unsure of how to put it. Marcelo comes to mind and his visions that have obscured his eyes with blinding light. “See the future?” She finishes, embarrassment blooming on her cheeks at her question, wondering if the woman would think her silly.

“Where have you moved from?” She asks, so unknowing that she asks a girl who once lived in her very court, who performed her very tasks. Their fates were not aligned to meet in the swamp it would seem, but the forest. Psychic catches her words, but Elena merely offers her a bout of friendly laughter. “I think I may just prefer to call you Corrdelia if it is all the same to you,” she says.

This is when her eyes find the bird once more. “She is beautiful,” Elena says, admiring the feathered creature. There is a carefree smile on those delicate features of hers. (Fae, Tenebrae would say if he were here, she is certain.) Glacier eyes find Corrdelia once more. “A cup of tea sounds lovely,” her voice soft and lilting. Elena moves into her kitchen and feels instantly warmed by the sights and sounds that surround her. It is only when the woman finishes making he tea that Elena hesitantly asks something of her. “Do you think, I could have a reading?” She asks.

Going into life blindly has brought Elena far more downs that ups, perhaps she could find some moments of clarity with the winged girl and her tarot cards.

so take away this apathy

@Corrdelia

Corrdelia

the thoughts in my head

The curiosity in the woman's voice has Corr feeling giddy. Doing readings for others brings her joy, but so does having others feel genuinely interested. She can tell this woman is one of those and it makes her smile. At the question of seeing the future, she chuckles.

"In a way, yes," she answers. "Tarot is more of an intuitive art; a window into the soul. However, the other forms of divination out there can be helpful in getting an idea of the future. There are some whose magic even allows them to see visions, but I just use my divination tools, empathy and intuition."

Corr's title is quite long, yes, so it doesn't surprise her that Elena doesn't want to call her the entire thing. Although, when the woman asks where she moved from, she realizes she left out another part of her title. She'll have to start getting used to saying "resident psychic and crow witch of Delumine".

Corr places the kettle by the fire to heat up the water inside. "I used to live in the swamp of Terrastella. Since the time I came to Novus, actually. I-" she starts to explain, but her mind goes fuzzy when thinking back to exactly why she moved. Had something happened? Had it just been fate bringing her here like it did before when she arrived in Novus? Her head hurts the more she tries to remember this piece of it, so she just leaves it out. "I'm starting to get used to forest living, although it's certainly much different."

Thankfully, Elena agrees to a cup of tea, although Corr had already set everything up either way. It's a drink that's good for the body and mind, which she feels she could use right now for herself anyway. This way at least, she can share a cup with her new friend.

While waiting for the water to be ready, she realizes that Hāsta is still sitting outside and hasn't joined them. The silly bird didn't even hear the compliment that Elena gave her! Corr quickly steps back outside to bring the bird in and helps her perch onto the counter. "Our new friend complimented you and you're being rude!" she chastises the bird, shaking her head. Of course, there is no actual response from the crow, but in Corr's mind, her companion is grumbling as usual. She pays no mind to it and goes back to prepping the tea.

Once the water is all set, she pours it into two mugs and places the tea in them to steep. It's her own personal blend of lavender and vanilla, so she hopes that Elena will enjoy it as much as she does. As she walks over to serve the drink to the mare, Elena asks about getting a reading of her own. It makes Corr so happy that she almost spills the drinks onto the floor.

"Oh! Yes, of course! I would be delighted," she says, still holding the drinks while moving over to her table. "Come, come." She sets the drinks down on the side and gestures for Elena to come take a seat. The table is from her old house and has intricate patterns resembling constellations. She has newer cushions for seating that are a deep shade of purple.

Corr brings out two decks of cards with their faces turned down so only the simple design of the back can be seen. "I hope you don't mind the cards as I have my other supplies still packed away somewhere," she says, feeling a bit embarrassed. Normally she's a lot more organized than this. "At least I can still give you a choice here though! Now, I can use the traditional deck which I like to think is more intuitive and a chance to reflect on yourself, but I also have one I can use to help you seek out your animal spirits. They act as guardians and can share important messages. Which do you feel most drawn to?" She knows it's not an easy question for some to answer, but something tells her that Elena possesses a little intuition herself. "Also, if you have a question you want to ask the cards, think on that or you can say it out loud."

Corr can hardly wait to find out what Elena chooses.

"Speaking."
credits

@Elena <3

Inactive Character

Before her mother and her father, before abandoning Windskeep and moving to Murmuring Rivers, she had been that filly who dreamed of both new and wild worlds, untouched by any and never before gazed upon with mortal eyes, Alongside these imaginings of a world even more wild and wondrous that the one she lived in and walked through, she would also dream of a knight in shining armor to sweep her off her hooves, to take her up into his embrace and tell her just how deeply his love and devotion ran for her. She had begged her mother for the stories of valiant princes rescuing princesses from mighty dragons that guarded towers made of cold stone loneliness. And her mother had been more than happy to weave tales of star-crossed lovers going through tremendous lengths to be together, crossing oceans and conquering mountains all for the sake of a love that rang true in their hearts for their special someone.

She tells herself these stories are not true, that they will never be true, that she is better off not even wishing it.

But, wishes are silent pitter patters on a heart. You sometimes only feel it in the fleeting ways your soul soars unexpectedly.

She likes her laugh and unable to help herself, Elena finds herself hoping. Thinking perhaps some answers and some guidance would be given to her today. “My cousin could see into the future, he said at most times it was, startling. He wouldn't often tell us what he saw,” she added, remembering the flashes of light and Marcelo growing silent.

Her home is pleasant, and the the whistle of the tea kettle draws Elena’s blue eyes away from scanning it and to the drink that awaits. “I’m from Terrastella!” Comes her chiming reply. Elena doesn't recognize her, even as she takes a closer look. It was entirely possible they had just missed each other. Elena watches her carefully for a moment, as the woman gains her barring. “I’ve only been in one forest as large as this, it’s lovely,” she reassures her quickly.

There is twinkling laughter at Corrdelia reprimands her bird, it is only when Elena actually spies her carrying the bird inside that Elena quiets herself for a moment. The obsidian feathered friend didn't seem to be…alive. Her mouth opens, and closes as she thinks better, Corrdelia seemed content, and Elena was never one to blemish another’s fantasy with the heaviness of life and burdens. “This smells amazing,” she says instead, blue eyes flittering to the dead crow briefly before she rests them on the mare.

She follows the mare, laughing at her excitement with nothing but earnest care and gentleness. “Animal spirits,” she says concentrating, Elena closes her eyes for a moment, collecting her thoughts before one rises, clear above the rest. Maybe it is an age old question, one many people have asked and never received an answer, Elena doesn't know why she would be any different.

“What am I supposed to do?”

so take away this apathy

@Corrdelia

Corrdelia

the thoughts in my head

It's always interesting to her - those with the psychic ability, that is. Deep down, she is not psychic, but merely in tune with the world around her and is able to read signs that others may not. She cannot predict the future, but sometimes Spirit has a funny way of warning of future events. Still, this does not make her discredit those who truly have this gift of future-telling.

Corr's ears twitch when Elena says she's from Terrastella. It's a shame their paths did not cross then, but perhaps that's why they have crossed now. She's a lovely girl, Corr thinks, and even if it seems delayed, maybe she has found a new friend. "Everything happens for a reason!" she says, feeling chipper. "Although we did not meet in Terrastella, I'm glad that we have met now. It was fate, I would say." The mare thinks back to her house in the swamp, feeling a pang of homesickness. "I do miss the swamp, but the forest is lovely here too."

To Corr's delight, the woman enjoys the tea she's made for them. She takes a sip herself while Elena makes her choice of which deck she feels called to. Although there was no wrong answer, Corr is almost happier to hear her choose animal spirits. It's always fun to tap into the messages from the creatures around them. Sometimes it feels more forgiving than the energy tarot can bring.

"What am I supposed to do?" Elena asks. In reality, it's a common question Corr gets from clients, but it's no problem. Many come to her for direction, so it's only natural to ask such a question.

Corrdelia takes a moment to close her eyes and focus on her breathing. With each inhale and exhale, her mind slowly clears. She allows herself to tune out everything around her so she can be a vessel for the messages that Spirit brings. It's an important exercise she must do in order to hear everything more clearly for her clients.

She opens her eyes to pick up the deck and starts shuffling. Closing her eyes again, she continues to work on her breathing exercises while also focusing her attention on the cards. There really is no right or wrong way to shuffle, but she tends to listen to her intuition until she feels compelled to stop. When that moment comes, she lays out three cards onto the table. The first card is placed a little higher than the other two.

"The first card - or animal guide - will help us get a clearer understanding of the situation you're in and what you might be able to learn from it. I like to think that it can be a representation of ourselves," Corrdelia explains, glancing at Elena for a moment before flipping the card around. The image shows a group of salmon swimming upstream. The strong current of the water is displayed in the artwork and it makes Corr smile. It's a very literal symbol of the water element, but it seems very fitting to this woman's personality.

"Our first animal guide to speak is Salmon, or Fish. They are an animal of movement- nothing pleases them more. This is in line with their element of water- always moving, sometimes changing course, but otherwise 'going with the flow'. Fish remind us of our intuition and want us to follow our true path. Salmon in particular are strong swimmers and have an ability to swim upstream, taking a journey back to the rivers of their birth."

Corrdelia pauses a moment, closing her eyes again and reaching out to the Spirit realm. She can almost feel the current of the rushing water. At the same time, she can smell the salt and brine of sea, feeling the ebb and flow of the waves and hearing them crash against a cliffside. It reminds her of Praistigia Cliffs back in Terrastella and she wonders if this has a particular meaning for Elena. It feels somber, despite Elena's aura shining through like a summer sun.

"By Salmon making an appearance, it tells me that there is some uncertainty of what your true path is. There is restlessness, maybe feeling lost in the current of things. It could also mean slippery relationships- either with ourselves or others. You may be lost without clear goals or intentions," she explains, opening her eyes again. She feels for Elena. It's not easy to know what ones true purpose is, but hopefully they can find a sense of direction today with the help of the Guides.

She is drawn to look to the other cards first before looking deeper into these messages, so she flips the second card over. It reveals a mountain lion standing on a rock. They do not stand tall, but rather slightly hunched down. Corr's expression lights up as it starts to make more sense in her mind.

The message of the feline feels much stronger than the calming flow of water that the salmon swims through. This is some combination of earth and fire and it comes to her with much more force. "Now Salmon is speaking to your goals and true path, Mountain lion speaks to this too. However, they encourage you to keep these hidden. They are mysterious creatures that hunt at night and are usually more solitary beings. They speak to holding on to what your goals are until they are rooted and ready to be unveiled. If you were to reveal them too early, it might dilute their true potential. You want to give yourself time to think about what your aspirations really are and build up confidence on them. Open up only when the time is right and when you can welcome the feedback of others. Follow the Mountain lion's solitary nature by only keeping a small circle of people around you. Make sure they are trust-worthy and will help you grow in the right ways. You must avoid those who are judgmental."

She does not hesitate when flipping the final card over, which reveals a colorful image of a Chameleon. This is when Corr now finds herself taking a second to gather her thoughts to make sure she can listen to their message closely.

"Chameleon reflects on energy and how that energy flows. It speaks to the magic of empaths. Chameleon changes color in response to their surroundings and this is similar to how us empaths will shift energy based on our mood, or the mood of those around us. There are many ways to manipulate this energy and what Chameleon is saying here is to not lose yourself. You want to be more aware of your life force, be mindful of the energy you project and absorb. Chameleon wants you to know the difference between adapting to an environment and trying to fit in. They ask you, 'are you changing your own color to please someone else? Is what you're feeling authentic or are you carrying the baggage of others?'" It's strange just how much this message resonates with Corrdelia and perhaps the Guide is speaking to them both. It makes her wonder if this woman shares the same empath magic she inherited when she came to Novus.

There is the smell of the river in the air for a moment and the crow witch's eyes drift back to the card of the Salmon. She circles back to what was revealed at the start. "Salmon understands all this for you and wants you to look inward. Take time to think about the path you're currently on. They ask if you are following your intuition or if you're simply letting the current take you. Do you feel as if you're struggling to swim upstream and getting nowhere or are you forging your own path? By following your intuition and listening to Salmon, you may find yourself coming to a place you couldn't have even imagined, but this is a good thing."

There is one last message that the fish brings before she can imagine it swimming away. "You can find some clarity by spending time with lunar forces. Do you feel any inspiration by the night- by the Moon? You may find that it will bring you peace and soothe your soul and help you on this search within yourself."

She gives a silent thanks to the cards and the Spirits before picking the cards up and placing them back in their home of the deck. With a soft smile, her eyes move to the woman of gold. There is always a rush of emotions to be felt after giving a client a reading, so Corr will not be surprised if this time is the same.

"Well my dear, do you have any questions?" Her voice is calm and she keeps her own questions to herself until she's sure Elena feels content. However, the curiosity is still there to know if the woman is an empath too. Maybe they can both learn from each other in their shared abilities.

"Speaking."
credits

@Elena <3

Inactive Character

They were so close to meeting, maybe on a shoreline, maybe in the swamp, but Elena thinks this forest is just as good, maybe better. “I would say so as well,” she offers with a gentleness that is so innately Elena, she forgets for a moment she is no longer in Beqanna and speaking to a familiar face. The forest is lovely. Elena thinks back to the forests she has seen. There had been one that was less than pleasant and one that had held something so precious to her. “My best friend lives in a forest, but are you ever fearful of their mystery?” She asks. Elena has questioned sometimes why she did not end up in Dawn, instead in Dusk, and she realizes now, for all the flowers in the world, she would not change her ocean or her open skies. “I don't spend too often in the swamp, aside from the hospital,” she says. Even then, Elena has been a traveling medic, preferring to stay near the city, near the sea. She visits people in their homes, taking temperatures of little ones, easing the burns of a cook for one of the wealthy families, mending a sprain of a solider on patrol.

Elena settles in her with her tea for her reading. There is an eagerness in her eyes, curiosity in her smile. She watches Corrdelia’s breathing, watches the cards, watches what fates could sprawl out before her, golden ears tipped forwards. Waiting.

Shuffle.

Shuffle.

Shuffle. Shuffle.

And then three cards are set on the table, blue eyes run over the corners of them before the first card is flipped over, revealing a school of fish, of Salmon. Elena is familiar with them, a school of salmon had once passed through Murmuring Rivers. Lilli, Lucien, and her had gathered around to watch them. There had been so many. “They must come here every year,” Malachi had said to him as he appeared behind them. Elena had turned to look at him with then eyes of amber. “Salmon always return home,” he said almost sadly. Elena wondered if they were the same, if they would return home too, if she would return home. But the thought is fleeting and she went back to watching he fish.

Always moving, sometimes changing course, but otherwise 'going with the flow’. Elena’s eyes flitter like blue butterflies to Corr’s face before back to the card. “Our true path?” She questions. Her true path? What could that be? Her heart tips in disappointment. How was she supposed to follow her true path if she didn't know what it was. Intuition had led her to Tunnel, it had led her away from home, it led her into darkness.

But Corr’s next words, perhaps do not offer reassurance, but a reasoning. You may be lost without clear goals or intentions. Elena had thought coming here, coming to Terrastella would provide her direction, but Elena thinks her compass may be broken. Or maybe, it never really worked in the first place.

And then the lion appears. A mountain lion, but a lion all the same. Ichiro the lion, they used to say, she heard the stories. Lions were a symbol of the House Legacy. She listens to Corr’s words, but she cannot stop staring at the lion’s face and thinking about all the brave ones who came before her. “How do I know who to trust?” She asks. She thinks of the faces she has met here, Anandi, Luvena, Marisol, Corr, Tenebrae, and Azrael. How does she know? And how does she keep secrets when her emotions so plainly write themselves on the golden angles of her face? She doesn't dwell though, because the final card is flipped.

“Empaths?” She asks more to herself than the cards. She thinks of Lilli and her echoes, but she isn't sure entirely how it relates to herself, Elena listens carefully. She has nothing to add to her words, just looks at Corr with a silent thank you. Elena has no idea just how entirely she would be connected to this card in the coming weeks. When the emotions of others became her own, changing her colors, to blue when she wants to be green, to orange when she wants to be yellow. To a wild rainbow when all she wants to be is colorless. “I don't know how to answer that,” she responds truthfully. Maybe Corrdelia did not expect a response, but Elena felt inclined to give her one anyways.

She lets a shard of laughter touch her lips. “Ive actually always been a little afraid of the dark.” Liar. Because even now she is thinking about settling in beside a boy of shadows. “But I've been beginning to enjoy to the stars.” A star. “Thank you, Corrdelia and,” she looks hesitantly at the crow. “Hasta.” She adds with a smile. “For everything.” It is sincere and it is kind. “This cant be the only time we meet. Maybe you can come to my home in Terrastella,” she asks before looking out the window. “I need to be going back, but please, come and visit.” She says with a quick touch to the girl’s cheek, before she turns to leave, carrying the animal spirits with her.

so take away this apathy

@Corrdelia

Corrdelia

the thoughts in my head

Elena seems to have many questions during the reading and Corr isn't surprised. Her clients usually do before, during and after readings, sometimes long after the reading even happens. It's the nature of it and, sometimes, she doesn't have all the answers. She likes to think she does and try to help them, but a lot of the time, they have to figure things out on their own. They need to listen to what the universe is trying to tell them and really watch the signs that appear. Not everyone is attuned with that ability.

"Yes, our true path. Not always clear, but everyone has a purpose," she starts to explain, although Elena may not still understand it yet. "You just have to trust your gut and it will help you understand many things- who to trust, what to do, and well…" There is just something about this woman that speaks empath to Corr. It reminds her so much of herself and how easily she picks up on emotions. She can't really explain it, such is the nature of her magic too. "I think your purpose might be to help others, in some way." The crow witch leaves it at that. If she hasn't figured out her magic yet, she doesn't want to spoil it for her or steer her in the wrong direction if her hunch isn't right (she's pretty sure it is, though).

Corr can tell Elena is a bit jumbled about the reading (again, a natural reaction), but she thanks her and Hāsta. The dappled mare nods with a soft smile before Elena comes over to touch her cheek as a goodbye.

"Of course," she says, appreciating this new friendship she's formed. "We'll definitely come visit. I know Hāsta will complain the whole time, but we'll be there." She laughs, looking at the bird who is always grumpy about traveling.

She then watches as the palomino leaves and it's quiet again. Corr can still feel the warmth from the woman's presence and enjoys it for as long as it lasts while she cleans things up. Hopefully they will meet again.

"Speaking."
credits

@Elena just a closer <3 thank you again for the lovely thread!