Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Restricted Item Redemption - Active Magic

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Kat [PM] Posts: 5 — Threads: 3
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Elliot
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yes
-- If no: --

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? Yes, but I will write it!
-- If yes: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present? N/A
-- If yes: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? N/A
-- If yes: How would you like to gain this Active Magic? N/A

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Cerebrokinesis
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes
-- If yes, give a brief description: Haunting, ghostly music that seems to follow him, faintly. Appears helpful in aiding him while using his magic, such as to calm others.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Secrecy is the keyword to all of the de Clare's success, and likewise a large part of the Dusk Court's history. Elliot's magic, and the way that he would say he only uses it to make Terrastella's youth the best that they can be, is the Dusk Court's best kept secret.

Agreement
I understand and agree to all of the following: I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. Staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have formally approved this redemption, replaced my Active Magic Item with the Tiered Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records. If I am found writing my character with a Magic other than the one described in my profile, my item will be revoked without refund.

Signed: Katherine

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Katherine / @Elliot - Active Magic approved upon character acceptance and added to the Records! You may begin RP'ing your character with their Magic.

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Member will be writing their own quest.

[Image: 24524934_NdnoSyT7yCLDo6m.png]
unholy, i want you to know it
and you'll be my sacrifice

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 84 — Threads: 16
Signos: 525
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Elliana
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? No
-- If no: Inherited
https://novus-rpg.net/showthread.php?tid=5257

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? Yes, but writing their own

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Medium
-- If yes, give a brief description: Can sense when someone is near death, or is dying
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Dusk Court is known to be empaths, Elliana's sensitivity for others just extends to the undead rather than the living. Her magic also starts to grow strong when dusk settles over the land...

Agreement
I understand and agree to all of the following: I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. Staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have formally approved this redemption, replaced my Active Magic Item with the Tiered Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records. If I am found writing my character with a Magic other than the one described in my profile, my item will be revoked without refund.

Signed: Sam

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Sam / @Elliana - Active Magic approved upon character acceptance and added to the Records! You may begin RP'ing your character with their Magic.

*** STAFF EDIT ***

Played by Offline Cannon [PM] Posts: 20 — Threads: 4
Signos: 410
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Hagar
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? yep!

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? yes
-- If yes: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present? present
-- If yes: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? I would assume Solterra somewhere but I'm not picky
-- If yes: How would you like to gain this Active Magic? (she's born with it, theoretically)

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Compulsion/mind control
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? yes
-- If yes, give a brief description: aura of comfort/safety/warmth to try and take the edge off of the compulsion's side effects and lull people into a sense of security
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? yes!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Day Court values strength, and I think that exercising control over others, especially against their will, is as much a show of force as any.

Agreement

Signed: @Cannon

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Cannon / @Hagar - Active Magic approved upon character acceptance and added to the Records! +1 EXP was granted for gaining major agora item. You may begin RP'ing your character with their Magic.

*** STAFF EDIT ***

This quest for this redemption can be found here! Once @Hagar replies according to the requirements, they can  go to the Experience Updates thread to claim the EXP.

[Image: fhOESb6.png]
"I am not your queen, i'm your dictator."

Played by Offline Syndicate [PM] Posts: 48 — Threads: 7
Signos: 10
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Aeneas
-- If no: Rolled for in the Orestes x Marisol breeding request.
Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? Nope 
-- If yes: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present? N/A
-- If yes: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? Nope
-- If yes: How would you like to gain this Active Magic? N/A

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Cosmic Ergokinesis
-- If yes, give a brief description: Yes. Similar to Orestes, Aeneas constantly glows. When surrounded by or feeling positive energy, this glow takes on a radiant and bright appearance of lighter colouring. When surrounded by or feeling negative energy, this glow takes on a darker or sometimes reddish tint (more like shadows rather than light). Aeneas's tattoo-like markings perpetually emit a radiant, red glow that intensifies with the usage of his powers. 
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Aeneas's magic is genetically linked to his father's. Whereas Orestes's magic was that of Solar Transformation and related to the cosmos and Solis in that way, Aeneas's magic is the magic of all cosmic energy and sources power from the sun. This reflects his split heritage between Day and Dusk, in particular (and in the early stages of his magic) highlighting how he cannot use his magic at Dusk or Dawn, perhaps due to his split heritage and confused religious stance. 

Agreement

Signed: Syndicate 

(Also, I am the most liberal arts of liberal arts people, and I hope my physics make... a tiny tiny bit of sense?) 

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@syndicate / @Aeneas Active Magic approved upon character acceptance and added to the Records. You are free to write your character with their magic! Member declined a quest for this redemption.

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 10 — Threads: 4
Signos: 1,200
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Diana
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yes.
-- If no: n/a

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? Yes, but I'll write my own.
-- If yes to staff-written: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present? n/a
-- If yes to staff-written: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? n/a
-- If yes to staff-written: How would you like to gain this Active Magic? n/a

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Black Hole Manifestation (whoops, it's three words)
-- If yes, give a brief description: Golden parts of body glow with blinding light when using magic.
How does the Magic relate to your Court? The sun is a star, and a black hole is created when a star dies; Diana’s immensely destructive and near-incontrollable magic is well-suited to the warlike ideology of her court, much as it is composed of light-swallowing dark.

Agreement

Signed: @Jeanne

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Jeanne / @Diana - Active Magic approved upon character acceptance! You may begin RP'ing your character with their Magic.

*** STAFF EDIT ***

WHETHER YOU LOVE WHAT YOU LOVE OR LIVE IN DIVIDED CEASELESS REVOLT AGAINST IT
what you love is your fate.

please tag Diana! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 9 — Threads: 2
Signos: 270
Day Court Youth
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 506 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: Literary Animation & N/A  |    Bonded: Dandelion (Sky Lion)

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Ambrose
-- If no: N/A

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? Yes, but I will write it myself c:
-- If yes to staff-written: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present?
-- If yes to staff-written: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in?
-- If yes to staff-written: How would you like to gain this Active Magic?

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Literary Animation
-- If yes, give a brief description: Words and images from the texts he reads and animates will lift from the paper and float around him
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Ambrose's magic has the potential to be dangerous, even deadly, which would make sense for a court with such a history entrenched in violence and war. More than that, however, his magic is the part of Solterra that few see anymore—the pieces of it that have been forgotten—the lively part. He is reanimating his beloved home one image, one text at a time, and bringing it back to life.

Agreement

Signed: Katherine

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Katherine / @Ambrose - Active Magic approved upon character acceptance! You may begin RP'ing your character with their Magic.

*** STAFF EDIT ***

[Image: 27092483_OXKc9V3WJVpPTMw.png]
we start with stars in our eyes
we start believing that we belong

Played by Offline Llama [PM] Posts: 4 — Threads: 2
Signos: 245
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Illo
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? NO
-- If no: New member free Restricted Item Redemption

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Dragon Shifting
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes
-- If yes, give a brief description: As Illo can only transform into a Golden Dragon her skin is made of pure gold as well.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? YES
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Dragons are fierce fighters. Illos specific magic is dually equipped for Day Court in it's ability to thrive in both the terrain and social and physical requirements and constraints of its court. There are no lengths that a Dragon would not go to to protect it's holdings, treasure or position. They fear no fight or uphill battle placed before them and are often boastful or prideful of their feats in life.

Agreement

Signed: @Llama

*** STAFF EDIT
@Llama / @Illo active magic approved!

*** STAFF EDIT
Please let staff know if you'd like to quest IC for the magic.

~~~

Played by Offline star [PM] Posts: 2 — Threads: 1
Signos: 235
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Roselin
-- If no: New Member Free Restricted Item Redemption

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Dragonice
-- If yes, give a brief description: Roselin's dragon ice sometimes forms "ice scales" on her body which allow some immunity to the cold.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? YES
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Rosey is still learning her craft but she hopes to use her ability to aid her court. She comes from a long heritage of Summer-lined horses and is the first of her (direct) bloodline to have such a power. She is hoping to show others that there is beauty in ice and to help others in her adoptive home with it in any way she can ex. healing (ice packs anyone?), creating art and appreciating the simplicity that comes from the natural world.

Agreement

Signed: @star

~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@star / @Roselin active magic approved and added to the Records!

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Member has declined quest.

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 7
Signos: 25
Night Court Scholar
Male [He/Him]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: Charismatic Influence  |    Bonded: N/A

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Sebastien
-- If no: One Free Restricted Item per Member

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? No

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Charismatic Influence
-- If yes, give a brief description: Proximity influence that encourages equines close by to be more open to suggestion
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Sebastien is most likely to use his magic in line with court ideals if it boils down to the protection of either his family, or Denocte itself. He uses this magic to his advantage to gain useful information or mend relationships in favour of his court. This could be considered protection because if he accomplishes the tasks of mending a relationship it may prevent imminent or future harm from befalling a citizen of Denocte.

Agreement

Signed: Elidhu

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Elidhu / @Sebastien - Active magic approved upon character acceptance, item sent and added to the Records!

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Member has declined quest.

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 9 — Threads: 2
Signos: 330
Vagabond Battlemage
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 487 Winter]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 23  |    Active Magic: Arcane Weaponry & N/A  |    Bonded: Merlin (Wyvern)

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Tristan
-- If no:

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? Yes - Member Written

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Arcane Weaponry
-- If yes, give a brief description: When using his magic, Tristan's turquoise eyes glow bright, matching the very color of the weapons he conjures.
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Vagabond; he does what he wants.

Agreement

Signed: @Sparrow

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Sparrow / @Tristan - Active magic approved, tier item sent, and added to the Records! +1EXP for gaining awarded.

*** STAFF EDIT ***

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »