Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Restricted Item Redemption - Active Magic

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Day Court Soldier
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 493 Spring]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 17 — Atk: 23 — Exp: 41  |    Active Magic: Telemanipulation  |    Bonded: Circe (Lammergeier Wyvern)

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Torstein
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? No.
-- If no: Free restricted item for audition for staff.

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Telemanipulation
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes
-- If yes, give a brief description: mirages subtle sounds sometimes
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes.
How does the Magic relate to your Court? His ability is not unlike the Oasis' themselves with their ability to warp perception and reality.

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? Yes
-- If yes: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present? Present
-- If yes: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? Nope!
-- If yes: How would you like to gain this Active Magic? Open to ideas c:

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records.

Signed: @inkbone

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@inkbone / @Torstein - Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your character was sent the corresponding Tier 1: Discipuli item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level. +1EXP granted for gaining interactive agora item.
This was reposted by @inkbone when the Restricted Item Redemption threads were split. Original form posted: 06/22/17

*** NOTICE! - STAFF EDIT ***
Quest can be found here! Once you reply, you may post in the Experience Update thread to claim the +1EXP for questing for an interactive agora item.

[ please tag @Torstein in all replies ]

I have three eyes
   TWO TO LOOK    ONE TO SEE

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Avdotya

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Avdotya
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? No.
-- If no: Free restricted item as staff incentive.

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Earth
-- If yes, give a brief description: No.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes.
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Able to command the very shifting sand and stone from beneath the Mors.

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? Yes
-- If yes: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present?
-- If yes: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in?
-- If yes: How would you like to gain this Active Magic?

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records.

Signed: @inkbone

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Avdotya / @kay - Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your character was sent the corresponding Tier 1: Discipuli item! You may now begin writing her IC'ly with his magics according to her level.
This was reposted by @inkbone on behalf of @kay when the Restricted Item Redemption threads were split. Original form posted: 06/01/17

*** STAFF EDIT ***
The quest for this redemption can be found here! Once you reply, you may post in the Experience Update thread to claim the +1EXP for questing for an interactive agora item.

Basileios

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @'Basileios'
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? No
-- If no: Oct. 2018 joining incentive!

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Truth-telling
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? No
-- If yes, give a brief description: n/a
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes
How does the Magic relate to your Court? The light of day exposes all things, even the truth; Basil's ability to discern the truth is likened to this.

Agreement

Signed: Silver

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Silver / @Basileios - Active Magic was approved, added to the Records, and your character was sent the corresponding Tier 1: Discipuli item! You may now begin writing them IC'ly with their magics according to their level.

Euryale

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Euryale
-- If no: Nov. 2018 joining incentive!

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Aerokinesis
-- If yes, give a brief description: Her voice has a tendency to echo further along the airwaves, a haunting, ephemeral melody; often laced in a sultry, and sirenic promise, that is more caressive than it is ever destructive.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out?Yes
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Dusk is that mysterious hour before the final rays of sunlight descends into evening. As such, Euryale's chosen power is both mysterious, enigmatic and temperamental - fleeting, graceful, barely there - yet in the same breath, capable of extreme and blinding violence.  A sweet summer breeze may turn into a tempest.

Agreement

Signed: Aurora

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Aurora / @euryale - Active Magic was approved, added to the Records, and your character was sent the corresponding Tier 1: Discipuli item! You may now begin writing them IC'ly with their magics according to their level.

Played by Offline bruiser [PM] Posts: 99 — Threads: 13
Signos: 1,000
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: Theodosia!
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? no
-- If no: redeeming her reward from the SWP participation

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Storm Calling
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? yes
-- If yes, give a brief description: Theodosia can create harmless heat & ball lightning that crackles over her skin / between her wings when she 'calls' to it (or when she’s particularly riled up), making for a spectacular light show. She has no actual control over this lightning, as it responds to her emotions and the situation around her.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? yup!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Vespera is restoring Theodosia's status as a demigod as a reward for her heroism during the events of the recent SWP -- as the child of a weather god, storm calling comes naturally to Theodosia (and it's possible that Vespera thought it was indeed a worthwhile blessing for someone who acted so bravely during the fierce storms ;D but we may never know for sure)

Agreement

Signed: Bruiser

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@bruiser / @Theodosia - Active Magic was approved, added to the Records, and your character was sent the corresponding Tier 1: Discipuli item! You may now begin writing them IC'ly with their magics according to their level.

she wasn't looking for a knight,
she was looking for a sword.

Eos

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: http://novus-rpg.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=874
-- If no: Dec.2018 joining incentive!

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Fire
-- If yes, give a brief description: 
Glowing eyes that grew in intensity depending on how dark it is.
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Eos is not a native to the courts, however, she is native to the land. She simply chose the Dawn Court because it was the closest; being in a forest and with lost of foliage, having fire magic is probably not ideal, but she has it! ** staff edit: reasoning justified, as fire manipulation could be linked to Dawn due to their recent issues with wildfire during the last site wide plot.

Agreement

Signed: Mads

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Mads / @Eos, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your character was sent the corresponding Tier 1: Discipuli item! You may now begin writing them IC'ly with their magics according to their level.

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Israfel
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yep
-- If no:

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Pyromancy
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes, but undecided at this time what it will be.
-- If yes, give a brief description:
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Born with this magic and subsequently killed by it, Israfel will use her magic to regain confidence in her abilities as well as use it with her position to protect Terrastellla.

Agreement

Signed: @Sparrow

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Sparrow / @Israfel - Active Magic was approved, added to the Records, and your character was sent the corresponding Tier 1: Discipuli item! You may now begin writing them IC'ly with their magics according to their level.

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Caine

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Caine
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? yes
-- If no:

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Dream illusion
-- If yes, give a brief description: his eyes flare gold (like flames licking out from them) when he casts his illusions
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Dreams no longer belong to the dominion of Night. How ironic it is for them to be manipulated in the light of Day, where they are made corporeal and mesmerizing. Beautiful and horrifying in equal measure, Caine's magic fits strangely well in a Court as violent and dazzling as Solis'.

Agreement

Signed: rallidae

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@rallidae / @Caine - Active Magic was approved, added to the Records, and your character was sent the corresponding Tier 1: Discipuli item! You may now begin writing them IC'ly with their magics according to their level.

Erasmus

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: Erasmus
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? no
-- If no: Dec. joining incentive!

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Umbrakinesis Aether Manipulation (updated 07/11/20)
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? yes.
-- If yes, give a brief description: shadows that cling to his form - aesthetic. pool in the shadows about him, hung like cobwebs from beneath his mane and tail, trail behind him as he walks. caress lightly over his body. in direct, bright daylight they are fewer, almost nonexistent until the 3rd or 4th stage of his magic.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? yes
How does the Magic relate to your Court? in shadow as a part of night - his powers are strongest at night time, in fact for the first couple stages of his magic he can hardly use his powers except at dusk or the evening. he may even claim the capabilities to be a blessing of caligo, though for a time he will teeter in agnosticism. his intentions on behalf of the Night Court would be defensive - his motives revolving around the protection of their court and himself. His updated magic mocks the cosmetics of Erasmus's previous shadow-work - it is similarly night-material, therefore suiting Denocte.

Agreement

Signed: Raeym.

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Raeym / @Erasmus Active Magic was approved and added to the Records, and your character was sent the corresponding Tier 1: Discipuli item! You may now begin writing them IC'ly with their magics according to their level.
07/11/20 changed to Aether Manipulation.

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Rhone
-- If no: Dec.2018 joining incentive!

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Earth Manipulation
-- If yes, give a brief description: He has a small tattoo on his right hip in the shape of a cherry blossom tree. It blossoms and dies according to his mood. It is something he cannot control, it simply happens with the changing of his mood. When it appears to bloom or die, it appears on the tattoo – no actual flowers bloom or fall, it happens all on the tattoo. When he is happy or excited, it blooms. When he’s depressed or sad, the blossoms begin to fall and the tattoo seems mosaic, as if one can watch the blossoms fall to the ground. When he’s downright angry, it seems that the whole tree seems to wither and die.
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Rhone is a hopeless romantic and has a huge capacity to love. He's fiercely loyal and will do anything to protect those he calls family. His magic stems from his devotion to the God of Earth (a god not of Novus) and he draws his powers from his beliefs. HIs magic will be to mostly bring love and laughter to his court, but will also bring death and destruction to his enemies.

Agreement

Signed: Zombie

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Zombie / @Rhone - Active Magic was approved and added to the Records, and your character was sent the corresponding Tier 1: Discipuli item! You may now begin writing them IC'ly with their magics according to their level.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »