Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Restricted Item Redemption - Active Magic

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aghavni

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Aghavni
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? yes
-- If no: IF 'NO' TO ABOVE QUESTION, HOW WAS IT OBTAINED? IF A CONTEST PRIZE, APPLICABLE THREAD LINKS MUST BE INCLUDED

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? yes
-- If yes: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present? past
-- If yes: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? on the island, if possible! Denocte/Solterra if not
-- If yes: How would you like to gain this Active Magic? I'm thinking something like: she comes across a creature as she explores the island and in a panic, before she can get her fan out the creature attacks or catches her off guard, and then a nearby plant moves (like a vine stretching out or something) to grab at the creature? and then she slowly figures out why recently, plants seem to "stick" to her a lot more (vines tangling suspiciously frequently in her mane, branches whipping across her face, etc)

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: plant compulsion
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? yes
-- If yes, give a brief description: plants "act up" around her, commonly by either stretching towards her or subtly changing appearance (brighter leaves, for example)
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? yes
How does the Magic relate to your Court? since plants use photosynthesis, they are directly dependent on the sun! her magic is also a very willful magic, in that she is not "communicating" with them - she is forcing them to her will, and in relation to recent events, will be using her magic to try and cultivate some food-producing greenery in Solterra's sea of deserts

Agreement
I understand and agree to all of the following: I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. Staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have formally approved this redemption, replaced my Active Magic Item with the Tiered Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records. If I am found writing my character with a Magic other than the one described in my profile, my item will be revoked without refund.

Signed: rallidae

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@rallidae / @aghavni- Active Magic approved and added to the Records! Discipuli item has been sent. You may write them IC'ly with their new magic.

*** STAFF EDIT ***
This quest was written by @Obsidian and can be found here

Played by Offline Darkrise [PM] Posts: 46 — Threads: 14
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Castalla
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item?No
-- If no: Redeeming it as my free newbie restricted item (did not redeem on first character)

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? No
-- If yes: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present? n/a
-- If yes: How would you like to gain this Active Magic? n/a

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Shapeshifting
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes
-- If yes, give a brief description: Enhanced senses and vision due to being able to shift into animals with better senses.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Castalla was born with this magic and entered Novus with the magic. Though she may shift into any form she likes, Castalla prefers the form of her people- a large wolf. And though her kind are shapeshifters and not werewolves, they have an affinity for the night and the moon, metaphorically drawing strength from it and believing the night to be the face of their patron goddess, Nysa. In Alanaris, Nysa is an ancient goddess of the night and thought to be the one who blessed shifters with their powers, therefore Castalla's people believe their power comes from her. Upon learning of The Night Court's patron Goddess, Castalla will believe her to be another aspect of Nysa.

Agreement
I understand and agree to all of the following: I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. Staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have formally approved this redemption, replaced my Active Magic Item with the Tiered Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records. If I am found writing my character with a Magic other than the one described in my profile, my item will be revoked without refund.

Signed: Darkrise

~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Darkrise / @Castalla- Active Magic approved and added to the Records! Discipuli item has been sent. You may write them IC'ly with their new magic.

*** STAFF EDIT ***
The quest for this is pending. You will be notified when it becomes available.

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Callynite
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? YES

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? YES
-- If yes: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present? Present!
-- If yes: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? Any one works
-- If yes: How would you like to gain this Active Magic? So Cally's magic is ICly already inside her, she had it before coming to Novus - but the magic of the portal and coming into Novus locked it away after manipulating it to fit their standards and placed tightly into a cage until she could earn it. However the magic comes back into play, I want that cage DEMOLISHED, especially if it can be demolished in a visible array and feeling of power just so she can cry in relief when she feels it surround her once more <3

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Energy Flow
-- If yes, give a brief description: Visible Aura
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yep!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? As one of the dawn court, Cally's court is the court of a new day, a court of knowledge and curiosity and of the flow of calmness and of a life of no boundaries - the flowing of the energies to uncover the unknowns of the world. As the court is a court of the new day and the power of that life, the cycle of that energy, so is Cally's magic part of that energy and cycle, and the knowledge of how it all comes together and how there is no boundaries between energy forces - that they are all connected through the natural flow of energy.

Agreement

Signed: Dyzzie

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Dyzzie / @Callynite- Active Magic approved and added to the Records! Discipuli item has been sent. You may write them IC'ly with their new magic. Member completed thread quest for this redemption on 12/21/19.

Played by Offline Symbiosi [PM] Posts: 9 — Threads: 4
Signos: 235
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Yana
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? NO
-- If no: Free restricted item

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? YES
-- If yes: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present? Present
-- If yes: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? Tinea swamp, specifically with the leaning black obelisk etched with runes across each surface
-- If yes: How would you like to gain this Active Magic? I intend for Yana to perform some sort of ritual with the obelisk; she wants to link her soul to it by offering it her heart. This will have detrimental effects on her later for future plots.

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Swamp pact
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? YES
-- If yes, give a brief description: When Yana stands still the swamp covers her in its green murk, muddy waters, and decaying foliage, serving to protect her from those that may be pursuing her. The swamp "camouflage" drips off of her when she starts to move again.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? YES
How does the Magic relate to your Court? The Dusk Court is known for its cunning and secrecy, and I think Yana's love for the swamp has been evident right from day one; she desires to decipher the runes on the obelisk because she believes it will help her control the swamp, helping her make advances in medicine that could not be done otherwise. This is fitting because the swamp is also home to the secluded Hospital. The Parvus magic is suitable because Yana tries to avoid conflict rather than confront it, an ideal that she shares with the Dusk Court.

Agreement

Signed: Symbiosi

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Symbiosi / @Yana Active Magic approved and added to the Records; you are free to write your character with their magic.

*** STAFF EDIT ***
This quest is pending. We will let you know when it becomes available.

Played by Offline Cannon [PM] Posts: 134 — Threads: 26
Signos: 80
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Andras
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yes

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? Yes
-- If yes: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present? Past
-- If yes: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? -unhelpful shrug-
-- If yes: How would you like to gain this Active Magic? Mostly he just gets so angry and frustrated that it... comes out of him, once Oriens decides he should have it.

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Arc Flash
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes!
-- If yes, give a brief description: Because he is constantly dumping energy, and because his magic is tired directly to his emotional state, the more emotional he is, the more electricity starts to arc off his body.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yep!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Andras' magic itself is aggressive, and volatile, and loud and dangerous - but it's all these things to him, too. If his emotions are out of control is quickly overloads and is totally useless. So, sort of by punishing him into it, Andras' aggressive magic teaches him to be calm, and level-headed, and patient - the values of Dawn Court.

Agreement

Signed: Cannon

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Cannon / @Andras Active Magic approved and added to the Records; you are free to write your character with their magic.

*** STAFF EDIT ***
This quest can be found HERE. Exp pending reply

they made you into a weapon
and told you to find peace.

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 12
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Dune
-- If no:

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? No
-- If yes: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present?
-- If yes: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in?
-- If yes: How would you like to gain this Active Magic?

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Dream Walking
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? No
-- If yes, give a brief description:
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Solis' light is so powerful that it touches all, even (for those with His blessing) the inside of the sleeping mind, often presumed to be realm of Caligo and Caligo alone.

Agreement

Signed: Rae

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Rae / @Dune Active magic approved and added to the Records. You are free to write your character with their magic. Member declined a quest for this redemption.

Azrael

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Azrael
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? No
-- If no: IF 'NO' TO ABOVE QUESTION, HOW WAS IT OBTAINED? 2 year anniversary raffle (already received item in 2019 but documenting now) https://novus-rpg.net/showthread.php?tid=3660&pid=20109#pid20109

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? Yes
-- If yes: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present? Present
-- If yes: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? No preference
-- If yes: How would you like to gain this Active Magic? No preference

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Dreamwalking
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? No
-- If yes, give a brief description: N/A

How does the Magic relate to your Court? Night Court - Azrael is a star-shed and worships the night/stars, so dreamwalking is connected with the court ideals since this is a largely night activity.

Agreement

Signed: Firefly

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Firefly / @azrael Active Magic approved and added to the Records; you are free to write your character with their magic.

*** STAFF EDIT ***
This quest for this redemption can be found here! Once Azrael replies according to the requirements, he will be awarded EXP.

Played by Offline Muirgen [PM] Posts: 24 — Threads: 4
Dusk Court Merchant
Female [she/her]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  13.3 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: Halokinesis  |    Bonded: N/A

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Saphira
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? YES
-- If no: n/a

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? no
-- If yes: n/a
-- If yes: n/a
-- If yes: How would you like to gain this Active Magic? n/a
One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Halokinesis
-- If yes, give a brief description: Body keeps excess salt and excretes it as crystal through her pores.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? yes
How does the Magic relate to your Court? She can sculpt salt to make pretty art and create different salt compounds to be used for healing purposes.

Agreement

Signed: Muirgen

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Muirgen / @Saphira Active Magic approved and added to the Records. You are free to write your character with their magic! Member declined a quest for this redemption.

Boudika

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Boudika
-- If no: b/a

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? Yes! 
-- If yes: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present? Past 
-- If yes: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? N/A
-- If yes: How would you like to gain this Active Magic? Really anything! Some kind of challenge or confrontation with figures of her past? 

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Amorphous Transformation 
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes!
-- If yes, give a brief description: The sense of her appearance being like a stone beneath water; slightly distorted, but almost imperceivable. Her eyes might glint a different colour, her stripes might become spots, etc. From the corner of the eye she might look briefly like a wildcat, or some other beast. These "transformations" are more a trick of the eye than a true transformation, more the suggestion that her shape is not as solid as a square glance might suggest. 
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Boudika's magic is a vivacious, life-centred magic; it ebbs and flows like the tides of the sea. Her magic is a representation of the passion of life, and the fierce wildness of Caligo's story. Sometimes, it is chaotic. Sometimes, it is dark. On a more physical level, the moon controls the tides of the sea, and Boudika's magic is directly connected to the amorphous nature of water, and that it makes up every living thing. Yet the ocean, the largest body of water, pays its dues to the moon's gravitational pull. So, too, does Boudika.  

Agreement

Signed: Syndicate 

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@syndicate / @boudika Active Magic approved and added to the Records; you are free to write your character with their magic.

*** STAFF EDIT ***
This quest for this redemption can be found here! Once Boudika replies according to the requirements, she will be awarded EXP.

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Elena
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? NO
-- If no: : Free restricted item for new members https://novus-rpg.net/showthread.php?tid=3030

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? YES… but I am writing it myself in a post : D

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Empathy
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yep!
-- If yes, give a brief description: Elena is able to sense the ability of another. She gleams only a vague idea of their power and what tier they are at, but the details of their powers will remain a mystery.
How does the Magic relate to your Court? “Dusk Court citizens are the empaths of Novus.” They are literally known for their empathy, and Elena will be able to truly express and help others with their emotions as her power grows.

Agreement

Signed: Sam

<3

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Sam / @Elena Active Magic approved and added to the Records; you are free to write your character with their magic.

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Sam / @Elena Your user-written quest thread My tomorrow longs to be unknown has been accepted and +3EXP has been redeemed.

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »